Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5285 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5001 (resized).JPG
    4D819A58-3DBA-405B-A348-34C8903C7C80 (resized).jpeg
    4CD5B0B0-11FC-4EBA-8882-EF9B90AB9FCE (resized).jpeg
    HASP (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    C11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Whoever it is that was opening up my pins today at 16-Bit Indianapolis, please let me know who you are and don’t do it anymore. No issues for this notice, next time it’s going to get ugly for anybody who does this at any of my locations from this point forward.

C11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpegC11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpeg
    #6 4 years ago

They had a key, no the keys aren’t accessible, location has a key for stuck balls and what not. I think they were just using the service button for credits to play free games, so they are familiar with a pinball. Either way, it’s not right, really is theft. I spend so much time and money to have good pins out and to have someone claim they own the pins and help themselves to it really is a smack in face. I’d like to know who it is, if they come to me I’ll keep it between us and no harm no foul. From this point forward, charges will be pressed at minimum for trespassing and possibly theft. Is it really worth it?

I’m always handing out free games when I’m on location, if somebody was that strapped for cash, if they came to me and talked, I’d set up a day I’m at the location to meet up and play some pins. I think I’m pretty easy going but this is a violation on multiple levels.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

another note, where did you get those drink tables?

They are property of the location, they had them made and bolted to the floor

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

how did you notice this

The owners are familiar with me (the owner) but didn’t know if I had a “partner”. They called me but I wasn’t able to answer my phone so I called them back 1/2 hour later.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No CCTV video in that place?

They have CCV, I just want the offender to come forward without me having to do a bunch of research. I’m offering a chance to come clean, do it and no more problems. Don’t do it and we’ll have problems

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Sorry this happened to you. I always wondered if Stern used the same keys even though mine aren’t the same. Just out of curiosity, do you think this person is a member here?

Stern seems to have a group of locks they install at random on their pins. It doesn't matter though because I change the locks on day one on all my pins if they are new or used. When I sell them I install the lock it came with when I got it.

I do t know if they are a member her but they knew what they were doing, they had a key and were using the service buttons. So I’d say at a minimum they are familiar with pinball and more than likely at least visit pinside. They were also confident enough to state they owned the pins.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm sure people who do this kind of thing will step right forward.

Will you ask them to turn themselves in so you can make it ugly for them?
    This kind of thing sucks, but come on, these comments are pretty funny...

Typical pinside comments/outlook. I was not on a witch hunt, just wanted some answers.

The offender turned himself in this morning, he was very apologetic and was trying to fix a coin jam. He has pins and tried one of his keys and it worked. So I suppose that answers the skepticism.

Making it “ugly” was not referring to this offense, it was public notice for the next time something like this happens.

I’m pretty laid back and don’t get out of control to easily. People would be amazed at how much respect and compassion will get you.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

So they opened one pin and not pins as first stated

Yeah. I’m out of state and been out of state, I had to summarize what I was being told. I didn’t lay out every detail word for word. I do know the offender, he is a great guy and had been drinking (still no excuse for his actions). That how I can say is was a harmless mistake. Does it matter if it’s one pin or all the pins? No, it doesn't. Point is, I found out what I needed, confessions were made, lines drawn, the matter is all cleared up and I need new locks.

I do appreciate all the input and information of this thread. Pinball really is a small community and a great one at that.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Nothing like being sent out to a location (bowling alley) that was broken into and all the games broken into. This was before Home Depot etc. Pinball cabinet bottoms torn off, Asteroids front doors with hasps crowbarred apart, some pins with small hasp doors destroyed. Had to splice wood together to keep a couple games on-site and had a truck come out to get the rest and bring a couple more from the shop over. Kinda wished that they just had the keys and opened the doors to get the cash.
    Had many instances of this when I worked for an operator.

I hear you, my view is locks keep honest people honest. No amount of security is going to keep someone out who really wants in. In other words, the harder it is to get into it, the more damage it’s going to sustain.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unauthorized-access-?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.