(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

First, there are just a lot of good games coming out

I’ve never seen so many good games and themes all at once. I wanted to buy 4 games NIB now!! I agree that’s a pretty significant factor. I bought Ultraman first, so the other three just have to wait. But for those with fomo and seeing the glam and then hearing people complaining about UM code and seeing prices drop…pretty easy to get persuaded to jump and grab something being delivered sooner.

4 weeks later
#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Hey BigBalls - check your PMs

I’m pretty sure BigBalls doesnt want to sell - just wants to create some pricing drama.

Yeah - most games have skyrocketed - but there’s a pattern based on theme and mainstream. A good theme (Godzilla) from stern (a mainstream pinball company) has a lot of demand because of awareness across the entire pinball community spectrum - both Noobs and long time enthusiasts.

I got my first game 22 years ago, always had a collection of 4-6 games - and only just recently became aware of spooky recently primarily because I just joined pinside recently. New pinball entrants have no idea who spooky is and there’s no corresponding demand. And for sure a newbie is not going to be comfortable purchasing from a boutique firm like spooky off the bat. They’ll go mainstream.

UM is going to be my first spooky game, and the art package got me. But I also have patience and not a ton of fomo. I’ve got plenty of games to play while code develops. I’ve got 3 sterns that’s basically feel the same…so I’m looking forward to variety and a unique layout.

#168 signing off.

2 months later
#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:never ending software bugs
such a rough code
spitting out random balls for no reason
holding balls in scoop for no reason
end of ball for no reason, etc

Always be trolling! Plus this dude will send multiple DMs that don’t make sense and then ask you if you’ve been drinking (and no I haven’t turbs)

Quoted from guitarded:

Whiny ass bitches in the Owner's Thread...the problems are just endless.

Splitting hairs here, but he’s a prior owner. Flipped Halloween the day after he thought they were sold out. Then lost money when trying to sell his UM spot.

Here’s a fun fact: every owner thread I’ve ever read from every manufacturer has people that have problems with their game straight out of the box. And some owners of those same games have zero issues. Same here with UN. Have you seen the scoop issue on Rush? Or pooling issues on GNR? Or encounter issues on Mando and switch issues on Mando and Godzilla and broken ramps on Mando, etc etc etc. it’s part of the hobby and the fun quite frankly.

At least Spooky’s playfields are not falling apart…and at least someone from spooky will engage with you and make a fix for the broad community when you have an issue (and so will AP). But I personally fought for months and months and months on issues with Stern. And I’ve heard JJP says it’s your fault if your playfield crumbles…so yeah.

Everyone that bought UM knew spooky is a boutique company and that’s part of the charm. If you have real issues, bring them to the table as feedback for spooky and know they’ll take care of it.

If you gambled on a flip and lost…suck it up.

But quit whining.

2 weeks later
#1629 2 years ago

Just got the options email from Spooky.

1 week later
#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Congrats to SKWilson and marksf123 for getting their UM! I am at 189 - no options email yet but it has to be getting close I would think! I saw Riefepeters (168) got the options email. Anyone above that? The closer it gets the more times a day I have been checking my email...

I can update that 168 is on the truck for delivery!

#1734 2 years ago

All right all right all right all right. UM 168 landed last night and I had a chance to put a few games on yesterday and today. I can honestly state that I have absolutely no idea why so many have been whining and crying about their Ultraman game.

This game plays completely different from any spike 2 game from Stern, and different from any 90s BW game. It’s unique. And that’s why it’s great.

I’ve also been putting a lot of games on my Godzilla lately. Godzilla and UM are wildly different but they are both excellent.

UM: gorgeous. Beautiful. High quality toys and mechs. This is a high end puce of art. No point in modding this perfection. Game play is calculated and slower paced. Wide variety of shots and plenty of depth in current code. Very unique playfield layout with interesting challenges like climbing through the uppers. The left lifter does not feel delayed at all, the right lifter can seem like a short wait. Some Opportunities for flow and combo, but much calculated with some pacing and stop and go. This game takes longer to boot up than my Houdini (damn that’s long) and I usually just drink a glass of whine while waiting. It’s unlikely the 8 year old will achieve a great score or unlock much depth from random flipping.

GZ: one of sterns best game play titles. Very flowy. Lots of shot variety and an incredible amount of flow and combo opportunity. Fast paced. While Playfield art is great, Toys are all flat plastic and cannot even be put in the same division as UM. I have a very strong desire to mod this game to get more visual Interest and even $800 in mods still won’t get it close to UM. This game is not as stunning to look at. The depth of modes and gameplay is unparalleled. It’s possible the 8 year old can flip his way into a great score as well as a few multiball modes (actually confirmed with my 8 year old).

And guess what, if you follow the Godzilla club thread you’ve got a ton of people complaining about tweaks they’ve had to make to their ganes to make them playable too. This is not unique to spooky and/or UM.

Both games call me back for more.

Anyone that appreciates diversity and character in their pinball line up will appreciate UM. It brings something that no other game can bring. The French refer to it as that je ne sais quoi.

Can I say UM is better than GZ? No. But I also can’t say the opposite. I have an appreciation of both. I can, however, Understand how GZ appeals more to the masses - much like how a Starbucks mocha appeals to more of the masses than a pour over from your high end local cafe or chugging a few beers appeals to more than sipping a bourbon. And that’s the difference. But there’s no reason to cry and whine when you’ve got a pour over in your hand…or bourbon.

#1745 2 years ago

Maybe it’s just me…but I can’t stop playing the new UM right now. And I’ve got both GZ and AIQ new to me in the last week as well. The game is great. There’s just something about having the second (Bemular) and third level (Jirahs) modes on top of the pigman modes (typical main field kaiju battles. And you’ve got baltan multi ball on top of that. If you’re telling me this version of the code is incomplete I’m like wwwhhhhhaat?

324DDD19-1361-42A2-B171-420DA23A2B10 (resized).jpeg324DDD19-1361-42A2-B171-420DA23A2B10 (resized).jpeg

628CEB9B-81FE-4606-A993-7D5E8D8B01A6 (resized).jpeg628CEB9B-81FE-4606-A993-7D5E8D8B01A6 (resized).jpeg
#1751 2 years ago

I’ve put some meat on this game and now have A few comments and questions. My high score so far is $50M with most games landing between $15-25M.

3rd level: ripping those spinners and crossing the bridge before the timer runs out has to be one of the most satisfying of moments in pinball. Tip: if the ball drains to level two, try to flip it through the upper right drain from the second level to avoid falling into the subway/lifter and eating up the time.

A few tips on Bemular on 2nd level: at first this was a frustrating level. 80% of Clean shots up the right ramp just exit out into the shooter drop so fast. Holding the left flipper up would make it exit down the upper right drain to the main level. So many ways for the ball to exit the 2nd level without even having a chance to flip it on that level! Aargh! But I’ve developed a new strategy: start a pigmon mode and select gomora. After hitting the 3 drops the middle ramp to HQ/3rd level opens during gomora. Don’t cross the bridge but just Let the ball drop to the 2nd level and it’s a nice and easy feed to the 2nd level flipper to make Bemular progress. Once you get the 2nd level drop down and sink the ball, keep the left flipper up for a trap on reentry so you can mail the next round of shots on level 2.

Questions: will you ever have a second chance at Bemular? Seems like if you don’t get all the way to battle Bemular in the first time you open the mode then you don’t ever have the chance to open up the 2nd playfield again to get to it. If that’s the case, how do we get to the final wizard? Seems like I can play baltan multiball over again.

Opening skill shot: hitting the Ultraman target on the far right as the first target traps the ball behind the drop. Hitting the drop target with the next ball releases and creates a two ball multi — but what’s the mode? What’s the goal? Is there any goal to achieve during this multi? Or is it just an extra ball for fun?

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are your scores in money?

My game is paying me out. Wait…you didn’t get the payout CE version?!?! Best ROI!

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Opening skill shot: hitting the Ultraman target on the far right as the first target traps the ball behind the drop. Hitting the drop target with the next ball releases and creates a two ball multi — but what’s the mode? What’s the goal? Is there any goal to achieve during this multi? Or is it just an extra ball for fun?

Anyone have any insights on the opening skill shot to the right UM target and the ensuing 2 ball multiball mode?!?

Has anyone else been targeting to start their ball play this way?

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Right now I'd think about it as a physical ball save / extra ball. The goal is to lock the ball and not release it. Then when you drain it releases and you are still playing.

Oh snap. I did not realize it released with a ball drain. I’ve just always hit it right away to release. Adding a ball to every ball sounds like a good strategy to me!

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

For Jirahs I’m hoping the timer stalls any time the ball is not in play

When the ball drops to the 2nd level, try to flip it out into the upper right so it drains to the main playfield without losing time in the subway and lifter. This should help your time. Then it’s really just a matter of finding that sweet spot to rip the spinners. If I rip this things with 2 or 3 really good shots I’m ready to cross the bridge. So if you can take down the jirah in two trips to the upper playfield you’re pretty golden. I think the current programming is pretty good as I’m crossing that bridge probably 33% of the time I’m intentionally going to battle some jirah. I’m a mediocre player. And I agree it’s a most satisfying feeling…incomparable to any other non wizard mode accomplishment of other games.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Airballs will also take that out..

I’ve put quite a few games on and have zero issues with airballs. No problems here!

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Question on the 2 ball multi-ball: should any first hit into that spot trigger the drop target and trap the ball? I have hit the shot countless times since getting my game last Fall but have never locked a ball there. I am wondering if there's something wrong on my machine or if it's a lack of rules knowledge. I did at least verify in the Game settings that the target moves up/down.

I believe it just has to be the FIRST target hit. So if one of your targets on the left are still red as a skill shot option; then hitting the right Ultraman target first instead is the skill shot and locks her up.

1 week later
#1821 1 year ago

I have UM Currently sitting next to the shadow and I was like…you know, this game kind of reminds me of the shadow.

I haven’t been able to play much the past week or so, but I put a few games on tonight and it’s just so great.

If I were to concisely explain this game it would go something like:
-reminiscent of 90s B/W rulesets
-slower paced than modern sterns
-highly unique layout with 2 additional playfield levels - each with their own mini games/modes
-requires intentional gameplay and shotmaking - not likely to unlock modes or multi balls by just flipping like you might in other modern games
-hot damn gorgeous

It’s just a very nice complement to the collection and it’s nice to have something a little different.

FWIW: my game pretty much played flawlessly out of the box. I still drink a glass of wine waiting for this thing to boot up, but if that’s my only complaint then that aint much to complain about!

#1827 1 year ago

Best art hands down by my accords. But everyone has a different idea of what they appreciate and think is best.

2 weeks later
#1999 1 year ago

the game is literally great as it stands now. Code refinements will only make it better and is just extra credit in my book. I really don’t care about the timer still plugging away when the ball goes into the scoop…it’s still attainable to defeat the jirahs. It shouldn’t be a gimme anyway.

Nonetheless…I’m very happy with the game as it stands and I feel like I’m going to be sitting on a long term keeper when this code is fully refined given all the items that have been hinted at by spooky in the last 24 hours.

UM is my first spooky game - and I’m buying all future good themes baby! Scooby doo for sure if it’s in the pipeline.

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I will 'hopefully' be picking my game up in a couple days from a shipment center and was wondering, has anyone moved the game in box laying down? I know they are shipped upright and have the tilt indicator to make sure it stayed upright but am worried about moving it standing up in a small enclosed trailer with straps. Also, anyone know which side of the box is the 'top' of the game? I would imagine if i did lie it down it should be lying with the glass facing up.

Yes, you can ship that thing lying down. Whatever side says hand truck on this side, that side should be on the ground. That’s the bottom of the game.

1 week later
#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I with the prices of like new CE’s so low, I could pick one up cheaper than paying the balance on my BSE. Has anyone just walked away from their deposit?

If you can buy a CE now for less than your BSE…do it! Especially if it’s local. And walk away. I would. That’s a fantastic deal. It’s a great game and the only reason these games are still cheap is momentum and inertia. But eventually the tide turns. A walking away would kind of stink for spooky…but eventually they’ll sell it too!

1 week later
#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

4 months ago...
Quoted from Betelgeuse:
It can't get much worse than this, unless deposit spots for free becomes a thing.
Today...
Quoted from sataneatscheese:
And people are now officially giving away pre-order spots for free. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137022
So what will happen to all of these deferred and unsold spots when it gets near the end of the CE run *and* there are no secondary buyers to take over those spots? Will all of those people just forfeit their deposit $ to Spooky? Will those machines even be built?

I’d like to be quoted in 18 months when UM under $10k is a dream for people. And they will say, “remember when you could get it sub $7k or pickup a deposit spot for free? Wish I was wiser back then to jump on it”

3 weeks later
#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This game has some real potential.. Honestly think it could be better than The Shadow down the road

Agreed. And speaking of the shadow, I said it once before and I’ll say it again - Ultraman makes me think of the shadow. UM has that 90s BW feel and play and I thinks that’s part of why I like it so much, and further it’s reminiscent of traits of the shadow, and that’s why I like it even more.

Hears a shout to UM day 2022…

3 months later
#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All pins break all the time.

As much as I hate to admit…truth.

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yeah I understand that. But buying from new with as many faults poor choice in materials and shoddy
Workmanship is unacceptable for the price paid. If you new car had this many faults pretty sure you wouldn’t be happy. Or a new TV Cinema set up etc. you would be asking for a replacement. New lounge suite that was coming apart at the Sri hi g and frame buckled. Reclining Mechanism not working. Pretty sure you wouldn’t won’t to be fixing them yourself.

You probably already know this, but it’s not just spooky with NIB issues. I’ve had NIB issues with AP and Stern. Personally I’ve had the most issues with Stern NIB because they WILL NOT help you at all from a customer service perspective. At least both AP and Spooky will treat you like a VIP person and help you out…but those are just my experiences.

2 weeks later
#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

but when I finally got a person on the phone they said that despite it being here in town they were a full week (at least) behind.

That is crazy! Every NIB that gets delivered here is pretty quick. Company calls me and says “package is arriving in town Tuesday. Can you take it Wednesday?” If I try to delay a day or two given my scheduling and availability to be home, the carrier never wants to hold it and and pushes me hard to take it asap! Every time! (And by every time I mean 3 times in past 18 months)

3 months later
#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

Someone on the Spooky team - can you PM me to try and help out or should I go through Spooky tech support? I'm out of commission... Thanks!!

You need to call spooky support. You should not expect them to reach out to you based on a comment posted on a forum.

2 months later
#3969 11 months ago

Dear UM haters, please accept my apologies.

I just played 45 minutes on my UM and it was darn fun. I really enjoyed it. The code since the last update is fantastic with a lot to achieve and holy smokes it sure is satisfying crossing the bridge. It’s certainly a players game.

I’m scratching my head trying to figure out the complaints about “base code” and “graphics”.

All around it’s fantastic. My only regret is buying it at msrp with all the haters dumping it at $6k. But then again, I would pay msrp for this game again today. So maybe I don’t have regrets…

#3985 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Played the game alot with the last update and i'm still struggling with the head to head quarters mode. its just not fun up there if you can't make the shots reliably and then when the ball drains to the middle playfield its still feels like there's nothing to do other than let it drain and try to shoot up top again.
I think you should still be able to complete the mode from the middle playfield and start the mb, but with some jackpot scores reduced or less balls for multiball maybe etc. Otherwise it just feels so boring...
I think spooky really needs to see how other people play this game. It always look fine on their streams, but then when you can't make a shot yourself there really is no alternative path with this code, its all or nothing and then that's where frustration and early sales lie..
Just my view

And by quarters you mean jirahs? I believe you can make progress from middle playfield. Middle scoop destroys just like spinners and targets add life. But yeah, to get to MB you need to cross the bridge and I think it’s ok to require that shot.

I’m pretty sure You can also have a mode going and be making progress on that mode instead so I’m not sure why it would be boring or considered all or nothing.

#4010 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I am excited for the next update. I'm not trying to rain on you or spooky at all. Just i wish we could have more info on the updates on a regular basis, the update plan/roadmap and maybe have more beta code to try out and comment on. Privately would be fine to , not on here obviously.
I think honest feedback is important to, i'm just not loving the middle playfield. I wish it was integrated better into more of the mbs and features.

Spooky is awesome because they are boutique and they care. And the interact here. But have you seen code roadmaps from stern and JJP? What do we expect so much more from the boutique guys?

I say let spooky spend their time working. It’s takes effort and distractions to put out “material” versus just doing it.

1 week later
#4040 11 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

We really, really need smaller code updates more often.

Meh…I disagree.

Just keep up the investment into the game code and improvements and release them when ready. Do what’s most efficient for the business and what makes the most sense to make the most progress in the shortest amount of time. Who knows, releasing multiple small updates more often could take 3x as long because every release is…well…a public release.

4 months later
#4528 6 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

New awesome extra ball video

Remind me…how does one earn an extra ball?

Nice update overall. Thank you spooky team for keeping on keeping on!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riefepeters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=Riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.