Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Looking at the possibility of getting a Magic Castle. Cabinet, back glass and play field appear to be very good. It doesn't boot up properly though.

All the lights work, all the displays work, all the solenoids work but after it boots it seems to get stuck in some kind of test cycle and won't start a game. Plus there was no sound. It's quite dirty and needs a total shop and as always, a few parts. I'm not really that concerned about getting to the bottom of the boot problem because cosmetically I think the game is sound and with a lot of persistence I should be able to get through the electronics.

My questions are:
1.What is the value of a game in this state?
2. The people of Pinside have answered a lot of my questions and I am grateful. But I'm wondering if there are some Zaccaria people out there that can help me through a technical jamb if needed.
3. Are parts available? Is there someone that does board work on Zaccarias?

Thanks, Mike

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies. The guy I'm talking to also has a Paragon in about the same condition. Any thought on which one I should pursue?

#10 11 years ago

I emailed David to get a little input from him. Don't want to get stuck with a white elephant because I can't get parts or can't get any support from the forums.

So far I'm feeling a little more comfortable about moving forward even though I haven't heard back from David yet. And $412 on Boston Pinball sounds way to low for such a cool game.

Still need to check out Paragon though.

#14 11 years ago

Gweempose, do you want to take a stab at roughly what this described Magic Castle should sell for?

Idaho/Utah area

#17 11 years ago

Thanks guys, that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uncharted-territoty-zaccarria-magic-castle?tu=mstire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.