Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
dsc01619_(resized).jpg
dsc01622_(resized).jpg
dsc01636_(resized).jpg
dsc01626_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Post Blog :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/unboxing-video-game-play-and-pics-of-spider-man-ve/

Video :

www.PinballSupernova.com

dsc01626_(resized).jpgdsc01626_(resized).jpg

dsc01636_(resized).jpgdsc01636_(resized).jpg

dsc01622_(resized).jpgdsc01622_(resized).jpg

dsc01619_(resized).jpgdsc01619_(resized).jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

This VE looks awesome. Love the new toys and the dots. Stern needs to give that man a raise on his excellent dot work!
Thanks again for making your vids. One of my favorite pinball channels on YouTube.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Thanks so much for the kind words. I have a couple new mod install vids coming soon. I just started an Instagram account also. Soon I will be posting more stuff there as well.

https://www.instagram.com/pinballsupernova/

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Between last night and tonight, I probably have put about 50 games on the machine. I'd like to share some of my thoughts.
I've played the original many times. Always loved the layout, but never cared for the specific version of Spider-Man as a theme. Note, I say this as a huge Spider-Man fan. When I was 5 back in 1983, one wall in my bedroom was Spider-Man wallpaper. So growing up in that generation, I've always been drawn more to Spider-Man as a comic/cartoon than live action movie.
Fast forward to late 2015, when word was that Spider-Man was getting the Vault Edition with a re-theme, it mildly sparked my interest. That day in January, when they had the countdown clock, I was interested to see what Stern was releasing next, which I honestly thought was going to be Ghostbusters. That night I'm at the NJ Devils game and I checked my phone during the 1st intermission. When I saw the pictures, I really liked what I saw. So I immediately called up JJ to place my order for the game (great distributor btw).
Fast forward to Thursday night, the night for the grand unboxing (I can never just unbox a game, it must always be a grand unboxing). As we get the game out of the cardboard box and can see the cabinet for the first time, I was completely blown away by the art. It was 10 times better than I could possibly imagine. Then once we got the game into place and got a firsthand look of the playfield, I was blown away even more with the art. IMO, this is what the art on the game should've been back when the game was first released. Pictures don't do the art package justice.
From a playability/reliability aspect, I don't think the original can compare in several areas. First area, is the bulletproofing Stern engineered into the game. No foam is needed for the Doc Ock shot. The new magnet design protects the playfield. Second, is the DMD animations. Downright scary how great the animations came out. Third, with the art design, IMO, it makes the game timeless.
I look at my Star Trek LE as the #1 game in my collection. Spider-Man VE is the #1A in my collection. I could not be any happier with my purchase. I can definitely say, that my friends and I were very impressed with how this machine turned out.
Lastly, if someone asked me to give them my review of this game (VE) in under 3 words, my response can only be: F-cking Awesome!

I agree, the artwork and game play are pretty great. I enjoy this game designed by Ritchie. Great flow. The artwork on the VE and new dot package just make it that much better.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Great video, thanks for posting. There is a lot of work that went into the dots. Think it will look great in color.

Thanks Tonyoz and Stretch for the kind words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-of-spider-man-ve-pics-game-play-and-video?tu=wiggy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.