(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

But the second pinside ad called it a “heap”….I am guessing if you route this game it is particularly bad.

That guy hasn’t even got the game.

He seems to have his panties in a twist about the hype thread, for some reason.

Someone will grab it and make some money on it in a year.

rd

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Look though paid over $2k and selling the deposit for under $1k
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

I think we know who’s game that is.

rd

1 week later
#456 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Right now, HWN/UM ruleset looks a lot like LOTR

Make it LOTR2 …

LORD OF THE KAIJU!

rd

2 weeks later
#613 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Looks like the ranking cheapest is Kaneda's - his sale must have fallen through at $950, but there are a couple right behind that on price. This pinball if the code grows could end up being a deal.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

My buddy tried to buy that spot - didn’t get a reply to his message.

Draw your own conclusions I guess …

rd

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Hopefully not “Spooky Luke’s”. That would not be a good look. Still a spooky employee if not. [quoted image]

Your podcast is off the air for a day so you have to come here to stir shit?

Your facts aren’t even straight.

Quoted from BigBalls:

Either way it looks like a loss at this point. Could change down the road. There are not many games in this market today that are down in value. Most pins are skyrocketed.

This might come as a surprise to you … most people don’t buy pinball machines to flip them and make money.

Multiple people have massaged you about your fake sales listing. Either sell the game or remove the ad.

It’s Xmas time. Stop being an asshole on the internet and go spend time with your family.

rd

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

As for the game.. it IS different. The lifters ARE different. The ball hides on you sometimes. If you want the norm buy a stern

I honestly can’t work out why people can’t figure this out.

If you want a game that plays like a Stern - buy a f**king Stern!

It’s not rocket science.

This game is different. ACNC is different. Rick and Morty is different. Embrace the difference. Or don’t … Stern is happy to add you to the waiting list.

Quoted from smokinhos:

And the wait time for the ball to come back? What.. the ramps on GZ, AIQ, Hurricane (drink a full beer), oktoberfest, and soooo many others take the same amount of time to get to the flippers.

Again, exactly right!

I timed (on a stream) the time it took for the ball to go down a hole up top and come out the lifter. No difference to the time it takes to go around long ramps on other machines.

I presume it is some mental thing because people can’t see the ball? Must be.

I like the mode on ACNC where the aim is to actually hide the ball from view for a long period to increase score. Very clever.

rd

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I know you want to defend this game, but I think your timer is broken

To be fair - pretty sure the guy was playing lower (upper) playfield modes on the stream when I was timing it. This is when the game first came out and someone had posted “it takes a long time”.

Hey - maybe staging is possible. It would just depend if there are switches in that area.

It is funny to watch people play Rick and Morty and them losing the ball instantly when it flies out of the left staged ball area.

rd

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I know you want to defend this game

I appreciate it might come off like that …

I just like things that are a little different.

When my game shows up, if I don’t like it it’ll be out the door.

TnA was a cool game - but too similar to a lot of my older games, so out she went. No drama!

Same as Stern Star Wars and Deadpool. They have their fans, but for me Star Wars is just bad - Deadpool plays wayyy to long. So out they went!

Not every game is for everyone.

rd

#748 2 years ago

Email bugs or suggestions directly to them.

[email protected]

rd

3 weeks later
#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Fact, there will only be 500 Ultramans.
Fact, Charlie is the reason Ultraman pinball exists.
Fact, Charlie Owns Spooky Pinball.
Fact, Charlie is a super fan of Ultraman.
Fact, Spooky received full assets to Ultraman.

Fact, Charlie is the reason Godzilla pinball exists.

rd

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I had no idea you could play pinball on Pinside

Seriously.

Actually *playing pinball* has become a secondary consideration for a lot of people over the last couple of years.

In between mentally ill podcasters, $20,000 dodgy broken High Speeds, NIB flippers - actually playing pinball is the furthest from a lot of people’s minds.

As is seen regularly in the Marketplace …

“For sale - ***** LE - 127 plays since new …”

Ludicrous.

rd

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Didn’t you flip your early UM spot? Why didn’t you play it instead?

It went to a location in California. Spooky assigned me (as a dealer) a CE. With Spookys blessing, it was sold in the States - funds raised have gone towards buying a pinball location here in Auckland.

I already had a standard ordered. Looking forward to it arriving.

rd

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Are you putting a ridiculous amount of machines on location in Kiwiland? The wife and I have always wanted to visit...

You’ll have to wait and see. Don’t rush … could be a while ….

rd

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... proud dad moment over.

Tell me about it.

Danni beat me in the finals of the Southern Hemisphere Pinball Champs last weekend.

I’m sorta used to it now though. Dooooooh

rd

71595A87-D7A4-4124-9587-57A02B801BA9 (resized).jpeg71595A87-D7A4-4124-9587-57A02B801BA9 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just wondering why you’re testing springs half way through the production run - shouldn’t all of these problems surfaced during development and testing?

Shit happens. Springs stretch after hundreds of plays.

Ask Stern how many times they tested the Rush Scoop. Or the Metallica magnet grab mech. Or the XMen Nightcrawlers. Every release has some changes on the line.

rd

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So Borg works for Spooky?

Funny that all those games were Borg games.

Lots of others too - those are just ones on machines I have.

Ask me about my BM66 that arrived with the ramps not attached. And the cabinet that fell apart. Actually - don’t. I’ll get PTSD.

rd

1 week later
#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Countdown to my friends who hate this game texting me to tell me I'm a piece of shit lol.

#unfriend

rd

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s funny is, when I started in this hobby - the snobbery was all about B/W 90s pins, and Sterns were considered inferior in every way.

Yes, I was going to post this yesterday as a reply to your review.

It’s amazing how it’s turned around.

Remember in 2010 when Ironman came out, Clay did a video review and just ripped it to shreds. “There’s nothing here!! Just a piece of wood! Look at this! This is crap!!” I tried to find that video a while back but it seems to have disappeared.

I guess newbys only know Stern pins now. And every new model is so f**king hyped up … best game ever! … until the next one.

For me - yes, they make some great games. But they’re all very samey. All have the same feel … and most have very similar play. Most code is far too confusing for the average person. I’m happy to play them, but I don’t feel the need to buy them any more. I’ll just play my old ones.

rd

1 week later
#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I know a one of the top things on bugs list is modes will be considered complete when the mode shots are completed. You won't have to hit the scoop to finish but instead it will spawn a finishing hurry up!

That’s a good idea.

Make the timer a little slower than ACNC though!

rd

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Based on the photo I posted though, it does look like 3 fuses are out right? Cause the light isn’t green?

Is there a coin door interlock switch? (I don’t know if there is …)

If so, is the coin door closed?

rd

1 month later
#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hope that piece is plug and play cuz I sure as he'll don't wanna be dropping soder on the playfield.

It appears to be the light bulb from above the scoop.

Just popped out during shipping.

rd

3 weeks later
#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

One downside of not having titles on the backglass is for folks like me who can't fit the topper on. Minor issue but hope it's noted for future titles.

The BSE/Standard models have the logo on the backglass.

I’m sure Spooky will sell you one if you want one.

Removing the logo from the CE with the topper is an excellent decision. Nothing looks stupider than a pin with a name on a topper 4” above the same name on the backglass …

rd

2 weeks later
#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Dumb question I know but,
Why doesn't Spooky do pop bumpers?
I passed on Alice Cooper because it didn't have any and now Ultraman?

I’ll add my 10c …

Stern uses pop clusters to slow the ball for a while so people on location think they’re playing longer. Gary Stern (and employees) have said that a few times.

Unless pops have a purpose, then in my mind they are generally just a lazy way to use up playfield real estate.

Rick and Morty and Godzilla have clever uses of pops - of course borrowed from games from the 70s and 80s (particularly Gottliebs)

On my Led Zeppelin build I added a lower pop to add some risk/reward when you’re shooting the collect hole. It also adds some chaos to the lower part of the playfield. (Pic below)

On my new original design, you’ll see some other creative pop ideas come into play.

rd

B7D0AA74-308C-471F-8706-ABEDDABB501A (resized).jpegB7D0AA74-308C-471F-8706-ABEDDABB501A (resized).jpeg
#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty amazing! Who did your playfield?

I made it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme

That one was a re-gig of a 1976 machine.

This next one is totally made from scratch. Playfield, cabinet, everything. All hand made with Makita battery tools. Lol

rd

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kudos to Spooky for leading the way to a popless future!

I’ve said before, that’s why I like the Spooky games. They’re just different from the other cookie cutter stuff that’s out there.

I was playing Alice Cooper last night. All the modes are completely different to each other, and different from what other companies are doing.

And hey - that’s going to put them on the outer with some people, because they don’t like anything “outside the norm”. Flail away on a Stern and after 5 minutes, you’ll have a bunch of points. Flail away on ACNC, and unless you start a mode or a MB, you will have NO POINTS. And some peoples egos don’t like that.

rd

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I also like what Iron Maiden did with the pops.

You mean stealing them from Congo and reversing them?

rd

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It is what makes the game unique. Go buy a Stern. Every ramp will return neatly to your flipper with no risk or excitement.

Pinball enthusiasts: “We want something different!!”

Ahhhh no. You don’t. You want the same shit recycled over and over with the same lame man-child licences. Over and over again. Zzzzz

rd

1 week later
#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

and not similar to radcals

They’re not.

Butter cabinets are direct printed onto the wood. Same as how playfields are made now.

Then clear coated over the top.

rd

1 week later
#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

plunger - Not sure if it's off center or the spring is just too weak, but

It’s possible for plungers to move in transport (or of course not have been set up 100%)

Have a look at how the rubber tip is hitting the ball. It should hit it smack in the centre. Too low, the ball will get airbourne a little, too high it forces it downwards - left or right it’ll smack it into the guide rails. Wants to be spot on in the centre. Make sure it’s not hitting the forks of the auto plunger.

To adjust, undo the screws slightly on the plunger (inside of the cabinet) and you can move it around a little to square it up. Don’t scratch your butter.

When you’re happy with how it’s hitting the ball, tighten it all up and hopefully you’re set!

Re the sound - yes as the other poster said, just drop the master volume on the amp in the cabinet down a few notches.

rd

#2465 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Investigated closer and found the pin on the plunger link fell out.

Spooky said a week back that they’d been supplied a bad batch of plungers. Get in touch and they’ll sort you out.

rd

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane.

Sounds like a good opportunity for Spooky or a modder to make some bucks!

rd

1 week later
#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Look, it may be my aging eyes, but the font size and very low contrast of the labels on the new UI are almost illegible.

I’m finding all the new games are like this … I was scoring at a tournament yesterday, the new Sterns also have the tiny hard to see scores. Aerosmith is maybe the worst with its white on grey.

rd

#2636 1 year ago

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe they will do as they did with ACNC and save 100 of them for a later run when demand increases

Not quite the story ….

They had a few left from a distributor order - from memory only 12 to 20 games.

I went back and double checked to see if my memory was good.

rd
01107F39-59D5-474F-A40D-EDBCE2B08597 (resized).jpeg01107F39-59D5-474F-A40D-EDBCE2B08597 (resized).jpeg

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

ACNC is awesome.

Yes. Yes it is.

It has some of the best mode rules in pinball - all different.

Rather than cookie-cutter “shoot lit shots”. Snore.

rd

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can honestly say at this point that I believe it’s (ACNC) one of the best pins of all time.

One issue with low production games is most people never get to play them.

So it’s hard for the “awesomeness” to be experienced by the average dude.

Personally - I think with a couple of little playfield tweaks (orbits a little wider, ramps a little wider, maybe mystery hole combined with the secret passage) to make the game more accessible to the average player, it would definitely be up there on the top 10 lists. I watch people play mine at my tournaments, and I see some struggle to start anything.

The upper playfield is very good … I’m not an upper playfield (or lower playfield) guy, but ACNC is very good, with a number of shots.

And as discussed, the rules are up there with the best of them. Simple enough to understand … difficult to master. That’s the sweet spot for me.

rd

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I personally love the challenge of the tight shots

Oh, me too … but not everyone is us.

Thats one of the issues with RZ too - left orbit is pretty tight … if you can’t hit it, nothing happens.

“That game is crap! Nothing happens!”

Did you start a mode? Up the left side …

“No…”

With ACNC, Bruce on Slam Tilt was saying making the skill shots are the key to winning the game. Which shows me they ain’t starting any modes, because a 2m or 4m skillshot is absolute peanuts compared to a 60m point completed mode. Even an unfinished mode is worth good points.

rd.

1 month later
#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Only news was that Bug likes Halloween better.

But Charlie likes Ultraman better.

rd

2 months later
#3152 1 year ago

Interesting reading two totally different opinions in two straight posts …

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

the upper playfield is rewarding, getting over that bridge up top feels good every single time…

Quoted from jwilson:

I thought the upper playfields would be cool but all they do is take up space and offer limited playability

I guess at the end of the day upper playfields aren’t for everyone … just as some pins aren’t for everyone. Which is cool - everyone has different tastes.

rd

#3153 1 year ago

^^ funny - we both said the same thing at the same time.

As I’ve said before, I like games that are a little different. All the Sterns sort of merge into one after a while.

rd

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You Stern haters…hopeless. No, Stern games do not merge together.

I’m not a Stern hater. I got a big long line of them!

Of course there are exceptions. Like GZ (which I also have)

But largely:

- all the lower flippers and inlanes are identical. You can literally overlay the playfield pictures and they are all the same.

- non dangerous caged pop bumper clusters.

- all the shots are in the same place off the flipper. That’s why when you walk up to a new Stern you can start smashing it because all the shots are mostly the same.

- points for hitting anything on the playfield. Even when it’s not lit. Score board keeps ticking over.

- ball always returns to the flipper from ramps.

etc.

Hey, that’s all cool stuff!

But after 30+ years owning pinball machines, I want some different shit.

rd

3 weeks later
#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you on early code? Although I didn’t have those issues on early code…I wonder what could be different between our machines to cause those issues.

I’d suggest something mechanical …

- playfield angle too steep

- bushes too tight on the flipper bats

Shouldn’t have any fade after 30 mins.

I was testing on one yesterday for well over an hour and had no fade at all. Actually it probably had over two hours of play because others were playing it before I got there.

rd

#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Also felt like the the loops are hard but you should be rewarded.
Double points for double loops shots

Are you saying if you flail away and hit 5 unlit loops you should get something?

Sounds like Dwight code.

“Aahhhh if you stand on your left leg then hit the right orbit ahhhh then change legs then hit the other orbit ahhhh you get 40x scoring ahhhh but nothing is shown on the screen ahhhh smash the lockdown bar to collect ahhhhhh but no idea what you’re collecting ahhhh you’re just supposed to figure this shit out by yourself ahhhhhh”

Lol

I’ve had a couple of good sessions on UM and HW and I’ve come up with some good (well, we think they’re good…) ideas we would like to implement.

It will take a few months but there’s a shitload of work going on behind the scenes to make both these games awesome.

rd

1 week later
#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve had this thought when playing certain modes with green shots - but the lock shots are lit & also green. Visually, that’s sending the player a confusing message when green shots simultaneously mean different things

On the list!

Quoted from desertT1:

and currently there is a mixture of red and green. I get that from a real world perspective, but green is “lock” in pinball.

On the list!

I totally agree with all the above … locks should be green. Other things different colours.

One mode I played like everything was green. Much confuse!

Just a few little changes like these is going to make a big difference IMO.

rd

#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just joined the club and when I start a game I’m not able to choose my skill shot with the flippers.

Sounds like a switch on the playfield is active … killing the Skillshot.

Check around the playfield for a switch stuck on somewhere.

rd

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

This is just for Halloween. Luke stated a few weeks ago that Halloween would get an update first and Ultraman would be coming later.

^^^^^

This.

rd

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If this is true, I have huge Boo-boo Lip now.
RM

But why though? Nobody ever said UM code was coming.

It’s common knowledge that HW is due now, then UM will follow. Then the same pattern again. The love is shared evenly …

rd

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just hope that don’t forget about us Ultraman owners.

The guy who is doing the coding *owns* an Ultraman machine.

Rest assured - he wants it to be awesome, just like you do.

rd

#3348 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I actually enjoy the layout of the game and feel that with a ton of polish and massive code updates this game could be really really good

So do I.

rd

#3379 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Me reading the HWN thread:[quoted image]

Have no fear - the same stuff will be applied to UM next.

rd

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Honestly, I think the boardset change is yet another sh*t sandwich that the UM and HW owners have to eat. Instead of future spooky games building on this codeset, or future updates to the "standard features" coming to us, we will forever have this single game boardset and code that only Fawzma and the new New Zealand Coder (can't remember his name) have ever dealt with. We suffered by having a brand new boardset, and now we suffer because this will be an "orphan" boardset. The hits keep coming, i guess. We would have been better off with PROC. At least Ultraman is fun...

Not really.

The PC and everything is the same. The programming is the same.

The only thing that changed is the driver board under the playfield - and that’s down to supply issues. No other reasons. Spooky decided to make the investment and take it all in-house so they’d have a guaranteed supply.

DJ has stated they have a stack of Pinotaurs left for any repairs, and Longhorn Engineering in Texas will probably still be making them.

If you want to do more reading on the subject, search up Spooky_djs thread on it.

rd

1 week later
#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

When do we get a new code update?

Soon. After they do a quick bug fix on HW then UM is up again.

rd

3 weeks later
#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They never once said it would work. Ive read every post in both threads, not once did they say yes. We all speculated and hoped, but Spooky never said it would happen.

Exactly.

There’s a lot of revisionist history in this hobby. It’s crazy.

rd

1 week later
#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have Insurance on my guitar collection and the Insurance company could care less what the serial #s on the individual guitars are.

I have 100+ pinball machines insured - they know not one serial number. Neither do I.

rd

2 months later
#3902 12 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

And to compare UM to thunderbirds is ridiculous already.

Ludicrous.

New code is in testing now.

Why someone offical hasn’t been here to say that, I don’t know. But it is.

rd

1 week later
#3940 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve been pinballing for a long time. I feel like I know a bad game when I play one, and there are plenty of pins I’d never want to press start on again. I keep hitting start on Ultraman, and part of the reason is I REALLY like the modes. They ARE fun & cohesive. Finishing a Kaiju battle is extremely fun and rewarding IMO. I love trying to get all the Zarab shots in order. I love tracking down the hidden Dada shot. I love the various super jackpots from the top playfield bridge shot. I love getting to Pigmon, that mode is hilarious. Collecting the Science Patrol is fun. Shooting the middle target for Skill Shot, and then shooting between the two targets up the ramp is a super satisfying shot that I don’t think I’ve ever seen on a game before.
I’ve been selling games to make room for new stuff. UM is still here. I think it’s unique, fun and fresh. If they squash some bugs and polish a few things, I’m a happy camper. If anyone has the chance to buy the game for $6k in this market - that’s a bargain. Give it a shot.
All this being said - I understand anyone being skeptical of buying a Spooky at launch for financial reasons. As much as I love my TNA, R&M, and UM…I get it. Lots of competition out there for NIB prices.

Concur with all your points.

Also - as a guy who runs a lot of pinball events and talks to a lot of people at them - most people just want the same stuff over and over. They like how Sterns always return the ball to the flipper. They like the easy MBs. They want colour explosion artwork.

Unfortunately for those guys, Spooky games are a little too different, and they’ll never appreciate them.

One issue I’ve picked up though - and I’ve discussed with Matt - is the game currently lacks instructions on what to do. So, watching newbies step up to the game, they’re like “ummmmm ok - nothings happening” … and in these days of instant gratification, they just write the game off. Don’t even give it a second chance.

So I’m expecting to see that aspect of the game code showing improvement over the next few releases.

rd

#3941 11 months ago

And on that note … NZs big shipment of UM and HW finnnnallly arrived - after months of shipping delays, customs seizures and inspections, 4 boat cancellations… etc etc etc

Container arrived this morning - was unloaded and dispatched by lunchtime.

I delivered the first UM (well, outside of Matt’s one…) to world famous DJ Daryl, out of the box … I set it all set up for him and ready to go! Noice!

rd

IMG_3162 (resized).jpegIMG_3162 (resized).jpegIMG_3172 (resized).jpegIMG_3172 (resized).jpegIMG_3173 (resized).jpegIMG_3173 (resized).jpeg
#3948 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Isn’t it pretty much like any other game? Shoot what’s lit? Shoot something to qualify the mode shot? Shoot locks for MB?

Once you get going …yeah.

But at the start … some more instruction would be better.

“Select your skill shot with the flippers” “lock shot is worth way more” “drop centre target to access upper playfield” .. they could be appearing on the screen.

“Hit the ramp x times to access the xxx playfield!”

“Hit the ramp x times to light a mode!” Needs the “hit the wamps” guy from GZ lol. Nah, please not that guy.

Owners like the game once it’s in the home and they get some time on it ... whereas the casual player finds it hard to get into it.

That’s just my observation watching 30 people playing it for the first time during a 7 hour event a few weeks ago.

rd

#3954 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Its unlikely to recover and will only slightly raise in value of they can fix the code. That's a huge if. This game still lacks any sort of polish to the base code, which means it likely will never go beyond that. Competitors have tons of nuance in their code. We can't even get basic navigation, proper display, balanced sound or fully coded hardware. Don't forget about 3d printed parts and hot glue technology. By today's standards, it's a dumpster fire. The price reflects the state of the machine, and it's simply a massive disappointment and a good cash-in on fomo based almost purely on Rick and Morty's success. Never again.

- You’ll see those improvements in code over the next few updates.

- the UM I unboxed on Friday was one of the nicest finished NIB games I’ve ever seen. Went fully over the game before power up (the games have been in freight hell for almost 5 months ..) and everything was faultless. No problems so far with the 4/8 that have been delivered. (Touch wood!)

The problem these days is everyone is so “instant gratification” that things need to be pretty good at launch, or they’re just written off - which is hard to recover from.

Especially in the internet age. The amount of times people say to me “**** game is rubbish!” “Oh, where did you play that?” “I haven’t. I read it on Pinside” Ahhhh ok.

rd

#3976 11 months ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Plays perfect after that long 4 months leaving the factory. Family is enjoying it!!!

Great news!

So far, 7 of 8 have been delivered and set up .. and happy to report no issues at all so far.

The quality is great - playfields look like glass - cabinet art looks awesome - and they all play/work sweetly. Nice!!

rd
IMG_3201 (resized).jpegIMG_3201 (resized).jpeg

#4005 11 months ago

Stand by ….

rd

1 week later
#4038 11 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Buy these off of Amazon. The larger ones are great for cleaning orbits.
[quoted image]

Looks painful.

I use a cloth wrapped around a long flat blade screwdriver. Spray your Simple Green on the cloth, go to town. Gets under all the ramps and mini playfields on any game. Use a clean cloth to wipe off.

rd

2 weeks later
#4093 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nice, great update! Lots of great stuff in the ReadMe that I was hoping for! Thanks Luke, Bug, other Luke, and all other Lukes who might be Lukeing about!

And all the Matts.

rd

#4193 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I've noticed that if you do a light ball plunge, and it doesn't go all the way around. The skill shot is lost. Meaning, the shot disappears. Normal plunge gives you a chance for the skill shot.

Yes, that’s always been the way it is - on all the code versions I’ve played anyway. So you have to do some ball control when the ball comes down from the left loop.

rd

#4194 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Lol. But equally annoying is the constant audible hiss when the game is in attract mode/idle state.

Adjust your amp … turn down the master volume on the amp in the cabinet.

There are some amp settings key-posted in either this thread or the HW thread. Sounds like your volume knob is up too high.

Once the amp is set correctly, use the door controls for volume adjustments.

rd

Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/48#postbox

#4196 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yeah. I'll try to mess with the volumes some more. Thought I cranked the amp volumes down pretty far. Tough to tell the way the amp is situated in the cab. Knobs facing right. Lol.
Ok with the skill shot. Good to know. Thx.

On ACNC I unscrewed the amp and moved it.

I mounted it to the cross rail in the cabinet so it was easy to access while I was playing with port holes in the cabinet. Wouldn’t work if you have a coin box though.

rd

3 months later
#4484 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool

If you haven’t played it for a while, the code has developed and the balls come up a lot faster now. Basically as soon as they hit the optos.

Having staged balls there would be not ideal - the #1 issue with the game in my mates arcade is people don’t know the balls are coming up there. If they fired out instantly (with no delay and no light show) then it would be even worse.

rd

1 week later
#4510 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

how the hell Scooby, a widebody, is getting through the door...at least boxed.

The headbox on a wide body cabinet is the same size as usual. So, same overall width.

rd

4 months later
#4847 49 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:Has anyone been getting more crashes while in attract mode with the new update? It’s been happening about once a day.

Check the 5v voltage while the game is running … see where that is.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.