New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 136290)

Unboxing NIB Tron LE - 2015

By fujur

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fliperz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

index.jpg
image_1.jpg
IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4043.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg
IMG_4039.jpg
IMG_4032.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Here's pic of my unboxing a New-In-Box Tron LE. One of the last ones in existence, I'm sure. Purchased form another Pinsider.

The Arrival
IMG_4032.jpg

Opening one side
IMG_4038.jpg

Front Legs
IMG_4039.jpg

Onto the pinball mover
IMG_4040.jpg

Manufacture Sticker
IMG_4043.jpg

First Boot
IMG_4049.jpg

First Player: My son!
IMG_4051.jpg

-Fujur.

IMG_4046.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Love the TRON premium!

#3 5 years ago

Awesome!

#4 5 years ago

Outstanding. I love this stuff.

#5 5 years ago

Good for you! I wonder which Pinsider has the best collection of "pins still in boxes!".

#7 5 years ago

Very cool!! Enjoy! Looks like a beauty!

#8 5 years ago

We might never see that again!

#9 5 years ago

Righteous!

#10 5 years ago

There is something about Austin that draws Tron LEs in, not sure what it is. ...

#11 5 years ago

#13 5 years ago

Thanks guys. It's really amazing folks store pins for so long. This collector also has one he plays normally. It was a bit of a blessing for me since I could not have bought this pin in 2011 and I just love the theme. I promised I'd share the unboxing!

#14 5 years ago

Time to move Tron LE from your wishlist to your collection!

#15 5 years ago

You use leg protectors on the cabinet? just curious..

#16 5 years ago

Nice collection! Let me know if you need some help playing them.

#17 5 years ago

awesome, congrats.

#18 5 years ago

Wow, so the "Holy Grail" still exists.
A Tron LE, NIB out in the wild.
Congrats on the find.
Looks absolutely beautiful
So cool you gave the 1st game to your son.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

There is something about Austin that draws Tron LEs in, not sure what it is. ...

Rich hipsters.

Yeah, I said it.

Now, you get to add another couple grand doing the appropriate mods to it too. The only downside is that you'll never be able to enjoy a LED OCD on here which is....a...

index.jpg

#20 5 years ago

That's fantastic! I love it!

#21 5 years ago

Put a chrome door on it and send me the plate for a headphone kit u won't be sorry

#22 5 years ago

And that clear coat has had 4 years to cure. Enjoy!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd throw a set of the stern metal leg protectors on that baby straight away!
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

nice get. enjoy a truly fantastic machine

#24 5 years ago

Fujur was an absolute pleasure to deal with. A class act. Deal with complete confidence. Enjoy that Tron LE! Epic unboxing.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Time to move TRON LE from your wishlist to your collection!

Good catch! Yes indeed time to move from wish to reality!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Yes, I installed metal protectors like the latter Sterns have from the factory, and then felt protectors on top.

#27 5 years ago

you would be surprised how many of these are still in the box. As you would be surprised how many BBB's are still in the box.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Wow, so the "Holy Grail" still exists.
A TRON LE, NIB out in the wild.
Congrats on the find.
Looks absolutely beautiful
So cool you gave the 1st game to your son.

I had to, the little guy was pushing his way with a stool in between me and the machine while I was trying to get it into place, he wouldn't let me near it - he definitely wanted first play!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The only downside is that you'll never be able to enjoy a LED OCD on here which is....a...

I know... Its the only downside to the LE - I can't replace the insert LEDs. I dont think there's a solution to this one. Buy a regular Tron and swap out half the under-playfield?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Put a chrome door on it and send me the plate for a headphone kit u won't be sorry

Chrome door is already on backorder and headed to pinnovators when it comes in stock!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Fujur was an absolute pleasure to deal with. A class act. Deal with complete confidence. Enjoy that TRON LE! Epic unboxing.

Thanks SaveALeaningTower! Likewise!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you would be surprised how many of these are still in the box. As you would be surprised how many BBB's are still in the box.

I do wonder. I know some people are true collectors and will collect things in the box forever pretty much. Then again... "If a pinball is never unboxed, was it ever there?"

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Fujur was an absolute pleasure to deal with. A class act. Deal with complete confidence. Enjoy that TRON LE! Epic unboxing.

No more monthly "For Sale" posts from you then?

#34 5 years ago

Anyone know the current best price on a 3rd run tron pro NIB?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone know the current best price on a 3rd run tron pro NIB?

Automated just posted one on their website recently for $7,995……I'm sure they have a little inside info...

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

Yes, I installed metal protectors like the latter Sterns have from the factory, and then felt protectors on top.

good call. that's exactly what I'm doing with my current restoration that's getting a new cabinet.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

No more monthly "For Sale" posts from you then?

But wait, I thought that the for sale conditions was that it wouldn't be sold to someone outside of NJ.

OP - Congrats on the new Tron. You and your family will love it. Happy to see it local too!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You would be surprised how many of TRON LEs are still in the box.
As you would be surprised how many BBBs are still in the box.

The only reason for someone to keep BBB NIB would be to wait for the value to appreciate (and then sell). Those people should have sold when prices were at $18K and higher. I think the possibility (however remote) of a PPS remake is holding prices down on BBB now.

#39 5 years ago

UPDATE THE CODE!!!!!!!!!

Blow up that 1.1 with 1.74!!
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-tron-pr

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

UPDATE THE CODE!!!!!!!!!

Bum bum bum... Tron!

#41 5 years ago

congrats man! one of THE best le's out there

so when do the mods start happening??

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Bum bum bum... Tron!

That's still in the audio test!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

UPDATE THE CODE!!!!!!!!!

*AFTER* you archive the code for us..

Quoted from fujur:

I know... Its the only downside to the LE - I can't replace the insert LEDs. I dont think there's a solution to this one. Buy a regular Tron and swap out half the under-playfield?

There's no solution. Just accept that you won't have fading LEDs. All the games that have factory LEDs from Tron LE through Walking Dead are just screwed in that regard, which sucks. The ones in there are replaceable with some SMT soldering experience but is it worth the trouble? Not really. Playfield swap isn't that simple...the LE doesn't have the same wiring as the pro lamps do AFAIK. Someone else would have to answer that, but yes...a lot of work to install all the plastic sockets and IDC connectors just for that. Totally not worth it!

#44 5 years ago

Is fade used anytime outside attract mode?

#45 5 years ago

Tron LE was July 2011? ....has it been that long already? Seems like it only came out a year or two ago.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

TRON LE was July 2011? ....has it been that long already? Seems like it only came out a year or two ago.

Time is freaking flying...

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

TRON LE was July 2011? ....has it been that long already? Seems like it only came out a year or two ago.

Yep...that's correct. I've been in the hobby since I bought my first game Space Shuttle on 06/17/11 for my birthday...Tron launch party was the next month, which REALLY dug in the hooks.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I think they released it a month before JJP announced the Hobbit.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I just checked my game audits spreadsheet ..... sure enough, July 2011. Only 1701 games played through Aug 1st.....I need to get more time on it

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*AFTER* you archive the code for us..

Sure thing, I'll dump it before the upgrade. I haven't had much time since setting it up and installing the ramp protectors.

Quoted from Frax:

There's no solution. Just accept that you won't have fading LEDs. All the games that have factory LEDs from TRON LE through Walking Dead are just screwed in that regard, which sucks. The ones in there are replaceable with some SMT soldering experience but is it worth the trouble? Not really. Playfield swap isn't that simple...the LE doesn't have the same wiring as the pro lamps do AFAIK. Someone else would have to answer that, but yes...a lot of work to install all the plastic sockets and IDC connectors just for that. Totally not worth it!

I agree its not something I'd undertake - Its way too much. Kinda sucks since it looks like its the way future Stern pinballs are going to be built form now on (using SMT LEDs). If they really want to cater to this side of the pinball buyer's equation they need to go back to sockets - Unless they plan to do something amazing like they did on Star Trek LE - even then sockets would be good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside