(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sandman454.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 2 years ago

To be honest. If I had know Godzilla was going to be released and I could already have my premium home and playing it, i would not have ordered Ultraman. Which is only#89 but this doesn’t help when In Australia, as we have to wait for them all to be done and shipped or something along those lines even when we have arranged our own transport. Godzilla is already here.
I would much prefer to have a game and playing it than having to wait months and months on end with no time line on when it will be done.
With that being said I cant afford both and have no intention of selling Ultraman. So I must frustratingly wait. But I can definitely see why people are wanting to bail and with code being not to good yet with bugs. I know it will become great.

2 weeks later
#492 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I do have a supplier wanting to do it I'll check and see how he's coming on it!

Nice. As this was a request I had asked about and was hoping for as well.
Thanks.

1 week later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Same day batch with the others!
101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 all were completed yesterday and QC cleared today. Most won't be boxed until tomorrow though!
[quoted image]

Any idea on when you maybe doing the Aussie batch.

1 month later
#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Seriously.
Actually *playing pinball* has become a secondary consideration for a lot of people over the last couple of years.
In between mentally ill podcasters, $20,000 dodgy broken High Speeds, NIB flippers - actually playing pinball is the furthest from a lot of people’s minds.
As is seen regularly in the Marketplace …
“For sale - ***** LE - 127 plays since new …”
Ludicrous.
rd

I know it’s like not banging your girlfriend and saving her for the next bloke.

4 weeks later
#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

who is getting an Ultraman in Australia ??

Yep. I have one on order. Just waiting patiently.
Is #89 kind of sucks having to wait so long even thought Spooky have long passed that order number and then the shipping times.

#1379 2 years ago

Arh nice, I'm #86 for a CE, supposedly our builds are coming up shortly...I wonder how many are coming in to AUSTRALIA....

Yeah. Would be interesting to know many numbers of Halloween and Ultraman that are coMing to Australia.

1 month later
#1663 2 years ago

Any idea when the Australian builds are going to be built or ready to ship??

That question even by email always falls on deaf ears.
Well hopefully all the Quality Control issues are sorted prior to shipping to Aus and we are not required to remedy too much.

2 months later
#2305 1 year ago

I am number #89 and still waiting patiently as will all the Aussie and NZ orders. So hopefully we get an email soon as we also have shipping delays to contend with. Could take an extra 6-10 weeks once it leaves their factory

Quoted from Giebzilla:

For all of you getting a standard edition I think you are getting close. I Am #311 (CE edition, no butter cabinet) and it was shipped from Benton yesterday and should be in Arizona next Tuesday!!!

3 weeks later
#2542 1 year ago

Yay!!
Finally got my email for Butter cab request. Not going butter as some delays and I would miss shipping to OZ.
So for the other guys from Australia you should also be getting your email too.
Now I am excited again.

#2548 1 year ago

Would love to do butter. As the artwork is amazing. But then I would have to arrange my own shipping to Australia. As I have already looked in to that it was close to $2000AUD and another $1465AUD for butter it’s getting way up there. Almost $3500 extra. Not really worth that much to just have Butter.
Oh well.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Oh man, the butter cab is the moat beautiful thing going on now in pinball.
The Ultraman artwork is the most beautiful artwork on a game in a long time.
If you are paying all that money you may want to reconsider and keep the butter, mine is a keeper based on that alone.
cheers

#2575 1 year ago

Hi all.
Finally going to get my Ultraman.
Is there a list of must haves in this one. Fuses req, Are Titans needed etc. any other tidbits of help.

Thanks in Advance.

3 months later
#3061 1 year ago

This is definitely not good enough. The quality control seems to be lacking in these pins. Seems like a mixed bag of luck.
This is definitely poor on the part of Spooky. Not everyone has the tools, equipment or know how in to fix all the issues that have been arising. Good luck if you are overseas and need a part or help or repairs done.
More out of pocket money to have an expensive pinball tech come out to fix up a machine that should be working and not have all these issues.
In saying that I am still looking forward to finally receiving mine. However a little apprehensive as if I need to fix shit or mess around too much with it. It will just sit there until I get the time. Could be months. And expensive dust collector I am for seeing at the moment

Quoted from Lounge:

I had trouble out of the box and had to replace my ‘pintaur’ board. Make sure the plugs are all seated - I had a few that were a little loose.
As per my email convo with Spooky Svc, the 48V circuit is only active in coil test or during a game. No interlock switch needed. Found this out when I fired up the new ‘pintaur’ board and saw the 48v circuit led not lit.
Finally, have a look at all the wires in the connectors. There are a bunch on the board. Mine had a ton of mediocre crimps that pulled out with the slightest of pressure.
[quoted image]

#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No one should be buying pinball machines from any manufacturer if they don’t want to work on them. All pins break all the time.

Yeah I understand that. But buying from new with as many faults poor choice in materials and shoddy
Workmanship is unacceptable for the price paid. If you new car had this many faults pretty sure you wouldn’t be happy. Or a new TV Cinema set up etc. you would be asking for a replacement. New lounge suite that was coming apart at the Sri hi g and frame buckled. Reclining Mechanism not working. Pretty sure you wouldn’t won’t to be fixing them yourself.

#3066 1 year ago

Ain’t that the truth.
But from a new pin, apart from a couple of set up, a couple of tweaks and some basic cleaning and maintenance it should be smooth sailing for many many games.
But this is not the case here.
I just think they can do better and should do better. Hopefully their next one will show this. I don’t think it is asking too much of a company that wants my hard earned.
I have pins over 20years old and run and operate smoothly without so much as lifting the glass but for only a clean and wax. So there is something in it to say about quality control and material selection.

Quoted from Riefepeters:

As much as I hate to admit…truth.

#3067 1 year ago

Well that is an upside from purchasing through Spooky for sure.

blockquote cite="#7185577">You probably already know this, but it’s not just spooky with NIB issues. I’ve had NIB issues with AP and Stern. Personally I’ve had the most issues with Stern NIB because they WILL NOT help you at all from a customer service perspective. At least both AP and Spooky will treat you like a VIP person and help you out…but those are just my experiences.

1 month later
#3284 1 year ago

I received my Ultraman down here in Oz.
Some minor adjustments required only to top roll over switches with ball hang ups.
I put about 100 plays on it and felt something was missing. Speed!
So I made some adjustments and much better. Can still be a little slow at times but that happens on all machines. Approx 400 or so games on it now. But just my 2 cents worth.

I know there is new code coming.
Also felt like the the loops are hard but you should be rewarded.
Double points for double loops shots
Triple point for triple loop shots and So on. I have only ever really hit a double. Maybe this already happens but would be good to have a call out.
I would like to see the loop shots add up. So each 5 loop shots increases combo scoring and say at 20 loop shots super combo mode. Timed mode for super combos or add a ball combos.
Could do similar with ramps. Say 50 ramp shots total could equal extra ball. But have to knock down 3 standups then head quarters standup and then across the runway. Ball holds. New ball shoots out. Get back to head quarters and shoot drop down and the across runway to get extra ball plus 2 ball multi with ball locked on runway. Both balls drop.

Or so many ramp shots will reset the super skill shot ball hold to green. Even If you got the super skill shot at the start and it had been used.

And then after so many ramps and loops have been made together maybe a mini wizard mode.
Not sure if this suits but I think soMething extra needs to be there.
Even Baltan timed add a ball multi ball.30 seconds to shoot lit baltans or 3 at start and ball added when you hit lit scoop. Until 30 secs is over then you continue with what balls you got extra with extra points
for hitting Baltan scoops or targets.
Who knows. Maybe I am just rambling
But so far the game is great. And can’t wait for more code.

#3285 1 year ago

Or evey 3 to 5 loops collects a Science patrol membernand when all collected a science patrol multiball stayed by hitting Science patrol skill shot.

Quoted from Sandman454:

I received my Ultraman down here in Oz.
Some minor adjustments required only to top roll over switches with ball hang ups.
I put about 100 plays on it and felt something was missing. Speed!
So I made some adjustments and much better. Can still be a little slow at times but that happens on all machines. Approx 400 or so games on it now. But just my 2 cents worth.
I know there is new code coming.
Also felt like the the loops are hard but you should be rewarded.
Double points for double loops shots
Triple point for triple loop shots and So on. I have only ever really hit a double. Maybe this already happens but would be good to have a call out.
I would like to see the loop shots add up. So each 5 loop shots increases combo scoring and say at 20 loop shots super combo mode. Timed mode for super combos or add a ball combos.
Could do similar with ramps. Say 50 ramp shots total could equal extra ball. But have to knock down 3 standups then head quarters standup and then across the runway. Ball holds. New ball shoots out. Get back to head quarters and shoot drop down and the across runway to get extra ball plus 2 ball multi with ball locked on runway. Both balls drop.
Or so many ramp shots will reset the super skill shot ball hold to green. Even If you got the super skill shot at the start and it had been used.
And then after so many ramps and loops have been made together maybe a mini wizard mode.
Not sure if this suits but I think soMething extra needs to be there.
Even Baltan timed add a ball multi ball.30 seconds to shoot lit baltans or 3 at start and ball added when you hit lit scoop. Until 30 secs is over then you continue with what balls you got extra with extra points
for hitting Baltan scoops or targets.
Who knows. Maybe I am just rambling
But so far the game is great. And can’t wait for more code.

#3289 1 year ago

No. I just suggesting g something should be done with total loop shots. It is fun hitting 2,3 ,4 loops at that speed.
I would like to see Science patrol member collected though after so many ‘lit’ loops. And if you could select which member it changes play a little on which shots to get more points or soMething.
I am no coder just a regular player that ordered a UM unseen and put faith in Spooky, and it is only a suggestion just like the many others that have been posted at some poiNt. As I find it is definitely missing something in this area. And I am sure the new code will rectify and alleviate a lot of the lacking areas. But that’s just me and each to their own.

In the early stages.

Quoted from rotordave:

Are you saying if you flail away and hit 5 unlit loops you should get something?
Sounds like Dwight code.
“Aahhhh if you stand on your left leg then hit the right orbit ahhhh then change legs then hit the other orbit ahhhh you get 40x scoring ahhhh but nothing is shown on the screen ahhhh smash the lockdown bar to collect ahhhhhh but no idea what you’re collecting ahhhh you’re just supposed to figure this shit out by yourself ahhhhhh”
Lol
I’ve had a couple of good sessions on UM and HW and I’ve come up with some good (well, we think they’re good…) ideas we would like to implement.
It will take a few months but there’s a shitload of work going on behind the scenes to make both these games awesome.
rd

7 months later
#4292 9 months ago

Wooohoo!

Thanks Spooky Team

Quoted from lpeters82:

NEW CODE!!! We have some exciting updates to share with all Halloween and Ultraman: Kaiju Rumble pinball owners! The latest 1.12 code updates are now live on our website: https://www.spookypinball.com. This code features new assets and additional polish to both games.
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sandman454.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=sandman454 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.