(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

More gutter mouth responses. Grow up little one…part of the club…
Sorry tactic attempting to defer others opinions. Never works my friend. Truth is the truth, no matter the names you call people.

But, you are claiming your truth, as the only truth. Your truth is clearly a lie, given the downvotes. You sell a game before it's finished and cry about losing money, well thats on you.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My Ultraman will be at SPF Expo in AZ this weekend on freeplay with the rest of the 200 pins! Come on by if you need a taste test.

I'll get a taste!

2 months later
#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I've had my Ultraman CE for a week now, so I'll give my two cents on what I think.
------------------------
THE GOOD
------------------------
- The layout is really good. I enjoy the upper PFs, and I'm normally not a huge fan. These are designed great!
- The shots are balanced with easy, hard and really hard. It's on the easy side overall, but it's decently balanced.
- The modes are all fun. Every single one.
- The drops provide some nice danger.
- The right side drop is a great skill shot and difficult ball save during play. The mb feature is more of a happy punishment.
- The currency collection is AWESOME. The standups can be lethal, but that extra ball is tempting.
- The art is great, and the clips are awesome. The campiness is so fun. The wife loves it too.
- The music is what initially drew me to this pin. I love surf etc., so it's right up my alley.
- The Lighting is really good. I dig the LED strips.
------------------------
THE AVERAGE
------------------------
- The ramps are easy. The right rejects with backhands (I don't actually mind this) and the left is clunky as hell and a gimmie.
- The modes are not balanced. For example, Pestar is medium/easy, not difficult. Some of the easy ones require orbit hits...
- The right side drop does nothing after you've utilized it once... That takes away an awesome feature.
- Spacium cannot be collected during multiballs. This would allow for good strategy.
- The Spacium store could have more variety. Maybe you could buy locks? Timed PF multiplier?
------------------------
THE NOT SO GOOD
------------------------
- The status of the code is pretty shallow when compared to the industry standard. I'm patient though.
- The status of the settings is very limited.
- The upper playfield seems to have a ball snag on the rubber in front of the flipper in all games. Should be fixed.
- Timers need to pause when the ball is in the system. There is too much stop'n go to just let timers run. It's painful to watch.
- I'm not a big fan of the middle PF being unlit at times. Letting a ball just drain out is so "unpinball" to me.
- The tilt code seems a bit broken. If the bob is set sensitive, you get all three warnings and tilt every time.
- You cannot collect spacium after Dada.
- Pigmon is listed in modes, but it's not really a mode. or is it? There is no Spacium afterward and no choice when to start it.
- Bemular lasts forever. It should be timed.
- Both Bemular and YourAss should be timed and have progress memory as default.
- I can't tell if Kaiju multiball has any purpose except keep getting left scoops jackpots?
- The sounds are so imbalanced that you can't utilize the system. Eg. the voice is deep in bass, while the main tune is all treble.
- If you start a game with "Switches Calibrating" on the screen, it sometimes stays there until reboot.
------------------------
THE BAD
------------------------
- QC on my machine was out the window, hands down the worst I've seen in all my years of collecting.
----- My center drops were so crooked that they barely functioned. See previous pic.
----- My trough was missing screws, had crooked screws and was dangling when I first inspected it.
----- My scoop rejected 100% of shots. I shot the scoop for about 50 shots. None went in, no matter how I shot it.
----- My playfield was missing two important rubbers that I luckily had spares to install.
----- Under the ledge of my backbox is all scuffed.
----- The inner cab has drill wear through the paint all over. It's also missing one of the cab support screws.
----- Minor, but my shooter capsule is missing paint all over the place.
- There still are pretty bad bugs that can completely stop gameplay.
- You cannot adjust the outlanes. They are too friendly for my liking. I'll prob put shrinktubing on the outposts or something.
------------------------
Now, I understand that games need adjustement. Trust me, I do. This game, however, was well beyond what I'd expect. I was going to have friends over to play it on day 1, but I instead spent the evening fixing the damned thing. I'm patient and want to support small companies, but I honestly don't want to pay 12kCAD for a night of work. Luckily I have the paitence, tools and skill to fix it.
All that being said, the game shoots well and will be great when it's done, I'm sure. My top score is 120mil so far, and it's been really fun playing it.

Thanks for the great review.

I am very concerned about QC, given we are 1/3 of the way through the entire HWN/Ultra run.... I don't have the tools or the knowledge to do what you had to do to make it playable. Going to keep watching and hoping I guess.

#1697 2 years ago

Buddy played UM and HWN today. He wishes he bought one. He did prefer HWN as a theme and the unique pf was a winner.

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Why doesn't everyone explain game rules like you do lol. can't wait for mine, a complicated looking game with a set of rules a newbie can follow awesome...

Hit the lit shots, to rack up points!

#1722 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

SST was the last game I sold. I still think is one of the best Sega games.

It is a great pin!

2 weeks later
#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

For what it's worth, we were still pretty psyched about winning best topper!!
Definitely thought Weird-Al was going to take it but I guess it wasn't in the running this year. I guess we'll have to *top* it next year!

For sure, what pin again?

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Adjusted my diverter to the left one notch before I took my UM to Zapcon. And with the upper decorative plastic removed, I could see that it was the right idea. Gave the ball somewhere to settle down on its initial landing before rolling away down into headquarters, instead of rolling backwards back down onto the ramp. Made a big difference. And still past the right wall edge when pointing towards the right.
Before-
[quoted image]
After-
[quoted image][quoted image]

We're both Halloween and UM your pins? I tried to play HWN but it got stuck in the divertor. I tried wiggling it and ball search did nothing, finally walked away. A few steps later and the guy says the ball is lose. I come back to flip and it falls off the playfield somewhere lol. I just said not my day for Halloween I guess. UM looked great and always had someone playing. Bummed the RZ was down as well.

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Ah thanks for the info. Will have to play it some more

Do you know if it, or another one, is on location? That was the first one I've seen in the wild and was a bit bummed when I walked around and saw the cab art, but the pin was off.

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Added a Polk sub to UM tonight. 5 minute job with a 3.5mm “Y” splitter and and RCA pigtail on the subwoofer end
- unplug 3.5mm audio out at jack on back of monitor in backbox - in my image it’s the green jack (we’ll call this cable “A”)
- plug the “Y” splitter into the now empty jack
- plug back in the original 3.5mm (cable “A”) into one of the two ends of the “Y” splitter
- grab your brand new 12’ long 3.5mm subwoofer cable and a step stool
- climb the stool and route the cable into the backbox from the rear of the game (use same spot Spooky did for topper wiring - you don’t even need to unstable the screen, it’s already done)
- reach up into the backbox and pull your new 12’ long 3.5mm subwoofer cable down to a spot near the “Y” adapter
- now plug the subwoofer cable into the other available end of the “Y” splitter
- on the subwoofer end, plug a 3.5mm to L/R RCA adapter and plug that into your sub
- set the sub crossover at 80hz
- set the volume on the sub around 1 o clock
Done!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent write-up I'll be doing with my Polk audio I already have.

2 weeks later
#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It will not work. License holders are much more stringent then they used to be, which has a lot to do with the copyright of the on screen assets. The computer and Pinotar inside each game is locked in as a specific game. If you try to load the opposite code on the game it will pull up a screen that says to please contact Spooky Pinball.

After we contact support, then you hook us up! Spooky is the bestest!

1 week later
#2123 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I find this aspect kind of annoying. I ordered a BSE HWN thinking it would be somewhere in the middle of the run, not in the final month of production almost 2 years later. I understand how it worked out this way, but I wouldn't have expected 90% of buyers to order a CE.

Pretty sure that was very clearly laid out for whatever small amount of time we actually had to order LOL.

1 week later
#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:Yep, I lost money as well. I'm not a "flipper" and sounds like you aren't either. Most of my games stay ~5 years.

If you can't acknowledge that the software was wildly immature (AND NOT FUN) when this title was released, then you are living in a dream world of your own making. Sure, I can hear it now...Stern does the same thing. Nope...not on the same scale. Saying all the negativity was generated by flippers is just BS. I know many avid enthusiasts that are disappointed with this game.
I'm with you on flipper negativity, though. The number of NIB games being sold by non-distributors is very sad. Price increases are bad enough...flippers asking 10-12k for a NIB Stern Premium is pretty depressing. They do occasionally deliver 2 great games in one year...Rush and GZ are both awesome games.

You didnt lose money, you chose to sell at a loss. Big difference.

And Halloween way better than Rush lol

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I've learned a big lesson on this one. I'm #350, so I've got a bit of time still, but I'm worried because the prices keep dropping and dropping. If the prices don't pick up by the time my invoice is due, then I'll highly consider walking away from my deposit.
I don't mind losing a bit value on the resale, but not like this. Right now, Ultraman CEs are not even worth 7k on the secondary market. That's a 2 thousand dollar loss before I've even picked up the game or had it shipped to me. I've never seen this kind of value loss on a game mid-run.
I didn't buy UM to flip, but I'll have to sell something to pay it's invoice. And it doesn’t make sense to do that if I'm gonna lose my shirt, and could just buy an UM later for even less. I might as well cut my losses and bite the 2k bullet now, rather than a 2.5k bullet later.
I guess it'll just depend on what things look like when my invoice is due, and how much I'm liking the pins I all ready have. I do think Ultraman looks fun, so we'll see.

What lesson did you learn? You already knew Spooky was a smaller co. You already knew code would continued to be refined. What are you surprised about?

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Are you for real? When you purchase something and sell it for less, it's called losing money (especially when it's NIB). Have you ever sold something where you didn't chose to sell? Perhaps someone forced you to sell? Not me. Everything I sell is my choice, so trying to differentiate is superfluous, dood.
I'm happy you like Halloween and not surprised you like it better than Rush. Different strokes.

Play before you pay? Don't trust that Spooky won't bite off more than they can chew? I'm surprised they decided to tackle 2 licenses at once with a modest software team that didn't have a track record and wasn't firing on all cylinders. I'm sure it will all come together eventually, but not everyone wants to wait months/years to have a fun game. These beasts take up a lot of room and with all the other titles on the market, they have to compete for a slot.
And just to be clear, I still love/respect Spooky. R&M is a masterpiece that will never leave my collection.

Nobody forced you to sell it it's like the stock market market you lose money on paper one day but if you don't sell it you didn't actually lose the money. So unless you had to sell the pin then you didn't have to lose money on it. That's all I'm saying no one made you lose money on it.

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I want to move on with Godzilla, I make money. If I want to move on with UM, I lose money. Market value is a loss. Same with stocks. You may gain value back, but your logic is that such a thing will happen. It doesn't always happen. He wanted to move on. He lost money.

So his choice, to lose money, thats my point. It doesnt sound like some external force made him sell at a loss. Big difference.

Anyway...

Cant wait to play UM on location.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very few instructional callouts. Menu system is beyond a home brew. Side drop barely coded. Timers running during stop and go. Mode difficulty not gauged correctly. Upper pf integration lacks cohesion. Sound balance is out the window. Still occasional game stopping bugs.
Putting out a wizard mode before fixing base code is pretty lame, and letting ppl skip to it like we're code testers instead of product owners is pretty lame as well. The game has very little Polish to it. I would rate the current code as 1.0 code for other companies' releases.
All that said, the game has potential. The layout is okay, but as I said, it will all depend on the code. To me, they aren't fixing the foundation, which may lead to an unpolished game... Who knows. My guess is 2024 or 2025, if they can keep going that long.
I don't see the value of this thing ever fully recovering. That is why ppl are walking away from deposits. I'm all for cheering on spooky, but reality is a bitch sometimes. This game is "a fun shooter" at very best, and only if the code is polished.
With sincere objectivity, this game feels like it's being created by an inexperienced crew, starting with the 20-something year old voice callouts. They do not inspire confidence.

You bring up an excellent point that I have been stating" Get current code stable squash the bugs, then move on to adding content. Problem is many people took that as 'Stop adding content'. Anyway, this is a make or break pin for Spooky, especially in these trying economic times.

Squash the bugs, get the code stable, then move on to adding content. There should not be gamestopping bugs in the code at this point.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just updated the Software to 1.07 this morning, went well with NO issues. To be sure, I reformatted a 32gig FAT32 16kb cluster thumb drive to FAT32 with 32kb cluster per Spooky's instruction. I also did a full reformat (not a quick reformat) so that took longer but just wanted to make sure. The actual update was pretty quick, it was the test game afterwards that made me almost late for work
I have had no real issues at all, just a couple of sticky balls, but not completely stuck, minor adjustments for them. I feel pretty confident in my purchase and I find there is plenty of flow and action. Only real shot issue is the right orbit shot and I have a Houdini so I ought to be better at hitting a difficult right side shot. When you do, though, it is a pretty good feeling.
Looking forward to putting more games on 1.07 tonight!

Replace that orbit switch with the MERS(sp?) Switch. The right outlane switch is too far inboard and doesnt register.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

ALOT happening right now! We have new Ultraman animations going into the game, Halloween modes getting some love, building more games than we ever have at our highest quality ever, and future games getting programmed. Their are going to be alot of really cool things rolling out of our doors this year! I think we will make a ton of very happy spooky customers!

Future games? Love the update but lets get code stable. Are we still seeing code related game resets?

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Please do something to expand and build out the droptarget 2-ball feature. Having something here to bring into main and scoop modes would go a long way towards giving this game some variety. Imagine if R&M only had adventures, gromflomite and the mystery, but no meeseeks/mania or dimensions... that's where I feel HWN is today. Need at least one other feature available at all times IMHO.
Apologies for talking HWN in UM thread, but they're similar enough to both benefit from more features.

Can we PLEASE get stable code before adding more content, please. Game resets and fixing that should be priority at this point.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have added additional programmers. The HWUM programmer has not stopped working on it for 1 second to do anything else or work on anything else. That is still his whole focus and will continue to be for quite some time. This was good news that we are adding to our team, our equipment, our facility and our staff to continue to improve current games and make great ones in the future.
I'll also add he has a team assisting him every day as well.

This is great news, keep plugging away and thanks! Just very excited for 920!

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's the finest cabinet in all of pinball. Whatever process they use is even nicer than cabinets restored by high-end pinball restorers (which cost an arm and a leg). On one hand, it's an expensive option if the game is being shoved in a lineup. OTOH, with all the folks that gravitate to Stern LE's because of the rarity, butter cabinets are extremely rare and beautiful. My R&M cabinet is butter and it was worth every penny. Highly recommend.

I only have one other pin, so upgrading to butter is a no brainer. It's kinda sad it's gonna take these spotlight from my METLE....

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My Butter TNA
[quoted image]

That looks amazing, what do you use to maintain it?

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Did you seen the process? would you be willing to bet your money ? because i would like to be sure it's screened on the wood... and not similar to radcals
why did Spooky never share some videos of this process? we see pictures of assembly but never about the buttercabinet.
I would like to know where my extra $1000 goes

It goes on the sides in the front of the cabinet and the sides of the head.

1 month later
#2749 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:One issue with low production games is most people never get to play them.
So it’s hard for the “awesomeness” to be experienced by the average dude.
Personally - I think with a couple of little playfield tweaks (orbits a little wider, ramps a little wider, maybe mystery hole combined with the secret passage) to make the game more accessible to the average player, it would definitely be up there on the top 10 lists. I watch people play mine at my tournaments, and I see some struggle to start anything.
The upper playfield is very good … I’m not an upper playfield (or lower playfield) guy, but ACNC is very good, with a number of shots.
And as discussed, the rules are up there with the best of them. Simple enough to understand … difficult to master. That’s the sweet spot for me.
rd

I live on Phoenix and hadnt seen one until Zapcon, but it was powered off Ill find one to play soon enough..

#2750 1 year ago

So I clicked on some random Facebook video and this painting came up and then all of a sudden they held up a picture of Ultraman upside down to use to draw some straight lines lol. I'd like to thank Spooky I know who Ultraman is now! Halloween 920 in bound at some point.

Screenshot_20220721-191319_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220721-191319_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

{{{~ sigh ~}}}
And solenoid bank 2 - taking note of the stripe color on the orange wires.
TIA
Oh, and beware of the wiring crimps to the pins if you’re monkeying around with the board.
[quoted image]

Ugh, Everyone wanted maximum production speed well here's the sacrifice you get with poorer quality trying to rush them out the door.

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Hard to get to...this work?
[quoted image]

Thats not good.

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

{{{~ sigh ~}}}
And solenoid bank 2 - taking note of the stripe color on the orange wires.
TIA
Oh, and beware of the wiring crimps to the pins if you’re monkeying around with the board.
[quoted image]

Ouch...

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah. I don't know if Spooky uses a crimping machine or hand crimps, but it seems to be an issue. Spooky, take your time, we will be fine.

Well everyone wants them to rush these games out the door, they want them to ramp up production and this is the end result.

To me some minor tweaks are expected, full on cabling/crimping is not IMO.

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Is there any more info from Spooky regarding if they are done with fix's and code?
Is this it??

Way more to come.

2 weeks later
#2851 1 year ago

Are Ultraman owners having powdercoat issues?

#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

He’s not your guy, buddy.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey Buddy…What if he IS my guy, pal?

BRUHs.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ay chief, I ain’t ya bruh boss.

Broseph then!

3 weeks later
#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I think this has been posted before and I KNOW I stole this part number and idea from that post ... so THANK YOU!
My scoop rejects were horrible - head on rejects were 75% +
With the addition of the new scoop deflector, now more like 25% (or less even)
Marco part #535-8250-04
You'll need to grind it using a bench grinder (or a bit more Dremel work) and drill ONE hole in the center
The grind is needed because the new deflector is just a bit too wide
When grinding each side to fit it between the existing posts, grind just enough so that when the hex bases of each post are turned the "edge" of each hex post is square to the freshly ground edge of the new scoop. At that time it's almost a force fit and you will get zero left/right movement
Not sure the center hole is a must as it's nothing more than a wood screw post but it was there on the original scoop deflector, so I drilled a center hole in the new scoop deflector and added it back
Use some blue tape on your finger to hold the nyloc nuts when placing the new scoop deflector
I was able to remove and replace without taking anything more than the Beta Capsule.
I used a box end wrench with a built in 30 degree bend to get at the nuts under the PF - tricky angles but got it done without removing stuff from underside
Note the image with the yellow area circled. Make sure that you have ground enough and it's not so tight that it does not crank down flush.
The yellow circled area is where you can see it's not quite flush. I hand filed down another 1/2mm or so and the next image shows how it then tightened down nicely
This has been a HUGE positive change to gameplay
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Surprising that this got through Spooky testing??? The rejects are horrible on the 2 location machines I play and Im dreading having to put new holes into the playfield.

Nor do I have a bench grinder.

How do such fundamental issues just get a pass into production?

#2947 1 year ago

Anyone get a butter cab delivered lately?

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Got email yesterday mine is finished an should be getting loaded on the truck today

TnA?

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good to see some movement, if only a couple games. Just seemed so quiet in this thread!

Same with Halloween. I think butter cabs are REALLY held up if they are starting on BSEs.

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

According to the carrier UM BSE 399 is coming home on Friday. In case other people are still trying to keep track.

Butter cab?

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

Unfortunately no. I'm impatient and as far as I can tell there is still a wait for those.

Yea im impatiently waiting my Halloween 920 butter. Trying to guage where they are at.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Any news on next code update and what we can expect to see?
Haven't sold my game just yet though if someone offered me a fair price I'll have to let it go.
We all have lot of $ wrapped up in this game and it while it's just about there there are a few things
that could transform it to next level. If you guys move on alot of us are going be stuck with this can
you open up the Source code so Pinball Community can take a crack at the rules.. and sound effects / music.
Maybe like a Pinball browser.. or just anything... Please

They said that code was gonna keep being worked on for the next year to 18 months so I wouldn't worry about that part.

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't handle the shipping, but based on what I'm seeing on the line, you're game has likely been built and cleared. I'm not sure where it's in the process of being boxes, shipped, or delivered. Either way it won't be long.

Thank you. I know im kinda annoying but im just super pumped!!!

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from lawspud:

UM259 (butter) was delivered awhile ago, but today I was finally able to get the beast upstairs and setup. No issues at all, and the machine looks amazing. I’ve only played about 10 games so far, but I haven’t triggered any bugs or found any QC issues at all. The OS updated without issues and I’ve been having a blast learning the rules as I go.
The only adjustment I made was to turn the lepai amp down to middle settings for volume and tone. As shipped the dials were about maxed out, which led to a constant (annoying) hum from the speakers. This pin is in my office, so I’ll keep the volume turned down lower than most, but I don’t think that the amp needs to be cranked up in any but the loudest of locations.
Not much substance to this post, I know. But I wanted to make sure that satisfied customers are represented here, too

Lots of substance, thanks!

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

399 showed up today. Passed my initial testing and is playing quite well.
Today has been a good day.
[quoted image]

Butter cab?

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You seem really concerned about those plaques.

You seem really unconcerned over a product advertized with purchase, not delivered.

Dont be a part of the problem. Be the solution and demand what was promised. Strange concept, I know..

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nailed it.
It's a non serialized placard. On a pinball machine.
Even IF Spooky fails to make good, I can imagine surviving through it just fine.

Umm, I think you misunderstood my post. Deliver what the customer pays for, regardless of cheapness or insignificance.

2 weeks later
#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I waited until I saw the first few streams, then bought a spot for less than retail. I’ve been a happy owner since. The updates have been great. Every game I own I’ve either played or watched streams first. There is a stupid idea in this hobby that you have to buy before you see or play a game. Spooky games almost always go through the communicate then love. However, the core Spooky customers are almost always happy because they bought a game they actually wanted from a great group of people. And Spooky is a small company, they need to lock in deposits because a large order that drops would crush them financially. They have always been up front another deposit. Don’t place an order unless you are sure you want the game. Period. Me, I’m super happy with my UM CE.

I just received Halloween and it's amazing people are gonna be bummed out they bolted on these pins too early.

1 week later
#3068 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yeah I understand that. But buying from new with as many faults poor choice in materials and shoddy
Workmanship is unacceptable for the price paid. If you new car had this many faults pretty sure you wouldn’t be happy. Or a new TV Cinema set up etc. you would be asking for a replacement. New lounge suite that was coming apart at the Sri hi g and frame buckled. Reclining Mechanism not working. Pretty sure you wouldn’t won’t to be fixing them yourself.

I hear you! I had the same concerns as you and was just as vocal.

But! As Halloween pins were being delivered, I noticed that they seemed to be getting unboxed with no real issues to speak of. I recieved my 920 last week and plays flawlessly out of the box. I did have the clear coat issues, which i remedied. I will say I'd rather have a appearance issue than a functional or mechanical issue so I'm not at all upset about that. Point being I think you're gonna be happy and I think you'll be fine.

2 weeks later
#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Oh just want to note, since sometimes the negative stuff is louder than the positive, my game is playing absolutely 100% perfect out of the box. Same as my Rick and Morty, just plugged it and started jamming. Nice work from the guys in WI.

Ive had my Halloween 920 for a month now. Flawless since day 1!!!

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Excellent discussion- highly recommend to all.

Agreed. One of the take a ways was regarding studying the playfield and able to figure out the rules framework. Not like Im buying that many pins lol.

#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Is Spooky usually pretty good about responding to support emails, or am I wasting my time? Didn't hear back today, was too busy to give them a call during working hours so now I've got a broken game and no explanation until next week.

I believe they are open Monday through Thursday.

3 weeks later
#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have lit Extra Ball a few times and collected it; have no idea how I qualified it.
We REALLY need an updated and complete Rule Set published for UM/HWN.
Do most people know if you drop the middle target only at the start of a ball, it flashes blue and if you send the ball through the middle again, without hitting either the left or right drops and make the center ramp it activates Double Scoring on Ultraman? Great vid of splitting the Baltan with the energey buzz saw.
RM

It was this shot on the very first "official" Halloween/UM stream from Spooky and I knew I made the right decision on this pin(I have Halloween). Not saying you should have known that and Spooky does need to do better job at describing what we need to do but they're getting there. It really is a brilliant shot.

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Hmmm. I assumed this (9.0) would be a Halloween-focused update, but that Ultraman would also get code updates/bug fixes (but no graphical updates), just like Halloween got updated on Ultraman Day with 8.0/8.0a but the other way around.
Ultraman gets nothing at all on Dec 8th?
RM

Im betting this code drop isnt as complete as they had hoped, but if they announced a new pin, while Halloween owners wait for this code, all hell would have broken loose lol.

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

After checking twip about the Scooby-Doo release, i followed their link to Kaneda SoundCloud, where he had a few free podcasts.
Man, to this day the guy keeps s*****g on UM!
Can't wait to ear what he'll say once he gets his #500

He already got it and sold it i believe.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yeah, i don't understand why they didn't stick with PROC for these 2 games if they were making their own boardset anyway. I assumed (i guess wrongly) that the change from PROC to pinataur was them standardising and we would see evolution of the pinatuar hardware in future games. And therefore the ability for older games to get the hardware upgrades and spares still.
Lets hope that from the code point of view the framework they have will work on both warden and pinatuar hardware and therefore the standardisation & update of base features/settings/tests/utilities/updates etc can still be included in older games as they move forward with new ones.

So Pinataur was just some stop gap? I guess I didn't realize that they were moving away from this board already. It sounds like it doesn't matter, but yeah not liking that Halloween and Ultraman are gonna be 1 offs?

2 weeks later
#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am grateful that they will be working on the code for another year, but it sucks when the updates are three months apart. Lots of polish still to go.

Keep in mind, they said for another year, 6 months ago....

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Check post #3488
Basically, most of my optos didn't line up with the holes cut in the subway which caused a whole bunch of issues. I moved optos to align with the holes in the subway and everything went away and works perfect.

Really, cause Spooky has stated multiple times the holes dont need to line up with the optos. Seems like they would work better with no plastic in the way, ut I havent really had issues (Knock on wood).

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

If the plastic didn't matter, why drill holes in the first place?

How did nobody else bring this up!

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

When the subways start getting dirty those opto’s transmitting through clear plastic will start to give problems I guess and it’s easier to clean an opto than get into the subway and clean, so yes better to have them transmitting through holes.

Then why on earth is Spookys position that the hole alignment doesnt matter, yet they drill holes odd IMO.

#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Spooky did give us some hope, but only in the HW thread this morning. LPeters posted in the HW thread that they are working hard on HW and UM every day and we can expect a LOT of new things with impending updates. Like more wizard modes and better theme integration as well as LOTS of new callouts and clips for UM at least. However, he did NOT give any kind of estimate on release which I admit is very frustrating. I love this game but want to love it more with better code.

He said "This year". Its currently Jan 11..

#3583 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

This is all good news - Will be getting a Halloween soon and remember that a while back SpookyBug (or one of the other Spooky team) confirmed that Ultraman code could be installed on Halloween and vise-versa; could we have confirmation as to why this changed?; I'd imagine a lot of buyers purchased partly based on the belief that they could swap code between the two?
I'd imagine it's something to do with IP rightsholders' wishes, however could there some day be a code "mode" to enable owners to swap between the code? For someone like myself who only has space for one pin (space is tight in London!...) this would be really cool to freshen things up from time to time.
Also, another question regarding the Judith Myers ball lock. I've read many people suggest that it's currently under utilised; are there plans to do something really cool with it? (am I correct in saying that there aren't the necessary magnets in place to be able to lock multiple balls like on TNA?
Thanks very much in advance; it's really cool to see the Spooky guys interacting on here.

Spooky has never said code could be swapped and once talk started to happen that maybe we could, Spooky came in and said it could not be done from a licensor stand point.

Not sure what they mave have implemented technically to prevent it.

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Must be locked out in the update code or something. It obviously doesn't break the game, as m4tt is running without any problems for testing code.
I'd imagine once the code is finished down the line, a clever person will be able to unlock to enable use of both games' code, but let's see I guess.

Well hes the programmer, so ya, im sure they are allowed to build a few test machines. Never said it couldnt be done thats for sure. Would be cool for sure!!

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I know that comment certainly had an impact on people buying into these games, especially here in the uk (where once you order you are in for the journey), whether it was confirmed or not and iirc it was said pretty early on..
Pretty annoying to then backtrack later. I guess the answer is never really believe anything..

They never once said it would work. Ive read every post in both threads, not once did they say yes. We all speculated and hoped, but Spooky never said it would happen.

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The only thing more retarded than wanting to swap code on these machines, is people bitching about it.

Dont get me wrong, id love to swap codes, but I also am a realist. If anyone thought this was feasible, we would know about it by now.

If I win the lottery Ill confirm though!

4 weeks later
#3680 1 year ago

Potentially, could go either way really.

2 months later
#3896 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's unfortunate but they need to care and need to try and turn these games around. Theres already lot of bad vibes behind Halloween/UM's release and the owners are clearly getting miffed. More keep dumping their machines at loss, it's not a good look and now I mean look at the Scooby thread. I can imagine it's tough on Spooky as clearly something happened with the loss of a programmer and more than 6 month gap in new code release and then we got new programmer and what seems to be rebuilding the code? That's a rough thing for the company going into the production of their new game.... which so far from the owners thread is looking like a whole slew of it's own issues. It all feels a bit like growing too big too fast and their games are suffering because of it.
I still have hope for the code to get fleshed out and to feel more complete, but I think on every end it's a tough place to be for all. The last code update was solid, so if we see some more progress like that, I think things are on a decent but slow track for the games still.

I felt Halloween was a big enough theme that would have pushed Spooky into a different league. It didnt and i wont fomo again.

1 week later
#3931 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Not a member of the club (yet) but when I saw the art package and layout for Halloween/UM I was blown away.
The layout really peaked my interest; when I look at a lineup I'm always thinking to myself "what does this game offer that the one next to it does not?" Love it or hate it but no game has a layout like this. I've watched several streams and gameplay videos; at first I told myself I HAD to have Halloween. I'm a horror fan but I was hesitant, Halloween is one of my least favorite horror franchises. I started paying more Attention to UM and the show clips cracked me up. I got the chance to play one while picking up a Johnny Mnemonic and man...the art and light show blew me away. I only had time to flip 2 games or so but I smiled the entire time.
It makes me super sad to see/hear all the negativity surrounding these two games. I want this game but I'd also love to avoid losing my ass if I ever got one. I'm being offered one in a trade and I'm SUPER tempted.

Given the fact they are in the $6000's now, i doubt it can fall much farther.

#3932 11 months ago

My CE Halloween 920 has been flawless from the factory.

#3939 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I did that on my game the other day and might have peed myself…

That shot was one of the reasons I justified fomo, post purchase, pre-delivery. Its an epic shot!

1 week later
#4004 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I don't think the two games thing is that much of an issue, the bigger problem simply is that Spooky and us owners got screwed over by whatever went down with their programmer. We were seeing regular updates to the games, then suddenly over 6 months of nothing, and then them having to bring on a new person and the rebuilding, and catching up he would need to do. We are stuck waiting now, and Scooby gets the main attention because of that delay while these games are done and sold, it's no longer on their immediate radar. We can only hope their promise of support continues and that they do eventually get us the games we hope them to turn out to be.
Hopefully that code that is soon coming is gonna make folks happy for some time.

Doesnt help that Scooby has its own issues. Havent even looked into it so I dont get the "abandoned soon" feeling and feel it will not be fully fleshed out. I thought Spooky was ready for the bigtime..

Prove me wrong please.

#4021 11 months ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

After coming into the fanboy club and looking for some answers on a possible purchase of Ultraman. Like I said I had a lot of good things to say and concerns. One pinsider responded with a attitude . And yet again ,with none of my questions answered. And then I was swore at. And than I see he gets upvotes for that behavior. Some were helpful here. I did a 180 and bought a Zeppelin. I would hate to think about coming back with additional questions, and help.

Servos? Its super easy to replace, dont be so sensitive. Enjoy Zep lol.

4 weeks later
#4177 10 months ago

#4200 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Of course, one week after I sell my game the big code update comes out.
Congrats UM owners!

Dont act suprised, you knew it was coming.

#4202 10 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

for 6 months....
Matt did a damn good job on this one though. I'm enjoying the game until it leaves for sure.

Yep, 6 months, we all knew.

Hope the UM bugs have been worked on on the new code. Halloween is a big step forward

1 week later
#4223 9 months ago

I recieved my protector, thanks. Hope i never need it, but its a must buy!

#4249 9 months ago

Damn, that looks sweet!

1 month later
#4369 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Matt, this is a great help, but do you think you can get Spooky to release more documentation on this - what transistors do what, what connectors and wires feed what, etc.
Otherwise we have no idea.
RussMyers

Didnt they already move on from this board(Scary thought)? I sure hope they put resources into the documentation.

3 weeks later
#4382 7 months ago

VoiVod does Ultraman! While searching for VoiVid jams, this EP came up on Amazon Music. Nov. 2022. Im not sure if these are covers from the show, but pretty damn cool so far.

Screenshot_20230827_160103_Amazon Music (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230827_160103_Amazon Music (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4468 6 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Nitro has most likely already charged a deposit for these games and they were never fully paid, so they are not taking the full hit on their reduced price imho.
So, update? Staged balls?

We dont need staged balls.

#4473 6 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I can understand, but it'd be nice to have the option. Specially if we're talking of making this game more appealing to a large audience.

Quoted from stf_dnx:

I can understand, but it'd be nice to have the option. Specially if we're talking of making this game more appealing to a large audience.

That would make it harder for noobs. With the current setup, there is a element of timing that can be put into play. Staged balls would just make it too fast and furious, especially when trying to track 3 balls on 3 different playfields. IMO

#4479 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool instead of an absolute turd. No one's complaining about venom. Speeding up slow ball management is desperately needed.

Play better. You dont know what your missing now. "Turd" lol

Also, they wont be adding the staged balls, it would completely flip the code and aint gonna happen.

#4480 6 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Yes!
As it would be something related to the code, we can even imagine the option to adjust the timing, which can be different for single or multi ball.
As said before, Venom is a good example of such thing making a game more desirable. And UM deserves to be more desirable.

Venom is a snoozefest with basically a single level and NEEDs the balls sped up. My Metallica gets the ball to the flippers way faster. Notbsure people understand this game, its not a "Flow monster" that requires speed to be enjoyable.

#4483 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Logic 101:
"The physical ball management on the machine is slow"
"You can fix that by playing better.”

Now your catching on.

#4505 6 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:Running the beta code now The cool blood/spacium playfield-multiplier system made it over from Halloween with some tweaks, really adds a lot more importance to those shots… I’m draining like crazy chasing standups which I never did before. Giant Fuji hurry up shot is sweet. Noticing lots of little tweaks here and there, new callouts and video clips. Good stuff! Nice work everyone and good stream Bug.

Halloween has come a long way, I feel that your next and the pin is going to really make people happy.

1 month later
#4628 4 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

While checking the Spooky for announcement today, I spot this picture:
Is it me or is it an UM with the HWN code?
[quoted image]

That has to be a pic, notice how blurry it is. Also, looks like blue tape in the upper right corner.

As a HWN owner, how are UM owners feeling? I absolutely love HWN now, even if its tough!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.