(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Yours is not a Club thread. Club threads can't be started until games are in hands, which they now are.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I think KnockerPTSD was just providing the link for the tracker he is maintaining.

Oh, duh. My bad.

3 weeks later
#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"Unlock House"? Oops, lol.....add that to the list of bugs, Bug.

I was just reading through this and was about to post that lol. A copy/paste mistake

1 month later
#111 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Glad ya like it! That numbers thing was on me. I had time to get the plaques made and cut, sent to Japan for Ultraman himself, Mr. Bin Furuya to sign them all.... or number them and miss that window.
I think it was worth it.
[quoted image]

Does this mean that maybe Mr. Furuya signed some extras for Bloodsuckers or Standards? Maybe an optional purchase? Fingers crossed.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We didn't get the deal in place for Bin to sign these until the 11th hour, so every game gets a signature plaque as a bonus. All 500. No charge.
The team is working hard on all the game play elements right now. More than we can say.
Welcome to the Science Patrol! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Awesome unexpected bonus, Charlie. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Spooky team, as well.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Looking to do 1.05 another major content update for both somewhere around the holidays for everyone to enjoy!

This means we'll have the updates ready for Pincinnati, I assume. WOOT!

1 week later
#434 2 years ago

Got to put a couple games on this (and Halloween) at Pincinnati before the tournaments got started.

Game shoots nice. It's even more gorgeous in person. Halloween is also stunning in person. Even though, I've seen many vids of gameplay, I still lost a dang ball in the lifters during multiball because I wasn't paying attention. That'll take some getting used to.

I am looking forward to seeing the game develop even more. I was stuck in the tournament area most of the show, so I didn't get to chat with the Team Spooky, unfortunately.

3 weeks later
#840 2 years ago

I like the new Dada mode. Reminds me of Juggernaut a bit. I like the idea of him (and more future modes) being locked and earning them as you complete the standard modes. Looking good, Spooky.

#842 2 years ago

SpookyLuke
Not sure if it has been asked or answered before, but could you advise why the mode scoop has a metal protector and the 3 Baltan/Hedge scoops do not?

Thanks, in advance.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Are you done already?

It was a short stream. I got to catch most of it. Seems like this channel doesn't keep the VODs like I'm used to seeing.

#858 2 years ago

Watching Mando's stream, I did hear Kyle's voice calls repeat and cut off and repeat themselves again. Probably something worth looking into for the Spooky team.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Its really cool, they just need to clean it up. For example you can here the callouts that repeat like a broken record.
I think once they tie all this stuff together, get the super uber wizard modes in, make all the modes like Dada with the new UI etc this game will be a hit!
I do agree that the lifters can be tricky if you have never played it before. One suggestion I have for Spooky is dont flash the flasher by the scoop, that makes it seem it will come out there. Now I know it wont , but a new player wont.
I will stream it again , maybe next update. I would have done longer but A. I figured everyone was bored, and B the flipper needed to be fixed. I think it was a little oily , we wiped it with alcohol hopefully the slipping is a thing of the past.

We weren't bored. Mine is a ways out at #426, so happy to live vicariously, for now.

1 week later
#925 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Does anyone know who did the callouts on this game?

Kyle Yount is the male voice. He hosts Kaijucast. Bug mentions the woman in one of the many interviews, but I don't recall off hand.

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Actually we started to have freezing rain, so we ended up not going. Hopefully tomorrow.

Luke, thanks for those videos. My game is a ways off, but I'm sure you will have it dialed in nicely. I wondered about something after seeing your game with that top plastic off. Are they all milled with that tear drop cut out being misaligned with the art, so much? Or has that been fixed this far into production? It also just dawned on me that there is a Baltan spinner on the Jirahs playfield. LOL

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What number is spooky currently with Ultraman?? I’m all in on this theme since I watch and enjoy this as a kid. Hoping to get this as a complete finish game when it arrives. I believe I’m 250sh. I haven’t had a chance to play this in the wild

Early 100's as of now.

1 week later
#1194 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

First I want to publicly apologize for the inappropriate picture I posted in this thread.
I’m sincerely sorry to anyone I offended.
This is definitely a family friendly theme and I should of known better.
I’m here for the same reason you all here to share our love for this awesome hobby and this game.
I’m not going to ramble on and waste anymore of your time.
I did get my Ultraman and we love it!
You won’t be disappointed when you get yours.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet RC sign.

2 weeks later
#1302 2 years ago

Glad to see how this is coming along. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

1 week later
#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrighty, got it set up in its temporary spot - got a few games on it, but gotta do a few tweaks before really “playing”….but so far, pretty cool.
Quick question - the topper light strip is supposed to do cool FX, right? Mine didn’t work out of the box, but I wiggled the wires a bit and the lights came on - but they’re only white & red. No strobing, color changing or flashing.
Oh, and is the machine’s number supposed to be displayed anywhere? R&M had the number on the plaque, but my UM doesn’t seem to have it.
BTW, the multicolor sparkle on the speaker cutouts is CRAZY - is that how the whole armor is going to look on the Standard version? Holy moly, why didn’t they do the CE armor like that?!
[quoted image][quoted image]

No numbers on the Ultraman games plaques. There was mention in one of the threads that they weren't sure how many they would need so the made them all the same. Benefit is, even standard games will have Bin's signature. That sparkle armor will be on the bloodsucker model.

1 week later
#1408 2 years ago

You will never please everyone, no matter what. I personally like the cool display surrounds made up of the Matt Frank art. Going from that, to full screen, then back looks choppy to me.

1 week later
#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not sure if this was shared here.. apologize if it has, but David at Ulek came up with these. I just ordered two for mine (apron and backbox).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are cool looking. I know it's a minor gripe, but I feel like the Bin Furuya signature plaque should be centered over that right speaker, rather than jammed into the corner.

2 weeks later
#1621 2 years ago

They are in the 150's right now, I believe.

1 month later
#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Any suggestions on covering the routed slots on the backbox?

I'd say matte black vinyl cut into an elongated oval. If you or someone you know has a cricut machine, that'd be the cheapest way. My neighbor cut me some matte black circles to cover the hinge bolts inside Stern cabs. They used to come covered with black vinyl, but that was years ago.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Lock bar. Coin box.
*crying*

Looks like rough seedy underbelly comic shop.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Spooky will send you a new one. It happens a lot to the Halloween version of the flasher. The pumpkin is far more exposed to a ball strike. That being said, you could take this opportunity to redesign how the toy is mounted and eliminate the problem. I even removed the socket on my Halloween.

It seems globbing silicone all over the bulb and socket and merging it into the housing (pumpkin/beta capsule) is short sighted. How are owners supposed to change the bulb down the road? How did you deal with this on your Halloween?

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is what I did with the help of a couple parts from Comet pinball. The clear platform is Lexan and provides a superior mounting point. The goofy socket is completely gone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your approach, but I may try something that keeps the socket in play for easier bulb change down the line.

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I was particular how I typed that because their message said "new content".....but "new animations" makes it sound like new animations *instead of TV footage. You know how HWN has animations to replace the movie footage, but UM doesn't so far. It may just be a new "console" design etc and new UM vs ENEMY pics with still the same TV footage (and maybe more TV stuff). Just some speculations/thoughts/semantics until they get more specific.

I would assume new stuff that is not footage. They have said that Tsuburaya gave them all the footage from the get go. Looking forward to it, regardless.

#1977 1 year ago

Game is shaping up nicely guys. And Bug, your live catches are on point in this latest video.

#1978 1 year ago

I hear alot of Loomis jackpot calls in Halloween, but not much Kyle/Fuji jackpot calls in Ultraman. Could've been the volume, but not sure. Also, did you guys have them record "Ultra Jackpot" speech calls? That'd be sweet.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

AAAAAH still with the Jirahs timer running while in the scoop. That mode and the end of it were my favorite part of the game but is now just annoying. I lose a minimum of 10 seconds while I’m just trying to select the first battle and move on but the game is beepin and boopin at me while the ball goes on a side quest and precious seconds are wasting. I don’t understand how that could possibly be seen as a good idea. Make the timer less if you must but have it pause when the player is not in control. But alas, I guess this game is just not for me.

It should definitely pause when stuff like that is going on. Hell, Stern games pause the timer when you cradle, so you can't time stuff out. It's all fixable in code.

1 week later
#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I just paid for #302. PinballStar was the distributor.

There will be a long hiatus after the 350s. Once all the CEs are produced, BSEs will be on hold while they finish up Halloween CEs.

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I just brought home UM CE butter. Serial # UTM071210092.
Can anyone tell me the game # from this?
How can I tell the current code?
The code does not display on the screen upon power up.
It does show Starting Version Z3Z or 232, followed by "Welcome to Pinix etc."
If it is on the original code I was considering updating it.
thanks,

Game number 92, per the last 3 digits.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

With Spooky nearing 300 on UM and 676 on Halloween, that is 900-ish in right? I know they don't produce in true numerical order and there are some people who asked to be skipped, but didn't spooky say they are doing 40 per week now? At that rate they should finish up this year, parts shortage notwithstanding? Or are people getting updates on timing from distributors? Spooky always gets faster during the course of a run.

I'm sure parts has something to do with it. At one point, they had like 50 games assembled, but waiting on boards, I believe, per one of the threads.

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The powder coat on the BSE WILL NOT RUB OFF. This is not an issue. If it’s not metallic vein powder (which it’s not) it is not in danger of rubbing off.

Agreed. From this video, it's the reason I went bse over standard.

#2168 1 year ago

My R&M Standard number was lower than the highest BSE. I believe it has to do with pre-allocated distributor numbers.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

4 months ago...

Today...

So what will happen to all of these deferred and unsold spots when it gets near the end of the CE run *and* there are no secondary buyers to take over those spots? Will all of those people just forfeit their deposit $ to Spooky? Will those machines even be built?

That's a good question. I recall there being a large batch of brand new ACNC before the Halloween/Ultraman announcement. That was due to a large distributor order being cancelled or something, I believe I read.

2 weeks later
#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I believe it does say on the selection screen that it was not available...I just didn't see it as it was my first time there...but an audible "tick" of some sort to know that your're pressing the button, but that its not allowed would have been helpful...had a minor flipper issue, seems it was just a connector issue, pulled the pin, and reinstalled and all good now...awesome customer service Spooky...and that playfiled is so sweet....don't get the hate for this game...

Perhaps a negative sounding buzzer along with a flash of translucent red over the display would be good for when a player tries to select a locked mode.

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It seems to be twice on my UM. Doesn't seem to matter, 2 left orbits, 2 right orbits or 1 of each.
It would be great if there was some indicator like "Shoot orbits to reset drop targets" on the display, or if you made 1 orbit, the orbit inserts would pulse or flash until you made the 2nd orbit and the drops reset.
RM

I believe it goes up by one shot after each mode, as well. This is where there could be some more polish applied. Like you mention, lighting effects and on screen instructions, etc.

1 week later
#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I was very surprised to get an email from our distributer today regarding our BSE UM. Apparently Spooky is finishing up the last few CE builds and will be moving on to BSE this month. The most recent UM I have seen mentioned here in the forum was 258, have they managed to make 165 more games in the last month? I ask because we are number 423, so I was surprised they had jumped that far. I thought I was being hopeful to get it early in 2023.
Hopefully not just an error I want to see UM next to R&M in my living room

They just posted they expect to be done with CEs in a couple months. I am BSE 426, so I'm interested if this was a jumping the gun thing or not.

#2671 1 year ago

On Ultraman Day, we unboxed my buddy's CE #113. It had been in the box a while. He has a ton of games and rotates them into the bar. We were not able to get the brand new code on because it was not out by the time we were in the middle of everything. We did get 1.07 loaded and played a bunch that day. Everyone that played remarked that the hate these games are receiving is unjustified. Playing just made me more excited for my BSE coming up later. The only tweak we had to make was where the ball exits the top playfield. It was getting stuck and we had to put a skinnier post in there for reliability. I guess 2 tweaks. One connector had some not so great crimps where the wire and insulation were not being held very well. New crimp pins took care of that. Next week, we'll put 1.08 on there and play test a bunch more. Even made some sweet Ultraman Day shirts for the occasion.

ultramanZ (resized).JPGultramanZ (resized).JPG

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

On Ultraman Day, we unboxed my buddy's CE #113. It had been in the box a while. He has a ton of games and rotates them into the bar. We were not able to get the brand new code on because it was not out by the time we were in the middle of everything. We did get 1.07 loaded and played a bunch that day. Everyone that played remarked that the hate these games are receiving is unjustified. Playing just made me more excited for my BSE coming up later. The only tweak we had to make was where the ball exits the top playfield. It was getting stuck and we had to put a skinnier post in there for reliability. I guess 2 tweaks. One connector had some not so great crimps where the wire and insulation were not being held very well. New crimp pins took care of that. Next week, we'll put 1.08 on there and play test a bunch more. Even made some sweet Ultraman Day shirts for the occasion.
[quoted image]

Loading 1.08 tonight on this bad boy.

#2718 1 year ago

Long term goal, I hope for a tournament mode where extra ball is not an option or really any of the buying points. Gotta earn every point in tournaments.

#2722 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I upgraded my LCD on my Rick & Morty. It did make a noticeable difference in that the darks were darker and more crisp. Has anyone done the same LCD upgrade on Ultraman? Is it worth doing? Any before and after shots?
It’s an expense upgrade, I’d do it again on R&M, but I’m on the fence for UM since I’m not sure if it would improve the live action as much.

You could test the theory by taking the RM display and putting it in Ultraman to see if you think it's worth it.

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Meh…that install was a bit of a PITA to tell you the truth. They say it’s a twenty minute deal but it took me a bit over an hour…close to 90 minutes. I’m glad I did it on R&M…I actually didn’t realize how gray the darks really were…

Ugh. Yeah, I was thinking a 20 minute change could give you your answer. Bummer.

#2739 1 year ago
Quoted from deosil:

Oh wow that's further than I expected. Can't believe that SEs are in sight

They will stop Ultraman cold when they run out of CEs and finish only Halloween CEs before moving to Ultraman BSE and SE.

1 week later
#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ugh, Everyone wanted maximum production speed well here's the sacrifice you get with poorer quality trying to rush them out the door.

Yeah. I don't know if Spooky uses a crimping machine or hand crimps, but it seems to be an issue. Spooky, take your time, we will be fine.

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Is there any more info from Spooky regarding if they are done with fix's and code?
Is this it??

Code is not done. They continue to work on it daily.

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Spooky introduced automated Molex crimping with HWN/UM… Photo is in their Facebook timeline:
[quoted image]

Perhaps it needs calibration. Loose crimps seem to be an issue.

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, they are both working great.

It works fine during play. It will release the captive ball is struck by a ball and has no problem coming up and down on its own when no ball is held in the Danesi lock. Yes, it tries to pull it down when the ball is there but it just kind of shakes slightly and gives up. In ball search it will shake it slightly when it tries to pull it down but it won’t come down if a ball is there.

Yes, this is my thoughts as well. It is physical with the machine in some way, not at all a software bug.

Maybe try a stronger spring or make the drop coil a bit more sensitive? By that I mean make it not have to pull in so much to drop the target. I haven't looked at this mech personally, but I imagine there is a physical adjustment that can be made to accomplish this.

1 month later
#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

BSE UM 404 "butter not found" delivered today. Going to get some games on it and follow up but it looks good so far
[quoted image]

Suweeeet. Where's the Bin Furuya signature plaque? ALL models should have them.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

399 showed up today. Passed my initial testing and is playing quite well.
Today has been a good day.
[quoted image]

I'm hoping the signature plaque is in the coinbox maybe? 2nd BSE posted with it missing. Congrats on getting it home.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Can anyone tell me how the science patrol shot is supposed to work? Other then off the skill shot how do you lock a ball?

Hit it 5 times and it will lock the ball there. You can release it by hitting it for a 2x multiplier as long as the ball is in play. If you drain without releasing, it will release as a physical ball save.

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You seem really concerned about those plaques.

As a concerned buyer, I am. Charlie indicated that all models would receive the Bin Furuya signature plaques and every CE we've seen posted as owners have received them, had the signature plaque. First 2 Bloodsuckers that have been received by pinsiders have the plaque missing, so it is a concern. They shouldn't have ran out of them. Bin signed 500 and that's how many Ultraman games are being made.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The plaques are being shipped separately for BSE. Everyone chillax.

I believe the discussion regarding BSE plaques being shipped separately was regarding the Bella T Bat plaques like on, Rick and Morty. The Ultraman signature plaques have nothing to do with what model you got. All 500 were signed long ago, again according to Charlie, so why send them separate?

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No. The numbered plaques are coming for BSE Ultraman and Halloween. Confirmed by bug in the Halloween forum (which you all should be following for up to date info)

That's what I'm saying. The plaques I'm talking about are not those. The white signature plaques for Ultraman are not numbered and are to be included on all 500 games. They were produced and signed back at the beginning of production. They have been on all the CEs which have been delivered.

1 week later
#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If it's on Free Play, this doesn't matter.
If you have it set to Coin Play (is it on location?) if you turn it off and back on, and any active credits disappear, isn't that how every pinball machine works?
RM

Most games remember credits that were on it, assuming it is working correctly. Battery/ram/etc.

2 weeks later
#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am saying your distributor should be requesting the info from Spooky and then letting you know

If your distributor has 5 customers with orders and their next shipment they only get 2 games, how would Spooky even know which customers will get them? Your distributor took the orders.

The games are numbered. It's not like the distributor got 2 and this guy was 3 on the list. They specifically call out number XXX is going the line, time to pay.

#3080 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not how it works.

That IS how it works. You get the call that your game is going on the line soon and they want the final payment. The point is that it's not like when a distributor gets 7 games in their allocation of 10 and if you were number 8 on the list, then you have to wait for the next allocation.

1 week later
#3113 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Just joined the club. Got delivered this morning. Looks awesome in my lineup.

Aww, his front feet look cold.

#3125 1 year ago

The check is in the mail....for 426 BSE. Woot!!

1 week later
#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I’ve not seen multiple ball ejects, but I have started seeing a problem where it auto plunges at the start of every ball. I’ve done switch tests and all seems well. There were several users in the Halloween owners thread that reported the same issue, but no fix seems to have been found.

I think, but am not sure, that if you are getting an instant auto plunge, the game thinks something on the playfield has already been hit/activated. I'd go to switch test and bang the playfield in the center with my fist to see if any switches register, as they may be too closely adjusted.

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Alright, here's some pics of the standard model. As noted, it's all cosmetic, and no decals are included on this model, including spinners, signature plaque, and the science patrol pin. I didn't take any pics of inside the cab, as that appears to be the same with a massive sub and controls.

Congrats on getting the game. You should have received a signature plaque. ALL models, even standard, should get one, per Charlie.

Here is his confirmation, very early on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/3#post-6622158

Please contact Spooky to get your plaque. Also, I understand no inner art blades, but no spinner decals? That doesn't seem right.

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah see...I did find some of these. Nothing that came out of the actual crimped pin like that, but plenty that came right out of the housing. I don't know whether to blame Spooky, or blame my wife for sideswiping a curb driving the U-Haul while the pins were in it. What I can say is it was perfectly fine after I got it here and set it up, for a few days, and then all the coil power shit the bed. Of course, Godzilla is perfectly fine after that.
Are these .125 pitch pins? I can't even remember what size trifurcons I have after all this time. If I'm going to have to dick with every single pin and housing, I might as well just treat it like a Bally and re-pin the entire goddamn thing all at once.
Still haven't figured out my issue. I saw someone saying their shaker motor was blowing a fuse because of house grounding? I paid some asshole electrician 4k to fix the grounding in this house, so if my issue turns out to be even remotely related to that, going to seriously think about suing that fucker for non-completion of contracted work. I already had to call them back out once because they left my washer socket un-wired (after the other half of the reason for them being out in the first place was to replace aluminum wiring for the dryer and to check everything out and make sure it was safe).

Don't have my game yet, but the common header/pin sizes are .100 (no trifurcon option) and .156 which are available in standard and trifurcon.

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

They make a really detailed and cool looking Beta Capsule, it only costs around $350. amazon.com link »
I am leaning more to a detailed diarama with UM fighting some Kaiju. I can use "fire LEDs" and "lightning LEDs" to have sparks and fire, and there are LOTs of videos on YT about building realistic minitatures (best ones from WETA who made LOTR) and it seems that it should be relatively easy (but time consuming) to make something better than what came on the CE.

I look forward to the release of your $2000 Ultraman topper

1 week later
#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I volunteer to test UM code.
I have 4 years of experience as a Software QA Analyst, but admittedly quite a while ago.
LMK if you want people to field-test code.
RussMyers

Ditto, here. I have 20 years of nitpicking and complaining about pinball code, lol. Happy to help test.

1 week later
#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Complete any 2 quick Kaiju battles and the scoop will turn green for an extra ball. Complete 3 quick battles and you'll like the scoop orange for Pigmon multiball.

This is something that needs polish, then. Orange is the universally accepted EB color. Purple for Gottlieb back in the day, but mostly orange. Green means lock, red means jackpot. If you have the ability to make any light any color, it seems going with the old standbys that we all know is a good idea.

1 week later
#3383 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue in the spacium store where this happens? So, I have 4 spacium. I want to choose open headquarters for 3 spacium. It won't select it. I move to outlane save which also costs 3 spacium and it will let me purchase it and takes the spacium away. Perhaps the code thinks it is more than 4 spacium to get open headquarters, but is displaying the wrong cost?

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Is headquarters already open? Are you in a mode where opening headquarters wouldn’t be available?

Hmmm, good questions. I'll have to do some glass off testing tonight.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I thought both extra ball and open HQ didn’t work in the store, and were to be addressed in a future update.

Not sure. Haven't been following since I was one of the last games on the line. Only had it since Sunday.

1 month later
#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Great post and exactly what i was hoping to see now you are on board and working to improve ultraman (and halloween).
What i'd like to know is how many of the comments i made previously are sorted in the next update??. See below for a summary. Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------
Things I’d like to see in the next update are:
- monster battling progression save (urgent!)
- better use of the middle playfield when head to headquarters is running and other reasons to shoot for it (eg add a ball if you get the mb going or qualifying a double scoring timer for the mb to once running.. )
- head to headquarters sometimes clashes with a battle mode so that interaction needs improving (especially the upper drop target logic)
- more std use of rgb colours for features like eb orange, lock green, jackpot red and only using green for locks etc as others have said
- bottom drop target deeper/extra rules needed
- rework of the spacious store, currently buggy and slow (The spacium interface is terrible and slow. If you choose an item but you still have >0 points, but less than the min for another award it doesn't auto exit and you still have to move and select exit. I've also had it lock up a few times where you can't select anything. Does that on the monster select to sometimes aswell. Annoying when you are in a good game and end up having to reboot...)
- hold start button to restart game needed
- number of replay/extra ball score levels setting needed and option to use extra balls not replays
- ball save adjustment time needed
- display in attract of current replay/eb levels needed (when on free play)
- same amount of standard settings adjustments as other spooky games (using r&m as an example)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Agree with Jim, here. Lots of good points.

I also hope there is more speech that we haven't heard yet. Need more directional lines telling the player what to do.

I would also like some sort of tournament mode or at least the option to turn off things like EBs, etc.

There is also a mystery insert on the playfield, yet there are no mystery awards, that I am aware of.

Very happy that you are on board and planning to make this an even better game.

3 weeks later
#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Mode changes looks great. Hoping now for improved video and sound feedback on what to do and progress. Seems likes a relatively straightforward way to achieve the integration and immersion that is lacking compared to the best machines. They just need to “make the sum greater than the parts”now.

Agree here. I'd like to see instructions screens pause a bit longer to read and see what I need to shoot for the mode, then release the ball/balls. I'm hoping there is more Kyle and Fuji callouts in the bank for more/different speech to go along.

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Cool beans As I understand it, it does currently work like TNA, where other players can steal the locked ball (not as exciting as 3 balls admittedly ), so that's cool.

It's not a stealable (is that a word?) lock. When the player who locked it drains, it releases as a physical ball save.

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Really really like the Science Patrol MB/lock changes, and being able to feed Bemular from the center ramp helps that feel a lot less grindy when you’re starting him up. The couple flipper flaps before a lifter eject is an awesome addition too, good shit all around.

Reminds me of the TSPP upper flippers that give the player a "hey, use this flipper" reminder. Definitely gonna be a help to newbies to the game.

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Cheers RussMyers . that flip was driving me crazy

I think for new players, who aren't used to the ball appearing like that, it is a good thing, but only once per saucer per game. I don't think it needs to be every time.

#3822 1 year ago

Got my vimtoman scoop hood installed and it's exactly what this scoop needed. And the translucent clear really absorbs the LED strip lights nicely.

20230304_142848(0) (resized).jpg20230304_142848(0) (resized).jpg20230304_142850 (resized).jpg20230304_142850 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3945 11 months ago
Quoted from wizard1:

I‘ve sold my Godzilla LE and bought an Ultraman. So what. I‘m very happy with my decision

It probably helps that you made a handsome profit on GZ and got a discount on the Ultraman.

1 month later
#4213 10 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Looks like freeplay got turned off by default again on the newest code. A minor one-time annoyance but other than that lookin good so far over here!

Mine updated and was still on free play.

2 weeks later
#4277 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yeah, that is annoying.
Happens on mine too and on HWN.
RM

Being a big tourney player, I don't care for a fresh ball save at the start of a single ball mode. I'd love this to be an option to disable. I'd like to disable lots of stuff for tournament play. Still love the game, it's just way too long playing for tournaments at present.

2 months later
#4425 7 months ago

Had my best game ever going last night. I was in the mid 50's. Like 54 mil and the left flipper wouldn't return to resting position. Ended up at like 56 mil and even plunged an EB, so I'm sure I could've gotten up there. The flipper return spring came loose. Gotta address that soon.

1 month later
#4508 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

#372 has landed!!
Though I'm not wondering how the hell Scooby, a widebody, is getting through the door...at least boxed.

I'm not a fan of how they box games around the pallet with the game strapped to the pallet. And welcome to the club!

2 weeks later
#4581 5 months ago

Thanks for the instructional writeup! Yes, original....because the game is only two weeks old. So I still have the spare that came with it that I can swap it with if that's the case.

Don't bother. The spares are still crap and the amazon link above is the better part with metal gears. I replaced all 3 of mine when one started acting up. My coinbox also didn't have any of the spare stuff it should have included.

1 week later
#4607 5 months ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

I climbed the Ultraman ladder this morning and all the stars aligned. I played the Zetton seven ball multi-ball and ended up with a score of 95 million. I was slightly confused at the beginning when the mode locks the balls. The screen told you how many were locked however, some call outs would help. The game is shaping up nicely. Keep up the good work.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work. I believe the callouts were recorded years ago, at this point. I agree, it would be nice if they were more specific, but I don't know if they even have those in the bank to bring out. I doubt they will get new lines recorded for specific modes.

#4614 5 months ago

Every game or every CE?

Every game. Email Morgan (Squirrel) and she will send it to you, if you didn't get it.

1 month later
#4633 4 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Had a couple of good games today. This game sure is a blast to play.

Nice. My high is still in the 50 mill range.

1 week later
#4651 3 months ago
Quoted from Chrisinfla:

So I ended up buying 2mm hex bolts with nuts ($6.99 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3VMMFPB). Took a bit more work (reading glasses doubled up) but the servos are far more secure.

I see you have a bloodsucker with the best powder coat of all 3 trims

2 weeks later
#4689 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Was able to get to Zetton last night and was one shot from completing it...what a great mode.

Awesome. I've come nowhere close and I consider myself a decent player. This is one gorgeous game.

2 months later
#4911 27 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Ok here's a new one for me. While playing. A ball must have got trapped somewhere. It kept searching but no ball found. I tilted the playfield pulled 6 balles. And the other is lost. Don't hear it, don't see it and tilted all the way up and shaking.
Looks like both elevators are up. The left one kept flashing like the ball was coming from there but???
Anyone???

Look in the cabinet. Some people had a ball escape early on due to the way the subways are constructed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.