11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mickthepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Was looking at getting a "Ultrapin" pinball machine. I haven't had the chance to play one first hand, but from looking at pictures the playfield area looks flat like there is no depth at all. The ramps look like they are on the playfield and not above them. The castle on MM looked like it was painted onto the pf unless I sawbad pics of how they really look?

Visual pinball with Pinmame has depth and looks more realistic as opposed to the Ultrapin. Plus, it only comes with 12 games (least the one at the playdium store says 12)and many are older ones non DMDs too.

Basically, are they fun at all? can you add new games to them easily?

#2 11 years ago

Yes in a multi pin collection, no of you only have room for a couple.

#3 11 years ago

It's the next best thing to real pinball. If you want to try some out you can download them to your computer and get a feeling for what its like. www.vpforums.org You can download the emulator and download some tables. It is not nearly as fun on the computer though as it is on a ultrapin. There are at least 100+ games you can put on those machines and they are always improving the tables. Though you won't be able to emulate any of the new stern games.

#4 11 years ago

Ultrapin = No.
    Build your own or buy a hyperpin based setup = YES

Ultrapin is very slow and not very good compared.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Ultrapin = No.

Ultrapin is very slow and not very good compared.

+1

These video pins keep getting better and better. It is not pinball, but it is a fun video game, that works well in a game room. The fun part can also be from building your own if you like to do that type of work.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Hyperpin.. Interesting. I know I couldn't build one that looked any good so I will have to look into purchasing one from somewhere in Toronto.

#7 11 years ago

As Mr Ed said.. Nay!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultrapin-yay-or-nay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.