4DCC4C88-4857-47DA-9FF4-510796FDABAA.gif
ED468566-C5A0-407D-A0CC-5A64D9E817A6.gif
17374F8A-C3B0-4489-A231-D7332BD62404 (resized).jpeg
68B85B40-BC38-4573-81B4-CE9AB2396254.gif
B3109DD9-235E-48BF-890B-BB67B5A3C3CB.png
A0144078-DE67-4317-B09A-B94E6634179F (resized).png
1D5D3E6F-FEDC-4620-B44D-47C59D904D40 (resized).jpeg
happen (resized).jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I'm a bit puzzled. This tournament you mentioned was in 2018. You entered your "full rage mode" one day ago. What's been going on between these two events ?

I broke up with my girlfriend in May, and the crisis and sadness lead to rage. That story helped me get over it.

#52 3 years ago

This is bad writing. Stop.

#53 3 years ago

#54 3 years ago

This is the only thing in this thread that makes sense. ^^^

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is bad writing. Stop.

gambit3113,

When I wrote the original story, I was very upset and angry at the same time, and those feelings must have blurred my mind. I was desperate to get the problem off my chest, but I should have paid attention to where I was posting the rant/story. Please note that this is a greatly exaggerated article of self-loathing that I wrote after a breakup.

See post #47 for more details.

-OriginPB

#56 3 years ago

We're looking into it.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

When I wrote the original story, I was very upset and angry at the same time, and those feelings must have blurred my mind. I was desperate to get the problem off my chest, but I should have paid attention to where I was posting the rant/story.

It's understandable. Bad things happen to everyone and we all need an emotional outlet sometimes.

That said, we can also take this as a good lesson to take a deep breath, stop, and consider where is the best place to let that out. If you do your best venting with writing fiction, good on you - take it and make something great of it! Just try to make sure it's shared without ambiguity (in a place or in a way that people understand it's not real), or you risk hard feelings.

#58 3 years ago

Huh, I think the OP may be on to something here. Next time I have a life altering negative event come my way, I'm gonna invent some crazy pinball story and post it on Pinside to make myself feel better. I think this could work!

#59 3 years ago

Can we please move this thread to the Penthouse forum section?

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I broke up with my girlfriend in May, and the crisis and sadness lead to rage. That story helped me get over it.

Why don’t you take the girlfriends bestie to pound town like normal person?

#61 3 years ago

Does this mean no one would want to hear about the time I stripped naked and ran around on top of the backboxes at a show?

And how I actually got banned for that?

And how when I say actually, I mean none of it ever happened?

#62 3 years ago

The sheeple are easy to manipulate,they believe anything

#63 3 years ago
68B85B40-BC38-4573-81B4-CE9AB2396254.gif68B85B40-BC38-4573-81B4-CE9AB2396254.gif
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

The sheeple are easy to manipulate,they believe anything

Oh ya, I was just talking about CNN in the other thread

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

First of all, I call BS on this... Unbelievable is a good description, because that is what it is.
2nd thing is that there is never a good reason to damage a machine that does not belong to you. Ever...
You can request a refund later if you think you need it...

Is there ever a good reason to damage a machine the does belong to you?

#66 3 years ago

At least I got to see some nice Whirlwind ads.

#67 3 years ago

This thread encompasses all the ills of the modern society. Unfortunately, I do not have the time or admittedly the wherewithal, to point out all the disturbing aspects of all previous posts!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Is there ever a good reason to damage a machine the does belong to you?

Good point... I personally have never damaged a machine. However, if you damage your own machine, at least you are the one that will have to pay for the damage yourself or work to fix it. I have pushed my own machine pretty hard when I got frustrated, but I have never operated the slam tilt. Hitting the glass or otherwise breaking it some other way would just be stupid, because you would have to clean up the fragments before you installed a new piece of glass. What a waste of time and money if that ever happened. Not to mention the time that you could not play the machine until it is cleaned up and repaired. Just a bad idea in general on attempting to damage glass. You could even injure yourself in the process. So there is that also...

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

It's understandable. Bad things happen to everyone and we all need an emotional outlet sometimes.
That said, we can also take this as a good lesson to take a deep breath, stop, and consider where is the best place to let that out. If you do your best venting with writing fiction, good on you - take it and make something great of it! Just try to make sure it's shared without ambiguity (in a place or in a way that people understand it's not real), or you risk hard feelings.

Your worse than OP!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Huh, I think the OP may be on to something here. Next time I have a life altering negative event come my way, I'm gonna invent some crazy pinball story and post it on Pinside to make myself feel better. I think this could work!

Sarcasm?

#71 3 years ago

Hey all,

When I checked this yesterday, it was a hot topic. This seems to be a popular subject!
Anyway, I need to give my condolences to all who downvoted my original post.
Inaccuracies aside, this story was written as I was very badly hungover, and I added far too much.

I apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused.
This wan written after a painful breakup, and it was all my fault she left me. It’s a long story.

But I’ve got time.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Hey all,

This wan written after a painful breakup, and it was all my fault she left me. It’s a long story.
But I’ve got time.

For god's sake, please don't share.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from curiusgeorge:

But arn't you curiusgeorge?

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I was in full rage mode at the time of writing the original.

Quoted from Origin:

When I wrote the original story, I was very upset and angry at the same time, and those feelings must have blurred my mind

Quoted from Origin:

this story was written as I was very badly hungover

Sounds like a bunch of excuses used to deflect accountability. Just man up and be honest with people, if you ever have to lie to make yourself feel better then maybe you should look in the mirror for the problem.

Quoted from Origin:

written after a painful breakup, and it was all my fault she left me

I don’t blame her, I look for honesty in people, maybe she does too. If my wife made up stories to get through difficult times; she wouldn’t be my wife for long.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

But arn't you curiusgeorge?

This made the thread worth it. Well done. Haha

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Sounds like she made a good choice. Work on yourself before you look for the next one.

#77 3 years ago

I really need to get verified don’t I?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

I got locked out while this was a hot topic, and I think I have lost all my vouching partners.
I’m an idiot.

17374F8A-C3B0-4489-A231-D7332BD62404 (resized).jpeg17374F8A-C3B0-4489-A231-D7332BD62404 (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago
Quoted from curiusgeorge:

Can we please stop with the bullying hate on origin? He clearly is trying to make amends. Origin- it’s all good. Lots of people turn into bags of tools under the protection and anonymity of digital forums.

Put the bleach down and eat something healthy!

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

He clearly is trying to make amends. Origin- it’s all good.

I agree. Origin because you are new around here (I think?) you probably haven’t figured out yet that you don’t need to do anything other than just say “that went different than I thought it would... I am dumb” (which you already did) and walk away from the thread. We all, for some odd reason, love watching people dig a hole for themselves and keep digging while we cheer and egg them on. Dig! Dig! Dig!

That is, unless you are attempting the nearly unheard of Pinside dismount from the beginnings of a dumpster-fire post... if that is the case, carry on good sir.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

ok, its verified that you are unbelievable...

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I'm a bit puzzled. This tournament you mentioned was in 2018. You entered your "full rage mode" one day ago. What's been going on between these two events ?

Maybe he typed it two years ago and forgot to hit send until now...

#83 3 years ago

The girlfriend might be the most made up part of his story. Just saying

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Your worse than OP!

Explain?

My points were:
1. All people have emotions, and many have problems to deal with of some sort.
2. Using creativity as an outlet is good. Much better than going out and causing actual harm.
3. Understand the difference between fantasy and reality, and don't confuse it for other people either.

If OP had followed point 3, this drama thread would not have happened at all.
Please specify which of my points are bad.

#85 3 years ago

Why did I waste my time reading this?

The reactions from the "Regulars" were pretty good, otherwise quite possibly the biggest waste of 4 minutes of my entire life.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Hey all,
When I checked this yesterday, it was a hot topic. This seems to be a popular subject!
Anyway, I need to give my condolences to all who downvoted my original post.
Inaccuracies aside, this story was written as I was very badly hungover, and I added far too much.
I apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused.
But I’ve got time.

If I was you I would delete this thread as soon as possible and write it off as a learning experience .

#87 3 years ago

Want to get in before it is locked.

#88 3 years ago

I like that the OP hasn’t verified their account yet. As long as this topic is on fire he can’t even post.

#89 3 years ago

This might be the one thread you could announce you were draining and not get a nastygram from the Mods...

#90 3 years ago
ED468566-C5A0-407D-A0CC-5A64D9E817A6.gifED468566-C5A0-407D-A0CC-5A64D9E817A6.gif
#91 3 years ago

Well this thread got weird...just for giggles I’m curious what other pinsiders evil doppelgänger names are if you put “dark“ in front like the op. I’ll start first I’m Dark KongDonkey aka Dark Donkey.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Well this thread got weird...just for giggles I’m curious what other pinsiders evil doppelgänger names are if you put “dark“ in front like the op. I’ll start first I’m Dark KongDonkey aka Dark Donkey.

4DCC4C88-4857-47DA-9FF4-510796FDABAA.gif4DCC4C88-4857-47DA-9FF4-510796FDABAA.gif
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I like that the OP hasn’t verified their account yet. As long as this topic is on fire he can’t even post.

Lol, is this true? I’ve never even looked at what being verified means here.

#94 3 years ago

I don't have anything particular to say. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I don't have anything particular to say. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

#96 3 years ago

"Dear Penthouse..."

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

This might be the one thread you could announce you were draining and not get a nastygram from the Mods

You and I could not but there are some who could.

#98 3 years ago

This guy is obviously mentally ill and needs some help. I hope he gets it.

#99 3 years ago

Ah good old friendly forgiving pinside

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Origin:

Get your account verified. Join the dark side!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unbelievable/page/2?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.