(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 100.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

USB can plug into any open port on the computer. The audio jack plugs into the port with the black ring, not the silver ring.

Thank you spooky_dj !! Worked great

#402 2 years ago

Between a busy week and an annoying basement staircase, It took me a week to get the game from my garage to my basement. But as of an hour ago it’s all assembled and playing! My wife and I only got two games in so far but had a lot of fun. Some of our favorite music in a game we’ve played. Just starting to understand the rules, but was able to figure out enough to start a few battles and a few multiballs. Looking forward to getting more games in this week.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The code is good right now. A little rough around the edges in parts and some bugs. But this is a 1.5 year process.

Maybe it'll be great in 1.5 years, and it's probably my fault for expecting more this early in the process, but the fact that we have to have faith that the game will turn into what it should be now is disconcerting. It's too much money to pay to then be expected to have patience, especially with the overhaul of the team and the repeated but unfulfilled promises of improved quality.

It really bothers me that they overhauled the team. Why would they get rid of so many people that helped them build the company and put the future in the hands of rookies? It also bothers me that their answer to every concern is "we're working really hard and always improving", but I don't see any improvement. I'm also scared that they're spread too thin trying to support code updates on two games. I read they just hired a new programmer, so maybe they'll be ok there, but does he have any pinball experience, and why didn't they hire him much earlier in the process? I read a message from Luke that they want their employees to be local, but aren't they in a really small town in WI? So that doesn't make sense to me either.

I don't know. I think I'm talking myself into selling my spot. I'm disappointed because I really liked their direction a couple of years ago. Now it feels like they're going the wrong way.

#404 2 years ago

I still think that the red onscreen overlay text needs to be changed. The red doesn't come across well over video, especially with map background.
The new Godzilla is a good reference point on how to do text overlay right.
I hope this can be taken under consideration for a future update if it hasn't been already.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from pballbro:

Long-time spooky supporter, first time poster. I bought RZ and R&M new in box.

Quoted from pballbro:

Maybe it'll be great in 1.5 years, and it's probably my fault for expecting more this early in the process, but the fact that we have to have faith that the game will turn into what it should be now is disconcerting. It's too much money to pay to then be expected to have patience, especially with the overhaul of the team and the repeated but unfulfilled promises of improved quality.
It really bothers me that they overhauled the team. Why would they get rid of so many people that helped them build the company and put the future in the hands of rookies? It also bothers me that their answer to every concern is "we're working really hard and always improving", but I don't see any improvement. I'm also scared that they're spread too thin trying to support code updates on two games. I read they just hired a new programmer, so maybe they'll be ok there, but does he have any pinball experience, and why didn't they hire him much earlier in the process? I read a message from Luke that they want their employees to be local, but aren't they in a really small town in WI? So that doesn't make sense to me either.
I don't know. I think I'm talking myself into selling my spot. I'm disappointed because I really liked their direction a couple of years ago. Now it feels like they're going the wrong way.

What number were you for Rick and Morty and how early/late in the game did you get your machine?
I was/am #37 for Rick and Morty (really friggin early) and was/am #107 for Alice Cooper (fairly early).
The reason I ask is none of these games dropped with complete code.
If you didn't play them early on, you probably would have nothing to compare to, but they did not have the gameplay they have now when they initially shipped.
Honestly I don't see this situation being much different in the early stages than I did with other machines in the past.
Both of those machines shipped with early/incomplete code that progressed along they way and both machines are great games now.
Go read the Rick and Morty threads and you will see that there were plenty of issues with that game that needed to be worked out.
Eric was constantly working on updating code and fixing bugs.

I really don't see why people are getting bent out of shape about the code.
Every Spooky thread I haver ever read regarding when a machine comes out there are some buyers that discuss intentionally getting a later production number so that when they get their machine the bugs are worked out and the code is mature.

Me, I personally prefer to get a machine early on and follow the code through its progressions when they come out with new versions.
It's like a treat every time they add more content.
They are soo early in the production numbers I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm stoked my machine is arriving soon as I just paid the balance last week (and yes I have played both Ultraman and Halloween on several occasions).
The negativity and impatience here is killing me.

#406 2 years ago

This thread needs to get more positive. I’ve been playing the game all weekend with both 1.02 and 1.04 code and it is a blast. Knowing there is a lot more to come is awesome. The core Spooky team is still in place. Spooky has also shown to adapt when necessary. UM is a ton of fun. Take some time off Pinside and breathe. When your game comes, it will be fun. I’ve played Godzilla pro and I am not sorry I chose UM. Don’t want to get into a comparison because they are completely different games. That is what I like most about Spooky. Their games are unique and they try different things. In lane lifters really add a dimension of randomness during a multiball. Having to work three playfields and be ever ready in the lifts is crazy. Control freaks will hate that, but pinball is supposed to be chaotic.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This thread needs to get more positive. I’ve been playing the game all weekend with both 1.02 and 1.04 code and it is a blast. Knowing there is a lot more to come is awesome. The core Spooky team is still in place. Spooky has also shown to adapt when necessary. UM is a ton of fun. Take some time off Pinside and breathe. When your game comes, it will be fun. I’ve played Godzilla pro and I am not sorry I chose UM. Don’t want to get into a comparison because they are completely different games. That is what I like most about Spooky. Their games are unique and they try different things. In lane lifters really add a dimension of randomness during a multiball. Having to work three playfields and be ever ready in the lifts is crazy. Control freaks will hate that, but pinball is supposed to be chaotic.

Uploading a vid of the game play would probably help uplift consumer confidence. I for one would love to see the progress in code. Even a cell phone upload works. The drop targets look sweet!

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Uploading a vid of the game play would probably help uplift consumer confidence. I for one would love to see the progress in code. Even a cell phone upload works. The drop targets look sweet!

I’ll try to shoot some video tonight if no one beats me to it. Code progress has improved the game quite a bit in my opinion. We weren’t playing it all previously due to sparse code and after the update we played it all weekend.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’ll try to shoot some video tonight if no one beats me to it. Code progress has improved the game quite a bit in my opinion. We weren’t playing it all previously due to sparse code and after the update we played it all weekend.

Thx .

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The negativity is unfortunately not unique to this thread. Considering the low number of machines produced, it's shocking to me that I can't find my game a new home @ a substantial loss (which in this market is saying something).

Decided to purchase UMCE after loving my Rick and Morty (my first Spooky game). Even though Rick and Morty required a lot of love to dial-in, Spooky gave me great support and I decided they were a company worth supporting (getting bored of Stern's games).

I'm hopeful Spooky will fix the Mac installation issues and make this game great over the next year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/124879

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I still think that the red onscreen overlay text needs to be changed. The red doesn't come across well over video, especially with map background.
The new Godzilla is a good reference point on how to do text overlay right.
I hope this can be taken under consideration for a future update if it hasn't been already.

Please don't make it look like another Stern.

#412 2 years ago

Did this over the weekend.
Thinking if I can add it to the PF somewhere.

Last pic for scale.

20211204_144201 (resized).jpg20211204_144201 (resized).jpg20211205_161727 (resized).jpg20211205_161727 (resized).jpg20211205_161740 (resized).jpg20211205_161740 (resized).jpg20211205_161754 (resized).jpg20211205_161754 (resized).jpg
#413 2 years ago

Down in Disney today and Ultra man look alike gate card.. Ha

3B83DF55-B32A-45B5-ADDE-6D3788975C7B (resized).jpeg3B83DF55-B32A-45B5-ADDE-6D3788975C7B (resized).jpeg
#414 2 years ago

Hah! Honey where is my super suit?

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Please don't make it look like another Stern.

I have the game. It's fun and challenging however, the RED text is very difficult to read on the overlay.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Last pic for scale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was thinking of getting this. Is it a snap or glue model?

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Was thinking of getting this. Is it a snap or glue model?

It snaps together. As you can tell i grabbed some silver paint too.
The waterslide decals will be tough without fine tweezers.
Magnifier recommended.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Last pic for scale.

That is awesome!

Going to talk to some smarter than me people today and see what I can learn about Mac and updates.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

$950 it is yours. Pm me . Put the money where your mouth is. You will not do it..

Funny, I told you in PM I was very interested and haven't heard anything back over the last several days, not even a smarmy "Let me know when you're actually ready to do it" type response. I was holding off on saying anything, figured you might have had other or more ready-to-go offers in the queue but nah....at this point, I'm calling it BS. If you were really interested in selling it, you'd be pursuing every lead.

*Edit* also gotta say for how much stink is made on Pinside about MY posts, you guys sure do make a sh----show all on your own without me. Maybe time for some people to start looking in the mirror instead of pointing fingers anytime they hear something they don't agree with.

#420 2 years ago

It's a bit of a shame that people are always going to be comparing Ultraman to Godzilla. Beyond theme, they are vastly different game styles. I don't think Ultraman was ever trying to shoot like a modern Stern. Stern is already doing a great job of making that style of machine. In my mind Ultraman was designed to feel like a 90s era game with some added bells and whistles. I think it plays a lot more like Twilight Zone then Godzilla.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Last pic for scale.

That turned out great, need to get mine assembled at some point. I've got a standard coming so no jet on the upper-upper playfield plastic, was thinking I'd mount it there if there's a way to do that cleanly. I'm partial to Corvairs (god knows why) so I was excited to see it included on the lower-upper playfield art, think it'll be funny to have a model in the game too.

And still no footage with the new code?? If anyone's got a UM in the Portland OR area, I could probably convince my buddy to bring his streaming gear over

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Last pic for scale.

If you do, make sure to put it somewhere that you're not likely to get an airball.
Maybe upper play field somewhere.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If you do, make sure to put it somewhere that you're not likely to get an airball.
Maybe upper play field somewhere.

...or us it as a super realistic bash toy with battle damage.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

And still no footage with the new code?? If anyone's got a UM in the Portland OR area, I could probably convince my buddy to bring his streaming gear over

I don't have streaming gear, but I borrowed a tripod from work over my lunch break.

#425 2 years ago

Awesome!! Thanks to lpeters82 again, coming through with another video!!

#426 2 years ago

By the way lpeters82 , how did your install go? Did the new code install easily for you? Any pointers?

#427 2 years ago

Pleased to say we added another great member to the Spooky team today! Will do an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future!

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

By the way lpeters82 , how did your install go? Did the new code install easily for you? Any pointers?

Zero issues since switching USB drives.

#429 2 years ago

CE #90 is in the house.
I had to crank the legs way up to get it to play how “I” like. Not sure what the preferred pitch is on it, but I like it running quick.
Kind of weird issue with the shooter rod not being long enough to push the ball all the way around on the plunge.
I’ll have to play with the springs and try to give it a little extra space.2029FD45-9A39-489D-A1DB-27F2C9740732 (resized).jpeg2029FD45-9A39-489D-A1DB-27F2C9740732 (resized).jpeg

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

CE #90 is in the house.
I had to crank the legs way up to get it to play how “I” like. Not sure what the preferred pitch is on it, but I like it running quick.
Kind of weird issue with the shooter rod not being long enough to push the ball all the way around on the plunge.
I’ll have to play with the springs and try to give it a little extra space.[quoted image]

Congrats! I’m 95 and paid up as of last week. Did you get an email or any kind of communication when it shipped, for tracking?

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't have streaming gear, but I borrowed a tripod from work over my lunch break.

Thanks for posting this. Nice job!

#432 2 years ago

I love the added feature to heal when fighting Jirahs. Now the game makes use of the 2nd playfield when the ball drops to it. So much fun, and was a great idea. I love everything that was added to the code update so far. I think people are really going to regret selling this game.

#433 2 years ago

Congrats lpeters82 on joining the Spooky crew.!
Enjoy the ride.

#434 2 years ago

Got to put a couple games on this (and Halloween) at Pincinnati before the tournaments got started.

Game shoots nice. It's even more gorgeous in person. Halloween is also stunning in person. Even though, I've seen many vids of gameplay, I still lost a dang ball in the lifters during multiball because I wasn't paying attention. That'll take some getting used to.

I am looking forward to seeing the game develop even more. I was stuck in the tournament area most of the show, so I didn't get to chat with the Team Spooky, unfortunately.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

[quoted image]

At least the game shipped with the custom rod.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

CE #90 is in the house.
I’ll have to play with the springs and try to give it a little extra space.[quoted image]

I would double check to make sure your shooter rod isn't rubbing against the auto launcher. If it's rubbing it will drastically reduce the power of the plunger. I thought I needed a new spring on mine until I realized that was the issue. There is some play in where the playfield sits, so the fix would just be sliding it over the touch.

#437 2 years ago

Yes, I got an email with a shipping confirmation.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Congrats! I’m 95 and paid up as of last week. Did you get an email or any kind of communication when it shipped, for tracking?

#438 2 years ago

It's coming through clean, but it's not going past the auto plunger on it's own.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I would double check to make sure your shooter rod isn't rubbing against the auto launcher. If it's rubbing it will drastically reduce the power of the plunger. I thought I needed a new spring on mine until I realized that was the issue. There is some play in where the playfield sits, so the fix would just be sliding it over the touch.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yes, I got an email with a shipping confirmation.

Just needs a slightly shorter spring. They will be shipped with a shorter spring. Also normally included would be a shorter spring.

#440 2 years ago
Enjoy the ride!
Congrats if true, if not u sure make nice videos for them!

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Enjoy the ride.

It's true. I was a customer while making the videos, but in 13 days, I'll be an official employee. I'm going to do whatever I can to help Ultraman and Halloween becomes the best games they can be. It's still a little hard to believe.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, you’re just accepting that a normal function is now broken? And it’s on me to go bother people to make this game work? Instead of it just working like all other USB updatable games since 2006?
Sorry, I do not accept this.
I’ve supported Spooky & would love to continue supporting Spooky, but I’m not going to be part of a Deeprootesque cult that gives them a pass for bad things. I’m a paying customer, not a cheerleader or influencer. As a customer, I will reasonably discuss things that are unreasonable about the product. If this is unacceptable & this thread is only meant to be a cheerleading exercise, perhaps Spooky will refund my deposit in good faith. You’ll never hear from me again, and you can have fun driving all over town looking for a PC to update your game.

I’m afraid I’m in the same boat. If Spooky doesn’t make this Mac friendly, I’m sunk. Everyone I know only uses Mac and no one uses windows in my area. I think what Rarehero is discussing is a real world issue and not just complaining. I don’t want to do a dance around to upgrade my software, since I’ve tried that on other things and it does not reliably work. Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and its strange that people still act like windows is the only OS.

#443 2 years ago

Curious, maybe it's just me but, I haven't been able to get an extra ball yet in the game. No mode yet? Also wish the ball trap on the right side was a little more easier to claim. It's a tight an dangerous shot and it takes about 5 hits to lock and it resets on drain. Brutal.

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Apple is the biggest computer company

Uh...no. Not even close. Try again. Fanaticism doesn't produce truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_share_of_personal_computer_vendors#Top_vendors_market_share_(2020)

They're not even the biggest cell phone manufacturer....Samsung is.

*edit* Spooky should still be able to fix this issue, and should, to be clear about my position. I hate Apple, but having updates fail just because you copied a file onto a stick using one of their computers is bonkers.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh...no. Not even close. Try again. Fanaticism doesn't produce truth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_share_of_personal_computer_vendors#Top_vendors_market_share_(2020)
They're not even the biggest cell phone manufacturer....Samsung is.

Come on, Apple is the biggest company market cap wise, profit, products, etc. Samsung is a joke and the only reason they are able to keep their head above water is because they sell to Apple. That is not a fanaticism statement, but truth. But let’s not get into a discussion about computer/electronic companies, since this is about pinball.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’m afraid I’m in the same boat. If Spooky doesn’t make this Mac friendly, I’m sunk. Everyone I know only uses Mac and no one uses windows in my area. I think what Rarehero is discussing is a real world issue and not just complaining. I don’t want to do a dance around to upgrade my software, since I’ve tried that on other things and it does not reliably work. Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and its strange that people still act like windows is the only OS.

That's true that Windows isn't the only OS, but it does account for approx. 75% of the computer market. The thing about Macs is that they have a lot if Pros and Cons. One of the cons is that a lot of software doesn't work on or exist for Macs, like most PC games. But a Pro is that they tend to be more stable and have less viruses and mallard. So it's swings and roundabouts.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Come on, Apple is the biggest company market cap wise, profit, products, etc. Samsung is a joke and the only reason they are able to keep their head above water is because they sell to Apple. That is not a fanaticism statement, but truth. But let’s not get into a discussion about computer/electronic companies, since this is about pinball.

Yes, let's not get into this discussion that you added to now that a cogent point was made.. I don't give a hoot what their market cap is. Your statement was:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Apple is the biggest computer company in the world

And they're simply NOT.

And total LOL, yes, diversification is a good business strategy, and Samsung does that well, by making top-tier components like OLED screens and DRAM. How is it not fanaticism again when one company is praised for their success, but another is not, even though the company being praised is entirely reliant on the other company's products as part of their supply chain? They have the ridiculous volume and can meet the quality standards. Get outta here. Nothing further needs to be said, because the argument was over as soon as you posted that.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Curious, maybe it's just me but, I haven't been able to get an extra ball yet in the game. No mode yet? Also wish the ball trap on the right side was a little more easier to claim. It's a tight an dangerous shot and it takes about 5 hits to lock and it resets on drain. Brutal.

First, I guess I now have to say stuff like, this is just my personal opinion. I'm not sure what I think about making the physical ball save much easier. The game already plays quite long. With so many shots feeding the inlanes, I'm not sure there needs to be changes in the default settings to make the game play any longer. With that said, I'm always up for giving the player control in the menu to make their game play the way they want it to play. I also would be in favor for rewarding the player in other ways. Maybe a unique mode.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, let's not get into this discussion that you added to now that a cogent point was made.. I don't give a hoot what their market cap is. Your statement was:

And they're simply NOT.
And total LOL, yes, diversification is a good business strategy, and Samsung does that well, by making top-tier components like OLED screens and DRAM. How is it not fanaticism again when one company is praised for their success, but another is not, even though the company being praised is entirely reliant on the other company's products as part of their supply chain? They have the ridiculous volume and can meet the quality standards. Get outta here. Nothing further needs to be said, because the argument was over as soon as you posted that.

The Apple/Samsung pissing contest is really off topic and not the point.

My first Spooky purchase was a Rick and Morty. I had no issues updating from my Mac. I purchased UM with the assumption that updating from my Mac would still be possible. Not supporting this is just lazy. Professional companies have standards across games/designers. Spooky should simply be saying if Mac installs are buggy, it will get addressed asap. Period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.