(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 2 years ago

Wow - people willing to take $800-900 losses before it is even built. I get the code is bad but it will get better, I guess this is the downside of limited runs and pre-order rushes. Not all games are money makers…

But the second pinside ad called it a “heap”….I am guessing if you route this game it is particularly bad.

I would guess people prefer Godzilla over this game since the themes are pretty close. Hard to miss the reviews where some people are calling Godzilla Sterns best game ….

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125023

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125079

#137 2 years ago

I agree but this has not been the trend with games lately…this game was released when a lot of other games were delivering faster making people second guess their deposit.

Bad code did not help…

Here is another…at these prices for a Collectors Edition it is a discount and likely worth the risk, it should regain value after some updates to the code. It is like Funhouse now that 2.0 is coming out prices just spiked….

Getting tempted myself, I think I would like to just spend a little less on a standard maybe. But it is getting close…I think Godzilla is tempting too. No Sales on that game for sure…but no real profit taking since premiums are basically unlimited in numbers.

Look though paid over $2k and selling the deposit for under $1k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

#149 2 years ago

I cannot imagine not taking the risk and holding the game rather than materializing the loss early at $1k.

What’s next someone taking an even greater loss to not pay the rest of the game when built, just asking someone to take it off their hands?

#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I Think for some they are buying something different like Godzilla and now don’t have the funds for ultraman so would rather take a hit than try to get another 7k from somewhere and have to try to sell once it arrives

It’s a lot of game for $7k …. It’s not different like a Stern Premium to a Pro, major things on the games change.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Feeling refreshed after the Pinside 24 hour thread eject.
Government name has a K in it. My Ultraman number has the #5 in it.
As far as my sale pending goes the buyer backed out so I might keep it.
You asked .

Yeah but you raised the price by $6 - so that’s a price increase…

Someone will get a heck of a deal - I understand what you decide either way it goes.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixxin:

So for what it is worth, I got to finally play UM this weekend on location. I have one on order in the early 300s and was wanting to figure out if it was really as bad as the current market is making it out to be (short answer is no). I was also fortunate, as I got to play a Godzilla LE and Mando LE back to back with UM. Here are my thoughts for any other UM people that have one on order, but have not been able to play the game yet. Full disclosure, I historically enjoy Spooky games, as I owned a TNA for 2.5 years and currently still own my R&M (great game). With that being said, I have honestly been pretty annoyed at the situation in the past couple months of seeing how "rough" the state of the game is in and the lack of gameplay information I had before I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. I never bought the game to flip, but rather just wanted an enjoyable kaiju-related game with good theme integration similar to R&M or ACNC. For me, this is a make or break moment for Spooky as a customer. If they cannot deliver a really fun and engaging game like TNA or R&M, I simply won't be pre-ordering with them again regardless of future themes due to the speculative nature of it.
Pros: The game is visually stunning. Out of maybe 20 games at the location, it easily was in the top 3 from a looks perspective. The playfield artwork, side blades, and lighting all pop. The LED strips on the upper playfields are not distracting from the player's perspective and add atmosphere to the playfield. I was worried about this, as they are pretty visible on stream. The shots are smooth and pretty satisfying. The layout is unique and feels different in a good way. I was worried about how the upper playfields would feel, but the middle playfield felt good and I always felt like I had shot variety. I think something was wrong with the upper playfield entrance on the game I played, as I never ended up getting to it--lots of rejects from that ramp when I expected to get up there. The music is also excellent--it sets the right mood for the theme.
Cons: The code is super bare bones. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but in current form there is little to no instructions to the player on what to hit, or general strategy throughout the game. I had researched the rules before going to know what to do, but it was still a challenge sometimes. There is no risk versus reward present in the current code or cumulative feeling of progression. There are extremely few callouts and virtually no feedback or audible reward directed to the player. The subway to ball risers are a miss for me. From a positive side, they create very controllable situations to make shots, but they take forever. I think I counted about a 6-7 second delay between hitting the ball into a subway and the release of the ball into the inlane. Instead of creating a positive effect of "where did the ball go", within a few games it created a mini-cringe of "c'mon not again". Honestly, I don't think they can do much to fix it at this point, as it doesn't seem like the R&M staging would work. Finally, very little of the series is effectively integrated into the game in the current code. I didn't notice many show scenes other than UM flipping monsters. There are a ton of funny (intentional or not) parts to the series. These are not currently cultivated.
Summary: As everyone has said, layout cannot be changed, but code can. Playing the game is, at a base level, fun and seems promising. Honestly, I found myself choosing to play UM more games than Godzilla. I went into playing this weekend trying to figure out if I would sell my spot to get a Godzilla. At this point, I intend to keep my UM spot, as I like the theme and the general campy vibe feels good to me. I have faith that Charlie would not let a personal theme fall short from an integration standpoint. With that being said, I have seen a few people say this game isn't that bad where it currently sits code/rules wise. This simply is not true. It is very rough. It needs substantial consideration to incorporate risk versus reward elements, additive progression, and world building. These are fundamental pinball elements that keep players coming back for more. The game also needs MANY more callouts. Reactions to monsters, instructions to the player, and general world-building commentary is needed to be immersive. Right now, it is very sterile outside of the music. The game also has long ball times due to a forgiving layout, controllable shots due to the riser system, and deep shots. I don't mind this, but long playing games need DEEP rulesets. I want to feel like I am going on a journey or get to build an experience that differs slightly each time.
Suggestions: Lean into the time period, Japanese atmosphere, campy and funny nature of the show in the callouts, and consider mini-modes that focus on these elements similar to what Dialed In did with the Crazy Bob modes (lottery, emoji, etc). Since the ball is very controllable, you should consider integration of hurry-ups and mode-completion benefits or shot multipliers to add a sense of urgency, build-up, or importance of completing a task. Beating monsters should feel desirable and distinct between them. Right now, it just feels very rinse and repeat. A mode completion hurry up ala Alice Cooper in one of the left side holes for quick big points seems logical since they are not easy shots. Thought should be given to do something to entertain the player while waiting for the ball to come up in the riser during single ball play so it doesn't feel like wasted time. Maybe some sort of quick flipper controlled mini game like avoiding monster attacks for points, item collection like pizza slices on TMNT, or minor reward like the Indy 500 flip-through awards. Finally, always give me something to do on each of the upper playfields every time I get up there no matter the game state. Specifically, some interesting rule or effect needs to be integrated when hitting the ball into the shooter lane from the middle playfield. This is another stop and go moment in the game. Embrace it through some sort of effect or rule.
Overall, it seems like the Spooky team has indicated there is a lot more to be developed. I am cautiously optimistic and am looking forward to seeing what this game morphs into.

That is a nice honest review...pros / cons....

Maybe I don't have a right to comment because I have not seen it in the wild and was interested in buying one but held off for what I see as something I am not super comfortable with when it comes to Spooky which is all the tweaking everyone must do when their game arrives. I kind of prefer to have someone else work out the bugs and get a mature game but the issue is usually the risk takers have a cheaper game as the pin appreciate in value. I played Godzilla (pro) it was good and certainly a beautiful game and certainly best to date compared to Mandalorian or Led Zeppelin (IMO). But, unlike Rick and Morty where theme can carry the game alone and make someone overlook the tweaking required and maybe some issues, Ultraman is so niche that the game has a much more limited appeal. I love old campy Japanese Godzilla or Ultraman stuff but it is hard to not say the 2 games are going after the exact same buyer and with what Stern produced hard to not say one is more mature and ready to go out of the box.

I get many people will say the tweaks required are small but man just read any Spooky forum on any of their prior games it is nothing but tweaks to improve gameplay. I get it....I tweak, restore, buy, sell games tweaking is no big deal.

#232 2 years ago

Just a little teasing here (don't hate) - price drop again, now under $1k.... It moves like my bitcoin....

Like I said before I respect what you decide either way but they just announced a little update of the code, maybe go back over $1K again. Make it $750 and I will take it off your hands. Being that you asked for #500 that is a long way off (absolute last one on the line - so the code should be complete), we could be fighting off Omicron infected zombies by that time and you could be like Will Smith living alone in NYC in your own version of "I am Legand" and a pinball machine won't matter much.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Not the first to list at this number.[quoted image]

I tease - but you started under $1k and then went over $1K and now are at $950, pretty soon you will have to pay us to take it.

I am not trolling ya....I would thought this would have locked up but the last built that puts this out how long if they are in the 200 range now, probably at least 6 months out I would guess. But, still a good discount for someone....

#251 2 years ago

Why are people being provided new ramps?

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All CE’s regardless of butter cab are produced prior to standards. Also, standards will be higher numbers. Early numbers are all CE.

So how did Kaneda buy the last CE claiming #500 - wouldn’t that be a standard cab

3 weeks later
#609 2 years ago

Wow - there just seems to be a lot of these machines for sale and Holloween models too...

Looks like the ranking cheapest is Kaneda's - his sale must have fallen through at $950, but there are a couple right behind that on price. This pinball if the code grows could end up being a deal.

#617 2 years ago

Well here is another one at just a little over $1k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125079

#749 2 years ago

I follow this forum because I like the theme and am interested in the game, have not played it or seen in the wild. But, wow, this game has the most sales in pre-orders I have ever seen. Then some almost brand new ones come up with under 100 plays and then they list it for a loss. Maybe some of this were people hoping to flip it and make money but this game is crazy, maybe its COVID supply chain issues.

There just are so many games in the pipeline that people are buying and waiting for. FOMO sucks and I wish people could just buy what they want, see it play it and then decide. I think the hype train moves along so fast, I think of Stern Led Zeppelin no one talks about that game anymore. Godzilla has take and demand, people are waiting and maybe some of the future talk like James Bond will make people move on to the latest and greatest. People are still waiting for GNR's too and that is a long wait.

I think its a complete win if I get a game and I don't lose a few hundred dollars on it. It should be like a used car (pre-covid) you play it, it loses a little value.

I guess I just think in the end this game for someone who picks it up from someone now parting with it... will be the deal of the year.

Why couldn't this have been this way with Rick and Morty?

#760 2 years ago

Just so many pinballs competing for a buyers attention, it’s not impossible to believe waiting for a product for over a year someone would have second thoughts.

Godzillas seem to have flippers sales going on now. But those are games in hand not pre-sales or so it appears. I think a distributor or Stwrn would just cancel your order and resell it for Godzilla LE I would guess.

Maybe this gives buyers a pause in preorder ideas.

To say Kaneda is low balling the game effecting other sales, for God knows why, is not really true, clearly if you want to sell your CE you have to take a $1k loss now, for a BSE at least $500 and I would guess for the rare standard you like have to take a $500 hit too.

People just don’t want to be committed to $7k game for over a year when so far it has not wowed people. I mean it’s a pandemic too that has to have some people nervous too, lots of uncertainty out there and this game is not going to flip for a profit - sorry - likely ever.

Buy it because you like it. But preorder for a year to get your game, that sucks.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’re pre-sold, at least with deposits. This doesn’t affect Spooky at all in the short term. Now, if the reputation of these games doesn’t recover by the time their next game comes out…pre-orders will shrink to AMH levels. Not all people pre-order to flip, but they expect their games to BE GOOD & HOLD VALUE…that’s the “deal” for taking the risk. If Spooky games no longer offer that deal, pre-order is over.

I agree - a person shouldn’t lose money, if Spooky wants to save this game let people get a refund with a small restocking fee.

2 weeks later
#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Selling my spot for CE#196 if anyone wants to get in. $500 bucks.

Wow -

Machine - Pre-order Spot

Ultraman (Collectors Edition)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “Selling spot #196 for my Ultraman CE. This spot was purchased from Joe at Pinball Star. I paid $2060 for the spot and its yours for $500.

The spot will be transferred to you and...”

3 hours ago

South Burlington, VT

Pmaino

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 210.00
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.