Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RazerX
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Trilogy be thawed out?”

• Who the f*ck is Trilogy! 6 votes
      15%
    • Trilogy made the only beer dispensing pinball machine in the world.....f*ck yeah bring Doug back! 28 votes
      72%
    • The Doug we're looking for is a white........ 5 votes
      13%

(39 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-318.jpg
    image-486.jpg
    hau90 (1).jpg
    image.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-00-53.png
    20150205_191817.jpg
    28Trilogy Beer.jpg
    trilogy2.jpg
    Trilogy.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I noticed his account was still frozen........Doug is a great asset to the pinball community, he just had a rough night when his team lost.

Let's bring him back!

Should we add a poll?

Trilogy.jpgTrilogy.jpg trilogy2.jpgtrilogy2.jpg 28Trilogy Beer.jpg28Trilogy Beer.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

A good lesson here .... Don't drink and post.

I think everyones done it. Eh Iceman!

rd.

#3 9 years ago

Surprised he isn't back. I have seen others gone shorter times for much worse offenses. Doug is a good guy so it is time.

#4 9 years ago

Did he seriously get perma'ed over a football thread? I didn't see what it was for, but um...lol...

Usually bans aren't more than a few days around here from what I've seen???

#5 9 years ago

I agree, trilogy is an asset to Pinside. On another note, I had no idea he was banned or what he did. If hes a Seahawks fan then he should probably stay banned.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

A good lesson here .... Don't drink and post.

Words to live by!

#7 9 years ago

Plus, he was *TRYING* to get banned as a way to cope...

(note: weird way to cope, but hey, to each their own. I just drank more...)

Jaz

#8 9 years ago

I am pretty sure general opinion is that I become LESS of an a-hole when I drink. I'm not sure what would happen if it was the other way around. Probably some kind of quantum implosion that would destroy the universe or something.

#9 9 years ago

Trilogy is a good guy. His behavior that night was odd, but in character for a Wisconsin cheesehead.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I am pretty sure general opinion is that I become LESS of an a-hole when I drink. I'm not sure what would happen if it was the other way around. Probably some kind of quantum implosion that would destroy the universe or something.

You wouldn't be drinking.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

You wouldn't be drinking.

Right, because the universe would implode.

#12 9 years ago

From what I saw they banned him because he said the word 'fuck' about a gazillion times in about a gazillion posts. The mod edit note that I saw mentioned excessive profanity.

#13 9 years ago

Bring Doug the <EDITED>back!

Post edited by moderator: vulgarity

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Bring Doug the <EDITED> back!

You said <edit>

Post edited by moderator: vulgarity

#15 9 years ago

Every time I pop a top I first pour out a little in remembrance

#16 9 years ago

That's one of my favorite words.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #18 9 years ago

I think that outburst was hilarious, but he definitely deserved the ban. Plus I hate angry drunks. Dude you're drunk, it's awesome, act like it. When I see angry drunks it makes me think they suck to hangout with at any level of soberness or drunkenness. Thanks, but no thanks.

#19 9 years ago

I missed the episode and was surprised to see he was frozen.
    Normally an asset around here.
    And we were all upset at THAT GAME.
    20150205_191817.jpg20150205_191817.jpg

#20 9 years ago

Yea, football is over. Bring him back.

#21 9 years ago

As a huge fan of rants, I say bring the f<elle>r back! If you need someone to swap out, I volunteer.

#22 9 years ago

Things are being worked on. He's not permabanned, and sometimes these things don't have immediate resolutions.

Patience...

I know some of you guys love tossing out some gosh darn profanity, but it'd probably be best to tone it down in this thread for now.

Pete

#23 9 years ago

when did cussing become against Pinside TOS?

Serious question...

I thought that was what tilting was for. I cuss and then tilt and all good?

#24 9 years ago

Jersey Chris , what the fudge?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious question...

Short version:

Don't use language directed at another user ("You're a f----ing idiot! I'm heading off to (insert mom joke here that you can hear while playing Call of Duty)")

Most mods will let a bit of casual cussing go...although since we are all different human beings, some will have a quicker trigger than others, or ask you to tone it down. (Hey, we aren't all perfect robots, sorry!)

Then, there's the odd case where someone goes way over-the line, and it's no longer just a random, simple vulgar word. So...uh....avoid that kind of thing at all costs.

Pete

#26 9 years ago

Ok that make sense . I don't care about language but I do care when it's directed at a person. Big difference.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious question...

Truth is all would of likely remained unedited if you didn't go overboard. This site is meant to be a spot all age groups are welcome. A curse here or there usually will slide, however when 3-4 posts in a row use them and then it gets taken overboard by post that curses 3 times that is where we generally step in. Tilt is meant more for pictures and such not as a much for insesant cursing.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok that make sense . I don't care about language but I do care when it's directed at a person. Big difference.

Absolutely....and most people understand the difference.

This thread is kind of a different beast. I think there was an effort being made by the mods to keep this from going totally off the rails and devolving into a sympathetic cuss-fest in support (or protest) of Doug's vacation.

Pete

#29 9 years ago

sorry, I was doing it tongue in check, but it really is my favorite Fing cussing word

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, I was doing it tongue in check, but it really is my favorite Fing cussing word

Oh, we know.

#31 9 years ago

I dunno ...Dougs are weird critters. you dont want them in the house.

#32 9 years ago

It really is mine, too.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I agree, trilogy is an asset to Pinside. On another note, I had no idea he was banned or what he did. If hes a Seahawks fan then he should probably stay banned.

It was a lot worse than that. He was pulling for the Packers.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It was a lot worse than that. He was pulling for the Packers.

F@#K you... and bring back Trilogy! Sorry for the F word.

#35 9 years ago

Poll added....

LionMan!

Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-00-53.pngScreenshot_2015-02-05-21-00-53.png
    #36 9 years ago

Oh, bring him back, his team not only lost, but he probably lost alot of money...

#37 9 years ago

How much we talking? Double the pain!!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Things are being worked on. He's not permabanned, and sometimes these things don't have immediate resolutions.
    Patience...
    I know some of you guys love tossing out some gosh darn profanity, but it'd probably be best to tone it down in this thread for now.
    Pete

Banned for cussing is so 1933.
    Pinside is a pinball enthusiast site as far as I can tell, and with pinball comes some cussing; at least that's my history.

#39 9 years ago

The people that know me would tell you that I'm a lady of discerning taste and good judgement in men, and as honest as the day is long, so I would like to offer my support for Doug's de-iceing. He's just a little crazy - not like Carl crazy.

Now if only he would make a pinball machine that dispenses a nice cold Shasta, with an alcohol
    of choice mixing option - I would be so happy I would..., well let's just say nudity might be involved.

Free Doug! Free Doug! Free Doug!

#40 9 years ago

FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG! FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG! FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG! FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG! FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG! FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG. FREE THE DOUG!

Post edited by moderator: a little overboard there

#41 9 years ago

The punishment does not fit the crime. You get out of the drunk tank when you sober up.

#42 9 years ago

I say free him, regardless of the cartoon below.image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 9 years ago

There's cussing... then there's a lot of cussing... and then there was Doug on that night of January the 28th. I don't think "your favorite team losing", "being hammered" or "losing a lot of money" justifies vandalizing a public forum that is read by many people, including minors, from all over the world. It's just not acceptable.

So IMHO the account freeze was completely just. But I also agree that a one week account freeze is plenty of time off. I don't think I've ever met Trilogy (or did I at Expo when I was hanging with the cool Lionman kids?) but someone building his own beer dispensing pinball machine is a cool guy in my book.

The thing is, I haven't heard a peep from him and forgot about unfreezing the account. I will go ahead and do that now and we'll see if he even wants to come back or is just too busy brewin'.

#45 9 years ago

Sweet, I hope Doug decides to come back and update us with his Trilogy project's.

hau90 (1).jpghau90 (1).jpg
    #46 9 years ago

You met him Robin..

image-486.jpgimage-486.jpg
    #47 9 years ago

Also a big fan of the Doug, he is always a pleasure to hang out with, sober or drunk(not an angry drunk by any means). It should also be noted, I plan my parties/tourneys around Doug's schedule, if he can't make it, f'n f it, f the whole f'n deal

image-318.jpgimage-318.jpg
    #48 9 years ago

Bring him back for the love of God! Doug is good people. Can't blame him forever. It's really the Packers' fault anyways, not his.

PS: bring him back!

#49 9 years ago

It is always the packers fault

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Also a big fan of the Doug, he is always a pleasure to hang out with, sober or drunk(not an angry drunk by any means). It should also be noted, I plan my parties/tourneys around Doug's schedule, if he can't make it, f'n f it, f the whole f'n deal

image-318.jpg 112 KB

Jay's parties are a blast but if Doug isn't there, they F'n suck!

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/un-freeze-trilogy-doug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.