(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#904 2 years ago

Hey owners - I don’t have a Ultraman but I do have a Halloween. I uploaded a ring kit to the Titan Pinball website. Since the rings and sleeves are the same you can totally leverage it. Just change the colors to your liking and you are all set.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There is an Ultraman kit already posted on their database but it's always good to have secondary confirmation of parts. I'm waiting until mine arrive to decide colours though. Idk if purple or blue would work better and there are some spots I would likely colour match a bit. Idk, probably just go clear with purple flippers but we'll see.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1997

The Ultraman kit is new today. I think someone copied my Halloween kit and rebranded it as Ultraman (which is OK by me). Just makes life easier for the next guy. I know this because the official Spooky list was missing a couple rings and the Ultraman Kit has them listed (just like my kit).

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

has anyone had a ball get trapped near the drop hole to the shooter lane? there are two rubber rings that make it hella tight to get through. [quoted image]

There is a lot of rubber in that area. I couldn't adjust what was there so I started swapping parts. The final fix was to remove the plastic single post and add a #6 1" nylon spacer and a Stern style tapered slim post sleeve. Everything worked as it should after that.

20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142831 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg20211227_142842 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg20220104_195414 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1106 2 years ago

I like my Halloween. Does it have issues - yes. Are the going to be addressed - most likely. I am tempted to snag one of these cheap Ultraman games because I know in the end it will be a good game. Both Halloween and Ultraman are playable right now. My new Elvira was a mess code wise in the beginning but it got sorted out. I remember early on in the code for that game the background music didn’t turn off when the game was over. Talk about annoying. Fast forward to today and Elvira is a top 10 game.

3 months later
#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Question on the 2 ball multi-ball: should any first hit into that spot trigger the drop target and trap the ball? I have hit the shot countless times since getting my game last Fall but have never locked a ball there. I am wondering if there's something wrong on my machine or if it's a lack of rules knowledge. I did at least verify in the Game settings that the target moves up/down.

That ball lock is only active for the first few seconds after you plunge the ball. If you hit it then, it immediately locks the ball. I also believe hitting that target five times during game play will also lock the ball.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Have to say, from what I've observed so far the playfield on this thing is stunning. Inserts are perfectly set and the playfield is as smooth as glass. Having a blast getting to know the game!
Notice which one I opened first?
[quoted image]

Saving the best for last?

2 weeks later
#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Any chance to get a test menu overlay that isn’t the same as Halloween. I totally get the efficiency aspect, but any change vs skulls, bats, and coffins would be welcome.

That is a Spooky Pinball Menu and is not specific for Halloween. Part of the Spooky charm.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

During last Friday's stream, I noticed the Beta Capsule was leaning forward and got worse as the stream went on. I forgot about it until I was setting up tonight and found this:
[quoted image]
Anyone else have one break?
(I e-mailed Spooky to see what they have to say.)

Spooky will send you a new one. It happens a lot to the Halloween version of the flasher. The pumpkin is far more exposed to a ball strike. That being said, you could take this opportunity to redesign how the toy is mounted and eliminate the problem. I even removed the socket on my Halloween.

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It seems globbing silicone all over the bulb and socket and merging it into the housing (pumpkin/beta capsule) is short sighted. How are owners supposed to change the bulb down the road? How did you deal with this on your Halloween?

This is what I did with the help of a couple parts from Comet pinball. The clear platform is Lexan and provides a superior mounting point. The goofy socket is completely gone.

20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg
#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I like your approach, but I may try something that keeps the socket in play for easier bulb change down the line.

At least on Ultraman the socket is covered by the toy. On Halloween it is totally exposed. It is an expensive accident waiting to happen in my opinion. Shorting out the 12 volt with a steel ball seems likely in the factory setup on Halloween.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If I had a Halloween I'd quickly Mod out the Pumpkin head to the Mask.

That’s cool put the call out is “get to the pumpkin”.

2 weeks later
#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Dumb question I know but,
Why doesn't Spooky do pop bumpers?
I passed on Alice Cooper because it didn't have any and now Ultraman?
I am on the fence about buying an UM le.
Thanks in advance.

Have you ever played The Shadow? One of the best games on the planet and no pop bumpers. Pops are fun but they disrupt flow. I don’t miss pops on my Halloween at all. I don’t think you will miss them on Ultraman.

2 weeks later
#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Don't know why an ad is needed if you abandon your deposit.

It's a gift to the next owner. The next guy would need to pay full price if the original buyer just defaulted.

2 months later
#2909 1 year ago

Don't you have to list a game to sell one? I don't see any ads for Halloween / Ultraman from you past or present. List it on Pinside and recoup some (if not all) of your deposit.

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, what a clueless take this is. I love my Ultraman, but ain't nobody recouping their deposits on these. I let my BSE preorder go to the birds because I got no offers at all after months of it being listed. I tried to GIVE it away, for free, had a few bites, but the distro either never emailed me back on the process to do it, says they never got the emails. Both of them are in my sent box in Gmail. *shrug*
In the end, I ended up with a CE for the original price, all things considered, so that's just fine by me.
Love how the ones complaining about negativity are also the ones adding to it by responding to negative posts, downvoting, and shitting on people. Just more typical Pinside bullshit.....never changes.

My comment was not directed to you at all. My point was you can't cry about not being able to sell a game when you haven't tried on Pinside. If the poster was going to make a stink he should have put in the effort to try to sell the game here. You tried, he didn't . As for the down votes. I didn't down vote him. I understand his frustration but he has to put in the work before throwing in the towel.

Remember: "there is no crying in pinball"

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

But there is lots of cursing….
…or maybe I am doing it wrong.

No - that's very manly of you. Perfectly fine.

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Are you serious? ...it doesn't have to be about me. I'm offering comparative experience of actually trying to get rid of a UM preorder. You can barely even sell them, much less "recoup your money" as was posited. There's no buyers for anything other than a massive loss.

You sure like giving out down votes if you don’t agree. I said recoup some or all of your money but you only keyed in on the part you wanted to. The point is you’re foolish not to try and the original poster didn't. Timing, martket and the economy are all huge factors. It wasn’t that long ago the majority sold for full price. Prices should recover when things in the world and Spooky stabilize.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Are you serious? ...it doesn't have to be about me. I'm offering comparative experience of actually trying to get rid of a UM preorder. You can barely even sell them, much less "recoup your money" as was posited. There's no buyers for anything other than a massive loss.

By the way, Do you still have Ultraman spot and is it still valid? If so, who is it with?

2 months later
#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anyone know the part number for the 89 type led flasher that’s in the beta capsule lamp above the mode start scoop, or where to get some spares? Mine just broke in two and now the capsule lamp cover is hanging down.
Maybe I can borrow a lamp from the back panel temporarily.
Update: I think the problem here is the led lamp is only soldered to the base can with 2 small soldered points which means a lot of force is put on these when the unit gets hit by a ball. As the lamp itself is hot glued into the casing the soldered point is the failure point. I think the led lamp needs soldering fully around the can top so its stronger.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any 89 style LED will work as long as it fits in the hole. Step 1 is to get the old part out. Spooky just used clear silicone glue to hold the bulb in place. Remove the broken off half of bulb and glue the new one in. Spooky will also send you a replacement but that will take a while to get to you.

1 month later
#3468 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

Sometimes when I am In the middle of a game, the ball enters the scoop it does not lift the ball to the playfield When it goes into ball search it does not lift either so I have to end the game. When I go into the service menu and into stuck switch which it shows right lift active. This leads me to believe it’s not the opto and I replaced the servo with the extra one that came with the game. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

There is likely debris in your subway hanging up the ball. It is actually pretty common. Clean it out and you should be fine.

#3477 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

No it only happens every few games. The part I don’t understand the most is why the lift does not engage when the machine goes into ball search

So how are you making the game playable after this happens to you? Are you lifting the playfield, shaking the game or going into the service menu? The slope of the subway is very minor. Kinda of a design flaw if you ask me. If you are rasing the playfield or shaking the game you'll need to tweak your side to side level. Raise your leg levelers a bit on the left side of the cabinet and / or add washers to the right side of the subway (between the plastic subway and the bottom of the playfield). Both tweaks will increase the slope of your subway.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I've now busted two Beta Capsules. Just sent AJ an email, hopefully they can send me another replacement. Wondering if I shouldn't try and add more soldier or possibly epoxy to the base to try and make that joint more sturdy.
[quoted image]

It is an awful design. I reengineered the item on my Halloween to eliminate the problem. At one time Spooky had something in the works but they never implemented the repair. At this point it is unlikely they will. If you get creative, you can eliminate the socket which combined with flasher bulb is the weak point. Here is what I did on H78. You can easily do something similar.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/64#post-6761131

4 months later
#3983 11 months ago

I found the original servos would totally fail or get stuck at the hide and or exposed position. The replacements seem to be trouble free. Just make sure you get the metal geared ones. The OEM ones were very low quality.

2 weeks later
#4042 11 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

One of the best things ever was Lyman putting out EHoH code every month. It could be a small update or a massive one. It was so much fun and exciting to follow along with the additions every single month. It gave us something to look forward to.
It's a shame the updates for UM have been so few and far between.
I'm saying goodbye to my UM tomorrow. I hope the new owner gets to update soon.

Totally agree - Lyman should be the gold standard.

#4054 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Ramp stickers look awesome, nice work RM!
Question for anyone who owns both UM and Scooby…is the playfield quality finish/clear on UM the same as Scooby?
Hot damn wow…not sure I’ve seen a nicer quality playfield!

That is one thing Spooky has down. Their playfields are solid.

3 weeks later
#4204 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have been waiting for this first official Bug Squash Revision to Update.
Still running the revised 1.09 until then.

Each code release has been better than the last. There is no reason not to update. Sure the game still has some bugs, but it is far better than what you are running now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.