(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

#66 officially reporting to the club. Beautiful looking game, looking forward to new shooter rod and updated code. Keep up the great work spooky team. On location for everyone to play just south of Cincinnati in N Kentucky. Ecstatic to learn signature is real. Amazing touch guys.
[quoted image]

I made it down today and played a few games on Ultraman. The naysayers for Ultraman are just haters, the game plays great!

Awesome collection here, I was very excited to play so many CE games! Anyone traveling nearby should stop to check it out.

Left knowing that I 100% want my CE Ultraman, and that I want in on the TNA 2.0 run (damn, that game is awesome!).

3 months later
#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure why the autographed ones couldn’t be numbered.

It was covered awhile ago… It was a matter of scheduling, they could have numbered plaques without signatures, or signed plaques without numbers. Spooky went with the cooler option, signed plaques for all Ultraman machines (not just CE).

Charlie’s post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/3#post-6621591

3 months later
#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I've learned a big lesson on this one. I'm #350, so I've got a bit of time still, but I'm worried because the prices keep dropping and dropping. If the prices don't pick up by the time my invoice is due, then I'll highly consider walking away from my deposit.
I don't mind losing a bit value on the resale, but not like this. Right now, Ultraman CEs are not even worth 7k on the secondary market. That's a 2 thousand dollar loss before I've even picked up the game or had it shipped to me. I've never seen this kind of value loss on a game mid-run.
I didn't buy UM to flip, but I'll have to sell something to pay it's invoice. And it doesn’t make sense to do that if I'm gonna lose my shirt, and could just buy an UM later for even less. I might as well cut my losses and bite the 2k bullet now, rather than a 2.5k bullet later.
I guess it'll just depend on what things look like when my invoice is due, and how much I'm liking the pins I all ready have. I do think Ultraman looks fun, so we'll see.

Have you played one? I was getting worried (I’m #304, so getting close), but I found one from pballjunkie on the PinMap on location and loved it, came away knowing I still wanted my game. I recently was nearby and took the opportunity to put a few more games on it… yup, still love it!

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Could you please point the thread to fix the switch or where to buy the MRS switch?
My right right orbit switch tests fine but not always register correctly during gameplay.
That's about the only issue I had so far

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1772-mampm-creations

Sonic

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from deosil:

Wow can't believe we're already in the 300s. Know there will be a lull likely before the BSEs and then again with the SEs but it's amazing how fast the pace has picked up recently

Looks like there are also some butter cabs that got passed over…. I’m 304 w/butter and haven’t been notified it’s on the line (I’m assuming Pinball Star customers get this notice, too).

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go do your own googling. They’re not F’ing decals.

I’ll help with the Googling:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Emery

“Emery worked for Signcraft screen printing in Galena, IL from 1992-2013 before starting his pinball company.[5] Many of the techniques he learned have carried over to pinball, including direct printing to playfields and cabinets. “

1 week later
#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from kingau:

UMCE #291 checking in!
Got it yesterday, first time ordering from nitro pinball.
This is my Second spooky pin!
I love this machine, the shots, the layout, THE FLOW!... Spooky did it again!
Bug and team have done an amazing job, This game is going to be a classic.
Being a big Ultraman fan, This pin checks all the boxes... and the art is on another level.
Now I'm wondering if we're going to see Five Ultra brothers?

Butter?

RaM has two brothers, so five for UM would be funny!

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Anybody know how to contact Lanez Custom Steel? I ordered their powder coated shooter housing a couple weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Their contact us section of the website is broken.

I checked my order emails and they come from a “no reply” address and have no contact info (mine shipped a week after order and arrived in about a week, no issues).

Looks like they are responsive on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/lanezcustomsteel/?ref=page_internal

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Any chance you see a phone number or email on their Facebook page? I wonder if this is the company that is powdering all the spooky games.

I didn’t see a number, but if I recall correctly it was a guy who worked at Spooky who had a side business. Not sure if he still works at Spooky, but I believe he still does all their powder coating. Squirrel might be able to get you in touch.

I don’t have my game yet (#304, but I went for butter and haven’t received notice of it being on the line), but the shooter rod housing is really good looking.

1 week later
#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I would rather Spooky confirm this. Their original goal was to have all games made by the end of 2022 and that was before a few production delays that was out of their control. Now a distro is saying they are almost done with the largest % model and moving the BSE with 5 months left in the year. I’m not so sure about that.

Sounds too soon to me, too. kingau received UM #291 two weeks ago, which is the highest number I’ve seen and leaves >100 CEs left to build. I’m #304 and have not yet received notice that mine is on the line.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Spooky made a comment that they expect the games to be done by fall, over in the Halloween thread. Top of page 141.

Ohhh… Luke said they had some delay on butter cabs, that explains why mine hasn’t hit the line. Thanks!

1 week later
#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Our #307 supposedly just shipped out

You did butter, right? My butter #304 is shipping this week, too.

#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

yes butter, thru PinSTAR

Same… maybe our games are on the same truck

1 week later
#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah. I don't know if Spooky uses a crimping machine or hand crimps, but it seems to be an issue. Spooky, take your time, we will be fine.

Spooky introduced automated Molex crimping with HWN/UM… Photo is in their Facebook timeline:
Molex  (resized).jpegMolex (resized).jpeg

#2779 1 year ago

Yesterday’s has Ultraman Science Patrol communicators back in stock. I have one, and it is fun and high quality. These had been out of stock for a long time.

https://www.yesterdays.com/collections/ultraman

Ultraman (resized).pngUltraman (resized).png
#2781 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone has posted a DIY IPS upgrade:

Parts ordered:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WHG12V3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5DTGKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

3D printed brackets another Pinsider (sorry, couldn’t find the user name) posted on Thingverse (honestly, you could likely find a suitable bracket at any hardware store): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140450/files

Total cost ~$130
Total time ~20min

Parts:
38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg

Connect cable, then stick the PCBs to the back of the monitor using self-stick PCB standoffs:
5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg

To install, remove the lock, loosen the speakers (don’t need to remove, just run the nuts all the way to the end of the bolts), unplug the power and HDMI cable, remove monitor bolts, slide out existing monitor leaving the plexiglass behind. Slide in the new monitor and attach power and HDMI, then add brackets and reinstall monitor bolts, tighten speaker bolts, reinstall lock.

Before/after:
87A172CE-07D9-4CF9-981A-1EFB4C739CB4 (resized).jpeg87A172CE-07D9-4CF9-981A-1EFB4C739CB4 (resized).jpeg
399E5571-3612-4E27-A361-D134F998F825 (resized).jpeg399E5571-3612-4E27-A361-D134F998F825 (resized).jpeg

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

The after image looks brighter but the “free play” text looks harder to read.

Just my crappy camera work, it looks better after

2 weeks later
#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

no numbered plaque ? where do you find the game number and the code version number ?
thanks in advance

This is the plaque I added (and many others), looks great: https://www.ulekstore.com/Ultraman_Commemorative_Numbered_Plaque_p/ultra_plate.htm

2 months later
#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Received #415 yesterday.
Ultraman is right up there with my huge stable of modern Sterns.
Great job Spooky!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great… But how is it not next to Godzilla in your lineup? Kaiju corner!

1 month later
#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone have an issue in the spacium store where this happens? So, I have 4 spacium. I want to choose open headquarters for 3 spacium. It won't select it. I move to outlane save which also costs 3 spacium and it will let me purchase it and takes the spacium away. Perhaps the code thinks it is more than 4 spacium to get open headquarters, but is displaying the wrong cost?

Is headquarters already open? Are you in a mode where opening headquarters wouldn’t be available?

1 week later
#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Great info, thank you! Looking forward to getting the Pigmon mode, maybe it'll clear something up: My daughter was asking me why he is holding balloons, and I had no idea. Honestly I'd never heard of Ultraman until the game was announced, I just like comic book art, monsters, campiness, unique layouts, and Spooky games.

It’s a tracking ballon the Science Patrol attached to him.

Possibly the greatest tribute song ever:

2 weeks later
#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I’m open to suggestions so thanks for any input.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a ball get stuck in that same spot and just twisted up a bit of wire into a spring to keep it from happening:

6BF80257-3723-4508-8477-5DEA9A452A14 (resized).jpeg6BF80257-3723-4508-8477-5DEA9A452A14 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

As we get closer to the next update (thanks for your patience) I thought I'd do a quick behind-the-scenes post. I'm hoping to do a few more of these as the updates are released over the coming months, feel free to ask questions, and I'll address in a future post if I can (some things I can't talk about though - I'll do my best).
There's a lot to programming pinball machines, so I thought we'd go into that briefly with this update. What's the process, what tools do we use, and what does the Ultraman code look like from a high level.
First, lets talk about "regular" software development, which often all happens in the one environment. Normally you'd make a change, save, sometimes compile the code, check the result. Repeat. And repeat... Depending on the language and application there are tools to speed this up, and there are lots of clever folks out there continually improving things, sometimes you can even make a change "live" and everything is instant, that's the holy grail of development.
Pinball machines and other hardware devices bring another layer of complexity, in that you can only do so much on your development machine before you need to get it running on the actual hardware to really test it. The whole process isn't as quick and there are a LOT of moving parts and variables in a pinball. For a start, if something isn't working the first question is "is it physically broken, electrically or is the software?!" Oh boy. We have a lot of test cases where the machine is put into a certain state and we can quickly jump to testing something specific. We don't have to play through a real game to get to a multiball for example. After we make more changes we can re-run those tests and make sure we didn't accidentally break something that was working.
So, what's in the Ultraman code? Here's some stats:
- 17,549 individual files in the project, it's about 3.5 GB
- 1,637 files are videos and sounds
- the longest C# code file is currently the Zetton wizard mode at 2871 lines
See below for a photo of my desk, yes, four screens is probably excessive, but you gotta have at least three =). Unity on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, playfield with switches and keyboard shortcuts on the vertical screen on the right, project management and music on the top. Tools used include: Visual Studio (C# code), Unity (engine), Git (version control), Beyond Compare (check and copy things between projects), Trello (project management), Miro (diagrams), Photoshop (images), Shotcut (videos), lots of USB sticks for update files(!)
Hopefully that was of some interest, the next update is really coming along, and we're doing everything we can to get it done and tested and released as soon as possible. We've got a lot of cool improvements in the pipeline too as we all work to make the game as awesome as possible.
Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

Great post, and glad UltraMan is in good hands!

So, the 96 key… Is it a Kira? Looks nice!

3 months later
#4026 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Hey-o! Just wanna follow this thread…loooooved playing UM on location, brilliant/unique layout. Hoping to own one some day. Soon to be a Scooby owner (first NIB)…thanks!

Pick an UM up while the price is depressed. I’m an UM owner, so maybe my opinion is tainted, but UM is a lot of game for the current prices being listed. Code isn’t perfect, but it should sell for more than Austin Powers!

3 weeks later
#4148 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Hi, I just picked up an Ultraman CE #7. When I start Baltan Multi-ball, the game kicks out three balls into the shooter lane and then the auto plunger isn't strong enough to get them out of the shooter lane. It seems the game ends up putting all seven balls in play. I thought Baltan was a 3 ball Multi-ball.

I’d start with a switch test to see if you have one acting up.

2 months later
#4395 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

I have a rules question:
Could someone explain me how "Science Patrol Assist" works?
Rest of the rules are pretty clear, but this Science Patrol Assist still a total mistery to me.
Thanx!

Bug explains it well in the UM stream:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=planetexpress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.