(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 100.
#4101 10 months ago

OK, just got this installed and played a couple of games. Didn't get very far in because I drained a few times looking at the screen improvements instead of the ball!
Overall:
Video system overhaul is a MAJOR upgrade - screen transitions were VERY smooth and VERY fast. Also, this was not mentioned in the version notes but I thought the entire screen looked crisper, easier to read (not just the videos)
Sound was very good, you can notice the changes. I did not change any of the values yet for SFX/Voice/Song mod but will be playing with that later
I did notice a few of the new callouts - nice
I also noticed a lot of little enhancements throughout the screens - nice touch!

This update seems rock solid to me, like a deep dive into the basic code, underlying platform. I feel that a lot of the original code from this game is probably long gone with this update, and can understand why it took the time it did. In cargument terms, feels like a frame off restoration has just occurred. I will have to get a few more games in to really get the whole picture but I want to thank m4tt for a job very well done!

#4102 10 months ago

Anyone know which opto is left subway switch 66??

#4103 10 months ago

Hi. Just joined the club. CE #314. Question. Is there a setting to make the flippers do the double click as a warning when the ball is coming out & where. My machine just lights the lane. I've played on location where it double clicks. Thx.

#4104 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Hi. Just joined the club. CE #314. Question. Is there a setting to make the flippers do the double click as a warning when the ball is coming out & where. My machine just lights the lane. I've played on location where it double clicks. Thx.

It does this automatically with the new code but only once per game

#4105 10 months ago

Great Update from @m4tt, just what I/we wanted. The display graphics layout and clarity for the main screen and the mode select screen/monsters has been vastly improved. Nice one. Also the new new Neronga mode is great. The power station stuff is awesome. More of this type of thing please!! I am now seriously playing for patrol assists above everything else... haha

My updated notes of stuff i have found. I will email this direct but sharing here to:

Ultraman code notes
Updated:10/06/23
Sw Rev 1.11

- add update progress bar for software updates
- doesnt say remove usb drive after update finished, maybe say 'remove usb, power cycle machine'
- no sounds for service mode list move/select etc
- no ball save ball timer setting
- eb award doesn’t always light shoot again lamp between flippers?
- setting eb for replays still says 'replay at' in attract mode not 'extra ball at'
- no progress mode save, so failed modes attempted again can be continued from last point
- Ball save stops working down centre (only) - think is related to achieving a skill shot, not 100% sure yet
- Delayed music start at ball launch sometimes
- Text overlaying on stacked modes
- Lamps don’t always clear for Baltan mb start
- If start science patrol mb afterwards shots back to target don’t add assist shots so you cannot progress to neronga
- clarity/quality of the screen shown after a mode select is still low res and needs to be sharp like the other monster images now.

Here is a screen grab for the text overlaying item in the list

IMG_7613 (resized).JPGIMG_7613 (resized).JPG

#4106 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

There is always a light blink and small sound when the lifters activate. This cannot be turned off.

Go into Menu - Feature Settings

Lifter Shake Yes/No - Shaker Motor will give a little shake when the lifters activate

Flipper Training Yes/No - Flippers will flip when the when the lifters activate, but only the first time per game per player

I think that's correct

RussM

#4107 10 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Great Update from m4tt, just what I/we wanted. The display graphics layout and clarity for the main screen and the mode select screen/monsters has been vastly improved. Nice one. Also the new new Neronga mode is great. The power station stuff is awesome. More of this type of thing please!! I am now seriously playing for patrol assists above everything else... haha
My updated notes of stuff i have found. I will email this direct but sharing here to:
Ultraman code notes
Updated:10/06/23
Sw Rev 1.11
- add update progress bar for software updates
- doesnt say remove usb drive after update finished, maybe say 'remove usb, power cycle machine'
- no sounds for service mode list move/select etc
- no ball save ball timer setting
- eb award doesn’t always light shoot again lamp between flippers?
- setting eb for replays still says 'replay at' in attract mode not 'extra ball at'
- no progress mode save, so failed modes attempted again can be continued from last point
- Ball save stops working down centre (only) - think is related to achieving a skill shot, not 100% sure yet
- Delayed music start at ball launch sometimes
- Text overlaying on stacked modes
- Lamps don’t always clear for Baltan mb start
- If start science patrol mb afterwards shots back to target don’t add assist shots so you cannot progress to neronga
- clarity/quality of the screen shown after a mode select is still low res and needs to be sharp like the other monster images now.
Here is a screen grab for the text overlaying item in the list
[quoted image]

I agree with all of this except for saving mode progress. The modes aren't that long so starting over isn't really that big of deal. Maybe this could be a future setting for users to choose.

#4108 10 months ago

OK I have put about 20 games on 1.11 code and several time I have had balls drain while the white chest light was still flashing and did not get my ball back, ending the ball or the game.

This is new behavior.

Anyone else seeing this?

Also, being able to select a specific time for ball save/ turn ball save off would be nice in Menu.

RM

#4109 10 months ago

Anyone know what are the updated scoring balances that were done, like what exactly was changed? The jackpot values of the PF multiball modes? Other shots? Did any of the scoop modes get increased or changes in point values earned for shots or completion? Interested in knowing how the balancing on the scoring was handled.

#4110 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK I have put about 20 games on 1.11 code and several time I have had balls drain while the white chest light was still flashing and did not get my ball back, ending the ball or the game.
This is new behavior.
Anyone else seeing this?
Also, being able to select a specific time for ball save/ turn ball save off would be nice in Menu.
RM

Yes. Every game

#4111 10 months ago

I left a game on for about an hour or two and came back to it and plunged… everything was frozen. Flippers still had power but no switches were reading and coin door buttons had no effect. Had to to power cycle to reset.

#4112 10 months ago

I'm on ver 1.07. I need to update! Don't have feature settings in my menu. Lol.

#4113 10 months ago

Thanks to those that have sent me emails, we’ll be fixing a few things asap including the ball save, some other lights issues and incorrect text overlay.

#4114 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I'm on ver 1.07. I need to update! Don't have feature settings in my menu. Lol.

Dude that will be a massive upgrade for you.

Do it.

RussM

#4115 10 months ago

Too late now, but how cool would it have been for a magnet somewhere to capture the ball by "Antlar"?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4116 10 months ago

I'm trying to update. Does it do anything on the screen while updating. I'm pretty sure nothing is happening. Lol

#4117 10 months ago

Different usb drive. It's on its way now.

#4118 10 months ago

Hey guys, I'm stuck on the updating screen, I have run it for 30mins and doesn't seem finalise..... I've unplugged and reinstalled code on use drive any hints what to do??

#4119 10 months ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Hey guys, I'm stuck on the updating screen, I have run it for 30mins and doesn't seem finalise..... I've unplugged and reinstalled code on use drive any hints what to do??

It was the file name that had me stuck on the update screen.

#4120 10 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It was the file name that had me stuck on the update screen.

How do I change it??

#4121 10 months ago

How do I change it??

I just renamed the file. File name should be code_UM or something like that. I hade multiple files with the same name so they were numbered. I just deleted the number.

#4122 10 months ago

I always do a "quick format" in NTFS format before updating UM and the update happens really fast, like less than 10 minutes.

#4123 10 months ago

Hi everybody ,

Really enjoying the new expert mode , its fun !! Thanks spooky and Matt

Got 2 issue since update, no more ball save when light is on but i see i m not alone.

The other issue is when I lost the ball it takes really mych more time than before to end the ball game. Dont know if it comes from mine (i still have the first cpu version, no pc inside mine).
Vidéo here :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YHq8yddSviV3QVEFA

Enjoy your game , have a good sunday all

#4124 10 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everybody ,
Really enjoying the new expert mode , its fun !! Thanks spooky and Matt
Got 2 issue since update, no more ball save when light is on but i see i m not alone.
The other issue is when I lost the ball it takes really mych more time than before to end the ball game. Dont know if it comes from mine (i still have the first cpu version, no pc inside mine).
Vidéo here :
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YHq8yddSviV3QVEFA
Enjoy your game , have a good sunday all

Yep, Matt already knows about the Ball Save problem and he's working on it.

We'll probably get a quick bug fix update soon.

RussM

#4125 10 months ago

Hey all.............installed new code this morning. Cranked out a couple of games. Super stoked! In my opinion, this game was amazing to start with and just keeps getting better! Digging the new graphics and can't wait to get to a Neronga battle! Thanks to everyone at Spooky.

Aside from the already mentioned bugs in this latest code drop I'm seeing something else on my machine. The screen is a bit squished/chopped. I've got an early # game so maybe that is the issue?

Anyway........attached are a couple of pics.

I see the pic applejuice posted depicting the text overlay bug and that screen is not squished like mine so I'm guessing it is a hardware issue. Any insight as to how to correct this is greatly appreciated.

IMG_9569 (resized).jpgIMG_9569 (resized).jpgIMG_9570 (resized).jpgIMG_9570 (resized).jpg
#4126 10 months ago

Anybody else have speaker/sound issues? Specifically for me. Seems like the left speaker gets tons of static & electrical interference. Especially when the shaker goes off. Sounds like the speaker is gonna blow up with static. Sometimes when the coin door is open. It is loud. Slam the door and goes away. Almost like a loose speaker. But it's not. Almost more of a grounding thing?

#4127 10 months ago

Another new code observation....................BEFORE you ball plunge if you activate the flippers, whether it is ball 1, 2, or 3, it instantly enters you into a Jirah battle.

This has got to be a bug and I'm going to exploit it for a bit.

#4128 10 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Another new code observation....................BEFORE you ball plunge if you activate the flippers, whether it is ball 1, 2, or 3, it instantly enters you into a Jirah battle.
This has got to be a bug and I'm going to exploit it for a bit.

OK, tried to duplicate this on my UM - definitely not happening on my machine.

I upgraded from 1.10 to 1.11. Did you also go from 1.10 to 1.11?

Just curious.

RussM

#4129 10 months ago

Anyone seen any of these things with UM 1.11?

1. Have not been able to replicate this but, had 5 Spacium credits, went into Spacium Store, scrolling right through choices, as I neared but did not reach Extra Ball, screen went back to the "regular display" , then popped back to the Spacium Store. Weird.

2. After install of the 1.11 code (I upgrade from 1.10) the shaker motor seems much stronger, like it shakes the whole cab in a way it did not before. I have had stuff like that happen after upgrading UM code, i.e. a noticeable change in the behavior of a mechanism, notably suddenly the autolaunch was a lot weaker and I had to tweak it up (not with this 1.11 update however)

3. I have been getting into a situation when running Bemular (may or not be related to having another Kaiju mode running at the same time) when I can shoot the ball into the scoop on the middle (Bemular) playfield, and the drop target pops up, trapping the ball behind it. When the scoop tries to kick the ball out, it hits the raised target, and bounces back into the scoop, the target drops and immediately resets. This repeats 2 or 3 times, then the game drops that target (or stops resetting it) and the ball pops back out and on we go. Never saw that before this 1.11 update.

4. Old issue, and just a matter of opinion, but when the Battle Kaiju is lit at the Beta Capsule and it goes into Kaiju Select mode, it's always at Ragon first, but it doesn't say "Ragon", even though it does when you scroll over all of the other Kaiju pictures. Just seems inconsistent. The UI also seems to have trouble catching up if I scroll 3 or 4 Kaiju over and then choose one, it goes through all the names of the ones I scrolled past instead of just going to the one I just selected. Seems odd.

RussMyers

#4130 10 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Anybody else have speaker/sound issues? Specifically for me. Seems like the left speaker gets tons of static & electrical interference. Especially when the shaker goes off. Sounds like the speaker is gonna blow up with static. Sometimes when the coin door is open. It is loud. Slam the door and goes away. Almost like a loose speaker. But it's not. Almost more of a grounding thing?

Not happening on my game.

I would look at all of the speaker cable connections, especially both ends of the cable that goes from the head to the amp in the bottom of the cab.

RussM

#4131 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

1. Have not been able to replicate this but, had 5 Spacium credits, went into Spacium Store, scrolling right through choices, as I neared but did not reach Extra Ball, screen went back to the "regular display" , then popped back to the Spacium Store. Weird.
2. After install of the 1.11 code (I upgrade from 1.10) the shaker motor seems much stronger, like it shakes the whole cab in a way it did not before. I have had stuff like that happen after upgrading UM code, i.e. a noticeable change in the behavior of a mechanism, notably suddenly the autolaunch was a lot weaker and I had to tweak it up (not with this 1.11 update however)
3. I have been getting into a situation when running Bemular (may or not be related to having another Kaiju mode running at the same time) when I can shoot the ball into the scoop on the middle (Bemular) playfield, and the drop target pops up, trapping the ball behind it. When the scoop tries to kick the ball out, it hits the raised target, and bounces back into the scoop, the target drops and immediately resets. This repeats 2 or 3 times, then the game drops that target (or stops resetting it) and the ball pops back out and on we go. Never saw that before this 1.11 update.
4. Old issue, and just a matter of opinion, but when the Battle Kaiju is lit at the Beta Capsule and it goes into Kaiju Select mode, it's always at Ragon first, but it doesn't say "Ragon", even though it does when you scroll over all of the other Kaiju pictures. Just seems inconsistent. The UI also seems to have trouble catching up if I scroll 3 or 4 Kaiju over and then choose one, it goes through all the names of the ones I scrolled past instead of just going to the one I just selected. Seems odd.
RussMyers

After a few plays, I agree with #2. I thought it was all in my head. Shaker intensity seems greater after updating from 1.10 to 1.11. Wish I could reduce the intensity. Couldn't turn those shaker weight set screws using a small allen wrench to rotate the weights.

#4132 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Anyone seen
RussMyers

I experienced and reported this as well. If you can get a video please send to Matt and I will do the same.

#4133 10 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

After a few plays, I agree with #2. I thought it was all in my head. Shaker intensity seems greater after updating from 1.10 to 1.11. Wish I could reduce the intensity. Couldn't turn those shaker weight set screws using a small allen wrench to rotate the weights.

I have adjusted a large number of shaker motor weights.

I will try this on mine and get back to you.

RussM

#4134 10 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

They use a good amount of loctite on those screws, one of them I couldn't get to break no matter what, but thankfully one of the other screws I was able to get broken out of the loctite to adjust the weight balance.

#4135 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, tried to duplicate this on my UM - definitely not happening on my machine.
I upgraded from 1.10 to 1.11. Did you also go from 1.10 to 1.11?
Just curious.
RussM

Russ.........I went from an old version of code I had put in about this time last year. So whatever version that was. I was waiting for a bigger version and this last code was that for sure.

Maybe that is what is causing my bug

#4136 10 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

After a few plays, I agree with #2. I thought it was all in my head. Shaker intensity seems greater

I agree as well.

And I like it

#4137 10 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Russ.........I went from an old version of code I had put in about this time last year. So whatever version that was. I was waiting for a bigger version and this last code was that for sure.
Maybe that is what is causing my bug

I did software QA for 6 years.

It is always "possible" to get different results with an update depending on where the user starts.

Run that past Matt. Do you have his email?

[email protected]

RussM

#4138 10 months ago

Hi, it's me again
I haven't played that much this week, because i'm struggling with another minor issue:
my right scoop flasher is stuck light on all the time.

When i go in flasher test mode and i try to turn it on, it dims a bit.

I noticed other "funny facts", maybe unrelated:
- the lower led strips show some glitches (2nd led sarting frome left cannot turn blue)
- if i turn all flashers on, the topper spins
- if i test the topper flasher, nothing happens (where is this flasher supposed to be?)

Do you guys have any idea where to check?

Thanx a lot for the support.

#4139 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

2. After install of the 1.11 code (I upgrade from 1.10) the shaker motor seems much stronger, like it shakes the whole cab in a way it did not before. I have had stuff like that happen after upgrading UM code, i.e. a noticeable change in the behavior of a mechanism, notably suddenly the autolaunch was a lot weaker and I had to tweak it up (not with this 1.11 update however)RussMyers

My shaker motor is slightly stronger, or the patterns are different with more 'rumble' (from v1.10), but i wouldn't say it was much stronger or too powerful. Seems about right to me. I am in the the uk (europe) though and we are on 50hz 240vac line here. (Same as in new Zealand to?) Even though the 48v switch mode supplies work on either 120v 60hz and 240 50hz and should output the same end result i've seen before (with coils and motors) on other projects where strengths of items are lower over here than in the usa. weird..

#4140 10 months ago

Great work m4tt and team! This game is so much freakin fun!!! SUWATCH!

#4141 10 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Hey all.............installed new code this morning. Cranked out a couple of games. Super stoked! In my opinion, this game was amazing to start with and just keeps getting better! Digging the new graphics and can't wait to get to a Neronga battle! Thanks to everyone at Spooky.
Aside from the already mentioned bugs in this latest code drop I'm seeing something else on my machine. The screen is a bit squished/chopped. I've got an early # game so maybe that is the issue?
Anyway........attached are a couple of pics.
I see the pic applejuice posted depicting the text overlay bug and that screen is not squished like mine so I'm guessing it is a hardware issue. Any insight as to how to correct this is greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe there is a way to adjust your lcd size using the std controls from the hdmi board. I think there is a small board with 5 or so buttons that can get you into the actual lcd controller setup etc. Ie i think this needs fixing in there not form the actual spooky software etc. Just a thought, open the display panel and check on the back of it for this little board pcb.

#4142 10 months ago

My next thought is possibly to increase the size of the bonus screen font. Its pretty small right now. Seems a shame not to use more of the screen size here.

IMG_7630 (resized).JPGIMG_7630 (resized).JPG

#4143 10 months ago

How long is the update taking to download from the thumb drive to the pinball mines going on a half hour. I thought it was always alot quicker might need to turn off and re try

#4144 10 months ago
Quoted from Toby:

How long is the update taking to download from the thumb drive to the pinball mines going on a half hour. I thought it was always alot quicker might need to turn off and re try

Mine was just a few minutes. Real quick.

#4145 10 months ago

Ok thanks I gave it an hr guess I will turn it off and re try

#4146 10 months ago
Quoted from Toby:

Ok thanks I gave it an hr guess I will turn it off and re try

Check the file name on the USB stick.

It has to be

code_UM.pkg

exactly.

RM

#4147 10 months ago

Hi, I just picked up an Ultraman CE #7. When I start Baltan Multi-ball, the game kicks out three balls into the shooter lane and then the auto plunger isn't strong enough to get them out of the shooter lane. It seems the game ends up putting all seven balls in play. I thought Baltan was a 3 ball Multi-ball.

#4148 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Hi, I just picked up an Ultraman CE #7. When I start Baltan Multi-ball, the game kicks out three balls into the shooter lane and then the auto plunger isn't strong enough to get them out of the shooter lane. It seems the game ends up putting all seven balls in play. I thought Baltan was a 3 ball Multi-ball.

I’d start with a switch test to see if you have one acting up.

#4149 10 months ago

There's a new menu item called TROUGH TEST which is for diagnosing issues like this, here's a rundown of how it can help:

12-06-2023 15-00-37 (resized).png12-06-2023 15-00-37 (resized).png

- when first in the menu, check all the trough 1-7 switches are active
- then use the **Eject** option to kick a ball out, it should end up on the shooter and all the trough switches should change as the balls roll down, leaving 7 inactive. Shooter should now be active. If the ball bounces back into the trough, you should bring your COIL SETTINGS > TROUGH power level down a notch, then retest.
- then use **Launch** to send that ball into the playfield. If this isn't strong enough, you might need to increase the COIL SETTINGS > AUTOFIRE setting OR check that everything is aligned and nothing is stopping the auto plunger from moving freely (make sure it isn't hitting the manual plunger tip etc)
- try ejecting and launching multiple balls in quick succession like it would in a multiball

#4150 10 months ago

I don't have any switch issues when I go into trough test and I can. Successfully eject and launch multiple balls.

Only in Baltan does it eject three balls at a time before attempting to auto launch.

This is a very early run game #7. Is it possible there is a fix that wasn't implemented?

Quoted from m4tt:

There's a new menu item called TROUGH TEST which is for diagnosing issues like this, here's a rundown of how it can help:
[quoted image]
- when first in the menu, check all the trough 1-7 switches are active
- then use the **Eject** option to kick a ball out, it should end up on the shooter and all the trough switches should change as the balls roll down, leaving 7 inactive. Shooter should now be active. If the ball bounces back into the trough, you should bring your COIL SETTINGS > TROUGH power level down a notch, then retest.
- then use **Launch** to send that ball into the playfield. If this isn't strong enough, you might need to increase the COIL SETTINGS > AUTOFIRE setting OR check that everything is aligned and nothing is stopping the auto plunger from moving freely (make sure it isn't hitting the manual plunger tip etc)
- try ejecting and launching multiple balls in quick succession like it would in a multiball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.