Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5285 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5001 (resized).JPG
    4D819A58-3DBA-405B-A348-34C8903C7C80 (resized).jpeg
    4CD5B0B0-11FC-4EBA-8882-EF9B90AB9FCE (resized).jpeg
    HASP (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    C11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpeg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Whoever it is that was opening up my pins today at 16-Bit Indianapolis, please let me know who you are and don’t do it anymore. No issues for this notice, next time it’s going to get ugly for anybody who does this at any of my locations from this point forward.

C11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpegC11508A2-67EF-4527-88CB-E8C9B878C878 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

what happened? Does someone else have keys?

#3 4 years ago

Not cool

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

what happened? Does someone else have keys?

Yeah, how were they able to open them? Are the keys left where they are accessible?

On another note, where did you get those drink tables?

#5 4 years ago

Sorry, the volume was too low...

#6 4 years ago

They had a key, no the keys aren’t accessible, location has a key for stuck balls and what not. I think they were just using the service button for credits to play free games, so they are familiar with a pinball. Either way, it’s not right, really is theft. I spend so much time and money to have good pins out and to have someone claim they own the pins and help themselves to it really is a smack in face. I’d like to know who it is, if they come to me I’ll keep it between us and no harm no foul. From this point forward, charges will be pressed at minimum for trespassing and possibly theft. Is it really worth it?

I’m always handing out free games when I’m on location, if somebody was that strapped for cash, if they came to me and talked, I’d set up a day I’m at the location to meet up and play some pins. I think I’m pretty easy going but this is a violation on multiple levels.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

another note, where did you get those drink tables?

They are property of the location, they had them made and bolted to the floor

#8 4 years ago

And they wonder why there’s not more pins on location...pretty classless act for whoever did it.

#9 4 years ago

No CCTV video in that place?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

They had a key, no the keys aren’t accessible, location has a key for stuck balls and what not. I think they were just using the service button for credits to play free games, so they are familiar with a pinball. Either way, it’s not right, really is theft. I spend so much time and money to have good pins out and to have someone claim they own the pins and help themselves to it really is a smack in face. I’d like to know who it is, if they come to me I’ll keep it between us and no harm no foul. From this point forward, charges will be pressed at minimum for trespassing and possibly theft. Is it really worth it?
    I’m always handing out free games when I’m on location, if somebody was that strapped for cash, if they came to me and talked, I’d set up a day I’m at the location to meet up and play some pins. I think I’m pretty easy going but this is a violation on multiple levels.

I don’t blame you. That’s a nice lineup worth a lot of money. At the same time the strapped for cash excuse wouldn’t fly with me. It’s not crazy money to play a game plus i assume they sell beer there which the cash strapped person would easily dish out at 5x’s the amount of a play without batting an eye.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

+1 Surprised if there's no video, inside or outside the establishment.

#12 4 years ago

How did you notice this?

#13 4 years ago

Maybe they own a few pins and the keys are the same? How many varieties of stern keys are there?

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Maybe they own a few pins and the keys are the same? How many varieties of stern keys are there?

Knowing stern they're all the same lmao

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

next time it’s going to get ugly.[quoted image]

Use this next time

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

how did you notice this

The owners are familiar with me (the owner) but didn’t know if I had a “partner”. They called me but I wasn’t able to answer my phone so I called them back 1/2 hour later.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

They have CCV, I just want the offender to come forward without me having to do a bunch of research. I’m offering a chance to come clean, do it and no more problems. Don’t do it and we’ll have problems

#17 4 years ago

Sorry this happened to you. I always wondered if Stern used the same keys even though mine aren’t the same. Just out of curiosity, do you think this person is a member here?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Sorry this happened to you. I always wondered if Stern used the same keys even though mine aren’t the same. Just out of curiosity, do you think this person is a member here?

Stern seems to have a group of locks they install at random on their pins. It doesn't matter though because I change the locks on day one on all my pins if they are new or used. When I sell them I install the lock it came with when I got it.

I do t know if they are a member her but they knew what they were doing, they had a key and were using the service buttons. So I’d say at a minimum they are familiar with pinball and more than likely at least visit pinside. They were also confident enough to state they owned the pins.

#19 4 years ago

You might be able to rig these up, it would probably scare the shit out of whoever is doing it.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Protection-Installation-Apartment-45115/dp/B00178HMCI

Either way, I would change the locks immediately.

#20 4 years ago

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Use this next time[quoted image]

To lock the coin door or to beat them with......

#22 4 years ago

The cheap Happ branded locks have the code number stamped on their face. This makes a pinhead (as you suspect) with access to Stern keys work as simple as taking candy from a baby.

Also, the key codes are available from HPC etc. for someone who wants to cut their own keys.

Another reason to install higher security locks to keep petty thieves like this out.

#23 4 years ago

So they just took some freeplay and didn't take any coin from the machine? The locking bar across the coin door with your own padlock is probably as old as pinball itself. Nearly every previously routed pin I've ever owned either had one, or the remnants of one. It's too bad to have to use this, but if anything these days theft is even more prevalent and the thieves more brazen. Beating old women in broad daylight to get a couple of bucks for a crack fix is not unheard of. You're lucky they didn't steal a whole machine, I've heard of that happening when the crooks dress as maintenance workers.

#24 4 years ago

Pinball life sells a security bar that requires no drilling.

https://www.pinballlife.com/no-drill-coin-door-security-hasp-kit.html

HASP (resized).pngHASP (resized).png
    #25 4 years ago

Please tell me you're not using the 1382 or 7500 locks?
    Get cylinder locks. You don't need to use the locking bar just get better locks.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Get cylinder locks. You don't need to use the locking bar just get better locks.

They look like the 7500 ones. Pinball Life keyed alike?

#27 4 years ago

That wallpaper is terrible just saying

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

They look like the 7500 ones. Pinball Life keyed alike?

Yup, looks like them. They used to sell the 1382s then sold out. Now they are 7500. Most my games are 1382 but had to pick up some 7500s.
    If they are 1382s I still need 10 of them so would buy some if changing locks.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That wallpaper is terrible just saying

Disagree. The wallpaper is tremendous.

4CD5B0B0-11FC-4EBA-8882-EF9B90AB9FCE (resized).jpeg4CD5B0B0-11FC-4EBA-8882-EF9B90AB9FCE (resized).jpeg
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Use this next time[quoted image]

I would use this bar too to remediate the issue - but not on the pin, if you know what I mean.

#32 4 years ago

what makes you think the violator is on this forum?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

where do you recommend for good cylinder locks?

#34 4 years ago

You are lucky the person didn’t just take one “back to the shop to repair”

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

You are lucky the person didn’t just take one “back to the shop to repair”

oh god, like the guy in Canada who had his avengers taken off route. I still follow that thread just hoping the guy eventually posts that he found it.

#36 4 years ago

Buddy think you should change yer thread title to "Creep Says He Owns My Machines and Opens Them Up. Guess How This Ends?"

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Disagree. The wallpaper is tremendous.[quoted image]

I like it too. The wallpaper.

#38 4 years ago

Jokes aside, ole Bud is not a small guy. He ain't one to f with. Dumb move on someone's part.
    GET WELL SOON

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

what makes you think the violator is on this forum?

What makes him think the violator would check a random thread called "UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS?"

This same thing happened at Rock Fantasy recently and the offenders were given lifetime bans. No physical violence was needed.

The offenders had been changing game settings and loosening tilts. Ridiculous really. You can't give these assholes an inch!

#40 4 years ago

I'll make a rare non-technical posting; they make high security "postal locks" that should work with no problems, good luck getting duplicate keys for that. I use them at work for narcotic containers in the nursing carts.

Pity you would have to take that step and someone would abuse your trust in such a manner. Leaving pins at a location is very much a matter of trust. Playing pins on location is pocket change, my wife and I tossed down $20 for an hours play at The Sanctum 2 weeks ago to check out some pins.

#41 4 years ago

I had been propositioned about placing some games on location. Always been a fantasy to be involved in the coinop business. But because of my job, I’m always thinking of the worst case scenario. I was always worried about someone pretending to be maintenance or changing out machines and they get stolen. Plus when I was checking insurance, it seemed that the actual location would have to provide coverage which was very iffy. Nothing surprises me anymore honestly, but I just don’t understand why someone would risk freedom for a few free games.

Are keys often left with the location? I would think that someone that knows this has more than likely been a patrol of that location previously.

#42 4 years ago

That is messed up Bud. If it happens again and you find out who it is, let me know so I can keep an eye out on my machines.

#43 4 years ago

I once heard of a location owner putting cameras in the game. It wasn't for the same situation described here, but instead for tokens from another location. They kept finding non-establishment tokens in their games, so they would rig up security cameras inside the machines to see exactly when the tokens were dropped. Then with CCTV around the location, they could timestamp to see who it was.

Rigging up security cameras inside to the service outlet (if the lock bar idea didn't work) could also give you a very nice glimpse of the offender next time they did it.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

where do you recommend for good cylinder locks?

I haven’t operated games in two decades. But always bought mine from a locksmith company. They would key the locks alike. And when I needed more they would just key more. I wouldn’t recommend any of the popular pinball suppliers that sell large quantities of the same key #. You could check around to see who’s selling individual key #s and can key future locks to the same key.

#45 4 years ago

I love how whenever anything happens to anybody in pinball they post here thinking they'll get satisfaction.

To the Bastard Whole Stole my AFM CL deal!!!

To the thieves who stole my truck!

To the Basset Hound that bit me on the way to work!!!

I just don't think these folks are checking up here regularly.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Whoever it is that was opening up my pins today at 16-Bit Indianapolis, please let me know who you are and don’t do it anymore. No issues for this notice,

Quoted from Bud:

I’d like to know who it is, if they come to me I’ll keep it between us and no harm no foul.

I'm sure people who do this kind of thing will step right forward.

Quoted from Bud:

next time it’s going to get ugly for anybody who does this at any of my locations from this point forward.

Will you ask them to turn themselves in so you can make it ugly for them?

This kind of thing sucks, but come on, these comments are pretty funny...

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

sounds to me like he already knows whom they are (cctv and workers description) and if providing the opportunity to come clean before he takes other action.

Bud is a really good guy and it is in his character to forgive someone that takes ownership.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I’m pretty sure it’s more of one of those “I know what you did and you need to stop” things. Also pretty sure if the person that did do this reads this they won’t do it again.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love how whenever anything happens to anybody in pinball they post here thinking they'll get satisfaction.

I find it hilarious when people post status updates on Facebook like those.

"To the asshole in the supermarket....on the road...blah blah blah". The jerk who cut you off on the highway is not reading your Facebook updates.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Think of it as a public service announcement like those newspaper ads saying ,” I am not responsible any debts of than my own”.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unauthorized-access-?hl=pbearwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.