Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Our beloved pot-stirring, car-analogy-hating, rock and roll pinbro, @crazylevi, has agreed to sit down and chat with Uncle Pinball sometime soon. I got questions, but I know you boiz prolly have a whole buncha questions too, so let 'em rip.

Meanwhile Part 2 of my chat with Wade Krause drops later tonight!

Thanks for listening, and pinball on!

mark

#2 3 years ago

Everyone has hated carguments for a long time.

#3 3 years ago

Boiz?

Prolly?

Really?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Boiz?
    Prolly?
    Really?

Fair, but "prolly" is worse for me.

#5 3 years ago

Oh come on.
    Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Probably.
    Yes.

How about this one?
    Yer no fun.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Boiz?
    Prolly?
    Really?

No, no! I know this guy!
    He really does talk like this!

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for the warning.
    Try to cover pricing trends in the pinball market,will ya?

#8 3 years ago

Sure. Here ya go.

Why do you seem to revel in peeing on other people’s Cheerios?

The follow up being we realize you have a lot of knowledge about pinball, but sometimes you almost seem to like being a dick about it, and we want to know why.

See what I did there, I called Levi a dick in an unmoderatable way. Shit, I think that means I’m learning how to be like him. Ugh.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Try to cover pricing trends in the pinball market,will ya?

Not my thing... Unless you wanna (sorry: want to) talk prices about EM's or horse-trading a sys9 board for a Mars Trek. Or snaking a Catacomb from an old operator. I will never own a new Stern unless I win one the raffle at Cal Extreme or GSPF. The cost v fun ratio just ain't (is not) high enough for me. Not even close. About the only "modern" Stern I might pay for is a RBION if I found a bargain one.

If you want talk about NIB games, Uncle Pinball is most def (definitely) NOT your man. I'll wait for shows to come back and get my fill of them there.

Pinball on.

Ok Dave, I'll ask it!

#10 3 years ago

I'm not into EM games. But I like your karma and that's why I listen.

#11 3 years ago

I'd ask him if it's really worth it, spending all the energy required for his schtick, just to be a semi-celebrity to a bunch of pinball geeks.

I think I already know the answer, but it might be interesting to hear him tell it.

#12 3 years ago

Absolutely ZERO interest in what an outdated, and no new pin interest Levi has to say. Why?

GL with that Uncle Cracker. lol

A pinball service guy. Should be exciting

#ignore button

#13 3 years ago

I forgot to log in and looked at this thread and saw the post above, which I wouldn't normally see were I logged in.
    Uncle Cracker? That's a compliment Daddio! Thanks Cowboy!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Don’t take it too hard, the man listens to Maroon 5.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

just to be a semi-celebrity

I’d rephrase that from being a “semi-celebrity” to being “semi-notorious”.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’d rephrase that from being a “semi-celebrity” to being “semi-notorious”.

He used to be humorous...kinda like Jim Carey.....

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

He used to be humorous...kinda like Jim Carey.....

I see you properly used the past tense.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

sometimes you almost seem to like being a dick about it, and we want to know why.

you want to know why someone likes being a dick? that's like asking someone why they like the color blue. they just do, it's not something that can be explained. a better question is "why are you a dick to me?".

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

you want to know why someone likes being a dick? that's like asking someone why they like the color blue. they just do, it's not something that can be explained. a better question is "why are you a dick to me?".

Usually has to do with a bigger issue. Most likely, low self esteem or just an overall poor opinion of oneself.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Usually has to do with a bigger issue. Most likely, low self esteem or just an overall poor opinion of oneself.

well, if we get a response on that from CrazyLevi we've got us an interesting show!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

well, if we get a response on that from crazylevi we've got us an interesting show!

I’m sure whatever response it will be will be lackluster and unimpressive to no one but himself. I will qualify all this by saying I don’t know him at all, only his Pinside self and what I see from his posts. Might be a great guy in person.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I didn't mean it otherwise

It sounds better when you combine it with Crazy Leveeee

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m sure whatever response it will be will be lackluster and unimpressive to no one but himself. I will qualify all this by saying I don’t know him at all, only his Pinside self and what I see from his posts. Might be a great guy in person.

he actually is. i'm not saying he doesn't go out of his way to make an impression on the forum. but sometimes you have to separate the art from the artist.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

he actually is. i'm not saying he doesn't go out of his way to make an impression on the forum. but sometimes you have to separate the art from the artist.

I kind of figured. I’m sure he is. Just wish he would be a little more respectful to some of the other Pinsiders, especially people new to the hobby. With that being said, his act gets old and I think most people find it tiresome and not entertaining at all. Most of his posts don’t add any meaningful value to the discussion at all. He’d get a lot more attention if that’s what he wants if he would leverage his expertise rather than just being a jerk.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I kind of figured. I’m sure he is. Just wish he would be a little more respectful to some of the other Pinsiders, especially people new to the hobby. With that being said, his act gets old and I think most people find it tiresome and not entertaining at all. Most of his posts don’t add any meaningful value to the discussion at all. He’d get a lot more attention if that’s what he wants if he would leverage his expertise rather than just being a jerk.

How about I just act the same way I’ve been acting on pinball forums for the past 20 years and ignore condescending suggesting from obnoxious noobs who think anybody gives a shit about their opinions?

Am I learning yet ?

#26 3 years ago

Ask him when the pinball bubble is going to burst.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

...his act gets old and I think most people find it tiresome and not entertaining at all...

Just showed up but you're already bored & speak for most people.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about I just act the same way I’ve been acting on pinball forums for the past 20 years and ignore condescending suggesting from obnoxious noobs who think anybody gives a shit about their opinions?
    Am I learning yet ?

twenty years is a long time to have a stick up your butt

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just showed up but you're already bored & speak for most people.

I was bored with him before the post and am even more bored now. Yawn...

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

obnoxious noobs

Assumptions are a sign of naivety and weakness. Maybe even call them a form of defense mechanism.

#31 3 years ago

crap...more of that same spam, just another way of saying it..button again.

#32 3 years ago

Does he wear Levi’s ?

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Does he wear Levi’s ?

No but his Levee breaks

#34 3 years ago

Ask Crazy Levi;
    1. Who is a better pinball designer, Mark Ritchie or Steve Ritchie?
    2. What is his favorite jpop and jTrudeau machine(if he had to pick one from each designer)
    3. How does he feel about Cliffy protectors and does he own any.
    4. Best rubbers to put on a pinball machine for speed and control.
    5. Favorite topper (if he had to pick one).
    6. Favorite Borg pinball machine?
    Thanks

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Boiz?
    Prolly?
    Really?

Hey Bryan....You can insult my mother, my wife and my kids but never sully the name of Uncle Pinball.

In all seriousness, he's a Mensa compared to the rest of us rubes. Well, at least me.

#36 3 years ago

Ask him for a “man on the street” update of life in New York these days.

Uncle Pinball....the daddy-o of the poddy-o!!!!

#37 3 years ago

My favorite Levi rant-a-thon is when RGP was rapidly declining in activity due to Pinside's growing popularity.

For weeks he went on a one man crusade disparaging Pinside for having moderators, claiming he would never be moderated, never join Pinside, blah blah blah.

Eventually nobody was left to listen to him and he quietly joined Pinside, looking like a total doofus.

He was actually much more arrogant, rude and condescending on RGP.

He is the perfect example of why moderation works. He is a lot better now.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

looking like a total doofus

#39 3 years ago

Crazy, what do you think about pinball machines going online with stats tracking, player profiles, online tournaments, etc? Is this a good idea or would it be the end of the pinball industry as we know it?

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

My favorite Levi rant-a-thon is when RGP was rapidly declining in activity due to Pinside's growing popularity.
    For weeks he went on a one man crusade disparaging Pinside for having moderators, claiming he would never be moderated, never join Pinside, blah blah blah.
    Eventually nobody was left to listen to him and he quietly joined Pinside, looking like a total doofus.
    He was actually much more arrogant, rude and condescending on RGP.
    He is the perfect example of why moderation works. He is a lot better now.

Ah ... the good 'ol days of RGP!

No amount of disparaging Pinside could overcome the toxicity of Frank Furhter in the end.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No amount of disparaging Pinside could overcome the toxicity of Frank Furhter in the end.

I went on RGP recently just for a goof and was surprised to see Frank is still on there!

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I went on RGP recently just for a goof and was surprised to see Frank is still on there!

Some things just never go away unfortunately.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What that guy accomplished is pretty amazing - he single handedly finished what had been a thriving (if aging and obsolete) online newsgroup. The one-two troll punch of him and Gary drove more traffic to Pinside than the top 100. The guys here should pay those two royalties!

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Was anyone able to identify him, or make a deal with him and actually met him?

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What that guy accomplished is pretty amazing - he single handedly finished what had been a thriving (if aging and obsolete) online newsgroup. The one-two troll punch of him and Gary drove more traffic to Pinside than the top 100. The guys here should pay those two royalties!

Unfortunately. Franks non-stop caustic trolling eventually became too much for me - a devoted RGP EM guy at the time - and I switched to Pinside full-time. No regrets looking back though as Pinside has so much more to offer now.

Quoted from Methos:

Was anyone able to identify him, or make a deal with him and actually met him?

Supposedly ID'd at one point, but nothing ever proven or came of it except for Frank disappearing for a bit. Unfortunately, he came back and was worse than ever despite various efforts by others. He was/is a cancer.

NOTE to Uncle Pinball: Please do not seek Frank out as a future episode guest!

#46 3 years ago

Don't forget Tommy as well.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Don't forget Tommy as well.

Tommy is even before my time!

#48 3 years ago

While I try to synch schedules with our brotato Levi, here's some opinionating from Uncle Pinball about the best machine ever: Cyclone.
    Uncle Pinball will brook no argument here. We don't need no stinking multiball.
    Plus: Chick Magnet!

Now available on Amazon Music under Podcasts! Look for the Uncle Pinball Mark of Quality!
    Episode 33!

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/faf3d3e3-06a6-4d8f-baec-c19f29552845/Uncle-Pinballs-Podcast
    https://www.buzzsprout.com/1201796/episodes
    https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/3033210
    https://open.spotify.com/show/6iTFageVl8yuX8G8o4UBFX
    https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/eys5a-d835b/Uncle-Pinball%27s-Podcast
    https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/uncle-pinballs-podcast-1319708
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/uncle-pinballs-podcast/id1522361154

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uncle-pinball-and-crazy-levi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.