Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B00D10B0-87D3-47C9-906F-FCB6A0A5C996 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0953 (resized).JPG
    Mantis protectors.jpg
    Image 10-3-22 at 10.40 AM (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.48.56 PM (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

My very first brand new in the box game is being delivered tomorrow!

Any tips for a successful un-crating ?

#3 1 year ago

Legs on first
    Move close to where you plan to keep it
    Backbox up
    Backbox locked
    Glass off
    Ensure balls are out
    PF up
    Look for anything that got knocked loose / unplugged visually both inside cab and under PF.
    Install plum bob / tilt sensor
    PF down
    Balls in
    Remove all tape/packing from toys on topside of the PF
    Glass on
    Translite off
    Check all connections are seated in boards, check batteries are still seated/installed
    Translite on
    Plug in
    Turn on, sit there with hand on switch in case something looks messed up to quickly power down
    Assuming all is well, cycle through game settings and adjust as you like.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks very much!

It’s slotted for delivery anytime from 9-2. But I have to leave at noon for a conference out of town, so unless it comes very early, I won’t be able to set it up until Saturday.

I feel like a kid who gets a great Christmas present without any batteries and the stores are all closed for the holiday until Saturday.

#5 1 year ago

Be careful when bolting on your legs. CCRs have been shipping with over-crimped legs that can damage the cabinet decals (if you care about that kind of thing). People have come up with various solutions, such as doubling up on leg protectors or using extra thick ones.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Be careful when bolting on your legs.

Thanks for the tip. I saw that before I bought it and talked to Melissa and to CGC. CGC said it was some early, isolated incidents and not a current problem.

Melissa said their latest shipment shouldn’t have any of those issues.

#7 1 year ago

Sounds like you bought from cointaker. I've picked up my last 2 from them - one used one NIB. Honest sellers and good people. Shouldnt have any concerns.

#8 1 year ago

Last Wednesday in the late afternoon she said if I bought it that night she'd have it shipped out the next day. And she did. The Voodoo Glass is already here. Still waiting on my art blades. Might get some of the other mods later on.

#9 1 year ago

Check your balls. I’ve had some from Stern that looked like they were about to rust.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Install plum bob / tilt sensor

Optional

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Thanks for the tip. I saw that before I bought it and talked to Melissa and to CGC. CGC said it was some early, isolated incidents and not a current problem.
    Melissa said their latest shipment shouldn’t have any of those issues.

Be careful, there's still games coming out of boxes with the leg issue. Even if they are close, a good nudge can cause the legs to flex and contact.

Mine made contact out of the box, so it sparked me to develop these:

$30 for a set of four, +10.50 flat rate usps to the lower 48. They work great on Bally/ Willams too.

Image 10-3-22 at 10.40 AM (resized).JPGImage 10-3-22 at 10.40 AM (resized).JPGScreen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.48.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.48.56 PM (resized).png
    #12 1 year ago

Well, I’m conflicted on that.

On the one hand, I like everything on my machines to work properly.

But on the other hand, I feel that it is very rude of a game to tilt on its owner.

#13 1 year ago

If there is not a tilt it's not a real pinball experience.

#14 1 year ago

I've been using the Mantis hidden leg protectors on my games. They're nice and thick and come with screws if you wish to anchor them.

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

Mantis protectors.jpgMantis protectors.jpg

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

real pinball experience

#16 1 year ago

FWIW, the bob is in all my games and they all tilt. Death save = 2 warnings.
    Only game I ever took it out on was when I had GB. Ball saves weren't all in it yet while I had it so sliding it was necessary to have fun.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've been using the Mantis hidden leg protectors on my games. They're nice and thick and come with screws if you wish to anchor them.
    https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/
    [quoted image]

+1 for Kerry's products. Top notch guy that's been making original pinball products for 2+ decades now.

#18 1 year ago

Those look like metal. How is having those against the cabinet much different than having legs against the cabinet?

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Those look like metal. How is having those against the cabinet much different than having legs against the cabinet?

Legs against the decals will flex and move as the game moves or is nudged. The cabinet protectors do not move against the decals and provide a metal surface for the leg to contact. Protects the cabinet decals from wear.

#20 1 year ago

Decals? The cab isn’t painted? Was that down at the bottom in the fine print?

And legs aren’t tightly bolted on any more? What is the world coming to?

My most modern game before this is a 1981 Bally.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Lol, no decals have been the norm since the late 80s.

Legs are bolted on tightly but if you don’t want to risk wear and tear on your decals then buy some protectors. It’s up to you, your game.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Quoted from undrdog:

Yes, Eville Buddies are designed to sandwich between the legs and cabinet. CCr comes from the factory with metal leg protectors installed, but they are much much thinner and cannot overcome the over-crimped legs.
    -Our protectors are much thicker and have a smaller footprint than the cabinet legs meaning they do not overlap onto the decals on a game like CCr. This keeps the Eville Buddies (and hence the legs) from contacting the decal and wrinkling or tearing.

Yes, earlier pinball machines didn't have decals, the art was steciled or screenprinted on direct prior to them going to decals. However the legs make contact on older machines too, eventually wearing through the art to bare wood.

Check us out, I think your will find the price point very attractive and we make them ourselves here in the USA!

https://www.evillepinball.com/

#23 1 year ago

Next you'll be saying the cabinets are made of particle board!

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

You thinking the backs of Data East games ?

No, these are wood. Just like Williams used in the DMD era.

LTG : )

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

If there is not a tilt it's not a real pinball experience.

Exactly. Sling that bob in there nice and low, turn the warnings up a few levels. I don't feel like I'm playing pinball unless it yells ate to stop abusing it regularly

#26 1 year ago

Congratulations on your Credence Clearwater Revival SE. I didn't even know this band got a game.

I bet the wizard mode is Run Through the Jungle.

QSS

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

That was supposed to be funny— I thought for sure they would be, these days.

#28 1 year ago

Here we go!

The legs were not crimped. Set up went without a hitch. Thank goodness I have a lift table, a wife and an employee to help me get the game inside. The FedEx guy just left us with a 300 lb machine on a pallet at the front door. Was going to pay him to help, but negotiations didn't even get that far- he didn't seem at all receptive about it.

I'd hoped to put it in my office, but it came with the head on it. Couldn't get it around the corner to my office. So, it is in the break room instead of my office. I've already gotten over it.

It is a puzzle that the game weighs as much as a 4 player EM. I thought it would be much lighter, not having all the EM mechanics.

Many thanks tommyp for your set up list. Very helpful.

I didn't see any batteries. Maybe they were under the pf.

I've played a game. Now I have to drive to Austin. I'm taking the manual with me for some easy reading.

The ball got stuck in the mine the first time we shot it in there. Hasn't happened again so far. Hopefully that is a one time new game issue.

LOCK IS LIT and SO AM I!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I didn't see any batteries.

In the backbox. One small round one.

IMG_0953 (resized).JPGIMG_0953 (resized).JPG
    #30 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Here we go!
    The legs were not crimped. Set up went without a hitch. Thank goodness I have a lift table, a wife and an employee to help me get the game inside. The FedEx guy just left us with a 300 lb machine on a pallet at the front door. Was going to pay him to help, but negotiations didn't even get that far- he didn't seem at all receptive about it.
    I'd hoped to put it in my office, but it came with the head on it. Couldn't get it around the corner to my office. So, it is in the break room instead of my office. I've already gotten over it.
    It is a puzzle that the game weighs as much as a 4 player EM. I thought it would be much lighter, not having all the EM mechanics.
    I've played a game. Now I have to drive to Austin. I'm taking the manual with me for some easy reading.
    The ball got stuck in the mine the first time we shot it in there. Hasn't happened again so far. Hopefully that is a one time new game issue.
    LOCK IS LIT and SO AM I!

Delivery guy helping you is a liability if he gets hurt. There's a reason he didn't do it. With regard to your office - pins are usually almost always shorter than standard door size. Small door? Flip it 90 degrees - shocked it wont fit.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Here we go!
    LOCK IS LIT and SO AM I!

For some games I have to unbolt the hinges and rotate the head to get it through the door. It’s usually 4 or 6 bolts.

Congrats and enjoy that new pin smell

#32 1 year ago

The game came in just a few hours before I'd have to head out of town for a conference. No time to mess with unbolting the head, and it didn't look easy. I may try it later on, though.

There was no way me and my wife could manhandle a heavy machine sideways. Didn't think of it, either and the legs were already on it.

CCR question for the gallery: When the ball shoots out the back of the gold mine, it doesn't have much power. The pops seem kind of stiff and unresponsive, too. The power setting for the coils is at maximum. Is the ball supposed to shoot out the back of the gold mine with enough strength to go up into the two rollover lanes? Because it seldom does. The slope is set as per the manual, so it isn't that.

The reason I ask is because I have the iPad / Farsight game and the ball always goes up the rollovers. How is it supposed to act in real life?

Saw a pic of a game with saloon doors at the start of Bart's ramp. Mine didn't come with that, so I guess its a mod. Once I get my side art on, I'll start looking at other mods

I'm giving Cointaker a big thumbs up. Melissa said if I ordered the game that evening on the website she'd have it shipped the next day and she sure did! She is a joy to work with.

undrdog

#33 1 year ago

Not a small door. The door faces a hallway, so a game with a wide head cannot be angled through. I usually take the heads off but I didn't have time to try and was scared to hurt my new baby. This is my first game where the head folds down.

Loving it!

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

The pops seem kind of stiff and unresponsive, too.

Do your switches need adjusting ?

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

#35 1 year ago

@ltg
    Oh, there's leaf switches? Hadn’t even looked! Figured what with the new optical doodads and all….

I can handle that!

Have hardly had time to play, let alone take a good look underneath. But I did get up to 4th best high score before heading home.

A puzzle… what with all the optical switches and newfangled stuff, why go with old school rollover switches for the, uh, rollovers? Seems inconsistent.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I can handle that!

Just in case.

#37 1 year ago

Adjusted the pop switches. Much more responsive. Thanks, Lloyd!

#38 1 year ago

For me, a good set of pops is the essence of a good game. That and a fun skill shot.

#39 1 year ago

Readjusted the left pop. They go crazy now!

1 week later
    #40 1 year ago

Life's been crazy and am just now getting to spend some quality time with CCR. Completed Motherload mode and Bionic Bart mode yesterday. Will be installing art blades this weekend.

#41 1 year ago

Lookin' mighty fine, pardner!

B00D10B0-87D3-47C9-906F-FCB6A0A5C996 (resized).jpegB00D10B0-87D3-47C9-906F-FCB6A0A5C996 (resized).jpeg
    #42 1 year ago

Found a cow today! On the train tracks, blocking the train

Was not an Easter egg. Just part of slowing down the train via train ramp shot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uncrating-ccr-se and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.