Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I've routinely pulled apart gearboxes, and put it in the ultrasonic clearner. Works magic.

But an electric motor, I have not needed to do. Most just need surface cleaning, and the inners are fine. There not enough parts in there to make it worth doing. I usually blow them out with compressed air.

I'm sure it would work, but you would need to use plenty of compressed air to get all the water out of it....

1 week later
    #6 9 years ago

I'm assuming your speaking about the transformer. That's not a good idea.

I clean the wires going into it (via alcohol or another substance). Then i sand down the metal that surrounds the unit. Later i tape off the wires and sides, leaving only the exposed metal; and spray paint it black. Comes out great.

There's no point cleaning the inside of the transformer. It's tightly wound wire with zero moving parts.
    If you take it for a dip, good luck getting all the water out of it. And then comes a nice bad short.

The transformers almost never fail. Just get it clean cosmetically and call it a day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultrasonic-cleaner-question?tu=brianz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.