Topic Stats

• 807 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pjflyer
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8941 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8943 (resized).jpeg
    81sN2m9ffWL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    81WFkg1E-+L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    20240108_113121 (resized).jpg
    20240108_083305 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3534 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9587 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    IMG_9586 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    20231228_095339 (resized).jpg
    20231228_093608 (resized).jpg
    20231228_090313 (resized).jpg
    20231228_090054 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3274 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8061 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3273 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

agree with CF. Bigger is better when it comes to ultrasonicators. That thing looks like a great price for the size. Would love to hear some reviews.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I use this in my Ultra, kicks ass!

158856.jpg 25 KB

what ratio?

#33 9 years ago

lol

#34 9 years ago

my method is LA Totaly Awesome Orange 25%, Water 75%, and some dawn dish soap to make it 110% kick ass.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I know little about these. How often do you change the liquid?

after it is really dirty (or sits for a long time). You will get an idea for when is stops cleaning as well.

#62 9 years ago

A word of warning, be very careful when cleaning plastics in an ultra. Depending on your specific solution and plastic, you can easily strip the art.

#66 9 years ago

I have put plastics in my ultrasonicator, but only do so with water and a small amount of dawn and simple green or windex. However, always spot check first and use a hidden or junk plastic if you are going to risk it.

By hand is always safest, but I know some will still use the sonicator.

1 month later
    #71 9 years ago

Where did you pick thatone up from and how much coin did you need to drop?

That is the #1 upgrade I would liek to have!

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Amazon,$ 279 plus shipping.

NICE!

Please report back with any pros/cons or issues. Please let us know if you later wish you had gone 1 size bigger.

#77 9 years ago

what size is yours skypilot? just want to make sure I know.

Also, will full flipper brackets fit in it?

1 month later
    #117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey Sky, how do you keep from getting the white crust on thing after it dries? I pull everything out of the ultrasonic and rinse it then blow everything off with an air compressor but sometimes I still get a little bit of crust on certain pieces.

You must have VERY hard water? Use softer water in you solution or bottled

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Funny you mention it, I actually use only distilled water for my ultrasonic cleaner.

odd. What solution are you using? Maybe something is causing a reaction which brings the calicum or other hard chemicals out of solution in small amounts?

Does it only happen on zinc plated stuff or stainless or plastic also?

#123 9 years ago

I would decrease the amount of simple green. I actually do not like simple green.

Use purple power or I like some LA Totally Awesome Oxy Orange and a little dawn.
    Heat seems to be more important that solution IME.

1 month later
    #183 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you mix your own, and wish to use ammonia, please be sure to find ammonia with no additives...scent, or anything.....these agents can leave a milky white film on metal.
    Most people are using there on mix of detergent or mean green.
    I found a superior product, available powdered that usually sells for $30-$40 a pound to the electronic industry and jewelry industry.
    I tested $.50 worth, approx 6 grams in a 1 gallon Harbor Freight, and Boards, Coils, etc, cleaned in about 40-80 seconds! It really was quite phenomenal.
    I will be posting pictures and info, along with offering free samples posted only here, on Black Friday, for 1 ounce bags. I was told 1 ounce will do 5-10 gallons, but I used more.
    Ill hope for strength feedback with these samples, and hope they are help to everyone.
    I have this a very superior product, that stores dry, and would be better, and hopefully equal or less
    in cost....but Ill await public opinion.

I would love to try the powder product. I have an LED order incoming if you want to send some of this magic powder along

#188 9 years ago

"Ultradust" I like literal and fun. Assuming it works, whom wouldn't want some ultradust.

1 week later
    #198 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

How important is "heating the water" to getting best results in an ultrasonic?
    -mof

VERY. Hot water and good solution will bring you nice results.

#204 9 years ago

MOF > I think your heating element may be defective. The water should get really hot with it, but not enough to melt the plastic basket.

2 months later
    #243 9 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Damn. Good point. Didn't even think of that. (I have yet to lose anything in shipping.. but I'll be darned if that wouldn't be my first..) I guess I'll have to just wipe them down as best I can then..!

Put the harness in the tub and spray it down with LAs total Awesome Orange (dollar store greatness).
    Take a good nylon bristle brush to it, more LAs, more scrub. Watch the grime melt away and smile!

Rinse REALLY well, then blow it out REALLY well with air compressor and leave it to dry for a few days before reinstalling.

You can leave on switches and everything else, just make sure to clean and dry very well.

#248 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I want to ad my 2 cents to this subject of cleaning harnesses. If you don't blow the water out of the molex connectors REALLY REALLY well, you are at risk of making the pins corrode. Nice to have a clean harness for a quality restoration but not at the expense of causing bad connection problems.....

Just wanted to say that it is not that hard to use the compressor and blow it out. I do agree that you need to blow it out REALLY well. I also leave it out for atleast a week after blowing it out and in our dry winter, any water left over will evaporate quickly.

#261 9 years ago

Mike >> I use LAs Totally Awesome mixture in my ultra and now more recently have been using the new UltraDust from Art/Comet and only had great results.

If you are thinking about switching over, maybe try a new mix?

1 week later
    #276 9 years ago

John> I don't think you need anything that strong (50:50) and I typically do more 20% LATAOrange and 80% water, with some dawn dish soap (just a few drops). I now use Ultradust and it works just as well.

I have never had anything like you show for damage.

I typically run for 3 min with full heat the whole time.

I have found that is plenty for the majority of stuff and the heat is key.

I have never run anything longer than 9 min and harnesses I do by hand still as my unit is not very big. I will still do them by hand even when I get a bigger unit as I prefer that method.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

You left yourself wide open for this one buddy

I know how to use it and that is all that matters... lol

#312 9 years ago

Yes, I have found that if you let it sit for a bit then the junk will drop out of solution.

With your big set up, I think you can likely filter and reuse for a LONG time.
    I would drain through a coffee filter and I bet your soultion is good to use again and again.

5 months later
    #354 8 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

My Pro Stainless Steel 22 L Liters 1080W Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner has arrived ($337.89) from eBay.
    ebay.com link
    I am very impressed. It does everything I wanted it to do and at a great price. Here are some pics:

nice!

I made the seller an offer of $300 for one. Let's see if they will give a discount.

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i offered $250 to make your offer look better

Mine was declined. Assume yours was also. You want to go back and offer 275 for 2 of them?

Maybe they will give the price break for the pair?

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I was declined at the 275 point too.

Try 275 for 3. I will take one and a buddy will take the other

2 months later
    #374 8 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

This thing is awesome for drying parts, blowing out keyboards and fans, and many other uses.
    amazon.com link »

agreed! loud but works really good!

#384 8 years ago

large enough to fit large mechs!

entire harnesses go into tub/utility sink with liberal amuonts of LA totally awesome orage with o2 and then rinsed VERY well, then dried very well, then left to sit and air dry even more.

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually disassemble them for cleaning, polishing and waxing. So dumping them in whole doesn't really offer a big advantage. Then again, I imagine not everyone wants to take the time to do that either and just drop a mech in whole.

I dissasseble everything also, but some mechs can get very wide or very long for the main plate.

1 year later
    #510 7 years ago

no need to remove the switches to clean in the ultra.

Just blow them out dry when done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultrasonic-cleaners?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.