Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5285 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5001 (resized).JPG
    4D819A58-3DBA-405B-A348-34C8903C7C80 (resized).jpeg
    4CD5B0B0-11FC-4EBA-8882-EF9B90AB9FCE (resized).jpeg
    HASP (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    C11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The offenders had been changing game settings and loosening tilts. Ridiculous really. You can't give these assholes an inch!

I had this happen on two of my games, thought I was loosing my mind. It happened again a week later so I changed everything back.... and then one more time three weeks after that. All three times the games were set on easy and the tilt was all the way down or off.

After changing the locks it stopped happening. No money was missing from what I could tell, Just settings and tilt.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I was always worried about someone pretending to be maintenance or changing out machines and they get stolen. Plus when I was checking insurance, it seemed that the actual location would have to provide coverage which was very iffy.

Had a place ten minutes from me get taken for almost 2k on their "grey area games". They said they were changing locks and the bartender and regulars didn't think anything of it. As far as I know, they never got caught.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The operator of the games at our league location uses Tubular Cam Locks for his games. I don't think you'll find many people with matching keys. This might not be the right one for a pinball machine, but it gives you an idea of the type of lock.
    amazon.com link »

The only problem with tubular locks is they are insanely easy to pick... guess it's the same thing with most wafer locks.
    Done it myself dozens of times.
    I was actually considering going with medeco, but holy they crap are they expensive.

Chances of people actually buying a pick to open a pinball machine are pretty damn slim though. Other items maybe.
    Seems like they are just as likely to use a crow bar or steal the whole machine.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The Chinese knock-offs of Chicago Ace and Fort tubular locks are quickly picked with a tubular pick like the one shown. I have an HPC puck that is over forty years old. The good tubular locks have tight tolerances and spool/setback pins that trick those picks. They're not pick proof, but a ten-30 second pick job can take several minutes. Precious time for a thief.
    The one US brand tubular lock that I found easy to pick are the American Lock (Junkunc Bros.) T-900/901 padlock cylinders. Most behave like in that video.

I know you can find most locks, like medeco and other better brands with security pins. Most, including myself just go with the cheaper alternative... Guess it's kind of like insurance. you know it's probably a good idea, but the upfront cost makes it less appealing. I'm probably going to bite the bullet sooner then later.

After you've seen, heard and experienced enough theft it starts to make you paranoid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unauthorized-access-?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.