• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160208_2138547_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Working on a Gottleib/Premier Tag Team.

On the right side is a silver spinning target. A wonderful part of the game. Here's the problem:

For some reason the target is out of balance and will not sit correctly. As opposed to being perpendicular to the play field, it rests parallel, thus the ball passes underneath it with out activating the spinner, or racking up any points. Not sure what caused it or how to fix it.

Is it possible to rebalance these spinners? If so, how does one do that?

IMG_20160208_2138547_(resized).jpgIMG_20160208_2138547_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

I had the same problem with my F14 spinner . Im sure youve checked but could it possibly be installed in reverse ? Maybe try flipping it around? I also found that slight bending mine here and there and putting some light oil on the pivot points did the trick.

#3 8 years ago

You have to rebend the tabs to be in alignment. It looks like the one on the right is bent sideways (when the spinner would be in correct position). Also, straightening out the bracket might help fix the issue too. Lastly, check the leaf switch underneath is bent correctly and the connecting rod is not bent or mounted sideways.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the input. Notching seems to work to perfection. I decided to go the old fashion route and invest $7.00 in a new target from PBR.

Hopefully that will fix it. If not, at least I will know it is the components the target is attached to not the target itself.

#5 8 years ago

Over-tightening the screws can be a spinners' worst enemy also.

#6 8 years ago

One question for anyone familiar with the game. A friend of mine recently picked one up and has never heard the bell activate during game play. When is the bell supposed to ring?

#7 8 years ago

Check the leaf switch under the playfield where the spinner arm threads into it. I had one that was threaded through the tiny hole in the leaf switch backwards once and it had the same problem as yours. Just detach the arm from the leaf switch and re-attach from the opposite side and see if it fixes itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unbalanced-spinning-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.