Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by jgadzia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DATA EAST - STAR WARS SCHEMATICS.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 15 days ago

Ok, I cannot change the volume on my Data East Star Wars. No matter which way i turn the pot the volume doesnt change ( i do have sound and it isnt inaudible, but i cant turn it as high as i use to). I stuck my multimeter probes in the red and white pins that come from the pot to the sound board (CN3-1 and CN3-2) and the resistance does change when i turn the pot. so i think the pot is ok. i next checked R14,R15, and R25 and they all measure appropriately with the multimeter. I do get sound out of all the speakers, so i dont think it would be likely that the amps are bad. I was going to just change all the capacitors and see if that fixes the problems, but before i order those, i was wondering if there are any other parts i should order that could also be causing this problem.

DATA EAST - STAR WARS SCHEMATICS.pdf
#2 15 days ago

bump

#3 15 days ago

Bump.

My Secret Service is doing similar. Unlike you, I haven't checked any readings, so thanks for the tip. (Frying other fish first)

#4 14 days ago

anyone got any help on this?

#5 12 days ago

Problem Solved. The -12 volt wire did not have a good connection. Interesting, i thought that there would be nothing without that voltage, but actually i had a pretty good volume, just not changeable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside