(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6725 (resized).jpeg
red-closeup (resized).png
blue-closeup (resized).png
red-full (resized).png
blue-full (resized).png
PXL_20240211_032314225 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240211_032302078 (resized).jpg
Ultraman-Plate-1 (resized).png
Ultraman-Plate-2 (resized).png
IMG_7677 (resized).jpeg
Ultraman Cover (resized).jpeg
IMG_4372 (resized).jpeg
side by side (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_20240129_210209893 (resized).jpg
IMG_4229 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 97.
#4451 5 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everybody ,
Have a little issue that i dont understand.
When i play ultraman all is OK since last issue. but today , when the target from thé Middle upper playfield get down , my left flipper score points every time i use it .....
See the vidéo, cant find stuck switch .
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6V77aSFeyYArPXyH7
Thanks for help
Have a good day

While this is happening during a game, what happens if you immediately go into settings, enable flippers, then throw the game into switch test and keep banging on that flipper?

RM

#4452 5 months ago

Hi RussMyers , thanks for help
I try it and nothing more

Still no switch or left flipper and upper left flipper.

Thanks

20230929_184047 (resized).jpg20230929_184047 (resized).jpg20230929_184105 (resized).jpg20230929_184105 (resized).jpg
#4453 5 months ago

OK, that is just weird. Obviously something is triggering during gameplay that shouldn't and is racking up points.

When it's happening, can you take off the glass and bang on the playfield with your fist instead of hitting the flipper and does it keep happening?

Trying to see if it's impact or vibration making some switch hit.

Obviously grab the ball so it doesnt drain and end the active ball.

RM

#4454 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, that is just weird. Obviously something is triggering during gameplay that shouldn't and is racking up points.

When it's happening, can you take off the glass and bang on the playfield with your fist instead of hitting the flipper and does it keep happening?

Trying to see if it's impact or vibration making some switch hit.

Obviously grab the ball so it doesnt drain and end the active ball.

Also, pay attention to the corresponding sound when scoring occurs. That can usually allow you to figure out what switch is getting triggered.

#4455 5 months ago

Thanks for help guitarded and @russmyers

Will try it tomorrow . Nothing happen when i shak the pinball when i play .

Strange that the issue comes only when i hit the target of the middle playfield.

The sound is ultraman saying utcha or other sound he makes when he attacks.

Thanks

#4456 5 months ago

One thing I hate when you ramp to the middle pf. It should have a stop or pause. A lot of times it flies up there and i don't have a chance to hit it. If you focus on it and miss the shot. It rebound back to flippers. Than you're not ready for that. And drain. Lol. Anyone else with same difficulties or a solution?

#4457 5 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

One thing I hate when you ramp to the middle pf. It should have a stop or pause. A lot of times it flies up there and i don't have a chance to hit it. If you focus on it and miss the shot. It rebound back to flippers. Than you're not ready for that. And drain. Lol. Anyone else with same difficulties or a solution?

Hold the flipper up, as it flies up there, it’ll then fly up off the raises flipper and bounce back toward it, allowing you to get some control.

#4458 4 months ago

I haven't made it to Zetton a single time since Neronga was added to the game. My focus on getting multiball superjackpots is gone completely, replaced with a Neronga obsession. Really excited to see what else the guys behind that cook up.

That being said, any update on the update? Has the Halloween update gone over well or is there clean up work needed?

#4459 4 months ago

Amazing prices on NIB at Nitro if anyone is looking.

IMG_1850 (resized).pngIMG_1850 (resized).png
#4460 4 months ago

Have a few of my Ultraman mods made up.
This will be the last run of these.
Main display mod, Bridge mod, Beta Capsule mod, Scoop mod.
PM/DM me if for details.

Pinside_forum_7686283_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7686283_0 (resized).jpg
#4461 4 months ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

[quoted image]

Wow dang. They have the BSE at the same price as the JP Home Pin. Why is are these so cheap? This game is insanely good

#4462 4 months ago

[quoted image]

Ouch. 11 CE's in stock + 1 BSE left, hopefully they sell quick and don't sit around at those prices.

#4463 4 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Ouch. 11 CE's in stock + 1 BSE left, hopefully they sell quick and don't sit around at those prices.

They will sit. This machine is currently seen as just above home pin status by the public. That's what clunky ramps, 3d printed parts, hot glue technology and slow code gets you these days.

I like the game, but I'm not going to ignore the obvious issues. If you paid full price (I did), you got burnt. No two ways about it.

#4464 4 months ago

Game code killed the game, still jerking animations, I was happy to see this pinball disappear from my home.

#4465 4 months ago

Overpaid- check
Hardware issues- check
Software issues- check
Now obsolete hardware infrastructure-check
Overpaid- check, check, check

Gameplay and a lot of fun-check.
Software updates- check
Cool mods-check

Home league (30 + players) love this game.

So I’m keeping mine for a while longer.

#4466 4 months ago

Nitro has most likely already charged a deposit for these games and they were never fully paid, so they are not taking the full hit on their reduced price imho.

So, update? Staged balls?

#4467 4 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Nitro has most likely already charge a deposit for these games and they were never fully paid, so they are not taking the full hit on their reduced price imho.

Doubtful on both.

#4468 4 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Nitro has most likely already charged a deposit for these games and they were never fully paid, so they are not taking the full hit on their reduced price imho.

We dont need staged balls.

#4469 4 months ago

Looks like someone snapped up the 2 Ultraman BSEs already.

Nitro is sitting on a ton of inventory of games right now, you gotta liquidate stuff that isn't moving, just how it is. Local dealer has been making a lot of deal to move stern inventory even, the market is soft right now, and new stuff coming in. It's surprising that Nitro was sitting on so many collectors editions geez. Cancelled or unclaimed preorders probably.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Doubtful on both.

Their deposits are non refundable, and they are a distro, they pay wholesale for the machines. At those prices they are likely losing money on them still, but also have to imagine them having so many was because of preorders that got cancelled. We saw alot of HWN and UMs getting cancelled soon after launch and folks panicked

#4470 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Looks like someone snapped up the 2 Ultraman BSEs already.
Nitro is sitting on a ton of inventory of games right now, you gotta liquidate stuff that isn't moving, just how it is. Local dealer has been making a lot of deal to move stern inventory even, the market is soft right now, and new stuff coming in. It's surprising that Nitro was sitting on so many collectors editions geez. Cancelled or unclaimed preorders probably.

Their deposits are non refundable, and they are a distro, they pay wholesale for the machines. At those prices they are likely losing money on them still, but also have to imagine them having so many was because of preorders that got cancelled. We saw alot of HWN and UMs getting cancelled soon after launch and folks panicked

Nitro orders games for stock, not just preorders. Very few ate the 2k on release.

#4471 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We dont need staged balls.

I can understand, but it'd be nice to have the option. Specially if we're talking of making this game more appealing to a large audience.

#4472 4 months ago

Staged balls in single ball play would be nice.

#4473 4 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I can understand, but it'd be nice to have the option. Specially if we're talking of making this game more appealing to a large audience.

Quoted from stf_dnx:

That would make it harder for noobs. With the current setup, there is a element of timing that can be put into play. Staged balls would just make it too fast and furious, especially when trying to track 3 balls on 3 different playfields. IMO

#4474 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That would make it harder for noobs. With the current setup, there is a element of timing that can be put into play. Staged balls would just make it too fast and furious, especially when trying to track 3 balls on 3 different playfields. IMO

Yeah, I’m cool with the way it is & the rhythm of the game. The sound/lights warnings that the ball is coming is sufficient.

#4475 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool instead of an absolute turd. No one's complaining about venom. Speeding up slow ball management is desperately needed.

#4476 4 months ago

Like I said, staged balls in single ball play=everyone is happy except Spooky having to work it out.
Staged balls in multiball, fuck that the game is hard enough

#4477 4 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Like I said, staged balls in single ball play=everyone is happy except Spooky having to work it out.

I’m just thinking - with 2 areas to stage & no way for the game to pre-load them…could it even really work or would it just throw things off?

#4478 4 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yes!
As it would be something related to the code, we can even imagine the option to adjust the timing, which can be different for single or multi ball.
As said before, Venom is a good example of such thing making a game more desirable. And UM deserves to be more desirable.

#4479 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool instead of an absolute turd. No one's complaining about venom. Speeding up slow ball management is desperately needed.

Play better. You dont know what your missing now. "Turd" lol

Also, they wont be adding the staged balls, it would completely flip the code and aint gonna happen.

#4480 4 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Yes!
As it would be something related to the code, we can even imagine the option to adjust the timing, which can be different for single or multi ball.
As said before, Venom is a good example of such thing making a game more desirable. And UM deserves to be more desirable.

Venom is a snoozefest with basically a single level and NEEDs the balls sped up. My Metallica gets the ball to the flippers way faster. Notbsure people understand this game, its not a "Flow monster" that requires speed to be enjoyable.

#4481 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m just thinking - with 2 areas to stage & no way for the game to pre-load them…could it even really work or would it just throw things off?

Yes that’s true about pre loading, I have owned a couple of STTNG so know how that one works with the subway diverter etc but if they are using all the balls that would be a problem unless you had 2 extra balls installed that would always stay in the lifters ready to go but you would have to manually place them there to start with when setting up. Probably a headache to integrate software wise.

#4482 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Play better. You dont know what your missing now. "Turd" lol
Also, they wont be adding the staged balls, it would completely flip the code and aint gonna happen.

Logic 101:

"The physical ball management on the machine is slow"

"You can fix that by playing better.”

#4483 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Logic 101:
"The physical ball management on the machine is slow"
"You can fix that by playing better.”

Now your catching on.

#4484 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Staged balls would make this game be considered somewhat cool

If you haven’t played it for a while, the code has developed and the balls come up a lot faster now. Basically as soon as they hit the optos.

Having staged balls there would be not ideal - the #1 issue with the game in my mates arcade is people don’t know the balls are coming up there. If they fired out instantly (with no delay and no light show) then it would be even worse.

rd

#4485 4 months ago

[quoted image]

Wow, same price for a used one! Killer deal, but says it won't ship to my address (Chicago area). Bummer

#4486 4 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you haven’t played it for a while, the code has developed and the balls come up a lot faster now. Basically as soon as they hit the optos.

Ahhh, so that wasn’t just in my head! The last couple code updates really made a big difference on this game, genuine improvements to the gameplay on top of the new content and so many fixes. I just want more

#4487 4 months ago

Hi everybody ,

Just fine this sunday the issue on my ultraman.
That was the middle drop target switch ! The target doesnt put so much the switch so when the left flipper move , the target was releasing the switch and making point .....

Got to move the switch up and set the Bolt under the coil, now everything fine

So happy to find back this game !

Cant wait for à last update m4tt .
Have a good day

#4488 4 months ago

Finally updated two updates and played. Flame me all you want, but it's a hot mess. New mode comes with audio instruction booklet. Feels like fetch questing design in video games. The store should be completely removed - this is the biggest waste of time on the machine, and the implementation of collecting spacium and the timing to spend it is poorly done. It's a great effort, but it's never going to be a cohesive machine. Bummer.

Is Halloween the same?

#4489 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally updated two updates and played. Flame me all you want, but it's a hot mess. New mode comes with audio instruction booklet. Feels like fetch questing design in video games. The store should be completely removed - this is the biggest waste of time on the machine, and the implementation of collecting spacium and the timing to spend it is poorly done. It's a great effort, but it's never going to be a cohesive machine. Bummer.
Is Halloween the same?

Man, hard disagree on Neronga, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I do agree on the store feeling like a waste of time + a mood killer though. If there was an option to remove spacium/the store in the settings menu, I would immediately disable it... I don't think the standups need to serve any further purpose than the modes + Baltan qualifier.

#4490 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is Halloween the same?

Collecting blood (instead of spacium) in Halloween was recently completely redone, with each blood collected increasing your game's score multiplier. Mode completion also presents blood targets to players now to further collect and hold onto increasing score multipliers and making it faster to get to the store. Bunch of new features added to the store along with cost adjustments, so buying stuff in exchange for your score multiplier now is a meaningful trade off. Lose 30% scoring modifier bonus or buy that extra ball? It's all more prominent now with a risk/reward system. The scoop shot when not qualified to trigger anything now also will lite up a random blood target on the playfield, so the scoop is no longer a useless shot in the game, as previously it was merely the shot to start modes, a player can actively target it to go for blood collection.

They also added a mini mode to this, as collecting blood points and holding onto them can trigger Myers to come after you, a hurry up shot is required to stop him and provides a jackpot, if you fail to do so you lose blood. If he comes back, he takes more of your blood but also hitting him is worth larger jackpots.

It's a huge change to the game as it makes the whole collection and store meaningful to the game, and your will get much more blood and be able to purchase important new features in the store including 100% scoring multipliers, ball saves, and more.

Not sure if Ultraman is going to get similar changes made or such, I imagine it will?

But also, why even hold onto this machine at all, you absolutely hate it, your posts throughout this thread are nothing but complaints and hate towards it, your clearly not happy with it.

#4491 4 months ago

why even hold onto this machine at all, you absolutely hate it, your posts throughout this thread are nothing but complaints and hate towards it, your clearly not happy with it.

Do you seriously have to ask this question?

#4492 4 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Wow, same price for a used one! Killer deal, but says it won't ship to my address (Chicago area). Bummer

We ship all over the US & Canada. Ultraman ships from Spooky.

#4493 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They will sit. This machine is currently seen as just above home pin status by the public. That's what clunky ramps, 3d printed parts, hot glue technology and slow code gets you these days.
I like the game, but I'm not going to ignore the obvious issues. If you paid full price (I did), you got burnt. No two ways about it.

Don't forget the fact that they can't even document their own mainboard or provide schematics. At least they got my issue I had before I moved resolved, but who the hell knows what the fuck is wrong with my game now that I've moved cross country and it's sitting in storage. When we left, the RGB lines were literally held together with wire nuts because fixing the dead relay on the driver board for some reason involved replacing the entire board instead of just sending me a relay to replace......which necessitated cutting my RGB harness because they changed connectors in the middle of the run. Thank COVID for that little part issue.

But seriously. No board schematics alone would be enough to rule out any future purchase from Spooky if I was ever in the market again. Guess lucky for them, my opinion will be ignored and hand waved off since I likely won't ever be buying another new machine ever again. I kept Ultraman over Godzilla, so clearly I like what they've been doing with the code and the base game enough but my GOD the game is just not at ALL friendly to work on, in any way whatsoever.

#4494 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Do you seriously have to ask this question?

You literally have complained about every aspect of the game, your entire post history in it is complaint and hate for every aspect, the code, the build, the animation, the sound, the pf design, everything. Just fire sale the thing off and rid your hands of it, not sure why you would want to just be wasting space on something you don't like when you could get something for it and put it into something you will like. Sucks if your taking a loss on selling it, but what is the alternative, just stewing in it for the rest of your life?

#4495 4 months ago

You literally have complained about every aspect of the game, your entire post history in it is complaint and hate for every aspect, the code, the build, the animation, the sound, the pf design, everything. Just fire sale the thing off and rid your hands of it, not sure why you would want to just be wasting space on something you don't like when you could get something for it and put it into something you will like. Sucks if your taking a loss on selling it, but what is the alternative, just stewing in it for the rest of your life?

Clearly you haven't read my history. I was rooting for spooky from the beginning. But this game has been a dumpster fire from my perspective. Worst QC I've ever seen, worst build quality I've ever seen, and what I see as rookie code development. This game has been clobbered from all angles.

I'm not selling because it's at it's lowest price point and I'm hoping we'll win the lottery and it will get better. I'm stuck with my dumpster, like many others. You're acting like I'm in some sort of minority here. This game is well known on Pinside as something to stay away from.

This is a forum where ppl discuss pinball. I respect opinions from those who love the game and I expect the same in return. I enjoy reading criticisms about games I love.

I also try to provide evidence for my criticisms, but if that's too much for you, and you prefer an echo chamber, just use the ignore button

#4496 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Clearly you haven't read my history. I was rooting for spooky from the beginning. But this game has been a dumpster fire from my perspective. Worst QC I've ever seen, worst build quality I've ever seen, and what I see as rookie code development. This game has been clobbered from all angles.
I'm not selling because it's at it's lowest price point and I'm hoping we'll win the lottery and it will get better. I'm stuck with my dumpster, like many others. You're acting like I'm in some sort of minority here. This game is well known on Pinside as something to stay away from.
This is a forum where ppl discuss pinball. I respect opinions from those who love the game and I expect the same in return. I enjoy reading criticisms about games I love.
I also try to provide evidence for my criticisms, but if that's too much for you, and you prefer an echo chamber, just use the ignore button

I didn't say you were wrong? You seem to have it bad on the game, so simply, why bother dwelling in it. You keep saying the same thing, not sure what you expect to change or happen when you have also said things aren't going to change.

#4497 4 months ago

I am torn like most, I got burned on QC but Spooky made it right. I do feel like Ultraman is much slower at getting the updates, but the recent updates have been fun.
Unfortunately if you are like me and paid full price, there will be a significant loss if the game is sold. Good thing I don’t want to sell.

#4498 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:just use the ignore button

Thanks for the reminder. I’m with Panzer. You need to slow down the vitriol. You are not in the majority in this thread. I love this game and the best part is my kids love it too. Code keeps getting better. Haven’t had a single QC issue on my game. Replaced 2 servos over the lifetime so far, but that’s no big deal. Dialed in the butt pretzel. A bit of a pain to get it just right, but it’s worth it. Neronga is a big step forward. Pigmon is the best and makes me smile every time. Dada is clever and unique. And hitting the crossover shot is so satisfying that I refuse to order the amazing mod because we love watching it. Anyhow, thanks for reminding me to ignore you. Hope your frown turns upside down.

#4499 4 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We ship all over the US & Canada. Ultraman ships from Spooky.

And with that....just purchased. Hilarious I'll probably get this before I get my Scooby NIB that I ordered in February. No more pins for me until mid next year, damn hobby is expensive, ha.

#4500 4 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m with Panzer. You need to slow down the vitriol. You are not in the majority in this thread. I love this game and the best part is my kids love it too. Code keeps getting better. Haven’t had a single QC issue on my game. Replaced 2 servos over the lifetime so far, but that’s no big deal. Dialed in the butt pretzel. A bit of a pain to get it just right, but it’s worth it. Neronga is a big step forward. Pigmon is the best and makes me smile every time. Dada is clever and unique. And hitting the crossover shot is so satisfying that I refuse to order the amazing mod because we love watching it. Anyhow, thanks for reminding me to ignore you. Hope your frown turns upside down.

yawn.

Someone suggested I update my code. I did and gave my opinion. I'm glad you love the game and won't criticize you for your opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,295 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 210.00
There are 4,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/90?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.