Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0205-1.JPG
    DSC03334.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG

#1 12 years ago

I was helping out at Playland yesterday and just happened upon this cache of eccentric tokens.

http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/uncommon-currency-arcade-tokens/

#2 12 years ago

back in the day i had a bday party @ aladdins castle, did the used to have alot of pins on location there?

#3 12 years ago

Aladdin's started in the early 70s, so almost assuredly, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin's_Castle

#4 12 years ago

Very cool!!Thanks for posting this.Heard you were at Reciprocal on New Years....sorry I missed ya,catch ya next time.Scott

#5 12 years ago

Theres my Aladdins Castle token! Man does that instantly bring back a flood of good memories.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

did the used to have alot of pins on location there?

Aladdins Castle was THE place in my hometown in the late 70's. It was located at the shopping mall and many morning I would meet the attendant as he arrived to open and we would enter together. The sights and sounds of all the machines coming on all at once is one of my fondest memories in life.
    It was wall to wall of Em's and early SS's cohabitating peacefully in their natural environment. Pure Bliss. Until...until...until one day a blasphemous device completley lacking pinballs showed up and instantly cast its evil spell. Damn Space Invaders It was quickly followed by more and more video games until my treasure of pins had dwindled down to a simple row of three or four machines in a dark corner. And so the demise of pinball began. I hate to end this on a sad note so lets just hope that perhaps the light has just been turned on at the end of the tunnel.

#7 12 years ago

I believe every PAPA event has a different set of tokens, and 1 LE token in every roll you buy. My gf managed to keep her 2 tokens, something happened to all of mine...

I use hers if I'm going to coin toss on something very important, such as if I'm going to pull the trigger on buying a machine. Then it's her fault that there's another pin in the house, her coin.

#8 12 years ago

A new movie theater with a small arcade just opened near me and I was surprised to see that they are using tokens. They also have a TF. No other pins though.

2 months later
    #10 11 years ago

I found this when I was cleaning up the sexy, but dirty Genie. ...and yeah, we had an Aladdin's Castle close to us in the late 70's/early 80's - and I remember those tokens like it was yesterday.

DSC03338.JPGDSC03338.JPG DSC03334.JPGDSC03334.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Damn, I just fell for this spam....and posted to an old thread as well.

#12 11 years ago

neat collection
    wish I could find this 'heads I win, tails you lose' token I had from the 80s
    it was from an arcade of a different color

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

neat collection

I think I might have a couple of these.. Um colorfull tokens laying around... Let me look around. If I find one its yours for the low low price of FREE... thanks for being a moderator of Pinside. =)

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

'heads I win, tails you lose' token I had from the 80s

I have a challenge coin from Korea like that but it would change the thread to NSFW. If anybody is interested drop me a pm and I will send a pic.

1 week later
    #15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

HELLODEADCITY said:neat collection
    I think I might have a couple of these.. Um colorfull tokens laying around... Let me look around. If I find one its yours for the low low price of FREE... thanks for being a moderator of Pinside. =)

I found them! Found quite a few of them. Pic BELOW is NSFW I think is how I would rate it!!!! Hellodead send me your addy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uncommon-currency-arcade-tokens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.