(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice! Inching closer to #463!
Just around the corner

And I thought 294 was bad!!

1 month later
#101 2 years ago

So...i've wandered over here from the hype thread but I'm a pre-order owner. SpookyLuke said to head over here because he can only keep up with so many threads.

Anyway, I think more folks will migrate here.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

And I thought I had a lot of RayBans.

glad not only one to notice!!

1 month later
#919 2 years ago

has anyone had a ball get trapped near the drop hole to the shooter lane? there are two rubber rings that make it hella tight to get through.

PXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpg
#921 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just pull any slack in the rubber away from the opening.

you are a champion! And I hope you have no life so you can help us more! j/k. Have fun skiing bro!!

#928 2 years ago

Another ball stuck question. I searched already and will delete post if it's been answered.

The ball is sticking in the gap between the trough and upper pf. Any tips are appreciated!

PXL_20220110_195926835 (resized).jpgPXL_20220110_195926835 (resized).jpg
#932 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looks like that metal slope is just a little too high. You probably just have to push down on the front right side of it to bend it to sit below the wood on the upper playfield.

You're the best!!! It's folks like you that make pinside great.

#943 2 years ago

I don't know the rules very well. I noticed the center three drop targets pop up at the start of the game. But they never come back up once knocked down. The others all work as I would expect. Is my issue really an issue or just the state of the game code?

Thanks!!

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They should pop back up after a mode is completed or failed. Hitting orbits will reset them. They are also used in some modes as well.

thanks. I tested it during play and they definitely don't pop after a mode is finished. I assume "mode" means killing a monster. I hit the orbits a bunch and nothing.

I did notice the solenoid for the drops fires 5x when i start the game. that seems like 4x too many. they're all in an array so it should be one single pop up and done. Here's is a vid but seems wrong...

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Have you gone into test mode and see if they go up and down properly?

ah what a bonehead move by me. I just did the test and they don't register like the other drops do.

The common black on the chain wasn't punched down all the way. I punched it down and it seems fine!

Thanks for the help!

#1021 2 years ago

Saw these decal mods over on the HWN thread. They look really cool to me. I'm in for 1 if some brave modder wants to take it on.

cbda2f0c11743601f27bf62b0fb6bb1620c1008d (resized).jpgcbda2f0c11743601f27bf62b0fb6bb1620c1008d (resized).jpg
#1022 2 years ago

I am double-posting like a freak, but I noticed the Bemular pf, the ball will fly into the side art when things are just right. Does anyone have a recommendation for a part to place in where the phillips screw is right now. I'm thinking a post of some sort...but I defer to the Jedi Council here.

PXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_200826382 (resized).jpg
#1095 2 years ago

This thread is starting to feel like Deeproot thread...sadly. I love the pin. Shoots great and plays great even with limited code. it's such a cool, weird pin. Maybe not for all....

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Actually in the latest code when ball travels from lower playfield to scoop, you see the science patrol go down a fireman’s pole. This is exactly the right direction for the code to go.

I love the episode 1 material. It's so perfect...basically anywhere. Love.

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

<SIGH>
5 pages of posts about selling preorder spots and rehashing tired gripes.
Anyone in here wanna play some pinball?

+1

1 month later
#1539 2 years ago

On the new code, how do folks feel about the Jirahs timer running while you're selecting another monster? In a way, it just makes it more tense, but it also makes me just pick the fastest monster I can to keep Jirahs going.

Are there any plans to do something with the Bemular pf when Jirahs is going? If Ultraman is at full health, I'm just wasting time in there. Just feels a little weird to say nawww I'm gonna let this ball drain on Bemular. Maybe give us more Jirahs time if we hit the drop target?

1 week later
#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Doesn’t look right. Hopefully there’s enough wiggle room where you can loosen screws a little, twist the assembly, and retighten.

When you readjust it, make sure that a ball behind it will still roll to the right and not get stuck. I had to play with mine a little, just a little, to make sure the ball rolled out.

The joys of a NIB....

1 week later
#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I played it. Interesting game. It's going to be real nice having it next to Godzilla. It feels like a decent mix of stop and go and flow (mainly cycling ramps and on the upper playfield) and as stated before...some shots are real easy and some are not (lowest left scoop, right orbit, the super skill shot drop/lock.
If I had one visual complaint, its that there is some extremely noticeable 'screen tearing' on a fewof the clips. Not all and not the majority from what I personally saw, but there seems to be one specific mode where the framerate of the video doesn't match the refresh of the screen or something like that.
I did get boned in multiballs a few times forgetting that balls were just going to suddenly show up. I don't really give a crap what anyone else thinks....it's going to be an awesome compliment to the million shots per hour Godzilla.

I noticed the screentearing on the video clips. I wonder whether it's the small CPU (not a full PC) that runs the video just doesn't have the video processing needed? No clue otherwise.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Just unboxed #87.
Does anybody else have this problem…
During Baltan multiball, the balls load in the shooter lane but don’t launch right away.
When the multiball starts, the trough kicks the ball into the shooter lane but doesn’t launch. Then it kicks another ball into the shooter lane until there’s about 4 balls in there then the auto launch tries to launch all 4 balls into play. Of course this doesn’t work so they just sit in the trough and get launched half way over and over.
Trough switch works and auto launch works.
Any ideas?

Is the ejected ball sitting on top of the wire switch or leaning on it? Maybe some pics would help. Or just email spooky--super helpful and fast.

2 weeks later
#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

When the ball drops to the 2nd level, try to flip it out into the upper right so it drains to the main playfield without losing time in the subway and lifter. This should help your time. Then it’s really just a matter of finding that sweet spot to rip the spinners. If I rip this things with 2 or 3 really good shots I’m ready to cross the bridge. So if you can take down the jirah in two trips to the upper playfield you’re pretty golden. I think the current programming is pretty good as I’m crossing that bridge probably 33% of the time I’m intentionally going to battle some jirah. I’m a mediocre player. And I agree it’s a most satisfying feeling…incomparable to any other non wizard mode accomplishment of other games.

There are some little shortcuts, totally agree. But the timer should stall when the menu is up to pick a kaiju battle. I end up slamming through that thing just to get over to Pestar and activate the lifter.

And ultraman's health is pointless since the timer is so short. I don't think I've ever had UM die now that I think about it and it's not for lack of trying to kill him!!

the positive about the new code is Jirahs doesn't last forever. I really like the timer in general. Just need to pause it when gameplay is paused and I'm a happy camper.

2 weeks later
#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd say matte black vinyl cut into an elongated oval. If you or someone you know has a cricut machine, that'd be the cheapest way. My neighbor cut me some matte black circles to cover the hinge bolts inside Stern cabs. They used to come covered with black vinyl, but that was years ago.

I just went in with an oil-based paint marker and painted it matte black. Looks fine to me. But agree the routed holes as-shipped are ugly.

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Added Titan transparent rubbers to the game.
Was going to try some other colors but settled on transparent to transmit a little more light to the playfield
Also swapped out flipper rubbers and used 2 different colors
I know some won't like it but I do
- Left side Red matches the colors and the Kaiju
- Right side Purple does the same for the right side
Read about it at the Pinball Loft blog
Normally I wouldn't post something this basic but there are not a lot of images of the game taken apart and it may help someone out
https://thepinballloft.com/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Didn't think I'd like the clear rubber but it looks nice! Next maintenance I'm going to try it.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Just stopping by to say, these really are two of the most gorgeous pins I've ever seen. Such a good call to remove the titles from the LE backglasses.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lock bar. Coin box.

*crying*

1 week later
#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I just wish we had the same community over here vs the Halloween thread. I’m sure it’ll always be more subdued due to less members and more obscure theme but it’s dead quiet. It truly seems like game suggestions and mode ideas from the public are well received on that forum by Spooky. I’d love to hear ideas from people who really know the show and can speak to steps that add immersion and help this game be great. I’m not familiar enough with the material.
What I can say is I have a feeling this game can be great. How to get it there and make it truly special? That’s what we need the community feedback for.

We're just a happier bunch of people than the HWN thread and happy to have something cool and shiny in the den. Besides, it's quiet because we're playing the hell out of UM and enjoying life. Kaiju camp > horror murder. Sorry but come on. And that's no knock on Spooky for doing HWN--it's a cult classic and Carpenter is a craftsman of some of the best films, or at least most influential, films in recent history. Still, pinball is arcades and goofiness in my mind. UM fits that bill.

What I will say is this group is really helpful with bugs and little UM quirks (like that damn Jirahs timer).

We're the smaller run. But we're the better run. Silence is the price of greatness on pinside.

1 week later
#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Pat Lawlor's pop layout where you have to get past them for the Gangway shot on Funhouse or thread them for the Dead End shot on Twilight Zone are a lot of fun when you make them.

TAF and Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE) have them too and are super fun. And there's something to be said for having a shooter dump into the pops.

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Anyone know how to fix one of the inlane lifters not sitting flat? The right one is flat and the ball flows fine but the left sticks up a bit and is a bit ridged and makes the ball get stuck
[quoted image]

Mine was actually catching on the slingshot plastics so I had to loosen it and adjust 1mm to the right. check that first and make sure it has no interference when a ball goes up and down.

Then flip it like a pancake. It's a symmetrical piece.

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The mods begin Got some new apron cards getting done as well.
[quoted image]

Dude, when is that Dada hitting the Pinside marketplace? Is that something off the shelf? Very cool!!

1 month later
#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Why the downvotes?

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I do, however, really like being able to "hit" Jirahs using the drop target on the middle playfield too.
RM

Having the drop target would keep me (hopefully) from trapping and shooting the scoop into oblivion. I guess it gives time to drink a beer with my right hand.

Now that I can hurt Jirahs in the mid-playfield but face no risk of UM damage seems off. In the top pf I can damage Jirahs for -10 and also hurt UM. Mid-playfield is all upside for UM. Would be nice if the targets would hurt UM (but then how does he heal).

I mean Jirah's damage carries over. Not insane to have UM heal from anywhere on the pf now like he needs to go back to base or space or the rubber suit store.

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's a jab at Spooky when they just put out 1.08, says 1.09 and "good cooking takes time" at the top.

Oh. That's not cool. Bah whatever. We're family here.

#2691 1 year ago

I still keep getting scoop rejects on the beta capsule scoop. Is it the scoop being a simple 45 degree chunk of metal instead of the typical W/B rounded scoop. I saw a mod up earlier in the thread, but haven't heard whether it's any good.

Any modders out there?

#2703 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

If you look in the Halloween thread, some have replaced the stock deflector with a more traditional one readily available from Marcos (part number is in the Halloween thread) and everyone reports back successful results. I personally have not done it because mine works well enough. I suppose the new part would be an improvement, so maybe someday. But I'm fine with how mine plays.
EDIT:
Here is one of the posts in the thread with the new scoop deflector and photo: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/92#post-6855730
And here is a link to the part which currently shows out of stock: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-8806
Its been out of stock off an on, so I'm sure they will get more.
And another option that some have bought and said works as well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04
And lastly, a DIY option using the 2nd deflector listed directly above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/94#post-6863535

Big thanks man. This should be stickied honestly.

5 months later
#3482 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Was playing our UM BSE tonight and noticed there was no light coming from the edge of the middle playfield. As you can see below, the lights are off after the first few.
Is there a fix for this? Or, am I gonna have to replace that light strip. Has anyone put plastic/rubber diffusers on these strips? Not because of their brightness, that's good, but because it seems like a single ball hit could short out a whole strip.
[quoted image]

I had the same issue. Morgan helped me at Spooky with a new LED strip. 30 minute fix but have some zipties you like colorwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyclan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=happyclan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.