(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#425 2 years ago

Awesome!! Thanks to lpeters82 again, coming through with another video!!

#426 2 years ago

By the way lpeters82 , how did your install go? Did the new code install easily for you? Any pointers?

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Not a problem. That’s why ignorance is bliss sometimes.

That's OK guys, it's all good. Maybe we're all just dumbass Americans but huge fans nonetheless. I think the Godzilla art playing the Ultraman pin is brilliant. Art is subjective and imo that Godzilla on the print looks cooler than what's on the Godzilla pin, lol.
Here's something else funny.. I'm in for Ultraman because I grew up watching 'Spectreman'! He's not Ultraman but the theme song that they actually changed for us American's to have more appeal here? I actually loved so it worked.. I didn't even know this was different until many years later. I was a big fan of The Who and played bass guitar growing up.. the theme song, to me, sounded great and the bass player was superb & sounded just like John Entwistle.

United States release
The entire 63-episode Spectreman series was dubbed into English and syndicated to television stations across North America, including Superstation TBS, starting in the fall of 1978 (more than seven years after the Japanese premiere). The English dubbing was co-written and performed by character actor Mel Welles, who is best known for his performance in the original film version of The Little Shop of Horrors. While the U.S. version is faithful to the original show for the most part, the most notable change is the new theme song created by a song writing team using the song "The First Day of Forever" from the album Awakening by the Mystic Moods Orchestra.[3] The instrumental version was used as a substitute for the Japanese language theme song and was played over action scenes. The instrumental version of the Japanese theme song was usually left alone. Other changes were edits to remove some of the violence considered too intense for a U.S. children's show at the time. The dialogue was sometimes altered to add some of Mr. Welles' offbeat humor. While once available on VHS, the U.S. version has not been released on DVD or Blu-ray.

#519 2 years ago

Just throwing it out there, I'm CE #189 direct from Spooky. If someone has a # that's coming up soon & would like to trade? I'd be happy to pay for it now, trade you my # to give you more time if needed. Just let me know! Thanks

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Sent you a message.

Thank you.. I forgot to mention it has to be direct from Spooky because mine is direct, it's just super simple to trade #'s that way. Let me know! Thanks

2 weeks later
#745 2 years ago

Guys, I just listed my spot and it's a good spot, directly from Spooky & easy transfer. I purchased one too many arcade games recently as I collect those along with pins and just don't have the space. If anyone is looking in the market for a spot? it's a really good one. Make me an offer! Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127135

1 week later
#913 2 years ago

Possible that Spooky could post a production counter on Facebook or the website? It would be nice to know each week what # games are shipping? I could be wrong but it seems like Halloween has been made 3 to 1 so far over Ultraman? Just think it would be nice to see, that's all. Thanks!

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Number 107 has landed home safely!! Such a pretty game. Can’t wait to get into this one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great.. no butter, correct? Would like to hear your review.. how does it feel & shoot compared with Elvira & Godzilla? any issues out of the box? Thanks!

#1010 2 years ago

Can someone please send Spooky a couple cases of super strong coffee?! Let's get something going on in here!!

#1025 2 years ago

Played a few games on the Sega Genesis today.. it's hard to finish off the monsters at times but it's really fun!

#1054 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People selling the game aren’t all flippers. People are selling the game because they don’t like it. Their reasons for disliking it are valid.
Before someone insults me in a good vs. evil fit, I’m a buyer & my game is probably going to ship soon. There are things about the game I do not like. However, I think it would be stupid to forfeit my deposit, and I’m willing to “take the ride” & see if Spooky can fix it. This isn’t ideal. I’d rather be thrilled about my new expensive game, but I can’t change reality. We can have an honest conversation without defaulting to extremes.

I’m in agreement with this post, it’s good to talk about it. This is my first Spooky purchase and I really want to like the game, be a bigger fan of the company, I like Ultraman & the theme. With 2k down to reserve the game, there was a few things that I never expected would never happen.. one was that the game would reveal literally broken on the stream with Jack & Bug when the game was introduced, and after that I was hearing that there were many issues with some previous games, like balls falling out of the game, etc. that I wasn’t aware of.. another was that the code wouldn’t flow somewhat better at this point (the 2nd playfield seems like it’s not incorporated in the game that well at all, the drop target is hard to knock down, nothing really happens when you break through it, it’s like a limbo, code? Maybe, maybe not) and the last is that only 100 games would be made 6 months later. It feels Halloween definitely got prioritized seemingly unfairly more even though we knew more eventually would be manufactured and that Halloween still has some issues, so just feel that the game hasn’t made enough progress in a 1/2 a year compared to what’s out there from the same company and from everyone else too. These are 10k games! not 1k. I’m at the point now where I don’t want to sell my spot at a loss and it’s coming up, either I pay for the game and pray it works out or forfeit and nobody gets it, take the loss. I considered giving it away but that’s not really fair either it wouldn’t feel like a donation. The other decision I would think Spooky would care about? Is that it’s definitely no Butter for me. Why put another 1k into the game when it can’t even sell the spot at this point at 1k less or more? It doesn’t make sense and it’s not our fault, I think this option should be no charge at this point, the very least. I guess I just didn’t expect this ‘Kickstarter’ type of scenario from a company that previously made a few great titles already. I swear if I receive a Rush Pro before Ultraman? I won’t have the room.. 3 titles, Mando, Godzilla & Rush have all came and went at Stern in this time frame. I know Spooky is not Stern but these games are about the same price now. One thing I’m certain of is that if there are no refunds? and I bring home this game? If it’s not great when the code is finished? I’ll never buy a Spooky game again so I do hope it all works out! But just feel like I’m gambling for sure. If another game announcement is released from Spooky soon? I think that would be crazy and I’d definitely forfeit it.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from deosil:

You put down a nonrefundable deposit on a pinball machine and that's what you'll receive in the end. Griping about a "refund program" on a nonrefundable deposit for a machine you haven't even received yet is beyond absurd. Sell your spot or don't and move on.

Trust me.. I'm considering this more & more with every purchase at this point. The big problem in this pinball environment and specifically with a pre-order is that companies limit the amount of games on purpose, games sell out very fast, often a few minutes, tops 1 day. Does that give the customer enough time to determine which model they would like to purchase? I remember with my Aerosmith purchase, my wife & I attended CA Extreme, played both the AS Pro & LE, a SW Pro & LE, we liked the AS Pro & LE the best and couldn't decide. We went to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and the Arcade there has AS Pro, we played it again. We came home & decided on AS LE to purchase but could've gone either way.. that was a good time for Pinball.. but the most important things is that we had time and I 110% believe it should be that way again, at least for the initial release period. IF not? Then no more non-refundable deposits from me. How many companies can get started if we just constantly throw money at them and don't have a product for a year? That's not something to admire. It's basically a million dollar Kickstarter.

#1081 2 years ago

I like that a few distributors are now taking less of a deposit on NIB games. It makes sense in this environment, it also prevents some issues that I know Stern was having with some taking deposits and not putting the money where it was supposed to go.. towards the business and personal, not the games.

#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

File under: Terms you probably shouldn't google.

"So honey, did you decide to keep Ultraman? Time will tell.. but I'm thinking of keeping it just for the butt pretzel shot alone!" Seriously.

I like some of the thoughts & ideas above, am I missing something on the 2nd playfield? How about changing it up to allow the player to 'break through' the target, similar to storm the castle with WOZ where you see it on the screen and feel the shaker motor? there's a car there so maybe smashing through it?! Breaking the windows out and then headlight? Any clips from Ultraman that show this? Think the 2nd playfield would be much more satisfying..

Looking forward to the next code update!

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Do you have the game? Just asking because I find the first upper playfield to be quite challenging. You hit the drop (bust through it) then hit the scoop behind to start the mode. Then have to hit the two stand ups. The left stand up is very challenging to hit and ball control is near impossible with easy drains to left, right, and center. Then have to hit the drop and then hit the scoop behind to finish that part and start the multiball. Hit all main playfield drop targets to light super jackpot on first upper playfield again. Need to knock down the drop target and hit the scoop to collect. Not easy… at least for me.

I don't have the game yet but with only a lucky 100 people out there that do have it, all most of us have are streams and video's to watch. Here's a pretty good one with great clarity. Watch starting about 34 min in, he's up on the 2nd playfield, some mode is going on (not sure which one) but he's a decent player and he's constantly nailing the drop target and stand up targets over and over, the screen is staying the same, absolutely nothing is happening.. maybe he's supposed to just let it drop down? but maybe if he's hitting all the shots then another mode should start? as it is right now? It's definitely a limbo. Thanks for explaining what to do, not sure where you read that or if instinctively just figured it out? but I'd much rather see a theme integration with the video, a more cinematic experience where when you hit something, things are happening as you do them and there's gratification from sounds, shaker & dmd using the assets of the game. I do think that this is code and with what's already there? It's a no brainer that something can be done much better and if anyone else has any ideas? Please post them! I hope some things improve soon in this area. Thanks

1 week later
#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:I don’t mind what’s in it I would just like more. You know how it is, never satisfied.

New music add-on coming for Dada mode if anyone remembers it? Would be a cool easter egg & sound killer with a sub.

#1206 2 years ago

End credits music? Seriously.. any of these would be authentic & great.

#1219 2 years ago

I really dig the game, I do believe it's code & programming, lot's of clean up, refining, tons of possibilities because the 3 playfields are solid and packed with hardware features, shots are different & good, want something/like something different, that's why I put a 2k loan on it LOL. I'm not a fan of dropping down from playfields, rendering one useless to play others.. I like scoring on all 3 and highlighting each one while on it (similar to good ole' Haunted House from many, many years ago when the lower playfield cellar lights up while playing on it) but from what it looks like so far? Not all modes have to be this way where some playfields are absent, so yes, do believe it's programming, it's Good now but ability to make it 100% Great is there. I really like Halloween and just hope in the end that Ultraman receives the same love, that's my only wish. Halloween to me just looks like it's received so much more time with the code, production & that owner's thread appears to have way more action & energy too SO FAR. Ultraman is the same game as has the same potential or even more IMO. Hoping to see much more action here soon and will feel 10X better about my purchase when I do. Go Spooky!!

#1220 2 years ago

Here’s another idea.. Ultraman Turbo mode. It opens everything up, not just a multi-ball but all 3 playfields, everything scores, blast everything! All while Ultraman is kicking the crap out of some creature or flying super fast around the world.. like a bonus level of Super Mario where you grab all the coins.. or a Galaga Challenging stage.. show the FULL power of this machine, all playfields! All lights! Just blow it up like no other and show it off as this game is loaded!! That’s how you could do it. There you go, some energy, you’re welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=80sman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.