image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-03-05_10.56.50_(resized).jpg
carvey_scarey_(resized).jpg
6_(resized).png
4_(resized).png
3_(resized).png
2_(resized).png
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Check out threads below for DIY preventive measure fixes. Look at the top of your battering ram to make sure the left side is not scraping against screw retaining plastic.

I've been following your great thread. Thanks for the info. I forgot to check my battering ram, will do for you.

#101 8 years ago

Love the translite on this game...the necromancer King-dude raising his arms is such a great image from the show.

#102 8 years ago

My battering ram is fairly far from that screw. There's no chance of it rubbing. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My battering ram is fairly far from that screw. There's no chance of it rubbing. image_(resized).jpeg

good to know they fixed that issue

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Love the translite on this game...the necromancer King-dude raising his arms is such a great image from the show.

I'd rather look at Daenerys, but hey...what do I know?

#105 8 years ago

Get the blades for the Premium from Stern. They will compliment this gorgeous machine nicely.

https://www.costore.com/productimages/5486874E.jpg

#106 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#107 8 years ago

Pro and LE versions also available

#108 8 years ago

I put Mylar down the steel ramp behind the two drop off lanes. I also noticed that there is already Mylar on the Playfield where the ball drops from the ramp, and infront of the kickback. I didn't look between the pops but I'd imagine they put Mylar there too, I'll check it out next time I have my head in there.

Have you check this? My reseller ask me if i want a playfield protector. I think it should be useful in the bumpers, where the ball falls down from the throne. Do you know if there is already one?

Thanks for your post. It's great!

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd rather look at Daenerys, but hey...what do I know?

Me too, just maybe wearing something sexier than a full body cape or whatever the hell that is.

#110 8 years ago

Got is here and it kicks Butt

#111 8 years ago

I double checked. There's Mylar between the pops, and also in the inlanes where the wire forms drop the ball. It looks like they've covered all the major areas.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Got is here and it kicks Butt

Nice. Good to see there getting delivered.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

image_(resized).jpeg

I'd love to see how these Stern blades (or the LE/Pro ones) look installed. Has anyone installed them yet?

#114 8 years ago

I double checked. There's Mylar between the pops, and also in the inlanes where the wire forms drop the ball. It looks like they've covered all the major areas.

Thank you! That's a good news!! Enjoy. I can't wait for mine ; )

#116 8 years ago

My Premium shipment is delayed 'til next week. Gives me time to move out that piece of furniture to give me room...

#117 8 years ago

Less then 10 days in and over 375 plays. other than three small issues my game has worked flawlessly. The loose screw on the diverter arm was an easy fix, and the known left orbit issue will be fixed shortly.

The right orbit air balls seems to be fixed. The rail needed to be bent perpendicular to the Playfield, it tapered out a tiny bit giving lift to the ball. I bent it back inline just after the spot where the ball trail marks disappear. These pics also show the great clear coat on the Playfield. I really think they did a good job with this Playfield.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

The left orbit also needed to have a couple washers added to these screws under the upper Playfield. The ball was just lightly coming into contact with the bottom of the screw as it rolled past. I want to comment on the quality of this plastic beneath the upper playfield. I think that it's cool to have ghost's image there. It's a totally hidden plastic, it could have been blank or made a solid colour but instead someone took the time to create graphics under there. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's cool. I wonder what the LE plastic has under the mini Playfield?

While I had the Playfield up I switched out the sticker on the plate beside the sword, it's now blue and looking great.

#118 8 years ago

Let see some other people's machines. What have you guys done for mods?

#119 8 years ago

Let see some other people's machines. What have you guys done for mods?

There's a stern sticker in the goodie bag. I put it on the ram target so any B/W fan boys that come over won't feel guilty enjoying GOT as they can literally bash stern while they play

PS
I put a piece of drop dead ball foam on the target first, then the sticker so it's a millimeter closer to the ram to help with those non hits that happen a lot from the left flipper.

#120 8 years ago

My Premium is sitting in CT - picking up tomorrow

#121 8 years ago

Added a new translight. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#122 8 years ago

Winter is here!

Sadly, the actual unboxing happened in the parking lot of Automated Services in CT. The box would not fit into my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic trim piece around the lip of the lift gate opening provided about 1" of interference. I was a bit shocked - totally unexpected.

Drove the naked GoT home, lowered to ground level with my HF lift table, carted to the bulkhead with my hand cart and then slid it down into my basement - solo! Easy peasy. Just pushed the sliding triple hitch knot forward, lowering a few inches at a time - and done! Could not have been easier. The fresh snowfall and resulting mud were the only complications.

Now to dig-in and learn the rules/strategies. Jan 20 build, v1.21 installed, no left orbits - yet (thx capgun ). Scott's alternate translight came yesterday - that'll be going in soon.

1_(resized).png1_(resized).png
2_(resized).png2_(resized).png
6_(resized).png6_(resized).png
3_(resized).png3_(resized).png
4_(resized).png4_(resized).png

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

inter is here!
Sadly, the actual unboxing happened in the parking lot of Automated Services. The box would not fit into my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic trim piece around the lip of the lift gate opening provided about 1" of interference. I was a bit shocked - totally unexpected.
Drove the naked GoT home, lowered to ground level with my HF lift table, carted to the bulkhead with my hand cart and then slid it down into my basement - solo! Easy peasy. Just pushed the sliding triple hitch knot, lowering a few inches at a time - and done! Could not have been easier. The fresh snowfall and resulting mud were the only complications.
Now to dig-in and learn the rules/strategies. Jan 24 build, v1.21, no left orbits - yet (thx capgun ). Scott's alternate translight came yesterday - that'll be going in soon.

1_(resized).png2_(resized).png3_(resized).png4_(resized).png

WOW! Looks like winter came, LOL! You should of done a photo shoot of it set up outside with all the snow. You can always just shovel some snow down in the basement.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Winter is here!
Sadly, the actual unboxing happened in the parking lot of Automated Services in CT. The box would not fit into my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic trim piece around the lip of the lift gate opening provided about 1" of interference. I was a bit shocked - totally unexpected.
Drove the naked GoT home, lowered to ground level with my HF lift table, carted to the bulkhead with my hand cart and then slid it down into my basement - solo! Easy peasy. Just pushed the sliding triple hitch knot forward, lowering a few inches at a time - and done! Could not have been easier. The fresh snowfall and resulting mud were the only complications.
Now to dig-in and learn the rules/strategies. Jan 20 build, v1.21 installed, no left orbits - yet (thx capgun ). Scott's alternate translight came yesterday - that'll be going in soon.
1_(resized).png
2_(resized).png
6_(resized).png
3_(resized).png
4_(resized).png

Congratulations it looks great!

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Winter is here!
1_(resized).png
2_(resized).png
6_(resized).png
3_(resized).png
4_(resized).png

I must admit, I winced looking at these pics...having a brandy-new pin out in the elements like that. But the picture of it hanging down the stairs strapped to a tree? I actually got queasy...

Enjoy the game!

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Winter is here!
1_(resized).png
2_(resized).png
6_(resized).png
3_(resized).png
4_(resized).png

SCAREY!

carvey_scarey_(resized).jpgcarvey_scarey_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#129 8 years ago

Hi guys,
I've just have receive mine! I'm really happy to play this awesome game.

I was wondering if you had the same backglass to me? Mine seems very cheap. It's not like usual translit. Just a picture behind the glass...

Is it normal???

2016-03-05_10.56.50_(resized).jpg2016-03-05_10.56.50_(resized).jpg

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Guitoone:

Hi guys,
I've just have receive mine! I'm really happy to play this awesome game.
I was wondering if you had the same backglass to me? Mine seems very cheap. It's not like usual translit. Just a picture behind the glass...
Is it normal???

2016-03-05_10.56.50_(resized).jpg

Yep, normal. Same as mine.

Hope you play 300+ games this weekend. Enjoy!

#131 8 years ago

Thank You. I felt rather worried. But if it's normal... We dont see any difference in game after all.
I really enjoy this game. A bit difficult, but that's the way i like it!
I really appreciate how this machine is quite. We can leave it on without any sound. I wish it would be the same with my TSPP!!

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

DEFINITELY swap out the left and right red lane guides for the blue ones from the Avengers. With the blue theme of the lower playfield, swapping those out makes a HUGE difference visually. I have no idea why Stern isn't using the blue ones to begin with. Once you see it, it's obvious that's the ones that should be there. Pinball life has them for $5.95 each (just select blue from the dropdown menu). Part number is 550-5037-05 :

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3202

#133 8 years ago

I forgot to put these pictures up, but I added the blue inlane dividers. I've also added a blue start button, blue coin door inserts and light up flipper buttons....in blue.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#134 8 years ago

Nice! Thanks for reminding me to order some blue lane guides!

8 months later
#135 7 years ago

Some days just feel like Christmas. Hopefully I'll get these installed soon.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#136 7 years ago

Armour and art blades installed. I had a friend help me lift out the Playfield and had them installed in under an hour. I also installed new pop bumper cap from beatmaster.

Another change that happened to the game recently was that I removed the blue plastic protectors and put on a set of clear ones. The old blue set was just the slings and inlanes. The new protector set also protects the plastics above the drop targets and above the lock targets.

I also improved the quality of swords that are behind the gold targets to nice metal ones. They're replicas of LOTR swords, but look nice none the less. Hopefully I'll find GoT swords to replace these sometime. IMG_2618 (resized).JPGIMG_2618 (resized).JPGIMG_2620 (resized).JPGIMG_2620 (resized).JPGIMG_2621 (resized).JPGIMG_2621 (resized).JPGIMG_2622 (resized).JPGIMG_2622 (resized).JPG

#137 7 years ago

IMG_2626.JPGIMG_2626.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-game-of-thrones-premium/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.