(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Glad ya like it! That numbers thing was on me. I had time to get the plaques made and cut, sent to Japan for Ultraman himself, Mr. Bin Furuya to sign them all.... or number them and miss that window.
I think it was worth it.
[quoted image]

Cool!

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

he changed his profile pic to match SpookyLuke…that totally is not something Kaneda would do. I mean I guess it could not be him. All he has to do is say I’m not Kaneda. Pretty simple, no?

lol. Clearly you don't know the history of the guy if you'd say this.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems to me you could just adjust that no?

I'd need at least one more angle to be sure, but I think so...

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Feeling refreshed after the Pinside 24 hour thread eject.
Government name has a K in it. My Ultraman number has the #5 in it.
As far as my sale pending goes the buyer backed out so I might keep it.
You asked .

3 weeks later
#577 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Airballs are almost always caused by flipper rubbers being too hight or too low.

Actually, they're usually caused by the angle of what the ball is hitting. If balls are launching up from the drops, for example, the drops are angled upward, toward the player. You'll need to loosen the bracket and shim it so that the drops are angled slightly toward the playfield. This is the same with standups, which is where this knowledge is coming from. Standups that are bend back love to launch the balls all over the place.

#638 2 years ago

This reminds me of the stock market. People freak out over the smallest issues. Then the same thing always (and I mean ALWAYS) happens: money is transfered from the impatient to the patient.

Losing money in the stock market early on is a life lesson worth double whatever you lose. You either learn to relax or you go broke.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

How many shots do I have left in this pic? [quoted image]

The devil.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

TBH too much talk about value in this club, game is fun and unique if you got in hope you did it for the right reasons enjoy the journey !

Value is important to many who buy expensive items. Nothin won't with that.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Spooky
Wondered if there is an official bug report list?
As I'm logging more hours in the game I'm starting to log bugs I observe:
1. When preparing to plunge your skill shot. If you accidentally hit flipper button you loose your skill shot all together.
2. Ball search time - seems a bit long. Ball tends to get stuck in right scoop or second tier drop behind scoop.
3. Ball search doesn't always seem to detect ball that is stuck behind right scoop after a multi-ball, when dropping from second tier.
This went on after I reset game. Had to remove ball with the bendy magnetic tool I got from PinballLife on 2 occasions. I have about 50 games on it so far.
Only happened after the multi-ball.
Love to hear what others are saying or get a link to the list of glitches.
Curious how the Heck board stands up to the P3 board. Wonder if Heck board is sticking proprietary to Spooky or going open source?

You could start an Ultraman code issues and wishlist thread. There was one for IMDN, and Stern responded well to it.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am getting some serious air off these drops. I have tried adjusting them and my pitch but it still catapulting back to me.
[quoted image]

You need to adjust the drops so they are slightly angled downward.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

The led deflector has a notch and the ball doesn't roll across it sits in the hole.
[quoted image]

I'd just put a small piece of Lexan there. Easy peasy.

1 week later
#939 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I spy Oderus on your wall!

Violence has arrived!

1 week later
#1126 2 years ago

Wow, this is the first club thread that has been so much fun!

THANK YOU SPOOKY

jackson.gifjackson.gif

#1132 2 years ago

Here's some perspective. What if IE pinball did a review for Medieval Madness?

He'd probably say the following:

1. The mechs are really cool. This game is pretty fun.
2. Will it last? No. It's mostly just shoot the castle. Not enough multiballs. The trolls are kind of a flow kill. Code is too shallow.
3. I'm selling it.

Everything is relative. Godzilla is killing it right now and rightly so, but UM/HWN are like a W/B machine on steriods. This is a GOOD thing for most non-pro tournament players.

These games are simply not trap and shoot sterns. They just aren't.

It's been a slow boil release, and the games are packed with really cool features. If these came out 2 years ago, preorders would be selling for over cost.

You're not going to lose your shirt, so stop losing your shit.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

<SIGH>
5 pages of posts about selling preorder spots and rehashing tired gripes.
Anyone in here wanna play some pinball?

I had no idea you could play pinball on pinside. How is this done? Have I been pinsiding incorrectly all these years?

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It went to a location in California. Spooky assigned me (as a dealer) a CE. With Spookys blessing, it was sold in the States - funds raised have gone towards buying a pinball location here in Auckland.
I already had a standard ordered. Looking forward to it arriving.
rd

Are you putting a ridiculous amount of machines on location in Kiwiland? The wife and I have always wanted to visit...

1 week later
#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I lost over $2k selling my UM CE w/Butter Cabinet.
So happy to have it gone though, I no longer care about the $2000+ loss.
This would be my 3rd and final Spooky pin until they hire a real designer and software programmer.
TNA is a long term keeper! But technically that isn't really a Spooky pin IMO.
No amount of code would help me to love that layout. I thought I would love it and keep it forever, but....
Beautiful artwork.
The Right orbit shot is frustrating for everyone. My Left Orbit shot only registered 20% of the time during the time I owned the game.
Drop targets didn't drop 50% of the time and sent ball flying back at player through the air. Left holes not fun or easy to hit.
Ramps often rejected firm shots and came flying back at ya. ?? Upper playfields look cool, but suck. Not many shots, and none flow. etc etc same as everyone else's opinions.

So.... You sold your game before the code was done and don't know how to tweak a new machine. We've heard your sad tale a few times now. You've likely instilled all the tragic fear possible into the tender hearts of the preorder crowd. Great story, partner. Sadly, I think it's time you hit that lonesome trail.

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If you go back and read the guys post history it’s pretty clear.
Let me save you the time of going back and looking all that up and give you the basic cliff notes.
- Spooky announces new games.
- Dude puts deposits down on 3 machines (2 Halloween’s and 1 Ultraman). Typical flipper move by placing extra deposits to try to flip them to subsidize the purchase of the third machine. I.E. planning to gouge the collector at above retail pricing so he can get a machine for free or below actual cost.
- Dude tries to flip his Halloween’s and it doesn’t go so well, gets called a flipper etc.
- Dude gets his Ultraman and loves it. He even posts things like “Love the machine” and “It’s a keeper”. Even posts pictures of his mom playing it wearing crazy sunglasses etc. I bet he goes back and deletes these posts, but they were still there at the moment I typed this.
- Dudes sales on his Halloween’s are not going so well and he’s actually loosing money rather than making money and Starts blaming Spooky.
- Dude starts to have a meltdown and decides to sell his Ultraman.
- Dude Finally sells it (at a loss).
- Dude systematically posts negative comment on every Halloween and Ultraman for sales thread because he lost money and totally trolls every singly sales add out there. Like every single add. The dude is relentless.
- Dude continues to troll by posting negative stuff in all the other Spooky threads until he gets ejected.
This is the condensed readers digest version of the story, but you get the basic idea.
I’m sure I missed something, but that’s the gist of it. Go through his posting history and look it up yourself if you like, it’s all there.
I’m sorry, but this guy is a product of his own creation and his problems stem from greed and poor decision making. A bunch of people bought these machines thinking they were going to flip them for a profit and that wound up backfiring on them. Halloween and Ultraman were announced when Rick and Mortys were selling at a big premium and even distributors were price gouging on things like Mandoloreon LEs. Dude thought he was cashing in and didn’t. Now he lost money and blames it on Spooky and has made it his personal vendetta to bash them every waking moment.
I’m sorry but nobody made him buy these. Further, Spooky is not a financial advisor and did not promises him a return on his investment.
If you want that, go hang out in the Stockmarket or Crypto thread.
This thread is about pinball and is a club thread.
People like him are the reason prices are going down.
Way too many people bought these thinking they were going to flip them and the amount of machines and preorder spots for sale saturated the market. He’s a product of a situation he helped create.
Like I said, go back and read his post history if you like. It’s all there.

The funniest thing about the whole thing is he bought a medium hold investment thinking it was a daytrade. LOL. What a fucking NEWB.

1 month later
#1550 2 years ago

Just unboxed my UM. Super fun few games. I'm assuming the angle of the drops is not normal?

20220314_174600 (resized).jpg20220314_174600 (resized).jpg
#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

That's what I sold it to him for a few weeks ago.
Took me months to sell for a 2k loss

Maybe your next flip will go better... Or maybe we'll hear about your loss for months again. I hope so. I have a little celebration after each post!

1 week later
#1595 2 years ago

Well, I've had my Ultraman CE for a week now, so I'll give my two cents on what I think.

------------------------
THE GOOD
------------------------
- The layout is really good. I enjoy the upper PFs, and I'm normally not a huge fan. These are designed great!
- The shots are balanced with easy, hard and really hard. It's on the easy side overall, but it's decently balanced.
- The modes are all fun. Every single one.
- The drops provide some nice danger.
- The right side drop is a great skill shot and difficult ball save during play. The mb feature is more of a happy punishment.
- The currency collection is AWESOME. The standups can be lethal, but that extra ball is tempting.
- The art is great, and the clips are awesome. The campiness is so fun. The wife loves it too.
- The music is what initially drew me to this pin. I love surf etc., so it's right up my alley.
- The Lighting is really good. I dig the LED strips.

------------------------
THE AVERAGE
------------------------
- The ramps are easy. The right rejects with backhands (I don't actually mind this) and the left is clunky as hell and a gimmie.
- The modes are not balanced. For example, Pestar is medium/easy, not difficult. Some of the easy ones require orbit hits...
- The right side drop does nothing after you've utilized it once... That takes away an awesome feature.
- Spacium cannot be collected during multiballs. This would allow for good strategy.
- The Spacium store could have more variety. Maybe you could buy locks? Timed PF multiplier?

------------------------
THE NOT SO GOOD
------------------------
- The status of the code is pretty shallow when compared to the industry standard. I'm patient though.
- The status of the settings is very limited.
- The upper playfield seems to have a ball snag on the rubber in front of the flipper in all games. Should be fixed.
- Timers need to pause when the ball is in the system. There is too much stop'n go to just let timers run. It's painful to watch.
- I'm not a big fan of the middle PF being unlit at times. Letting a ball just drain out is so "unpinball" to me.
- The tilt code seems a bit broken. If the bob is set sensitive, you get all three warnings and tilt every time.
- You cannot collect spacium after Dada.
- Pigmon is listed in modes, but it's not really a mode. or is it? There is no Spacium afterward and no choice when to start it.
- Bemular lasts forever. It should be timed.
- Both Bemular and YourAss should be timed and have progress memory as default.
- I can't tell if Kaiju multiball has any purpose except keep getting left scoops jackpots?
- The sounds are so imbalanced that you can't utilize the system. Eg. the voice is deep in bass, while the main tune is all treble.
- If you start a game with "Switches Calibrating" on the screen, it sometimes stays there until reboot.

------------------------
THE BAD
------------------------
- QC on my machine was out the window, hands down the worst I've seen in all my years of collecting.
----- My center drops were so crooked that they barely functioned. See previous pic.
----- My trough was missing screws, had crooked screws and was dangling when I first inspected it.
----- My scoop rejected 100% of shots. I shot the scoop for about 50 shots. None went in, no matter how I shot it.
----- My playfield was missing two important rubbers that I luckily had spares to install.
----- Under the ledge of my backbox is all scuffed.
----- The inner cab has drill wear through the paint all over. It's also missing one of the cab support screws.
----- Minor, but my shooter capsule is missing paint all over the place.
- There still are pretty bad bugs that can completely stop gameplay.
- You cannot adjust the outlanes. They are too friendly for my liking. I'll prob put shrinktubing on the outposts or something.

------------------------

Now, I understand that games need adjustement. Trust me, I do. This game, however, was well beyond what I'd expect. I was going to have friends over to play it on day 1, but I instead spent the evening fixing the damned thing. I'm patient and want to support small companies, but I honestly don't want to pay 12kCAD for a night of work. Luckily I have the paitence, tools and skill to fix it.

All that being said, the game shoots well and will be great when it's done, I'm sure. My top score is 120mil so far, and it's been really fun playing it.

#1596 2 years ago

Here are some things I did to my game in case others have issues:

I used a C-clamp to squeeze the underside of the scoop rotector in order to flatten it. This is why I was getting 100% rejects. It is now at 85%. I think I'll grind down the front edge of the protector when I get the time, and I'll bend the rear delflector so it is round like almost every other scoop in pinball.

Here it is before:

20220314_213131 (resized).jpg20220314_213131 (resized).jpg

Here is the c-clamp application:

20220315_191927 (resized).jpg20220315_191927 (resized).jpg

Here it is after, with an extra piece of mylar.

20220315_202838 (resized).jpg20220315_202838 (resized).jpg

Here are the original screw holes for my drops. Notice the factory hole on the right that was missed by a full cm.

20220315_160509 (resized).jpg20220315_160509 (resized).jpg

Here is my wood filler fix:

20220315_193332 (resized).jpg20220315_193332 (resized).jpg

Here is how I dealt with the upper PF ball hang. I raised the rubber by rolling it upward, above the divot. Then I sliced it almost flat. If the ball is at a stop, it will still hang, but I can now nudge it free.

20220316_213440 (resized).jpg20220316_213440 (resized).jpg

Here are some areas that I installed mylar, based on other comments here (thanks guys):

20220315_185110 (resized).jpg20220315_185110 (resized).jpg
20220315_190516 (resized).jpg20220315_190516 (resized).jpg
20220315_190540 (resized).jpg20220315_190540 (resized).jpg

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashleypinballs:

Have you reached out to spooky about the defects? I would think after all the bad press and the fact you are only building 500 machines your attention to detail would be on point.

There really isn't much point in contacting them. I'd have to send the entire game back for the drop target fix. I just decided to do it myself to actually save time and headaches. The rest wasn't as time consuming. Just a little shocking and annoying. Hopefully they up their QC as it was pretty bad on mine.

1 week later
#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

In tournament yesterday , player was in upper playfield. They tilted, player is yelling that game tilted on its own..he didn't do anything, I didn't see the tilt, so I'm not sure if he did anything or not. So tilt is flashing.. ball drops into mid playfield , then into scoop. Then it goes into the option to exchange spacium for your millions , tilt still flashing..he hits flipper button..and his score raises million, tournament director comes over, game still in tilt doing nothing, another player hits his flipper buttons and collects another spacium million. It was ball 3 and he was player 4, so tournament director put in his score as it was when tilt occured and did not award the extra few million, which would have been enough to win. Anyway, is this any known code bug, or just a total glitch?

Tilt is not coded well in the game. Sometimes if I get a warning, I'll get a second one 20 seconds later. Then I know it will tilt in another 20 seconds. Sometimes I can still collect points after tilt, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll get another warning next ball too.

Sucks because the game requires quite a bit of nudging.

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ear plug mod will make the tilt much better. Spooky games need it especially. The tilt swings forever in those games.

Here is a link for those like me have not heard of the earplug mod. Thanks Chuck!

1 week later
#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Stern doesn’t do a wiring diagram type of schematic on new games. Instead they have a table for switches, coils, lights, and then what board/connector they go to. Probably lists the driver for each as needed, but I don’t have that in front of me. Manuals are online and might be a good starting point reference.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

There are zero games listed there.[quoted image]

Which game do you want schematics for? I'm assuming it will be Spike....

#1702 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's a lot of stuff that isn't there on the page though and they haven't updated it in 3 years, and that was after bugging them about it for 3-4 years.
Just as an example, I can't get schematics for the unique lamp boards in Batman 66, the turntable node board, or the mini LCD node board
The only thing Stern consistently gives you is a table with connectors. Which is fine for the most part if you're not doing board work. Spooky at least gave that sort of information with TNA and Rick and Morty.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have a question about the skill shot. If I move the red light to the center drop target (worth 1.5m I think) and then hit said drop target while the red light is still flashing, it should award the skill shot correct? What if more than one drop is hit? I have gone for the center drop, hit it and been given the "Skill Shot Missed" message. I tried going for a stand up target and was given a success message. Could someone confirm the skill shot behavior, please? Thanks!

The ball lock to the right is worth way more than any points you'll get from the red shots. It's like an extra ball if you avoid releasing it.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

1 out of 10 times it holds.

That's a hardware issue. Probably flaky opto. Check connectors and wiggle each side in switch test.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

From the beginning it's been mostly flippers who couldn't make a quick buck and got burnt that were dogging both UM and HWN. I get that some people don't like upper playfields or want a fan layout that is easier to shoot but this is Spooky and that's not what they're known for. PridePinball streamed it last night and said they liked it better than Avengers.

Really only one super vocal flipper. It's fine if some buyers don't like the game.

#1744 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Anyone else have this top post come out? I tried to screw it back in but it won’t fit snug. There is a bit of space and I just can’t get it to sit down any farther. Not sure if there was a nut or something under to hold in place. I emailed spooky first a few days ago but no response. Trying to ask around before pulling the top playfield off
[quoted image]

I invented (new to me anyway) a new method of dealing with threading stripped playfield holes. Get yourself some Quickwood. Mix a tiny amount and fill the hole. Then take a toothpick and create a small hole (just under the size of the screw shaft) in the Quickwood when it's still soft. Let it set and rescrew. This way involves no predrilling and it's way stronger than toothpicks.

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Thanks, I've checked the diverter position and it's correct. It just pops back through that leaf spring quite a bit when the diverter is in the headquarters position especially from the right flipper. Good place for a gate imo.

100% needs a gate

1 month later
#2204 1 year ago

It really does depend on the code. Right now, it's still an incomplete game. I've played through all it has to offer, and I'm pretty bummed. I haven't even bothered installing the last update because I don't care about a wizard mode when the base code is tragically incomplete. I haven't turned the machine on in over a month. Once production catches up in the industry and the recession sets in, prices for these pins are not going to be pretty. Maybe they will fetch cost in ten years . . . maybe. At least it will likely (hopefully) be fun to play when the code is done in 2025.

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nobody forced you to sell it it's like the stock market market you lose money on paper one day but if you don't sell it you didn't actually lose the money. So unless you had to sell the pin then you didn't have to lose money on it. That's all I'm saying no one made you lose money on it.

If I want to move on with Godzilla, I make money. If I want to move on with UM, I lose money. Market value is a loss. Same with stocks. You may gain value back, but your logic is that such a thing will happen. It doesn't always happen. He wanted to move on. He lost money.

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t really understand this perspective. Compared to games like Tron, Doctor Who, and Iron Man, the base code on this machine is nothing short of loaded right now. It has a ton of regular modes, stackable Multiballs, plus a mini wizard and wizard mode. I understand volume of code does not mean fun necessarily, but in what manner is the code “incomplete”?
Do you have any suggestions for mode types or ideas on rule improvements specifically to make?

Very few instructional callouts. Menu system is beyond a home brew. Side drop barely coded. Timers running during stop and go. Mode difficulty not gauged correctly. Upper pf integration lacks cohesion. Sound balance is out the window. Still occasional game stopping bugs.

Putting out a wizard mode before fixing base code is pretty lame, and letting ppl skip to it like we're code testers instead of product owners is pretty lame as well. The game has very little Polish to it. I would rate the current code as 1.0 code for other companies' releases.

All that said, the game has potential. The layout is okay, but as I said, it will all depend on the code. To me, they aren't fixing the foundation, which may lead to an unpolished game... Who knows. My guess is 2024 or 2025, if they can keep going that long.

I don't see the value of this thing ever fully recovering. That is why ppl are walking away from deposits. I'm all for cheering on spooky, but reality is a bitch sometimes. This game is "a fun shooter" at very best, and only if the code is polished.

With sincere objectivity, this game feels like it's being created by an inexperienced crew, starting with the 20-something year old voice callouts. They do not inspire confidence.

1 week later
#2408 1 year ago

Deciding if I'm going to sell my UM or keep it. Played it for a while until I had an epic game. Almost cleaned out the modes, bought an extra ball and was loving it. Then... It gave me multiball for an unlit scoop on the left with unlimited ball save. This completely ruined the game

2 months later
#2910 1 year ago

Johnny rozin up your bow....

1 week later
#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Surprising that this got through Spooky testing??? The rejects are horrible on the 2 location machines I play and Im dreading having to put new holes into the playfield.
Nor do I have a bench grinder.
How do such fundamental issues just get a pass into production?

Yeah, my rejects were 100% before I fixed it. When I looked at the sticker stating "so-in-so" inspected the machine, I was thinking riiiiiight.... There clearly was zero inspection.

2 months later
#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I agree with this 100%. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to go for this shot. It's not a safe shot and you have to hit it like 5 times before the lock. I'd like to see this shot used more somehow.

To me, that means five shots (with pretty big scores attached) end in an extra ball of sorts. Well worth it. The sad part is that after you use it, it is an absolutely fucking useless feature for the rest of the ball. To code it to reset to five shots would literally take 5 minutes....

3 weeks later
#3519 1 year ago

The code could make this a great game, but my faith has withered. The implementation of spacium is confusing to new players and time consuming to the experienced. The basic rules still lack clarity and polish. That's not even mentioning the lack of callouts, instructions, and bugs. No manual, almost no adjustment menu, 3d printed parts, and hot glue... Even if it's an entire year, I don't see this thing ever being completed to industry standard.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm locked in for the ride because of the financial hit, so we'll see...

1 week later
#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Beyond frustrated right now. Just had the best game since I’ve owned the machine (finally made it into Zetton, very cool) and a ball gets lost in the subway. Ball search refuses to trigger the right lifter, I walked away and gave it >5 minutes because (last time) Support said it should try the right lifter “eventually” (it does not). I ended the game by taking the glass off and dropping a spare ball in the trough. Entered my initials, get back to the main menu and the game immediately spits out the ball in the right subway which points to it not being a problematic opto or lifter.
Really enjoy this game when it works, but good lord does it need the code reworked. Think I’m done playing the game until an update comes out.

I have maybe 80 total plays on mine as I made it through the code pretty quick and learned that the game is a box of frustration. The layout actually works, but the code completely kills the experience. It's playable without the game ending bugs, but even without them, it's missing sooooo much. It's the slowest, worst code from any somewhat major manufacturer in recent history. Pricing is getting down to half of nib.

#3565 1 year ago

Didn't HW just get an update?

3 months later
#3952 11 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

They're selling for $6-6.5 according to the market archive.
Resale on UM sucks but it’s certainly not alone. I’ve just picked up like new Oktoberfest and LOV Deluxe editions for sub $7k, and a LZ premium with every Stern mod that would cost $11.5k to replicate for below $8k - all great games. Mando, Alien, GnR… are also very weak. Things are just really tightening up around all the shiny new stuff and popular opinion.
Doesn’t help to talk down the price - especially in an owner's thread. If things follow history for Spooky, and other out-of-favor games, the price will come back. I'd keep it and put on more than 55 plays before forming a strong opinion.

Its unlikely to recover and will only slightly raise in value of they can fix the code. That's a huge if. This game still lacks any sort of polish to the base code, which means it likely will never go beyond that. Competitors have tons of nuance in their code. We can't even get basic navigation, proper display, balanced sound or fully coded hardware. Don't forget about 3d printed parts and hot glue technology. By today's standards, it's a dumpster fire. The price reflects the state of the machine, and it's simply a massive disappointment and a good cash-in on fomo based almost purely on Rick and Morty's success. Never again.

#3955 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The problem these days is everyone is so “instant gratification” that things need to be pretty good at launch, or they’re just written off - which is hard to recover from.
Especially in the internet age. The amount of times people say to me “**** game is rubbish!” “Oh, where did you play that?” “I haven’t. I read it on Pinside” Ahhhh ok.
rd

I don't think expecting base code in the first six months is the same as longing for instant gratification. Features I would expect on day one are still missing 13 months after I recieved the game.

Either way, it is what it is. I wish spooky well.

#3991 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

As i said just my thoughts, but that middle playfield is boring as fuck when you drop off into it from the top one, maybe i'm missing something but i know how to play and what makes fun rules and this isn't it... (I mentioned it long long ago that there needs to be more interaction on that middle playfield for this mode. You hit those targets and the scoop, feels like bugger all happens, no speech call outs, light effects, display effects????? or am i playing a different game?)
Having to stack with something else to make it enjoyable is not what it should be about either...
Frikin game is starting to get on my nerves...

I think the issues come from the way the scoop works. I'm not sure why they designed the game so that if you drain from the middle pf that you get awarded the scoop. This encourages draining from that pf, which is so un-pinball. Making it a classic drain (no reward) would be 1000% better. And utilizing the right-side shot of the middle pf would help.

For example, you're in Jirahs and you drain down to the 2nd pf. Now you have to hit left stand-up, then drop target (which resets - no scoop for this as it slows things down here), then right stand-up, then far right shot. Maybe make it that it has to be done in order or it resets. This could be another way to start the mb and would be FUN and challenging, and there would be no desire to drain.

The timing in the game is also a bit of a mess. If spacium stand-ups are lit, there is a desire to drain out to get to them, and the lifters kill needed time as well. I'm always finding that the game is working against me to gain spacium. Any timed feature in the game often leads to frustration because I'm always waiting for the ball.

I totally agree on the lack of display effects.

On the positive side, this can all be fixed, but it won't be easy, and our year of promised development is running out quickly.

2 weeks later
#4044 11 months ago
Quoted from EMDude:

New code any day now? I guess I picked a good time to get an UM, I’m psyched!

If you payed half of MSRP, it's a great time to get in!

1 month later
#4278 9 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Being a big tourney player, I don't care for a fresh ball save at the start of a single ball mode. I'd love this to be an option to disable. I'd like to disable lots of stuff for tournament play. Still love the game, it's just way too long playing for tournaments at present.

Not being able to adjust the outlanes really, really sucks. They are way too forgiving.

#4288 9 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You don’t have to FULL full plunge to get it to feed the left orbit. You can ease up a little and it will still come out the left orbit. Spooky games are the hardest for me to live catch out of all the eras of manufacturers but I can still do it well enough to get things to a trap and then go for the skill shot. Play around with plunge strength and try dead bouncing before trapping up and see if a combo becomes comfortable.

So much talk about the skill shot... You have to full plunge. Why does that matter? It encourages more difficult play. That is a good thing. Don't like it? No soup for you. Let's get the basics in the game, not tweaks to rules based on minority preference.

#4321 9 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Got 1.12 loaded up last night.
Love how well everything is coming together.
Hating the Nerf'd Modes.
Gomorrah was great as it was. Making it a gimme mode and removing the features that made it stack so well with the Upper PF Multiball really took away from gameplay.
The reduced qualifier for the Upper PF is also lame. One rip and finished. Terrible.
New Mode (Zetton?) is kind of a hot mess, imo.
Display, User Features, Sound and Light Show are all a huge improvement.

Difficulty settings can fix mode difficulty.

#4346 9 months ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

I highly recommend putting rubber stops on the playfield rails so the playfield doesn't slide off the front of the cabinet when servicing the game with the playfield jacks. Shame on Spooky for not installing $2 stops.

Hey, at least the power switch is in the right place.

2 months later
#4434 7 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Wow, for being an “a” update, there is a ton of stuff on that list.

Hopefully it's big. I'm still one or two codes back I think. Maybe I'll update it and play it for this one...

2 weeks later
#4463 6 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Ouch. 11 CE's in stock + 1 BSE left, hopefully they sell quick and don't sit around at those prices.

They will sit. This machine is currently seen as just above home pin status by the public. That's what clunky ramps, 3d printed parts, hot glue technology and slow code gets you these days.

I like the game, but I'm not going to ignore the obvious issues. If you paid full price (I did), you got burnt. No two ways about it.

#4467 6 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Nitro has most likely already charge a deposit for these games and they were never fully paid, so they are not taking the full hit on their reduced price imho.
So, update? Staged balls?

Doubtful on both.

#4470 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Looks like someone snapped up the 2 Ultraman BSEs already.
Nitro is sitting on a ton of inventory of games right now, you gotta liquidate stuff that isn't moving, just how it is. Local dealer has been making a lot of deal to move stern inventory even, the market is soft right now, and new stuff coming in. It's surprising that Nitro was sitting on so many collectors editions geez. Cancelled or unclaimed preorders probably.

Their deposits are non refundable, and they are a distro, they pay wholesale for the machines. At those prices they are likely losing money on them still, but also have to imagine them having so many was because of preorders that got cancelled. We saw alot of HWN and UMs getting cancelled soon after launch and folks panicked

Nitro orders games for stock, not just preorders. Very few ate the 2k on release.

#4475 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That would make it harder for noobs. With the current setup, there is a element of timing that can be put into play. Staged balls would just make it too fast and furious, especially when trying to track 3 balls on 3 different playfields. IMO

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool instead of an absolute turd. No one's complaining about venom. Speeding up slow ball management is desperately needed.

#4482 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Play better. You dont know what your missing now. "Turd" lol
Also, they wont be adding the staged balls, it would completely flip the code and aint gonna happen.

Logic 101:

"The physical ball management on the machine is slow"

"You can fix that by playing better.”

#4488 6 months ago

Finally updated two updates and played. Flame me all you want, but it's a hot mess. New mode comes with audio instruction booklet. Feels like fetch questing design in video games. The store should be completely removed - this is the biggest waste of time on the machine, and the implementation of collecting spacium and the timing to spend it is poorly done. It's a great effort, but it's never going to be a cohesive machine. Bummer.

Is Halloween the same?

#4491 6 months ago

why even hold onto this machine at all, you absolutely hate it, your posts throughout this thread are nothing but complaints and hate towards it, your clearly not happy with it.

Do you seriously have to ask this question?

#4495 6 months ago

You literally have complained about every aspect of the game, your entire post history in it is complaint and hate for every aspect, the code, the build, the animation, the sound, the pf design, everything. Just fire sale the thing off and rid your hands of it, not sure why you would want to just be wasting space on something you don't like when you could get something for it and put it into something you will like. Sucks if your taking a loss on selling it, but what is the alternative, just stewing in it for the rest of your life?

Clearly you haven't read my history. I was rooting for spooky from the beginning. But this game has been a dumpster fire from my perspective. Worst QC I've ever seen, worst build quality I've ever seen, and what I see as rookie code development. This game has been clobbered from all angles.

I'm not selling because it's at it's lowest price point and I'm hoping we'll win the lottery and it will get better. I'm stuck with my dumpster, like many others. You're acting like I'm in some sort of minority here. This game is well known on Pinside as something to stay away from.

This is a forum where ppl discuss pinball. I respect opinions from those who love the game and I expect the same in return. I enjoy reading criticisms about games I love.

I also try to provide evidence for my criticisms, but if that's too much for you, and you prefer an echo chamber, just use the ignore button

#4500 6 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m with Panzer. You need to slow down the vitriol. You are not in the majority in this thread. I love this game and the best part is my kids love it too. Code keeps getting better. Haven’t had a single QC issue on my game. Replaced 2 servos over the lifetime so far, but that’s no big deal. Dialed in the butt pretzel. A bit of a pain to get it just right, but it’s worth it. Neronga is a big step forward. Pigmon is the best and makes me smile every time. Dada is clever and unique. And hitting the crossover shot is so satisfying that I refuse to order the amazing mod because we love watching it. Anyhow, thanks for reminding me to ignore you. Hope your frown turns upside down.

yawn.

Someone suggested I update my code. I did and gave my opinion. I'm glad you love the game and won't criticize you for your opinion.

#4529 6 months ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Remind me…how does one earn an extra ball?
Nice update overall. Thank you spooky team for keeping on keeping on!

Collecting a lot of spacium if I remember correctly. Then light the store. Then press buttons deep into the store menu to select extra ball. Then select your prize. Easy peasy.

1 week later
#4565 5 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

I'm working on 300 games in just two weeks. I've wiped the playfield down a couple of times, but at what point do I need to wax?

Haven't had that issue. I'm on 1.13 (latest)

With modern machines, pretty much never. Just wipe off the grime now and then.

3 months later
#4739 87 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I love my Ultraman, but I would love it a lot more if I got it for $6000 and not the original $9000. Thought about selling it a couple times, but I just can’t.

It's like buying an IPO for the first time and watching it drop to the basement on day one. Anyone who bought a NIB Ultraman is a bag holder for life. I have no idea what I'll do with mine. I play a few games every second update... When the code is done, I'll probably just take the big loss and move on. Maybe I'll keep it in storage to donate for shows.

#4750 84 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

May take a some time but if Spooky games with niche themes like Rob Zombie and Domino’s can recover a good bit of their value than a much better game like UM has hope. You never know…couldn’t sell my Metallica LE for $7k and bought a TWD LE with topper for $6.5k since Pinside decided they sucked too.

Never know I guess. This one seems destined to stay low for a very long time.

1 month later
#4853 45 days ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Am I the only one who hasn't taken it off Ultra Brothers since the latest release? Ha. I just really enjoy the mode and play it several times almost daily. But we won't talk about how I still haven't completed it, ugh. Sad, I know.

I think it's been two updates since I've looked at the game. I do every second one, so I suppose I should try it.

1 week later
#4891 35 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I'm struggling with this game. I'm limited to 2 machine due to so little space. I have a Godzilla Premium that is bolted to the floor and I'm looking for #2. I like the idea of a non-Stern title and a unique gameplay. A few Spooky's intrigue but this game is a bargain right now and the playfield looks interesting. Problem is, I can't play one anywhere before buying so it's a bit scary. How the flow? I read many negatives turning to positives after the latest code? I'm not a huge fan of the franchise but the synergy with GZ isn't lost on me. Looney Tunes is a theme that hits for me. Headed to Pintastic but so far there's no UM listed there. I'm stumped.

It's very cheap for a reason. I personally wouldn't recommend it for a small collection, but if cheap is your first criteria, it is a good deal. Again, for a reason.

Look carefully at the QC on any UM you might buy. The recent posts about cabs not aligning because of leg pressure should tell you enough.

#4898 35 days ago

Get a Twilight Zone. That was my only machine for a year and I loved it. Still do.

UM is not cheap because of code. It's cheap because of build, design, QC and code.

Lots of ppl love it in here, but I'll be honest with my opinion. It's by very, very far the worst machine I've ever owned. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I only have it in hopes code will bring up the price so I don't lose 50% on it. Aside from thunderturds, this is likely the biggest loss nib in recent history.

The ramps are clunky, without the proper curvature that they should have. This is a big flaw. The scoop is almost worse than home brew design. Search this thread for the rebuild that ppl are doing. The lifters (mechs) are 3d printed. The light above the scoop is attached with hot glue and the bulb cannot be replaced. The board set is a one-off. The sound is unbalanced and may never be fixed.

To be fair, I've had some fun on the game, but it is clunky as hell. The design is just not very good. If you could get one for 3k as an oddball in a large collection, that would be about right.

My advice, get almost anything else.

1 week later
#4930 28 days ago

I don't wanna rock the boat too hard here, but all you guys claiming that spooky has such great service, don't you think it's odd that they are not sending out a fix for their terribly designed scoop? If I designed a machine where a large number of my customers had to redesign a part, I'd be fixing that shit and making it right. Just sayin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.