Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by EchoVictor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Has anyone tried putting something like ping pong balls or rubber balls in their game just for fun? I bet you could make an entire second loop if you bounce pass a rubber ball at high speed!

#2 12 years ago

I think if someone could invent a lighted ball and keep the "feel" similar to the steel ball I would be interested.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from TavaLee:

I think if someone could invent a lighted ball

that would be cool

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from TavaLee:

I think if someone could invent a lighted ball and keep the "feel" similar to the steel ball I would be interested.

It exists, the powerball from TZ. Fun to put in other games to see how it will play.

#5 12 years ago

Yes, the powerball is about 25 % lighter and flys around, being ceramic, it does not react to magnets.

#6 12 years ago

that wouldn't work for me then... but a metalic ball with a light in it would be sweet... kinetic... a ball inside a ball to produce power to lite the light...

#7 12 years ago

The kinetic aesthetic!

#8 12 years ago

Wow

Sounds cool on paper but pretty sure it is a pipe dream.

If someone makes it I would definetly buy some but.... unlikely.

#9 12 years ago

How would it be a pipe dream? It wouldn't be much different than those bouncy light up balls you find in toy stores. Except they would have the same elasticity as steel and generate their own power from the rolling motion.

#10 12 years ago

Yes, quite true, would look fantastic

#11 12 years ago

Some 35 years ago, I reached out to Wham-o, and found a sympathetic ear, and received rubbers made of super-ball material.

While not a different pinball, it sure made balls fly on an EM.

I wonder if these could be made today........

#12 12 years ago

I was going to try to find some black balls for my BR because I've read that's what they had originally intended on using. Looks more like cannonballs ... Which makes sense in the game.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I was going to try to find some black balls for my BR because I've read that's what they had originally intended on using. Looks more like cannonballs ... Which makes sense in the game.

How about some that say "Arrr!" on them?

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20black%20pearl%20pinballs.html

Could probably also just get straight black though I didn't see them on there.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from btrip:

Rascal_H said:I was going to try to find some black balls for my BR because I've read that's what they had originally intended on using. Looks more like cannonballs ... Which makes sense in the game.

Maybe! They have some ones on there called "black pearl"... Might try those. Thanks!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

btrip said:Rascal_H said:I was going to try to find some black balls for my BR because I've read that's what they had originally intended on using. Looks more like cannonballs ... Which makes sense in the game.

Maybe! They have some ones on there called "black pearl"... Might try those. Thanks!

Oh yeah, there ya go. Just don't get the small one!

#16 12 years ago

I think I was in a band called 'Unconventional Balls' in high school...

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

There was a BR set up like this at MPE.....Black balls + black flipper bats with black rubber. Even with bright overhead lighting it made the ball very difficult to see and follow. It really did make playing it a bit less enjoyable IMO.

Later,
    EV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unconventional-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.