Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Luckydogg420
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 82 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2622 (resized).JPG
IMG_2621 (resized).JPG
IMG_2620 (resized).JPG
IMG_2618 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-03-05_10.56.50_(resized).jpg
carvey_scarey_(resized).jpg
6_(resized).png
4_(resized).png
3_(resized).png
2_(resized).png

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Nice. Still waiting for mine.

#52 4 years ago

Love the looks of the premium

#53 4 years ago

Blackwater multiball.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

» YouTube video
A quick video. Sorry my buddy's not the best player.

Is he a decent camera man?

#56 4 years ago

The blue on the playfield looks 1000 x better than the other models.

#57 4 years ago

Yea that blue pf looks pretty sweet in the video.

#58 4 years ago

» YouTube video
A quick video. Sorry my buddy's not the best player.

Blackwater multiball.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting the videos.

tv.jpg

#59 4 years ago

I was asked for a pic of the throne. Hope these work
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Is your Throne broken at the front? If you were sitting it would be the area under your knees. It only looks slight though. You may notice that piece of rectangle metal plate seems to sitting much higher in order to hold the ball in place given issues with the plastic coming away or perhaps not even coming out of the mould. Had 2 thrones both broken but second had higher plate than first which rarely held a ball. See image for comparison.
Does anyone have a pic of similar break?
ps the image on the right was the first one notice the plate difference.
Anyway you'll be loving it by now. Good luck.

#357_broken_throne__(resized).jpg

#307_broken_throne_(resized).jpg

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

» YouTube video
tv.jpg

Pinball playfields are portrait. It's fine to shoot video this way in this case.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

» YouTube video
tv.jpg

Please let all the folks at PAPA know about this as well. I'm sure they'll turn their overhead shots of pinball gameplay to be horizontal as well.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha Ha. That's a serious understatement!

Perhaps he isn't a pinhead and is just a buddy flipping. I didn't think it was that bad. I have seen much worse gameplay posted here.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pinball playfields are portrait. It's fine to shoot video this way in this case.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Please let all the folks at PAPA know about this as well. I'm sure they'll turn their overhead shots of pinball gameplay to be horizontal as well.

I guess it is the best way to shoot tables. It just stinks loosing 2/3 of my video screen to darkness hence the reason why PAPA filled in the darkness with DMD/ playfield/ wide angle camera footage.

I'll give amateur pinball videos a pass but everything else, the video still applies.

#64 4 years ago

in reference to the pictures with your kid, I got a laugh when I saw them. You have to dress up appropriately to play the machine. Was that Sansa or Arya Stark playing?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

in reference to the pictures with your kid, I got a laugh when I saw them. You have to dress up appropriately to play the machine. Was that Sansa or Arya Stark playing?

She likes to be called Queen Alicia, and that was the first game played on the machine.

#66 4 years ago

Here's two pics of the sides, and one of the stuff from the goodie bag. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#67 4 years ago

Nice, The wooly mammoth art looks awesome. How about pics of the head side art and a close up of the backglass? Thanks!

#68 4 years ago

Dogg,

Great shots! Thanks for posting them.

I had some concerns about the overall BLUE theme on the Premium. But seems to work very nicely, at least from your photos and the stock images below.

I am a big fan of the show and overall medieval theme. My wife is a bit creeped out by the white walker dude on the glass. I did mention Scott's fan art option as an alternate: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-fan-art-wip - got my order in, thanks, Scott!

Clearing space to make room for this one. GoT order is on the way!

GoT_(resized).png

#69 4 years ago

I've ordered Scott's translight, hopefully it's here soon so that I don't have to look at that guy for to long

#70 4 years ago

Blackwater multiball.
» YouTube video

That modes looks cool, thanks for sharing. The mode currently feels kinda empty in the audio department. Does anyone think Stern will add audio from other characters to modes? For example during the Blackwater battle there's a lot of dialogue between the shows various characters. It would be cool if other character audio could play when making some of the shots.

#71 4 years ago

I've ordered Scott's translight, hopefully it's here soon so that I don't have to look at that guy for to long

No issue with Queen Alicia and the scary translight?

#72 4 years ago

Booting the game up

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

No issue with Queen Alicia and the scary translight?

No issue at all. She asked who's that? I said he's the ice king, he's the bad guy. And that was the end of it.

#74 4 years ago

Wow! I can't imagine what it's like bringing a machine like that home and unboxing, setting up and playing for the first time! It would probably feel like a hundred Christmas mornings!

Enjoy!

, Bill

#75 4 years ago

Is the on off switch really on the head in Stern games? Looks like that from the video. Seems like a PIA with games next to each other. Difficult for young ones to reach.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

Is the on off switch really on the head in Stern games? Looks like that from the video. Seems like a PIA with games next to each other. Difficult for young ones to reach.

Yep. Under the right side of the head.

#77 4 years ago

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing the experience.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

The fact that it's hard for little ones to reach I find to be an incredible advantage! 99 out of 100 times I don't want them turning the games on and off. I'm only 5'10" tall and I have no problem leaning over the front and turning it on. If you were shorter, it could be a bigger issue!

#79 4 years ago

Here's another shot of the throne. I don't think that this looks broken at all. Nice square lines.
image_(resized).jpeg

I put a sticker on the plate by the sword lock. I think it looks great. There's also a blue version but I like this.
image_(resized).jpeg

Next was blue plastic protectors. I ordered these weeks ago, before the game was built and they didn't line up perfectly. The plastics must be different then the pro. Ah well, I just added slots for the wires, no biggie.
image_(resized).jpeg

It's a shame that the lane dividers are red and not blue. Looks like an opportunity for someone to make a mod.
image_(resized).jpeg

Here are the protectors on the left side notice the blue glow
image_(resized).jpeg

And now on both sides.
image_(resized).jpeg

#80 4 years ago

Wow. The premium should have been the LE. Though I'm loving my LE.

#81 4 years ago

Besides the art is there any other major difference between the premium and the LE?

The premium really is super nice. I'm really enjoying this thread.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Besides the art is there any other major difference between the premium and the LE?
The premium really is super nice. I'm really enjoying this thread.

Powder coated custom armor, Steve Ritchie signed playfield, Gary Stern signed certificate on the LE, but that's about the extent of it!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Powder coated custom armor, Steve Ritchie signed playfield, Gary Stern signed certificate on the LE, but that's about the extent of it!

Different play field.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Different play field.

Correct, playfield features are all the same, but the lower playfield is a different color and the upper playfield is the same color on both models

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Correct, playfield features are all the same, but the lower playfield is a different color and the upper playfield is the same color on both models

That would fall under art in my book. Premium defiantly gets my vote.

#86 4 years ago

Here's some widescreen multiball for the PC users.

#87 4 years ago

Here are the protectors on the left side notice the blue glow
image_(resized).jpeg
And now on both sides.
image_(resized).jpeg

Blue protectors look amazing.....fits the Premium, winter is coming, white walkers thing going on perfectly

Awesome

#88 4 years ago

Here's two pics of the sides, and one of the stuff from the goodie bag. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Key chains of every single family in the goodie bag ?

Wow, that a nice thought

#89 4 years ago

Ya. That's a lot of key chains. Extra sling and inlane plastics are nice too

#90 4 years ago

Congrats. This pin is a keeper. I like how stern have made this different focussing on the wall/winter part of the show. Overall i think the game versions are on par just depends what u like. I still think the le pf represents the series better but its all about choice and this is a great alternative.

#91 4 years ago

Late last night my buddy got to hand of the King, and almost broke 1B in points. I tried to get a good vid, but it was over pretty fast. I don't know if anyone would like to see it, I also have some poor (low volume) video of midnight multiball. The hodor multiball is kinda cool and fun, reminds me of TSPP having homer say doh for each shot. This game kicks ass.

We've put in over 150 games, almost 500 balls played.

Right orbit shots happen once in a blue moon, left orbit shots are non existent. I might rip off the upper Playfield today and try to fix it.

The VUK took two tries to get to the throne on one occasion, every other time it has worked flawlessly.

#92 4 years ago

left orbit shots are non existent. I might rip off the upper Playfield today and try to fix it.

So are saying that when you shoot the left orbit, it never exits out the right orbit entrance and always stops at the top lanes and exits out the pops?

This is a problem with the LEs and we still haven't gotten a fix from stern yet. I am surprised they are shipping like this.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

So are saying that when you shoot the left orbit, it never exits out the right orbit entrance and always stops at the top lanes and exits out the pops?

Exactally. I know that it's not supposed to do it all the time, but even fighting Martel house where you need 3 orbit shots to win it never makes it around from the left to right orbit.

Rule questions.
1) how do you increase the spinner level?
2) what's collecting swords for?
3) what's collecting castles all about?

#94 4 years ago

Exactally. I know that it's not supposed to do it all the time, but even fighting Martel house where you need 3 orbit shots to win it never makes it around from the left to right orbit.
Rule questions.
1) how do you increase the spinner level?
2) what's collecting swords for?

2). Swords unlock the next playfield multiplier. They are lit my completing a house mode.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2). Swords unlock the next playfield multiplier. They are lit my completing a house mode.

I think it also unlocks the next level of combo multipliers. I 'believe', and im going on a hunch here as i dont do much glass off investigating, but i think at the start of the game the max pf multiplier you can build to is 3x and the max combo multiplier you can work towards is 3x too. Unlocking a sword increases each by 1. This is all a hunch though and needs some further investigation.

#96 4 years ago

Rule questions.

I read somewhere in a thread that collecting 4 castles starts Castle MB, which is only on the LE's and Premiums.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I read somewhere in a thread that collecting 4 castles starts Castle MB, which is only on the LE's and Premiums.

I thought castle multiball was from completing the castle 4 times. (That's the 3 stand ups and then one drop off lane). This advances the Arrows, Charge, Breach, Castle Multiball inserts on the upper Playfield. Every time the castle is completed the drop target in front of the right ramp raises limiting access back to the castle.

But in the top left of the upper Playfield there is an insert with a castle pic on it. My friend collected a castle while playing. I think it was during hand of the King, but I'm unsure.

#98 4 years ago

yeah hand of the king is a blast

but I've only gotten it on a pro

#99 4 years ago

Late last night my buddy got to hand of the King, and almost broke 1B in points. I tried to get a good vid, but it was over pretty fast. I don't know if anyone would like to see it, I also have some poor (low volume) video of midnight multiball. The hodor multiball is kinda cool and fun, reminds me of TSPP having homer say doh for each shot. This game kicks ass.
We've put in over 150 games, almost 500 balls played.
Right orbit shots happen once in a blue moon, left orbit shots are non existent. I might rip off the upper Playfield today and try to fix it.
The VUK took two tries to get to the throne on one occasion, every other time it has worked flawlessly.

I have fabricated a left orbit shield bracket fix for this issue. Check out threads below for DIY preventive measure fixes. Look at the top of your battering ram to make sure the left side is not scraping against screw retaining plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister/page/5

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix

#100 4 years ago

I had my first repair today. The last couple games last night played a little odd. The diverter didn't seem to send the ball to the VUK properly. So when I started my first game today I took a look at it and noticed that it was loose. So I pulled the Playfield forward and had a look see. Sure enough the diverter was flopping around.
image_(resized).jpeg

So I removed the balls and flipped the Playfield up. Turns out that the Phillips screw on the diverter shaft was loose. Easy fix.
image_(resized).jpeg

When I tightened the screw I made sure to hold the diverter tight to the rail. Now the right orbit shots flow like butter, but the left ones are non-existent. I can see what's up, looks like a fatter diverter may be needed, so that the ball doesn't hit the V groove on the rail. I tried to loosen the diverter unit and move it closer to the front of the cabinet but it didn't seem to budge.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

While I was at it I took off the upper Playfield, this is an easy job. Remove the dragon from the back. 4 screws for the mini playfield and 2 for the ramp. Unplug it from below and it pulls out. It's in there tightly so you have to be careful when taking it off.

I put Mylar down the steel ramp behind the two drop off lanes. I also noticed that there is already Mylar on the Playfield where the ball drops from the ramp, and infront of the kickback. I didn't look between the pops but I'd imagine they put Mylar there too, I'll check it out next time I have my head in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Franklin Park, PA
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside