(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebeefsupreme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I got a request for payment on CE 108 and will be sending payment this week.

Are you direct from Spooky? I am 95 direct and haven’t gotten the payment request yet. Really hoping I get this by Christmas.

#205 2 years ago

Just paid mine too!

1 week later
#430 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

CE #90 is in the house.
I had to crank the legs way up to get it to play how “I” like. Not sure what the preferred pitch is on it, but I like it running quick.
Kind of weird issue with the shooter rod not being long enough to push the ball all the way around on the plunge.
I’ll have to play with the springs and try to give it a little extra space.[quoted image]

Congrats! I’m 95 and paid up as of last week. Did you get an email or any kind of communication when it shipped, for tracking?

1 week later
#506 2 years ago

I’m #95, I actually emailed Spooky today since it’s been over two weeks since I paid. They let me know it will be ready soon due to having to wait on some parts. I’ll be a little bummed if I don’t get it before Christmas since it seemed like I would but overall I guess it’s not that big of a deal.

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hoping for a Xmas miracle and Ultra Man shipping out tomorrow

Ha I’ve been all over the board with expectations. Most recently, when it was posted last week that the games were all being boxed up I figured they would be heading out the door but looks like maybe not. Hoping it at least arrives before New Years.

#555 2 years ago

95 has shipped. You are next Mando!

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Excellent , probably get it early next week then. Good enough I guess but it would have been cool to open it on Xmas lol .
Thanks for checking !

You may get it sooner. Mine shipped out yesterday afternoon and is arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately I won’t be able to bring it in until next Wednesday because another pin is in that spot

#599 2 years ago

I got too excited and decided to unbox tonight and get a few games in. Here are some very early thoughts.

Pros:
-The artwork is amazing. I’m bummed that beautiful side art is going to be hidden in a line of pins
-shoots very well. Flipper power feels right and shots are satisfying. I really like that left orbit
-some cool lighting effects. I never felt blinded in anyway by the lights

Cons:
-Holy crap that inner-screen size has to go. Someone may have convinced themselves they like it but it’s terrible and makes the whole game feel cheaper. The font needs to be fixed to.
-Code needs to keep progressing. I don’t feel there was a lot to do and a lot of shots just felt like I wasn’t making progress toward anything
-event synchronization. When I’m in a battle I don’t really feel I am because it didn’t seem like hitting shots results in specific visuals or callouts. Perhaps I just missed them though and will find that with more play.

Pro or con?
The subway exits at the flippers. I currently don’t like these because after I hit a scoop I want to look up and see the display to know if I started and event or got some kind of reward. When I do that I tend to miss the quick flash at the slings and the ball just drains. I don’t want to have to stare down there all the time. This is different and I may grow used to it and like having the clean feed, but for now it is annoying me, haha.

I would say I’m currently underwhelmed and a little nervous, but hopeful Spooky will pull through!

#607 2 years ago

Anyone else’s ramps come really scratched up?

38DE72C9-54D1-4FEF-A6B7-6A06C15B32A4 (resized).jpeg38DE72C9-54D1-4FEF-A6B7-6A06C15B32A4 (resized).jpeg
#636 2 years ago

I’ll reach out to see if they can do anything about the ramps, but I won’t get my hopes up. I’m also getting a ton of rejects from the middle ramp. There isn’t a some kind of post or something that blocks that off at some point is there? I don’t see one but the rejects are so frequent. I have clean shots that go straight up and then fly back at me. I’m wondering if they are popping up and hitting the plastic.

I’m also getting the ball search at the scoop consistently.

Ha my game also shipped with a ball inside of it which was banging around when I moved it. That’s actually the reason I unboxed it early, I heard something knocking around in there and wanted to know what it was. The coin box was turn sideways too since it wasn’t locked down and I had to lift the playfield a bit just to get it back to normal. It was wedged up against other parts.

#639 2 years ago

Ha chill out guys, I’m not trying to attack spooky. You are allowed to love it and anyone who does not is definitely a flipper, I checked

I was genuinely asking about middle ramp deflects. It’s not a case where it’s steep and the ball lacks momentum, it’s going up there hard and clean but hitting something at the top and forcing back. I have to assume it the plastic overhead? Has anyone else had that issue and been able to adjust. I like the way the game is playing at my current pitch but I supposed I can mess with that if not.

#642 2 years ago

Alright alright I’m starting to come around! First few days weren’t great but just got another 10 games or so and I’m starting to warm up to it. Getting better at the pretzel shot but man that final ramp is tough to hit once the drop goes down.

If anyone is located somewhat nearby and want to come shoot the game a few times, you are welcome to come try it out. Ha not until after Christmas though of course.

#715 2 years ago

Thanks for that explanation. A few of those components like UM health I had no idea how they work. Is there some kind of full rules explanation that can just be updated with code releases? I feel a lot of the potential fun in this game might be being missed because some of us aren’t sure what to do.

I usually look up the rules when I get a new game to understand all the basics but I can’t find them for UM.

#798 2 years ago

Niiiiice!!!

#847 2 years ago

I’m not sure if I understand the Pigmon modes? Is it the orbits that qualify those? The directions on the apron sound like it’s describing the battles but I thought those were different.

#860 2 years ago

I didn’t put it in the coin door, I put it in the board behind the speaker panel. Under the update notes there is a link in the next game around how to update. It’s a video. I think it’s for R&M

#865 2 years ago

Just got to Dada for the first time but didn’t beat them. Very cool mode. Beat two kaiju battles and Jirahs on the way. I’m a terrible player but this game does get way more fun when you get rolling. I think this could be great if they keep pushing forward.

I will say that I had guests over during the holidays and they got very frustrated by the way the ball would drain after coming off the lifts. I’m mostly used to it now but his seems terrible for location play.

1 week later
#954 2 years ago

My four year old had his best game going at about 7M when the ball got stuck again on the flap over the left inlane lift. Tilted out just trying to get it loose. Doesn’t look like it is raised at all so I’m not sure why it is happening. I recall seeing someone else post about that issue earlier so I’ll check back.

I haven’t really played this at all since last update but my son seems to like it, so that’s something haha

#1101 2 years ago

I don’t want to break the conversation here so I suppose I can threaten someone or something like that buuuuuuut, anyone have any specific gameplay strategies yet for this?

I believe it will continue to improve but in the meantime I would like to set some goals for my own play to hopefully boost engagement. I’ve just been clearing the drops and then starting Jirahs so that I’ll automatically start a battle if it falls down. That takes away my pick of battle but I’m not sure if certain battles are better than others, kinda like how the state of my power ups/multi-ball prep will determine which battle I select in DP. Anyone have Kaiju fight preferences? If all goes well I start the next easiest battle in hopes of then getting to Dada which I have a bad streak of instantly draining on. I haven’t much been aiming for the left side scoops since I typically end up just bouncing in there anyway.

#1125 2 years ago

Am I correct that battles don’t save any progress? It seems like you need to hit all the shots and then end in the scoop but if you drain trying to hit the scoop then you have to start the whole process from the start on the next ball? Ha my scoop rejects so much that I usually try to hit to the second playfield and let it fall down but it gets pretty frustrating. I do wish you could hold battle progress like GZ or DP. If this is a setting or how it’s already supposed to be working then maybe I’m just thinking about it wrong. I guess some people find this game easy but I get a lot of really quick drains to the out lanes

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I don't have the game yet but with only a lucky 100 people out there that do have it, all most of us have are streams and video's to watch. Here's a pretty good one with great clarity. Watch starting about 34 min in, he's up on the 2nd playfield, some mode is going on (not sure which one) but he's a decent player and he's constantly nailing the drop target and stand up targets over and over, the screen is staying the same, absolutely nothing is happening.. maybe he's supposed to just let it drop down? but maybe if he's hitting all the shots then another mode should start? as it is right now? It's definitely a limbo. Thanks for explaining what to do, not sure where you read that or if instinctively just figured it out? but I'd much rather see a theme integration with the video, a more cinematic experience where when you hit something, things are happening as you do them and there's gratification from sounds, shaker & dmd using the assets of the game. I do think that this is code and with what's already there? It's a no brainer that something can be done much better and if anyone else has any ideas? Please post them! I hope some things improve soon in this area. Thanks

I didn’t watch the video but he might be in the Jirahs mode which is mostly tied to the third playfield to hit the spinners. The second playfield will have the stand ups green to heal UM if you are missing health but there is nothing to do there otherwise. I believe in the mode you need to alternate spinner hits or you will do dmg to yourself, which is where the healing comes in. It is pretty clunky because it’s so hard to control the ball at all up there.

The mode in the second playfield would be Bemular where you will have to hit the red shots to advance. You can’t be in Jirahs and Bemular at the same time but you can have a Kaiju battle going with them.

Hoping they get a good rules chart or document soon as it will help clarify a lot.

1 week later
#1227 2 years ago

I realize I did not actually check if it was in the last code update and I’m guessing not, but I feel this game really needs mode memory. When I play a battle and hit all the shots and then drain on the last one, only to have to start over the next ball, it gets pretty annoying. I think this is one of the reasons I will only play a game or two of this each week, it doesn’t ever feel like I’m getting anywhere or seeing anything different.

I also think getting to the playfield in Jirahs after the first should automatically do a small amount of dmg as I have had games where I get up there about 5 times and the ball never even gets to the flipper because it just falls down. Would be nice to feel like I was making slight progress. I know you need to alternate spinners but it would be good if every time you got back up there you could start with a shot to either to make it less of a grind. It should be hard but it is walking a tight line with tedious and frustrating. I will say, when you get rolling on that playfield and get across the bridge to start that multi ball, it’s an awesome moment.

#1234 2 years ago

I know this thread is only to complain about UM or complain about those who complain about UM but I’m wondering if anyone else is getting the same issue. If I complete Jirahs while I’m in a battle, the scoop will light blue as I continue the normal battle. But, if I ever shoot into it, the ball will sit until ball search is activated. I always go for Jirahs so I had this happen multiple times in the five or so games I played tonight. Not sure if it’s a known bug or just my luck.

Also holy crap, for and “easy” battle, where does gamora end? I did the drops then shot across the bridge, the sets of targets, ramp again, and drained on more targets.

1 week later
#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

127 is landing at my house on Wednesday.
I was playing Godzilla with my 2-year-old, and she saw Jet Jaguar on the LCD and yelled "FIGHTER MAN!" (which could mean Spider-Man or Iron Man lol). I think she's going to be excited to see Ultraman. She loves monsters & superheroes. Looking forward to the names she comes up with for the UM characters...she calls Godzilla "Green Horsie" and Mecha GZ "Robot Horsie"

Ha my 4 year old son loves UM. To be honest I don’t enjoy playing it but it’s his favorite game. I may in time thank him for convincing me to keep it around for a while.

#1312 2 years ago

I came out of my office today and saw my son asked my wife to help him make his own Ultraman pinball so he could play whenever he wanted. I thought some of the Spooky folks might get a kick out of this. We usually let him only play a game a day on the real one and he always “accidentally” starts a four-player game.

6C7D2EFC-EADB-4663-9F57-AA3BD779C16F (resized).jpeg6C7D2EFC-EADB-4663-9F57-AA3BD779C16F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1364 2 years ago

Weird bug, my son is playing and the multiball just keeps going and ejecting new balls whenever he drains. Not sure how he got into this but it’s been like a 10 minute multiball with a whoooooole lot of drains.

2 weeks later
#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-The new Timer on Jirahs mode has GOT to go. It was already a "Health Bar" mode, so a timer is redundant....but the big problem is that the timer doesn't stop when the ball is in a scoop. So if you have a few scoop-to-lifter moments, you get boned out of the mode before you even have a chance to do anything. The timer keeps running if you're in the Spacium Store! Please remove this timer. Hate it. Thank you!

I’m with you on that. I want tweaks to that mode so it’s not such a grind but I don’t think a timer was the answer. I would have much preferred what Bug mentioned on the stream about maybe making it so certain shots power up the spinner on the top playfield so you are still making progress even if you are elsewhere. Very often I get up to the top playfield and the ball drains down before I can even get a shot. The timer makes that way more frustrating.

I also really want a mode memory option. Getting most of the way through a fight and then having to start all over if I drain is the thing the makes me walk away from the game the quickest.

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:[quoted image]

Is that outgoing? I had thought you already had one.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Was SOOO tempted to buy the $7995 CE with Butter cabinet that is local to me. Luckily someone else bought it first to remove the temptation.

That was a pretty insane deal. I was surprised how quickly he dropped the price down.

1 week later
#1591 2 years ago

Pleeeeeease option for mode memory. The battles feel really long and are really frustrating to have to start over. Gamora is an “easy” mode but I believe it takes about 13 shots: 3 drops, middle ramp, drop, across the bridge, two targets, ramp, two more targets, ramp, scoop. Ha I hope I’m calling that right but I rarely get through all of it. I just never feel like I’m getting anywhere in this game so I usually walk away quickly.

#1601 2 years ago

Well, even at $7,700 I had zero takers so I guess I’m riding this Ultraman train a bit longer. Game still has a lot of potential, I just wish the improvements weren’t so unbelievably slow to roll out.

#1613 2 years ago

I’ll also throw it out there that I have had zero issues with my game out of the box as well. There were some ball search occurrences that were code related but I’ve never even had to take the glass off because something went wrong. Only potential big opportunity I’m thinking of tackling is the leveling of my 3rd playfield as I think it maybe a bit out of sync with my main playfield and that’s maybe what’s been causing some annoyances there. I’m not sure there is something wrong there but I’m going to check it out one night this week to see if it makes gameplay better.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm tempted on buying yours....just can't quite pull the trigger. I know it's not my style of gameplay, but would like to be along for the code-update-ride, and also try something completely different. Hoping someone buys it soon to take the option away from me.

Ha I actually pulled the ad. I still know I’ll sell it at some point in the future but I actually had some fun with it the other night and my son still loves it. Absolutely a lot of work to be done but certain moments, like when you beat the Jirahs mode, are pretty awesome. If the code get a bit better and you decide you want one, just shoot me a message. I’ll be at an overflow of one game anyway haha.

3 weeks later
#1740 2 years ago

Anyone else have this top post come out? I tried to screw it back in but it won’t fit snug. There is a bit of space and I just can’t get it to sit down any farther. Not sure if there was a nut or something under to hold in place. I emailed spooky first a few days ago but no response. Trying to ask around before pulling the top playfield off

349A7534-DA16-4C53-9BC0-E09571E74F4E (resized).jpeg349A7534-DA16-4C53-9BC0-E09571E74F4E (resized).jpeg
#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Did you try to put a piece of a toothpick in the hole?

To check the depth of the hole or to buff the space so that it fits tighter? I thought of doing the trick of toothpicks with a tiny bit of wood filler but had never done that one a playfield and was second guessing myself.

#1766 2 years ago

Fixed my post problem. Toothpicks and a little wood glue did the trick and now it actually feels much easier to do the pretzel so maybe the post was sticking out at first. Thanks everyone who gave tips.

Really hoping new code drops soon with a mode memory option and a fix for the Jirahs mode. For Jirahs I’m hoping the timer stalls any time the ball is not in play and potentially ditching the UM health portion and making the stand ups add time. Like 3 seconds each so that if you drop from the top you get that chance to save yourself lost time getting back up there. I can’t get to it since the code change but prior to it, the end of the Jirahs mode is one of the coolest recent moments in pinball. That was when I first thought, oh this game is pretty cool. There is already so little I feel like I accomplish while playing this game that I hate to have the few great moments now also frustrating to reach. Difficult is fine but running the timer down while the ball is sitting in a scoop is just frustrating. I have to assume that is something that they are planning on changing but these multiple month stretches between very small updates are rough.

3 weeks later
#1943 1 year ago

I just got Pigmon multiball but I have no idea how. What qualifies that?

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought it was two? Anyone know for sure?

Two sounds right, I know I had beaten two but I don’t think I beat three.

#1985 1 year ago

AAAAAH still with the Jirahs timer running while in the scoop. That mode and the end of it were my favorite part of the game but is now just annoying. I lose a minimum of 10 seconds while I’m just trying to select the first battle and move on but the game is beepin and boopin at me while the ball goes on a side quest and precious seconds are wasting. I don’t understand how that could possibly be seen as a good idea. Make the timer less if you must but have it pause when the player is not in control. But alas, I guess this game is just not for me.

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

One of two games that wouldn't fit in my SUV. That and a Pistol Poker. Never had a problem with a Stern, Bally, Williams or JJP, but Spooky seemed a big higher for some reason.

Was it the actual size of the game or just the fact that Eddie and I wrapped the absolute crap out of it. That thing had like 4 layers of protection haha.

I will say as far as the doorway goes, I have under 30” of horizontal clearance and I got the game through. I think it’s just a hair over 29” if I remember correctly.

2 weeks later
#2240 1 year ago

Whether you love or hate this game, you are right. I personally did not enjoy it but it’s great to see that others do. Even though it’s not my style, I would love to see success from different types of games so that all new release don’t become cookie-cutter copies. Ha, you all aren’t going to convince each other that it’s good or bad, it’s subjective.

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Dumb question but how do you know if you have the 'butter' cabinet? Thanks.

Ha, you do not

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebeefsupreme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.