13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Has anyone out there tried or seen the Ultrapin? In case you don't know what it is... it is a machine that works as a video machine and plays 12 tables. I was wondering if I was better to just purchase one real pinball machine of your dreams, or have multiple virtual tables.

#2 13 years ago

Ya, I don't know about those machines. I have never played one, but I have read a bit about them. I have played lots of pinball games on the nintendo WII and the playstation, and I would compare a Ultrapin to those. (Other than an ultrapin is in an actual cabinet with you standing over the screen to give the impression of a real pinball machine). I guess if you don't have the space for 12 machines that is the way to go! Nothing will ever beat the real thing of course!
    I am a mechanical person and if something goes wrong with one of my pins, I actually like to diagnose the problem and fix it. That just works better for me as a player/collector/enthusiast. If I don't have room for more machines I just get out the sledge hammer and knock out a wall!!!!

#3 13 years ago

I'm with you on that one.!. Those things that you've mentioned are what makes pinball so special.

#4 13 years ago

I used to be a big fan of the Pinball Fantasies game on Amiga, but ever since I've owned real pins, computerized pinball just doesn't cut it aymore. I've heard that this virtual table plays even worse in terms of responsiveness than those old computer games. But that was some years ago, so I wonder what the virtual games look and feel like now.

#5 13 years ago

Yeah, this must be an Ultra bust! I can't find even find one person who will admit to playing one of these Ultra pin machines!

#6 13 years ago

I had an offer last year from a guy who wanted to trade his Ultra pin for my BK2000,
    I looked it up and told him that BK2000 is already on his Ultra Pin game why would he want mine? I forget what he told me or why he wanted to get rid of it but yeah it's just not the same.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!