(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 100.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Well said. No owners have been waiting this long for "cleaned up" code. I want a literal game changer.
I wish there were Big Lebowski's out in public, as what they did in their code update was a masterclass. They took all the basic gameplay elements and combined them into a coherent and meaningful whole. Each shot having meaning, each mode tying to the next, stackable modes, character rewards once objectives were accomplished... That's what I am hoping for. Take all the pieces of this game and give them purpose and tie them together.

I agree that the code needs development, and that it’s taking too long, but think the expectations, or need, for an “overhaul” / “game changer” are going overboard. Overall, the criticism of this game seems to have gotten completely out of whack.

There are already numerous, different, challenging modes, with some good ties-ins to the characters. Several fun multiballs. Some great videos, sounds and moments. And overall fantastic theme integration for Ultraman fans.

The game is certainly different and not for everybody but they only made 500. They need to improve code/integration for the upper playfields that take up a lot of real estate, but that’s partly because they are so mechanically good.

Personally, I’d rather have a smooth shooting, unique game like Ultraman that still needs code development then some of the highly rated clunkfests out there or code messes like GnR. Ultraman just highlights the different priorities people place on machines.

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Personally, I’d rather have a smooth shooting, unique game like Ultraman that still needs code development then some of the highly rated clunkfests out there or code messes like GnR.

And some people just want a pinball machine that works.

#3653 1 year ago

How about some apron cards?

UM cards.pdfUM cards.pdf
#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How about some apron cards?

Nice, you gonna be selling nice prints of these? Or should I take it to the FedEx store?

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Nice, you gonna be selling nice prints of these? Or should I take it to the FedEx store?

I wasn't planning on selling them. Do you have a printer and photo paper?

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I take files like this to the local FedEx print center, print out on quality paper; they have a precision cutter to cut them out, then use the self-service laminator, then trim again.

Costs maybe 5 or 6 bucks.

RM

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I take files like this to the local FedEx print center, print out on quality paper; they have a precision cutter to cut them out, then use the self-service laminator, then trim again.

Costs maybe 5 or 6 bucks

This is my plan too.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I took an hour of my time today trying to make my printer do this job correctly and got close but no cigar. O well. I might shift the plan to do as you do.

#3659 1 year ago

I know there are some bugs but I’ve really been enjoying Ultraman, looking forward to the updates whenever they get here!

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

I took an hour of my time today trying to make my printer do this job correctly and got close but no cigar. O well. I might shift the plan to do as you do.

You shouldn't change any scaling, or scale to "original" or 100%, whichever one your printer software says. I can't recall off top. They are sized correctly.

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I know there are some bugs but I’ve really been enjoying Ultraman, looking forward to the updates whenever they get here!

I just told my wife yesterday as she was playing it, which she rarely does, that it's grown on me as I continue to play it. It's not as frantic as a lot of my other games, but it's a nice change of pace. I enjoy the fact that you have to actually pick your shots during MB and a lot of other modes, vs hitting any and all shots in almost every Stern/JJP game. That's fun and all but gets old after a while.

#3662 1 year ago

Yeah and I still think the super jackpot crossing ramp upper upper playfield shot feels super rewarding to collect

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah and I still think the super jackpot crossing ramp upper upper playfield shot feels super rewarding to collect

Everyone in my house knows every time I get across that bridge. I think it might be my favorite most satisfying shot in pinball. I start Baltan way more than I should just to get the chance to go across.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Everyone in my house knows every time I get across that bridge. I think it might be my favorite most satisfying shot in pinball. I start Baltan way more than I should just to get the chance to go across.

*Jirahs

Fun fact, the Jirahs suit body is from the Godzilla suit used in Mothra vs. Godzilla and Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. The head is from the Godzilla suit from Invasion of Astro-Monster and Ebirah, Horror of the Deep.

#3665 1 year ago

6 months since the last Ultraman code update, hope a new update comes soon.

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

6 months since the last Ultraman code update, hope a new update comes soon.

That's what everyone in here hopes, but the last we heard there was gonna be another bug-squashing update for Halloween before anything comes to Ultraman, so I think we've got a looooong ways to go yet. Nothing to do but chill and play something else.

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

That's what everyone in here hopes, but the last we heard there was gonna be another bug-squashing update for Halloween before anything comes to Ultraman, so I think we've got a looooong ways to go yet. Nothing to do but chill and play something else.

That doesn't sound accurate. We've called in the Science Patrol for an assist.

pinside (resized).PNGpinside (resized).PNG

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Nothing to do but chill and play something else

LoL, that makes no sense, UM is a blast to play, I turn that one on more than any of my other games these days.

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

Does spooky have the rights to the English dubbed audio in the episodes?

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

Hell yeah

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

LoL, that makes no sense, UM is a blast to play, I turn that one on more than any of my other games these days.

I've aired my frustrations enough in here, but just want to say I do really enjoy the game when it's working and I'm looking forward to the next update (apparently coming sooner than I thought )

#3671 1 year ago

I am looking forward to the next code update as well, but I would much rather Spooky take their time and do it right. What good is an update if it’s buggy.

#3672 1 year ago

Totally out of left field and I'd imagine not possible from a licensing perspective, but it would be pretty cool to incorporate a marvel crossover as a standalone mode. I never knew these existed. https://hypebeast.com/2022/7/ultraman-crossover-with-marvel-comics

#3673 1 year ago

I framed this on my wall next to Ultraman.

173FCAAE-F196-4AD4-A79C-F5B11ED18D8B (resized).jpeg173FCAAE-F196-4AD4-A79C-F5B11ED18D8B (resized).jpeg

#3674 1 year ago

Is today the day??

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

Is today the day??

For what?

#3676 1 year ago

Code update.

#3678 1 year ago

New coder already said a small update for HW is first and then moving on to UM. If you own UM you have to be into it for the long game now, nothings going to be quick and hopefully that means quality from here on out.

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

Is today the day??

Magic Eightball says: DOUBTFUL

#3680 1 year ago

Potentially, could go either way really.

#3681 1 year ago
ADCF8334-3AB1-48A1-9049-FF41414CB930.gifADCF8334-3AB1-48A1-9049-FF41414CB930.gif
#3682 1 year ago

We deserve to be looked after with good updates to finish the game after sticking this out what with all the crap that has been said about the games.
We can only hope, fingers crossed. Glad I’m not a really old timer!

#3683 1 year ago

I had to remove the upper playfields and now I can’t figure out how they go back together. Does anyone have pics/diagrams on connections and screw locations? I feel like there were more than 2 screws in the second one but maybe not

Yes, I know I should have taken more pics than 2 lol

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

RM

Quoted from Happy81724:

I had to remove the upper playfields and now I can’t figure out how they go back together. Does anyone have pics/diagrams on connections and screw locations? I feel like there were more than 2 screws in the second one but maybe not

Would you mind taking and posting some pics on this process as you go?

Might help other owners if they want to do the same.

RM

#3685 1 year ago

Would you mind taking and posting some pics on this process as you go?
Might help other owners if they want to do the same.
RM

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We deserve to be looked after with good updates to finish the game after sticking this out what with all the crap that has been said about the games.
We can only hope, fingers crossed. Glad I’m not a really old timer!

It sounds like new code should be soon, so hopefully it pleases some folks and shows promise for the future

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes! I took notes and photos when I did this, I was going to write up a some nice instructions but have been a bit busy.

Rather than make you wait, I'll just chuck up the handwritten notes here with some quickly annotated photos, that should hopefully get you most of the way. Please anyone let me know if I've missed any arrows or steps and I'll edit.

messy notes:
middle PF notes (resized).pngmiddle PF notes (resized).png

upper playfield first:
upper playfield (resized).pngupper playfield (resized).png

beta capsule screw and unplug wire:
beta capsule screw (resized).jpgbeta capsule screw (resized).jpg

take off middle playfield:
middle PF (resized).jpgmiddle PF (resized).jpg

==========

reverse order to put it all back together

==========

Here's holding the middle playfield up with a towel under it and a bungee cord attached to the ceiling:
2023-01-18 12.01.17 (resized).jpg2023-01-18 12.01.17 (resized).jpg

Moving the light that got damaged and stopped the other middle playfield lights working:
move middle playfield light (resized).jpgmove middle playfield light (resized).jpg

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Yes! I took notes and photos when I did this, I was going to write up a some nice instructions but have been a bit busy.
Rather than make you wait, I'll just chuck up the handwritten notes here with some quickly annotated photos, that should hopefully get you most of the way. Please anyone let me know if I've missed any arrows or steps and I'll edit.
messy notes:
[quoted image]
upper playfield first:
[quoted image]
beta capsule screw and unplug wire:
[quoted image]
take off middle playfield:
[quoted image]
reverse order to put it all back together

Huge help! I missed the ramp flap and the back screw on the middle playfield. The only thing you missed on top is the back spring of the upper playfield you need to remove the nut to get it off. So both springs need to be released to take it off. Also, I don’t have a big black screw. I have a long metal one but I feel like it will make a hole in the middle playfield. Where does it go?

Now, do you have anything on the hook ups underneath?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3689 1 year ago

I hope you guys are ready! We've got some gameplay here for you showing off the 1.10 Code Update that will be dropping very soon Enjoy!

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

I hope you guys are ready! We've got some gameplay here for you showing off the 1.10 Code Update that will be dropping very soon Enjoy!

Please put the end of ball light show back in before releasing this code. The 3D red/blue effects that sync with the music was perfect. Shocking to see that removed. I won’t update if that’s gone.

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please put the end of ball light show back in before releasing this code. The 3D red/blue effects that sync with the music was perfect. Shocking to see that removed. I won’t update if that’s gone.

We'll make sure it's there!

#3692 1 year ago

Thumbdrive in hand....thank you...

#3693 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

We'll make sure it's there!

Yay!!!

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have a long metal one but I feel like it will make a hole in the middle playfield. Where does it go?

Just under the middle playfield flipper (a bit to the left and under of where the flipper pivots)

Quoted from Happy81724:

Now, do you have anything on the hook ups underneath?

You want pics of underneath middle playfield for fixing that light? I'll add a couple to my other post so it's all in one place.

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Just under the middle playfield flipper (a bit to the left and under of where the flipper pivots)

Ok, I have one there. Where does the big black screw go to? There is no hole in the second playfield

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

You want pics of underneath middle playfield for fixing that light? I'll add a couple to my other post so it's all in one place.

I’m trying to find these connectors. They appear to be connected with the switch for the second playfield drop from the main playfield. Are they not used? I think I’ve found all others from upper playfields to the boards under main

BE5A63B2-4C6E-4560-93D6-2430F01E5E89 (resized).jpegBE5A63B2-4C6E-4560-93D6-2430F01E5E89 (resized).jpeg
#3697 1 year ago

Just a guess out of context, but that red connector should go to the drop target for the Science Patrol and the other two look like LED connectors

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Just a guess out of context, but that red connector should go to the drop target for the Science Patrol and the other two look like LED connectors

Yeah, I was thinking they go up to the second playfield but i don’t see a spot.

I also have this servo 2 with no home

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3699 1 year ago

Actually looking at mine, it looks like it goes to the drop target for Jirahs on the third playfield

20230219_175406 (resized).jpg20230219_175406 (resized).jpg
#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Actually looking at mine, it looks like it goes to the drop target for Jirahs on the third playfield

Thanks! Got it. Down to the servo 2 and then one led connector. It doesn’t have much length so has to be to the second playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/74?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.