10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG

#1 10 years ago

Grabbed these at IKEA - just to see how it looked, similar to the stern lights I imagine, these you can set to blink or fade in and out of different colors - or just leave on one color.

would look nice in a big game room

IMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPG

#2 10 years ago

That looks fantastic,
    is it a remote sw? or do you have to turn it on/off at the lamp area?

#3 10 years ago

its a switch - but you could probably mount it to the inside or bottom of your machine - and use the service plug to make them work - it remebers the settings you have it on - so if you shut it off with the fade in fade out - it will start there when you turn them back on.

Its nice because I like to play my games in the dark and this gives you good lighting to move around the room but no lights from above to give you any glare.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50119407

video of someone that has them on a TV

I was in there buying a couch and figured why not give it a try.

#4 10 years ago

Very cool! I will have to pick some of these up.

Is 1 strip good for 1 machine fusion301? I see it has a a few in the package. I got 4 machines, but if I get 1 more...I might have to grab another pack.

#5 10 years ago

Dude, looks perfect. I am going to ikea asap. I will dress up like a yuppie and put on dark rimmed glasses and rent a Passat just for the occasion. Would not want to stick out.

Just kidding about the passat. I actually had one, and it was a great car.

#6 10 years ago

Cool! I bookmarked the page so I can order some later.

#7 10 years ago

Theater of magic says - Fix my coin door lights please! and damn, that is a well lit pin (ToM) I gotta get one.

#8 10 years ago

drbond: I have one set that is basically split - so there are two on one machine and two on the other - You may be able to do what I did but what I wanted to do was hook it into the service outlet inside, but i first wanted to see how it looked.

If your going to light behind the back box - which I think would be cool get one set for each machine. if your near an IKEA its cheap - but i think they rape you on the shipping if you order online.

Maldoror: ToM is a great flowing game - I havent found anything that you can get moving like ToM especially with the inner and outer loop - just keeps whipping the ball right back on your flippers perfectly.

if you get them the instructions are terrible - to go thru the modes hold the button in 3 beeps for fade in and out 2 beeps for blinking 1 beep to cycle thru the colors.

In the picture i have one package of lights (two are connected together for one machine and two for the other) they come as 4 seperate little strips - you can connect them how ever you want. 1-1-1-1 2-2 3-1 etc they also come with little things to make right angles (if you want to make a square or turn whatever.

IMG_0824.JPG

#9 10 years ago

I'm wondering - do you guys all play pins in dark? for me it's quite hard to play with no lights on...well its depends on the pin I guess. STTNG is quite hard to play in the dark so I had a light mounted with a switch to control the brightness. On the other side is TZ which is better lit and requires less light from surroundings.

#10 10 years ago

I dont play in complete dark but just ambient light at night, or if I have my other pin on also just hte lights from that. well and now these under lights

my coin door has never worked - I think someone cut the wires when they switched out the door I have to track down why or what happend there. Time to break out the schematics - I see all the wires are correct going to the PCB for that stuff but the wires coming down from the main GI in the back box looks a little hacked or missing

#11 10 years ago

I don't like to play in the dark but I do dim the lights.

#12 10 years ago

Good idea about lighting the backbox. Though I have hanging blacklights against the wall (look kinda like Christmas lights, but come in a purple-like color). I got them for peanuts during the Spirit Halloween clearance sale. They have them every year, so grab some when Halloween approaches. Good thing is that in the dark, they don't give off any glare on the playfield glass.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/

I want to pick up a animatronic Jason Vorhees this year. Maybe a Micheal Myers if they got them again. I want to have them against a whiteboard showing the latest high scores.

@fusion301: So buy a pack for each pin then fusion301? I want to hit up Ikea this week.

#13 10 years ago

Drbond if you want to do what I did - buy one pack. It will work for two pins(bottoms only).

If you want to light the bottom and back box buy one pack for each pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside