(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,146 posts
  • 279 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by BradLinden
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2261 (resized).jpg
IMG_2263 (resized).jpg
IMG_2262 (resized).jpg
20220304_093430 (resized).jpg
448959336_342372832226964_4743204451467189599_n (resized).jpg
IMG_5698 (resized).JPG
IMG_5696 (resized).JPG
IMG_5697 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_0151 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0150 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0152 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0145 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0148 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0146 (resized).JPEG
IMG_5676 (resized).JPG
IMG_0135 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 103.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’m seeing some weird behavior. Game added a second player during my first ball, while still playing ball one on player one if shot out another ball and my next shot registered as a failed skill shot for player two. Never drained my first ball but screen moved to player 2 mid game.
I’ll try again tomorrow.

I've seen this before in the old software (1.08a) to, it seems random when it happens though

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Nah, its a nice little touch to signify when the ball is approaching on your first ball. a subtle reminder, i like it. Amazing how may times you add a flipper change and people think its a bug or broken. I had so many emails about the power drain feature in rfm its unbelievable, lol

I guess not reading any rules manuals etc does contribute to my ignorance

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I've seen this before in the old software (1.08a) to, it seems random when it happens though

Same thing today. Had to reset the game to play it. Game is frozen and no buttons work until powering back on.

Also, when playing a two player game I locked the ball behind the drop target for a Super SKill SHot. It did not eject a ball, and just did a ball search until it released the ball behind the target and killed the players turn.

Also when entering Science Patrol(correct name?) The ball released and immediately drained and there was no ball save although the ball save light was lit. This happened several times. I'm not sure if this is correct or there should be ball save or not. Anyone confirm?

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Will make a note, but please let m4tt or myself know if you find a way to repeat that bug. I just played though it twelve times, clearing the drops and shooting the restart at various times. I couldn't get my game to repeat that error.

I just tried to repeat it and couldn’t…there must be some sequence of events or overlapping event that triggers it…but I can’t remember what else it could have been.

#3805 1 year ago

Same thing today. Had to reset the game to play it. Game is frozen and no buttons work until powering back on.
Also, when playing a two player game I locked the ball behind the drop target for a Super SKill SHot. It did not eject a ball, and just did a ball search until it released the ball behind the target and killed the players turn.
Also when entering Science Patrol(correct name?) The ball released and immediately drained and there was no ball save although the ball save light was lit. This happened several times. I'm not sure if this is correct or there should be ball save or not. Anyone confirm?

Can you send me a PM or email with exactly what is happening. If you are able to repeat it that would be ideal.

Include if the game is automatically adding a second player or if you are in a two player game. The game adding a second player would almost certainly have to be a physical issues with the start button or a lose wire somehow closing that button switch. Maybe check your switch board located close to your tilt bob. I can't think of anything in code that could cause that, but we can triple check.

The other issues seem like they could potentially be related to the ball trough. Can you do me a favor and empty the balls from the game and then go into the stuck switch menu. Make sure none of the trough or jam switches are stuck closed. Next go into the switch test menu and drop a ball in the trough. You should see the switches register in reverse order 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Keep dropping balls in, you'll see all switches register again with one less each time. With all the balls in the trough give the playfield a few slaps. Denounce in code should handle most things, but take note of any that seem to trigger switch hits every hit. Finally, go back to the stuck switch test with the balls in the game. At this point all seven trough switches should be stuck. Working through those steps will help us narrow things down. In your message, please let me know the results.

The ball staying in the target, but not launching a ball is a strange one. Just thinking as I type. What is happening when you complete a super skillshilot is the opto inside that area is looking if the ball has been captured. It gives it time to settle and then does a check. If it does not see the ball it will trigger the drop pulldown coil, lowering the captured ball. If it does see the ball it will trigger a ball eject from the trough. I'll check, but I think that's it. It's either option one or option two. I'll have to give that one a bit more thought.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I just tried to repeat it and couldn’t…there must be some sequence of events or overlapping event that triggers it…but I can’t remember what else it could have been.

Any chance it was after the hurry-up or simply didn't cross the opto in the scoop until the hurry-up expired? On our end we can check the timing of that restart hurry-up. If there is not a grace period, that's something we can add pretty quickly.

#3806 1 year ago

There is no ball save when it empties as “extra ball”. I wish there was because it occasionally drain instantly on me and that sucks.

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There is no ball save when it empties as “extra ball”. I wish there was because it occasionally drain instantly on me and that sucks.

Agreed, something short, only a couple seconds is needed. TMNT has this feature, with adjustable time, for the shot behind the left upper flipper (dojo area) as sometimes the ball can bounce into the left outlane when exiting.

#3808 1 year ago

So. Maybe silly question. I updated my Ultraman to the latest code and the 1st baltan is behaving differently. It doesn't appear to move on it's own, but when I put it in servo test and touch it, it moves to whatever position the servo test is set to. Is that a failure mode for these? Is there something weird with my wiring?

Thanks.

#3809 1 year ago

I've noticed some issues with the new code. I was just playing and the game reset while in the middle of Baltan MB. I was playing yesterday and some monster modes I had not completed showed up as completed. I've also noticed some issues with what seem like overlapping sound effects/sound effects going off at the wrong time. Sorry to not have more details. If anything repeats I'll update.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I drained to one ball during Baltan MB, hit the scoop to restart. At some point during the MB, the scoop lit for Mode Start. When I hit the scoop, the flippers died to allow me to pick my mode...when the mode started, Multiball was just gone.

Quoted from lpeters82:

The other issues seem like they could potentially be related to the ball trough.

His glitch sounds similar to the one I had on 1.09 where I had the Judith ball on the playfield (2 balls in play) but the mode start was enabled and killed the flippers when one ball went into the scoop.

One thing I remember about my glitch was that the game released Judith early, right after loading the 2nd ball into the shooterlane. I figured the eject vibration just knocked the droptarget down and started the 2-ball early, but now I'm wondering if the eject knocked the remaining balls up the trough just enough to trigger the 7th switch, causing the game to 'drain' one ball immediately and releasing Judith (and reverting to single ball play) before it could even launch the 2nd ball?

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

So. Maybe silly question. I updated my Ultraman to the latest code and the 1st baltan is behaving differently. It doesn't appear to move on it's own, but when I put it in servo test and touch it, it moves to whatever position the servo test is set to. Is that a failure mode for these? Is there something weird with my wiring?
Thanks.

That servo May be dying. That is how mine behaved until it finally stopped altogether.

#3812 1 year ago

Per my previous post from Sunday I updated to v1.10 and I only got to play 2 games that day. Last night I finally got the time to play about an hour or so of the new code. I noticed that if I hit the science patrol super skill shot the game will auto fire multiple balls like it's starting a multiball but the game play is still non multiball and I don't believe I should NOT be starting a multiball as I have only locked the one ball. If I light the beta capsule for a quick battle the extra balls in play will drain and I can play out the game as normal. This happened multiple times while playing. Is it possible that I have a stuck switch somewhere causing this issue? If I lock the ball in the science patrol as a non skill shot (hitting it multiple times first) then it only fires a single ball as expected. Issue is only during the super skill shot.

#3813 1 year ago

The ability to stash a ball in the middle playfield during multiball is absolutely genius. I finally had time for a few games yesterday and it adds so much depth to the multiballs with trying to balance the timing of the ball coming back out to try and restash it vs the other ones you are looking to score with. Science patrol shot is great, I think the flow and stacking is great for the shot but maybe too easy to get with the super skill shot? Or maybe too difficult to get without the super skill shot? I am not sure which way I go on it, I just know most of my games I either will plunge correctly so it dead bounces into the shot itself without flipping, or i just ignore it till the next ball since it does take a lot of shots to qualify. Maybe its worth more if its done manually? Again not sure on the best way but the pay off is great once you get to it and how it stacks.

Only bugs I have seen is if I have a long game going sometimes the start button no longer will work for selecting a mode or spacium store selection so I will have to double flip instead. Not game breaking at all but otherwise really solid. Great update and very impressed

#3814 1 year ago

I haven't repeated that "mode start during MB" bug yet, but I just had a really great game....got really far into the Pigmon mode. Super fun. I noticed the guy says "Pigmon!!!!" when the mode starts - was that there in the previous code? In any case, that gives me hope that we'll see more voices from the show incorporated. Even if they just use the Japanese track, that would add a lot more character to the game.

BTW - I need to sell a game to make room for Foo Fighters, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sell LOTR. My collector friends think I'm nuts for not kicking out UM, but it's still fresh & I always have fun playing it...LOTR is legendary, but I've had it for almost 15 years. I wanna stick with UM through the final code! SHUWAAAAATCH!

#3815 1 year ago

So, I hope this does not happen to someone else, but I think the code update fried my game. I have had no switch/coil issues since I got the game. Turned on the game tonight and a ball was stuck in the scoop in the middle playfield during ball search. It popped out when I did a reset. I then started a game and right away hit the super skill shot (science patrol) and when the ball hit the target the game shut down. I turned it back on and smelled something burning and now my lower flippers and at least my upper left flipper are not working.

Someone on the Spooky team - can you PM me to try and help out or should I go through Spooky tech support? I'm out of commission... Thanks!!

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That servo May be dying. That is how mine behaved until it finally stopped altogether.

Yeah. That was it. I replaced the servo and I was back in business. I wanted to check since the servo died exactly when I installed the update. Sort of wish they did a better job with the service loops on these particular cables, but it's probably unfair to compare a pinball machine to the other stuff I normally work on.

This update feels huge. Just the addition of the science patrol multiball made the score math much more interesting to me.

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

Someone on the Spooky team - can you PM me to try and help out or should I go through Spooky tech support? I'm out of commission... Thanks!!

You need to call spooky support. You should not expect them to reach out to you based on a comment posted on a forum.

#3818 1 year ago

No free play in the settings? You have to add credits every time you start the machine with 1.10

#3819 1 year ago

There’s Free Play in the Pricing section.

Any word on all the text display bugs?

#3820 1 year ago

I cant remember if anyone brought this up. Is anyone else's autolaunch really weak after the code update? Changing the power in the settings seems to have little to no effect. I think it was at 18 originally and now it's set to 35 without any changes. Frustrating during multiball when it launches two into the lane and it just keeps firing.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I cant remember if anyone brought this up. Is anyone else's autolaunch really weak after the code update? Changing the power in the settings seems to have little to no effect. I think it was at 18 originally and now it's set to 35 without any changes. Frustrating during multiball when it launches two into the lane and it just keeps firing.

It’s a little weaker, but still kicks it out around the bend on mine.

#3822 1 year ago

Got my vimtoman scoop hood installed and it's exactly what this scoop needed. And the translucent clear really absorbs the LED strip lights nicely.

20230304_142848(0) (resized).jpg20230304_142848(0) (resized).jpg20230304_142850 (resized).jpg20230304_142850 (resized).jpg
#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Make sure the ball is launching properly. My shooter rod was touching the auto launch. All can be adjusted by moving the shooter rod plate a little.

#3824 1 year ago

SpookyLuke Is there a way to adjust the upper most flipper without having to pull out the playfield? I am trying to tighten up my butt pretzel.

#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

SpookyLuke Is there a way to adjust the upper most flipper without having to pull out the playfield? I am trying to tighten up my butt pretzel.

Here's a way to access that flipper without having to take it off

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Yes. You have to have the playfield in service position and raise the back of the playfield just above the rails and have something to hold it there.

I use pieces of cut pipe foam insulation, but there is also a Playfield Jack that a gut sells here on Pinside.

Just be careful the playfield doesn't slide too far forward since there are no stops on the slides at the lock bar. (I added those to my UM as well)

Here's some pics.

RM

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0346 (resized).JPGIMG_0346 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).jpgIMG_0524 (resized).jpgIMG_0526 (resized).jpgIMG_0526 (resized).jpg
#3827 1 year ago

I pulled mine to far forward as a result of no stops.
dropped the rear of the PF into the bottom of the cab and smashed the main board.

Spooky is working with me to rebuild the board.

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I pulled mine to far forward as a result of no stops.
dropped the rear of the PF into the bottom of the cab and smashed the main board.

Spooky is working with me to rebuild the board.

And exactly that is why they should have stops and why I added them to mine.

RM

#3829 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

And exactly that is why they should have stops and why I added them to mine.
RM

What did you make your stops out of?

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

What did you make your stops out of?

These, plus some bolts and washers and lock nuts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBFD3SH

RM

#3831 1 year ago

I don’t think the ball save is working during the Science Patrol MB. Had it happen twice today where I drained with it blinking and it never kicked a ball out. One time I had just started a mode, the other time nothing else was going on.

#3832 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don’t think the ball save is working during the Science Patrol MB. Had it happen twice today where I drained with it blinking and it never kicked a ball out. One time I had just started a mode, the other time nothing else was going on.

I will also take a close look at this.

RM

#3833 1 year ago

1.10 Code Bug Report - Minor:
My machine is in my office and sometime stays on for days at a time. I've noticed since the update that the Attract Screen display eventually ends up just cycling through the Fawzma Games logo screen. It stops running through the scores, Ultraman content, and tribute screen after some period of time. Possibly freezes the machine as well, as I tried to start a game with no response. Also no response from the flipper buttons. Power cycling reset everything to normal.

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from lawspud:

1.10 Code Bug Report - Minor:
My machine is in my office and sometime stays on for days at a time. I've noticed since the update that the Attract Screen display eventually ends up just cycling through the Fawzma Games logo screen. It stops running through the scores, Ultraman content, and tribute screen after some period of time. Possibly freezes the machine as well, as I tried to start a game with no response. Also no response from the flipper buttons. Power cycling reset everything to normal.

Thanks. We're aware. We suspect ram is filling up. Matt is tracking down the cause.

#3835 1 year ago

I have put 10 or 20 games on since the update and the only issue I’ve had is I had one game reset. I never had any with the old code. it’s good to see if your ball gets stuck in the up lifter it comes up to the play field now when it goes to ball search. I like the new rules and I think it’s a fun game but I still don’t really know what I’m doing after about 40 or 50 games on it.

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I like the new rules and I think it’s a fun game but I still don’t really know what I’m doing after about 40 or 50 games on it.

I don't have any kind of actual scoring strategy, but when I'm playing I'm almost always trying to get to Zetton (a Super Jackpot on all 3 main multiballs), picking up modes along the way (ideally bringing them into the MBs) and hitting a Pigmon (3 modes complete? or maybe just 3 modes started? can't remember). Since the update I'm really trying to prioritize locking a Science Patrol ball before starting Baltan since he's always the toughest Super Jackpot to get, but bringing Science Patrol into any multiball will get some big points quick. I have the modes I try to bring into specific MBs, usually Gamora for Jirah, Zarab for Bemular, and Ragon for Baltan... if I hit a mode without a multiball ready I'll go for something more interesting + lucrative.

I've not put a ton of games on since the update, but I haven't had a single game breaking crash yet. I've ran into a couple bugs, but the absolute worst I've seen was a prematurely ended multiball. Massive, massive improvement from the last generation of code. Finally had a stuck ball and was able to see the right lifter go which was beautiful I know there's still stuff to be improved and everything's not sunshine + roses quite yet but this has been a very encouraging update.

#3837 1 year ago

TY Spooky for the awesome update!

#3838 1 year ago

I still get balls stuck in the right lift every few games. it does now bring it to the play field when it goes to ball search but it’s still annoying. When it gets stuck there and I go into stuck switch test before it goes into ball search, the right lift is shown as active. Does this definitively mean the sensor is seeing the ball? If so what else could it possibly be?

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

These, plus some bolts and washers and lock nuts.
amazon.com link »
RM

Can you show a pic of how you mounted them? I had the same thing happen as well....I'm guessing right into the cabinet side in front of the slide nub?

#3840 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/77#post-7443458

He posted some pics of them on this post, mounted on the end of the service rails

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/77#post-7443458
He posted some pics of them on this post, mounted on the end of the service rails

ok I see it now...I didn't realize those were not factory...I would think something closer to the actual sliding part would be better as I would think this could still be pulled off the rails

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

ok I see it now...I didn't realize those were not factory...I would think something closer to the actual sliding part would be better as I would think this could still be pulled off the rails

Can't pull it off the rails as long as the rubber knob is behind the lockbar.

If you have it lifted over, no way to stop that from happening if you pull too hard and far.

Exact same with Stern playfields.

RM

#3843 1 year ago

What do people think of these?

No one was offering ramp decals for Ultraman, so I had these made.

My kid did the graphic design, and I had them professionally printed on outdoor-grade laminated adhesive-backed vinyl.

PM me if you are interested in a set.

NOTE: these are kind of experimental; never made ramp decals before.

RussMyers

IMG_0775 (resized).jpgIMG_0775 (resized).jpgIMG_0766 (resized).JPGIMG_0766 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPG
#3844 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I think they look great! nice work

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes! We need better mods for this phenomenal game. Add me to your list, I'll buy a set.

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

My kid did the graphic design, and I had them professionally printed on outdoor-grade laminated adhesive-backed vinyl.
RussMyers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think these look great, but I prefer bare stainless ramps.

Any chance you want to do decals for the spinner and SSSP badge on my standard? Or do you wanna tell me where you got those printed and I could take a stab at it myself.

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I think these look great, but I prefer bare stainless ramps.
Any chance you want to do decals for the spinner and SSSP badge on my standard? Or do you wanna tell me where you got those printed and I could take a stab at it myself.

I might work on those.

Thinking of some drop target decals as well.

RussM

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yes! We need better mods for this phenomenal game. Add me to your list, I'll buy a set.

PM me about it.

RM

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussMyers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are awesome. Some serious talent your son/daughter has there. nice one! Please tell them they are great!

Ill pm you for a set

#3850 1 year ago

Drop target decals would be sweet too Russ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,000 (OBO)
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Charlotte, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.