(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

New update worked fine for me. Monster select is a huge update! Super helpful to have the basic objectives listed on the selection screen.

1 month later
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine came too... should I request another?, scratches!?[quoted image]

Scotchbrite green pad would pull that out, but honestly it’s not that bad.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think he's talking about the ones that are going horizontally across the face, not up the ramp as the ball would travel. You MIGHT be able to get it out with a scouring pad and basically re-graining the whole ramp. Maybe. I would say that if the depth of the scratches is enough to snag a fingernail, then it's likely not going to come out that way.
*edit* those are really weird marks....maybe left by a bending jig? Goes all the way across the face of the ramp...very unlikely that happened after the metal was bent, I would think. I should probably add I'm not super experienced with re-graining in general, but I can confidently say that the few times I've done it with rails and whatnot, I wasn't super happy with how it went. It took a lot of fiddling to not make it look worse than it did beforehand.

Yes - I was talking about the horizontal ones as well. They look really light to me. The trick to using the pad would be to stay away from the ramp flap and make smooth vertical strokes - no circular or horizontal motion as you want to match the original grain.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly this. Getting a bit tired of the Kaneda bashing. I get why he turns some people off but…wow.

I listen to him when I’m on a long pinball run (tomorrow!) and agree with what he says most of the time. I understand why he rubs people the wrong way - but I like hearing his takes whether I agree or not.

3 weeks later
#631 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Selling a pre-order spot could be a better option for cutting loses and large money out of your pocket for some that do not want to pay the $8,000-9k + tax and shipping…Especially for a game they are not comfortable with or just don’t like.
Either way it looks like a loss at this point. Could change down the road. There are not many games in this market today that are down in value. Most pins are skyrocketed.

Hey BigBalls - check your PMs.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I feel you. I’m just not enjoying the layout, even pretending the code was polished.
I’m also weird in that I loved stranger things when people hated it and got it cheap.
I also love Mando and I know a lot of folks aren’t that into it.
I’ll do the next code update and put more games on it with an open mind, I’m not sure the layout and shots will grow on me, but who knows.
I’ve got a local buddy who wants it but has one in order so it would be a while before he’s ready to get mine.
I have a hard time getting past the pace of play with the elevators and the call outs sounding like they were recorded on a potato.
Thankfully that’s just my opinion which should only matter to me.

I left mine turned off mostly until the latest update - but I must say it’s getting really fun now. I can’t wait to see the next big content update coming in the next couple of weeks.

My only recommendation- make the videos full screen during battles - it seems cheap watching it in that tiny window.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they’ve said the staging is possible. I wonder if it’ll take some work being done to the machines though to add a switch or something.
Any guess on when the next code update will be released? I know they said it would be during the holidays, but that could easily mean any time through the new year.

There’s an opto where the ball sits on top of the left lifter, and there are *3* optos in the subway before it gets to the lifter. Staging is possible for sure.

0F2DCA61-3972-42D9-8332-FA946DD098DC (resized).jpeg0F2DCA61-3972-42D9-8332-FA946DD098DC (resized).jpeg

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Well one thing is for sure, if you didn't get into the Ultraman club yet, now is a good time! There are currently 14 listed for sale in the Market up from just 9 a few days ago.
There was a nice delivered butter cabinet version that went for around a $1500 discount. That's the only actual machine or pre-order spot I've detected that has sold. I'm sure a few others have changed hands though.
So yeah a great time to be looking for a deal. Indeed it might get even further discounted if the supply doesn't start to dwindle and more people jump out. It won't surprise me to see 20-25 listed in the Market within a month. I know of at least two other folks who want to sell but haven't listed yet.
While certainly there are some flippers in the bunch, the truth is as a NIB buyer today you are given a window of about a day or less to lock-in your purchase - especially if you want a limited edition. The FOMO and hype are working and people plunk down deposits on games they have never seen or played. Sometimes being the early bird is the way to go, and other times it isn't.
Within three years this game will have 500 owners who bolt it to the floor. Until then I expect there will continue to be nice discounts available.

I don’t know if all the sale ads are legit - I offered to buy BigBalls spot, but he won’t commit to selling it to me. I’m not sure what the purpose of having a sale ad is if you aren’t really selling it.

BigBalls - I can PayPal you immediately for your spot. PM me!

2 weeks later
#973 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just look at GNR, 2020 "Game of the Year"...they can be bought for ~2k less than NIB currently, often with very low plays.

Where are you seeing those deals on GnR?
The lowest I’ve ever seen a CE sell for is +$5k over MSRP. Most of the LEs being sold are at MSRP (keep in mind MSRP has moved from $9.5k to $10.5k since release). SE had a bargain here or there, but those have dried up.

As for people selling UM spots - why does everyone of them seem to be from PinballStar? What am I missing?

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

and there was another one that wasn't moving for $9,300 IIRC (and could likely have been picked up for 9k).

Ok - I guess that’s your perspective, but the original LE NIB price (the one 80% of buyers paid) was $9500. Your assertion that GnR LE has depreciated $2k is a stretch. It has neither appreciated or depreciated - which is typical of games that are still in production.

3 months later
#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It seems globbing silicone all over the bulb and socket and merging it into the housing (pumpkin/beta capsule) is short sighted. How are owners supposed to change the bulb down the road? How did you deal with this on your Halloween?

They need to make sure the glue attaches to the metal part of the bulb and not just the wafer. The wafer on the 89s is barely affixed to the metal body and breaks free easily.

1 month later
#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

UM CE #232 with butter cab arrived yesterday - full price, day 1 purchase (although I did upgrade from SE to CE with butter). Packing was incredible - multiple tip indicators and two packing blankets. The machine plays beautifully out of the box - another great job by lpeters82. It truly is a gorgeous machine. My wife and kids love it too - my ten year old is a pretty good player and he might like this one more than the GZ premium at one of our local arcades.
Surprises - the game is super-fast and has a great combination of flow-y shots and precision shots. The ball lifters are fun and a non-issue. My wife plays pinball with me a bit, but is pretty casual, and she had zero problems with the ball lifters. I think the audio and visual cues are fine as they are. The playfield is absolutely packed with shots and the upper playfields are a lot of fun - hectic trying to hit the shots in the fairly small area, but in a fun way! The multiballs get even more hectic with so many things to keep track of.
If you are on the fence, I highly recommend sticking with this one. ACNC has been my favorite game, and I've played a lot of pins now. UM is right up there. I think the only thing separating UM from ACNC for me is that ACNC has a little more "presence" - the playfield, rules, callouts, and music just come together into something special. I think UM can totally get that too, maybe just a bit of work on the callouts or music? Don't get me wrong though - it is fantastic as is. Looking forward to Spooky's next pin - Army of Darkness or Scooby Doo? If double theme, so hard to choose! In the meantime, I'll be playing my UM!
Great job Team Spooky!

If a lot of my pins are being played, I don't always hear the lifter sound cue so I still lose a ball every once in a while.

I plan to remove the Kaiju plastics above the slings for a while just to be able to see the ball coming out. Not sure if I'll keep it that way, but it's a quick and easy change that's reversible.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just got off the phone with the user above...he's good to go.

What was the solution?

1 week later
#2485 1 year ago

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters. It didn't make much difference as these big pink and blue plastics still covered them:

305D5D1A-C956-4AEB-B1C7-B8EE39721E03 (resized).jpeg305D5D1A-C956-4AEB-B1C7-B8EE39721E03 (resized).jpeg

But!! As wolftownjeff mentioned, you can also remove these as there are translucent orange plastic protectors underneath:

AA2D8375-2D47-4937-8870-53DDCD81CCB4 (resized).jpegAA2D8375-2D47-4937-8870-53DDCD81CCB4 (resized).jpeg

And just like that, I can now see the ball exiting the lifter on both sides. It's such a neat effect to actually see and you can locate the ball so much faster without needing the sound cue. It's really increased my enjoyment and I honestly have a higher percentage of shots made because it's easier to time the ball.

The biggest downside is that the yellow lights under the ball guide are now a little too bright - but they can be covered or disconnected.

Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane. But really, it's so much better that mine are staying off permanently regardless if that can happen or not. Huge upgrade!

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from lawspud:

Would you mind posting overall pics of the your playfield?

96D0E54F-B73D-40E8-9DDF-714E336FAB78 (resized).jpeg96D0E54F-B73D-40E8-9DDF-714E336FAB78 (resized).jpeg

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really feel like the covered inlane lifters are a unique challenge to this game and Halloween. I am surprised that people are considering compromising the artwork and design here. Kind of a shame.

Nah - if anything, it showcases the mech better. I'm sure some replacement artwork will be available at some point if enough people ask for it.

Obscured views are design choices, but not always popular ones.

A0A963E4-772D-4693-9D35-AB257775A65D (resized).jpegA0A963E4-772D-4693-9D35-AB257775A65D (resized).jpeg

11 months later
#4211 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Due to my location I can only connect via Mobile Hotspot.
Code Downloads get corrupted due to slow download speed and interruptions in the connection. Never been able to download any type of code or software updates via my connection.
Rural Montana.

I've only heard good things about Starlink - supposedly you can get up to 200Mps with no cap on data.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.