(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johndeere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, you’re just accepting that a normal function is now broken? And it’s on me to go bother people to make this game work? Instead of it just working like all other USB updatable games since 2006?
Sorry, I do not accept this.
I’ve supported Spooky & would love to continue supporting Spooky, but I’m not going to be part of a Deeprootesque cult that gives them a pass for bad things. I’m a paying customer, not a cheerleader or influencer. As a customer, I will reasonably discuss things that are unreasonable about the product. If this is unacceptable & this thread is only meant to be a cheerleading exercise, perhaps Spooky will refund my deposit in good faith. You’ll never hear from me again, and you can have fun driving all over town looking for a PC to update your game.

Just dual boot a windows OS or use a friends computer for a second. Its just flashing a USB drive once in a while, you are acting like you have to do this every day or something. Take a breath, mac is a tiny portion of the home desktop market.

2 months later
#1299 2 years ago

Anyone know what number we are on? I am #212 and excited to join in.

2 weeks later
#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys we were doing some bug testing on the new uodate and decided to film it for ya! Found a couple during that we will patch up tomorrow and be releasing soon! Some big announcements in heren!

Watching now, super stoked for the progress guys this looks great.

2 weeks later
#1525 2 years ago

Anyone know the ration of Halloween:Ultraman pins being built?

4 weeks later
#1667 2 years ago

212 is so close now... MY DAY SHALL COME

3 weeks later
#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Godzilla art looks like Marvel Art. I don't get the love for it, at all.

Godzilla is an incredible game but I was very letdown by the art. Its not bad but one of his weaker art packages overall especially the pro. I still cant believe Ultraman was not the winner.

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Ultraman review posted to my blog. Details at the link!
https://thepinballloft.com/
[quoted image]

Love your review and the one you did about getting your JP. Thanks for the writeup

2 weeks later
#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Going to be joining the Ultraman group this weekend Really enjoyed the game at Pinfest. Will I like the game so much I will cancel my GZ order? I think they will look great beside each other in any case. Any suggested mods out there yet for the game? I think a speaker grill decal would look great, maybe I will see if Wizard Mods will put one together. Cheers.

I am planning on having both GZ and Ultraman together eventually. Make a nice monsterish line up with JP/GZ/UM.

#2028 1 year ago

I will 'hopefully' be picking my game up in a couple days from a shipment center and was wondering, has anyone moved the game in box laying down? I know they are shipped upright and have the tilt indicator to make sure it stayed upright but am worried about moving it standing up in a small enclosed trailer with straps. Also, anyone know which side of the box is the 'top' of the game? I would imagine if i did lie it down it should be lying with the glass facing up.

1 week later
#2089 1 year ago

Anyone know how to fix one of the inlane lifters not sitting flat? The right one is flat and the ball flows fine but the left sticks up a bit and is a bit ridged and makes the ball get stuck

02E97866-E2EE-483E-B222-ABB20BBC05E3 (resized).jpeg02E97866-E2EE-483E-B222-ABB20BBC05E3 (resized).jpeg
#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

[quoted image]

That did it! Thanks for the help. Otherwise game is playing flawless zero issues besides that small one that I had a feeling was just something a little too tight as it is a thin piece of metal. Everything shoots amazing and works well, once I have more games I could probably do a full review but first impressions are great I just may need to do some adjustments to the center ramp as I see what some others are saying about some rejects when trying to hit it backhand or if its not directly on. Also would love like others have suggested to keep progress between balls as an option. Without a doubt the best looking game I have seen and with the code progressing like it is this can easily be top 10.

image0 (2) (resized).jpegimage0 (2) (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2373 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, it sucks having the game be 15 miles away in a shipping center for a week and I can't just go pick it up. No help and no appropriate vehicle to just have them put the pallet into. I'd have to go unbox it and load it in my SUV....too much risk of damage. =F Friday can't get here soon enough.

Do you have a hitch on the SUV? Could just rent a small enclosed trailer and ratchet strap it down.

2 weeks later
#2635 1 year ago

Absolutely love the new UI, especially the kaiju alert screen on the left and the seismograph or whatever its called on the right. Also good call on changing around jirahs and having it carry over between balls. Game is really coming together, cant wait to see it continue

1 month later
#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Think I just have hit the 'To many toys' mark with my collection.
Still feel some new callouts and music would do a lot in certain parts of game.
Or how about some random callouts. Instead of " No more clones" something else to liven up the rinse
and repeat .

I am overall impressed and satisfied with the callouts and the style (more is always good of course) but the repeating 'no more clones' as I keep missing the correct scoop shot I would agree would be the first to expand on. Even as simple as just randomizing between 2-3 responses would be great nothing too crazy.

1 month later
#3000 1 year ago

Finally remembering to make this post for the second Ultraman CE I have received with review, yep my second. SO about 4 months back I picked up my Ultraman game from a shipping terminal, inspected the box and peeked inside etc, saw no issues. Drove it home and started the unload and noticed the art looked amazing, but not as shiny as I would expect for a butter cabinet (you probably see where this is going). So unfortunately because of some miscommunication or kaiju shenanigans my butter cabinet was not on the game I received unfortunately.

This was a pretty big bummer as I think Ultraman has the best damn art package on a pinball machine, you can fault some things surely but art is not one of them on this game. So I gave a call to Kingpin my distro and they started doing some research, confirmed it was a non-butter with spooky and said he would research options. At this point I cant imagine any option besides just refunding my 1k and frankly how could I complain. It would make it so I was not out any extra cost, paid for what I received and all parties would be balanced. What exactly other option do I have, its not like they are going to go pick up a huge pinball game from across the country, pay to ship it back, pay for a new one, eat the cost of reselling my game as a show game or similar and pay to ship a butter cabinet when mine is working perfectly fine. But that's exactly what they did.

Morgan and Kingpin worked together to let me use my first ultraman for a bit as the butters were taking awhile, helped me pack up mine on the pallet I thankfully kept, had UPS come and grab my old one and shipped a brand new buttery Ultraman to my door at no cost. So I can now say I am 2/2 for games delivered that play great, shipped well and had a insanely good customer service experience on both. Shout out Kingpin for going the extra mile to help and Morgan at Spooky for keeping me updated and getting me a brand new butter cab game. Only issue across both games I have seen is my new one the start button light seems to not work but I havent looked at it too closely at it yet and may just be a jostled wire from shipping. Gameplay wise everything is great and damn does that butter shine now that I have had them both in the same spot and lighting to compare.

signal-2022-09-02-224333_002.jpegsignal-2022-09-02-224333_002.jpeg
1 month later
#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Soooo

That’s the entire point of the targets. To qualify the mode.
Please don’t listen to this guy. Thanks.

As a huge fan of TWD and how amazingly deep the 3 drop targets were coded in that game I agree, please do not take this out. The drop targets having the ability to be lit differently opens up SO much in ways of code depth.

1 month later
#3378 1 year ago

Me reading the HWN thread:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No, the seller is a friend of mine. I was not a potential buyer. I’m not whining, just think it sucked. He did not ruin the market the game ruined its own market. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's literally the same exact game besides theme currently... How can you own one and say the other sucks. It's like saying you love Shrek pinball but hate Family Guy pinball when its the exact same game, it just sounds dumb. If you don't like the theme that's fine, I dont care about Halloween at all, but it doesn't change they are essentially the same game.

1 month later
#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Thanks for posting this update! I've been telling everyone I talk to that with software polishing Ultraman is going to be a really unique and super keeper game.
The people I see posting negative stuff about Ultraman either really don't understand pinball very well, haven't actually played the game more than once or twice, or only really give their love to cookie-cutter modern Sterns.
As a fan of many different kinds of games from many different manufacturers, I really appreciate the unusual design and layout of this game. This is a pinball design I doubt any other manufacturer today would dare to make. Besides that, the art on the game is gorgeous and badass.

Yep same here, I have been trying to spread the gospel of Ultraman to any who listen. I personally believe the game(and HWN of course) both shoot amazing, satisfying ramps, well done upper playfields and upper playfield strategies that incentivize stashing balls into the scoops for the servo delay. It turns from slowing down the game to being strategy plays for the big upper playfield jackpots that can be highlighted even more with code. That and the art is stunning all around, top 3 art period. All it needs is code and it seems like we are in good hands now for that so I am hype for the future of this one.

Feel free to send more dev info drops its very interesting for all the tech field people we seem to have in these threads.

3 weeks later
#3720 1 year ago

Video looks great, these are some of the kind of fundamental changes that I think can really bring the game into its own. New modes and wizard modes are great don't get me wrong, but adding in ways to use other playfields, adding balls, combining multi balls with modes, the shots to add members on the playfield etc. those can really transform the game and I am really excited to try it out. The science patrol assist especially seems like it has a ton of potential for future updates when you collect them. Happy to see the progress.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Just before the new update comes out I got my Vimtoman(spelling?) mod kit yesterday. It's a major ascetic and game play improvement.
I love the addition of the bridge! Otherwise, the Scoop mod is an absolute must have (had my best game ever after installation today, 43mill). Finally it included a newly engineered Beta Capsule that has no hot glue and the bulb is now accessible.
Here are some pics of the amazing new mods:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look amazing I will have to message him.

1 week later
#3813 1 year ago

The ability to stash a ball in the middle playfield during multiball is absolutely genius. I finally had time for a few games yesterday and it adds so much depth to the multiballs with trying to balance the timing of the ball coming back out to try and restash it vs the other ones you are looking to score with. Science patrol shot is great, I think the flow and stacking is great for the shot but maybe too easy to get with the super skill shot? Or maybe too difficult to get without the super skill shot? I am not sure which way I go on it, I just know most of my games I either will plunge correctly so it dead bounces into the shot itself without flipping, or i just ignore it till the next ball since it does take a lot of shots to qualify. Maybe its worth more if its done manually? Again not sure on the best way but the pay off is great once you get to it and how it stacks.

Only bugs I have seen is if I have a long game going sometimes the start button no longer will work for selecting a mode or spacium store selection so I will have to double flip instead. Not game breaking at all but otherwise really solid. Great update and very impressed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johndeere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=johndeere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.