(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 100.
#4001 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Nobody forced them to make 2 games at once

That's right, so Ultraman fan's would have been SOL with a HW only release. Best you can hope for is them adding expert and final wizard modes with bug squashing in future updates, they already revamped the main screen and added mode progression/health recovery to middle playfield for Jirahs's mode.

#4002 11 months ago

I don't think the two games thing is that much of an issue, the bigger problem simply is that Spooky and us owners got screwed over by whatever went down with their programmer. We were seeing regular updates to the games, then suddenly over 6 months of nothing, and then them having to bring on a new person and the rebuilding, and catching up he would need to do. We are stuck waiting now, and Scooby gets the main attention because of that delay while these games are done and sold, it's no longer on their immediate radar. We can only hope their promise of support continues and that they do eventually get us the games we hope them to turn out to be.

Hopefully that code that is soon coming is gonna make folks happy for some time.

#4003 11 months ago

Scooby shouldn't have much impact on UM/HW as Matt isn't working on Scooby, I believe DJ is doing the code that game with Luke P overseeing code on all 3 games. I imagine the big delay is just getting Matt caught up to speed with the existing code. He's also in New Zealand so there is probably some wait time with feedback from the main Spooky team. The last update a couple months ago brought quite a bit to the table as far as streamlining some of the modes and adding the double jackpot locks to the multiballs. The revamp of how the Science Patrol target works was a huge win in my book. I think this next update will be a banger too. We are getting the last expert mode that is locked on the quick battle screen currently and I'm sure they'll have some other surprises for us too.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I don't think the two games thing is that much of an issue, the bigger problem simply is that Spooky and us owners got screwed over by whatever went down with their programmer. We were seeing regular updates to the games, then suddenly over 6 months of nothing, and then them having to bring on a new person and the rebuilding, and catching up he would need to do. We are stuck waiting now, and Scooby gets the main attention because of that delay while these games are done and sold, it's no longer on their immediate radar. We can only hope their promise of support continues and that they do eventually get us the games we hope them to turn out to be.
Hopefully that code that is soon coming is gonna make folks happy for some time.

#4004 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Doesnt help that Scooby has its own issues. Havent even looked into it so I dont get the "abandoned soon" feeling and feel it will not be fully fleshed out. I thought Spooky was ready for the bigtime..

Prove me wrong please.

#4005 11 months ago

Stand by ….

rd

#4006 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

please update ultraman owners in the ultraman thread

Agreed, my bad there.

Also just to re-iterate, I don't work on Scooby - just HWN and UM. Everyone has been super patient (yes really) and we appreciate the support, new update coming soon and still lots to come going forward.

#4007 11 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Scooby shouldn't have much impact on UM/HW as Matt isn't working on Scooby, I believe DJ is doing the code that game with Luke P overseeing code on all 3 games. I imagine the big delay is just getting Matt caught up to speed with the existing code. He's also in New Zealand so there is probably some wait time with feedback from the main Spooky team. The last update a couple months ago brought quite a bit to the table as far as streamlining some of the modes and adding the double jackpot locks to the multiballs. The revamp of how the Science Patrol target works was a huge win in my book. I think this next update will be a banger too. We are getting the last expert mode that is locked on the quick battle screen currently and I'm sure they'll have some other surprises for us too.

Matt does most of the heavy lifting with all the code work, but you know the Spooky gang has to work on it too via reviewing things, testing, design ideas, theres usually going to be back and forth going on. The main gang at Spooky also didn't program HW/UM either remember, the programmer still did lot of the heavy code work so it's still them having to juggle 3 games now all while also having stuff like all these summer conventions going on that has em traveling and exhibiting. It's alot of work to deal with.

Again the biggest issue is whatever happened with the original programmer which caused these games to lose over 6 months of update windows and had everyone waiting only for Spooky to be in the middle of a brand new big product launch and con season

Last update was good outside some bugs, so if it keeps up, then things are looking up.

#4008 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Agreed, my bad there.
Also just to re-iterate, I don't work on Scooby - just HWN and UM. Everyone has been super patient (yes really) and we appreciate the support, new update coming soon and still lots to come going forward.

Thanks Matt,

I am excited for the next update. I'm not trying to rain on you or spooky at all. Just i wish we could have more info on the updates on a regular basis, the update plan/roadmap and maybe have more beta code to try out and comment on. Privately would be fine to , not on here obviously.

I think honest feedback is important to, i'm just not loving the middle playfield. I wish it was integrated better into more of the mbs and features.

#4009 11 months ago

Hi everyone , thanks Matt for the update , home to enjoy more and more my um

Home one things , have à clear mission on the screen , what to do is sometimes hard to fond for noobs.

One question for everybody, when i use the roght or the left flipper , low pression make only the down flipper move. To play the upper flipper i need to put an high pression to use it ....

On acnc no need to do that . On shrek, or other stern , i need also high pression and its normal.

My question is , is it normal on um ? When I look the stream , it looks flipper always mise together.

Thanks for help

Spookkkkkkyyyyy fans !!!!

#4010 11 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I am excited for the next update. I'm not trying to rain on you or spooky at all. Just i wish we could have more info on the updates on a regular basis, the update plan/roadmap and maybe have more beta code to try out and comment on. Privately would be fine to , not on here obviously.
I think honest feedback is important to, i'm just not loving the middle playfield. I wish it was integrated better into more of the mbs and features.

Spooky is awesome because they are boutique and they care. And the interact here. But have you seen code roadmaps from stern and JJP? What do we expect so much more from the boutique guys?

I say let spooky spend their time working. It’s takes effort and distractions to put out “material” versus just doing it.

#4011 11 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone , thanks Matt for the update , home to enjoy more and more my um
Home one things , have à clear mission on the screen , what to do is sometimes hard to fond for noobs.
One question for everybody, when i use the roght or the left flipper , low pression make only the down flipper move. To play the upper flipper i need to put an high pression to use it ....
On acnc no need to do that . On shrek, or other stern , i need also high pression and its normal.
My question is , is it normal on um ? When I look the stream , it looks flipper always mise together.
Thanks for help
Spookkkkkkyyyyy fans !!!!

Yes Ultraman has staged flippers. This allows for ball cradling on the lower playfield without interrupting play on the upper playfields. You can adjust the switches inside the cabinet behind the flipper buttons to set the sensitivity.

#4012 11 months ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Spooky is awesome because they are boutique and they care. And the interact here. But have you seen code roadmaps from stern and JJP? What do we expect so much more from the boutique guys?
I say let spooky spend their time working. It’s takes effort and distractions to put out “material” versus just doing it.

I agree
ACNC was not fun when it came out imo
Took a couple of code updates to turn it into a fun and challenging shooter
I’m not expecting the best pin evar here but a challenging and solid theme-integration game
Asking the new coder every couple of days for an update will only upset us more methinks
Have a great Sunday ladies and gents

#4013 11 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Yes Ultraman has staged flippers. This allows for ball cradling on the lower playfield without interrupting play on the upper playfields. You can adjust the switches inside the cabinet behind the flipper buttons to set the sensitivity.

Thanks alexorear for fast answer.

This system is not easy to master for kids and newbies. They always think upper flipper doesnt work ....

Got also some issue with airball and plastics protector broken (the one on the three bank drop ) .. that s protector , they are here to protect and broke but they are hard to remove and glue .

As so much fun with the game !!!!

20230513_151051 (resized).jpg20230513_151051 (resized).jpg
#4014 11 months ago

This system is not easy to master for kids and newbies. They always think upper flipper doesnt work ....
Got also some issue with airball and plastics protector broken (the one on the three bank drop ) .. that s protector , they are here to protect and broke but they are hard to remove and glue .
[quoted image]

I've heard of others breaking this plastic but I personally have not. One other thing to note with the flippers is that the bottom flippers and middle playfield flipper are always active but the upper playfield flipper doesn't turn on until the upper playfield is active.

#4015 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Mine is broken too…

#4016 11 months ago

Mine too (!)

See John_C's post on the Halloween thread, he's made a stronger one and will be selling them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/278#post-7554875

#4017 11 months ago

After coming into the fanboy club and looking for some answers on a possible purchase of Ultraman. Like I said I had a lot of good things to say and concerns. One pinsider responded with a attitude . And yet again ,with none of my questions answered. And then I was swore at. And than I see he gets upvotes for that behavior. Some were helpful here. I did a 180 and bought a Zeppelin. I would hate to think about coming back with additional questions, and help.

#4018 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Mine too (!)
See John_C's post on the Halloween thread, he's made a stronger one and will be selling them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/278#post-7554875

Hi Matt,

Cool thanks for the link to the post. Hope spooky Will make à free update for customer

And @alexorear, i think first we played the game this was an issue with the upper playfield flipper , then i call the first owner and hé explain me this

And one other question, sometimes add issue with the shooter lane, the ball is ejected then come back with the other ball . Think i Will add à shooter lane guard like on my stern ?

Thanks everybody , still love this game ! Cant wait for a new code where everybody can understand what to do and a better use of the first upper playfield.

#4019 11 months ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

After coming into the fanboy club and looking for some answers on a possible purchase of Ultraman. Like I said I had a lot of good things to say and concerns. One pinsider responded with a attitude . And yet again ,with none of my questions answered. And then I was swore at. And than I see he gets upvotes for that behavior. Some were helpful here. I did a 180 and bought a Zeppelin. I would hate to think about coming back with additional questions, and help.

Obviously you took exception to the attitude. I skipped right over that. Any upvotes that I may have given were for the actual advice given.

Respectfully, the repair (if needed) IS super easy and also low cost. It has been discussed in the thread several times already, and it was answered in cliff notes version again for you as well.

If you put your hackles down and take a breath, I think you would see that the original intention was more of a “don’t worry about that mole hill” type vibe.

At least that’s how I see it upon rereading.

Hope you enjoy your new machine.

#4020 11 months ago

After coming into the fanboy club and looking for some answers on a possible purchase of Ultraman. Like I said I had a lot of good things to say and concerns. One pinsider responded with an attitude . And yet again ,with none of my questions answered. And then I was swore at. And then I see he gets upvotes for that behavior. Some were helpful here. I did a 180 and bought a Zeppelin. I would hate to think about coming back with additional questions, and help.

Hey man, hope you find happiness with LZ. Life’s too short to be upset over a pin thread

#4021 11 months ago

Servos? Its super easy to replace, dont be so sensitive. Enjoy Zep lol.

#4022 11 months ago

You got answers twice.

Cry More.

#4023 11 months ago

I did a 180 and bought a Zeppelin.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#4024 11 months ago

one other question, sometimes add issue with the shooter lane, the ball is ejected then come back with the other ball

Go into Coil Settings > Trough, default is 18, but if it is coming out too hard and bouncing back in, try turning it down (just one notch at a time and retest). I have mine on 15 and it's perfect.

#4025 11 months ago

Hey-o! Just wanna follow this thread…loooooved playing UM on location, brilliant/unique layout. Hoping to own one some day. Soon to be a Scooby owner (first NIB)…thanks!

#4026 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Hey-o! Just wanna follow this thread…loooooved playing UM on location, brilliant/unique layout. Hoping to own one some day. Soon to be a Scooby owner (first NIB)…thanks!

Pick an UM up while the price is depressed. I’m an UM owner, so maybe my opinion is tainted, but UM is a lot of game for the current prices being listed. Code isn’t perfect, but it should sell for more than Austin Powers!

#4027 11 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Pick an UM up while the price is depressed. I’m an UM owner, so maybe my opinion is tainted, but UM is a lot of game for the current prices being listed. Code isn’t perfect, but it should sell for more than Austin Powers!

Yeah, baby!

#4028 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Go into Coil Settings > Trough, default is 18, but if it is coming out too hard and bouncing back in, try turning it down (just one notch at a time and retest). I have mine on 15 and it's perfect.

Thanks Matt m4tt , i try that tonight

Hi @blackbelt,

Scooby is an excellent choice ! Congrats !!! If you Have 6000 dollars extra , take an um like the price is very low in usa now !!

In france, price for one um ce is 13000 - 13500 euros nib !

Have à good day

Added 11 months ago:

Try tonight, it works perfectly at 15 ! Well i m so happy

Thanks again Matt !
I should take every settings of your coil for perfect play

#4029 11 months ago

Is today the day for new code?!?!

#4030 11 months ago

I finally got an Ultraman! Last week was insane. Ended up going from zero to two Spooky pins. Had to say goodbye to Judge Dredd and Turtles Pro, but no regrets so far.

I just swapped out the coin battery on my R&M. My Ultraman has a different style, with a terminal and heat-shrink tubing. Before I mess with the battery, is it glued to the board (in pic)? Do I just unplug terminal, pull battery from assumed adhesive, and replace with new tubing?

Thanks everyone!

20230513_200139 (resized).jpg20230513_200139 (resized).jpg20230519_115729 (resized).jpg20230519_115729 (resized).jpg
#4031 11 months ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

Is today the day for new code?!?!

I was wondering and hoping the same thing. Wife and I just played a couple games. She just broke 30mil for the first time.

#4032 11 months ago

I heard a rumor it was new code day....

#4033 11 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I heard a rumor it was new code day....

Please be true

#4034 11 months ago

I have over 1000 plays on my game and I wipe the playfield off with a microfiber cloth regularly. The subways are starting to look dirty so I will remove them to clean them out. How do you clean the orbit shots. Do I need to remove the upper playfield. Has anyone ever removed the upper playfield? If so how difficult is it?

#4035 11 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I have over 1000 plays on my game and I wipe the playfield off with a microfiber cloth regularly. The subways are starting to look dirty so I will remove them to clean them out. How do you clean the orbit shots. Do I need to remove the upper playfield. Has anyone ever removed the upper playfield? If so how difficult is it?

I heard removing upper playfields are a nightmare.

#4036 11 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

How do you clean the orbit shots. Do I need to remove the upper playfield. Has anyone ever removed the upper playfield? If so how difficult is it?

Buy these off of Amazon. The larger ones are great for cleaning orbits.

CC17ACC0-7200-4F5D-86BC-8C777F2E9B88 (resized).pngCC17ACC0-7200-4F5D-86BC-8C777F2E9B88 (resized).png
#4037 11 months ago

Saw the new code for UM today and it was looking very very nice! Shouldn't be long now!

#4038 11 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Buy these off of Amazon. The larger ones are great for cleaning orbits.
[quoted image]

Looks painful.

I use a cloth wrapped around a long flat blade screwdriver. Spray your Simple Green on the cloth, go to town. Gets under all the ramps and mini playfields on any game. Use a clean cloth to wipe off.

rd

#4039 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Saw the new code for UM today and it was looking very very nice! Shouldn't be long now!

Luke, nice to meet you at Allentown.

That said, Matt is awesome and is no doubt talented and committed and working his balls off...

HOWEVER

We really, really need smaller code updates more often.

That it.

Really, really, really for true.

The psychology of people is really affected by waiting waiting waiting.

I did Software QA for 8 years.

It makes a huge difference in how you are perceived.

That's my thoughts on it.

Had a great game on UM tonight - put up my best Grand Champion score of 77 Million.

Really a good time.

The background song during Pigmon Multiball still blows - can barely hear it.

It harshes my good time, man.

Peace,

RussMyers

#4040 11 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

We really, really need smaller code updates more often.

Meh…I disagree.

Just keep up the investment into the game code and improvements and release them when ready. Do what’s most efficient for the business and what makes the most sense to make the most progress in the shortest amount of time. Who knows, releasing multiple small updates more often could take 3x as long because every release is…well…a public release.

#4041 11 months ago

One of the best things ever was Lyman putting out EHoH code every month. It could be a small update or a massive one. It was so much fun and exciting to follow along with the additions every single month. It gave us something to look forward to.

It's a shame the updates for UM have been so few and far between.

I'm saying goodbye to my UM tomorrow. I hope the new owner gets to update soon.

#4042 11 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

One of the best things ever was Lyman putting out EHoH code every month. It could be a small update or a massive one. It was so much fun and exciting to follow along with the additions every single month. It gave us something to look forward to.
It's a shame the updates for UM have been so few and far between.
I'm saying goodbye to my UM tomorrow. I hope the new owner gets to update soon.

Totally agree - Lyman should be the gold standard.

#4043 11 months ago

New code any day now? I guess I picked a good time to get an UM, I’m psyched!

#4044 11 months ago
Quoted from EMDude:

New code any day now? I guess I picked a good time to get an UM, I’m psyched!

If you payed half of MSRP, it's a great time to get in!

#4045 10 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Totally agree - Lyman should be the gold standard.

Lyman is the gold standard.

#4046 10 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Lyman is the gold standard.

Losing him was such a huge blow to the community.

#4047 10 months ago

Well, I got the ramp sticker mods from RussMyers and today I took a little time to give UM a cleaning and install the ramp mods.

As you can see from the attached pictures they look awesome and were super easy to install. Just cleaned the ramps and then peeled the stickers and installed. The choice of backing was well done, I was able to easily adjust them and got this result.

20230527_160614 (resized).jpg20230527_160614 (resized).jpg20230527_160825 (resized).jpg20230527_160825 (resized).jpg20230527_160857 (resized).jpg20230527_160857 (resized).jpg20230527_160909 (resized).jpg20230527_160909 (resized).jpg
#4048 10 months ago

Has anyone else gotten their ball stuck on backside of the 3rd playfield (see red circle with green arrow). It was just after the rollover switch, underneath that plastic. I was trying to shake it loose and ended up tilting. Should have gotten a pic with ball, but I didn't know if ball was purposely locked in place.

20230528_171910 (resized).jpg20230528_171910 (resized).jpg
#4049 10 months ago

Great! I hope you like them.

I have some more coming soon: Drop Target Stickers and maybe the Science Patrol sticker for owners of the BSE and Standard editions.

That being said, this is a first-time for me, and although I had the print shop use their "highest-durability" outdoor-grade coated vinyl material, I don't really know how it will hold up.

My only thought is: (see pic)

The bottom of the decal is overlapping the spring steel flap. (white box)

This may create a hump that the ball wears as it passes over. Maybe.

I would try to keep the bottom edge of the decal just above where the ramp flap stops (red line)

If premature wear becomes and issue for you or anyone, I will be happy to replace decals at cost.

RussM

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Well, I got the ramp sticker mods from RussMyers and today I took a little time to give UM a cleaning and install the ramp mods.
As you can see from the attached pictures they look awesome and were super easy to install. Just cleaned the ramps and then peeled the stickers and installed. The choice of backing was well done, I was able to easily adjust them and got this result.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4050 10 months ago

Ramp stickers look awesome, nice work RM!

Question for anyone who owns both UM and Scooby…is the playfield quality finish/clear on UM the same as Scooby?

Hot damn wow…not sure I’ve seen a nicer quality playfield!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.