(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,943 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Slogan1111
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7134 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0160 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240311_203219737 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 99.
#3601 1 year ago

Changed out the scoop deflector with the one suggested by MT45. Played a couple games and it's a night and day difference. This deflector does take a bit of modification outlined in MT45's post and I did end up removing the subway to get to the nuts underneath the playfield, but it was worth it. Subway needed to be cleaned anyway. I'll remove and clean the other subway in a day or two.

IMG_20230120_181339689 (resized).jpgIMG_20230120_181339689 (resized).jpg
#3602 1 year ago

As we get closer to the next update (thanks for your patience) I thought I'd do a quick behind-the-scenes post. I'm hoping to do a few more of these as the updates are released over the coming months, feel free to ask questions, and I'll address in a future post if I can (some things I can't talk about though - I'll do my best).

There's a lot to programming pinball machines, so I thought we'd go into that briefly with this update. What's the process, what tools do we use, and what does the Ultraman code look like from a high level.

First, lets talk about "regular" software development, which often all happens in the one environment. Normally you'd make a change, save, sometimes compile the code, check the result. Repeat. And repeat... Depending on the language and application there are tools to speed this up, and there are lots of clever folks out there continually improving things, sometimes you can even make a change "live" and everything is instant, that's the holy grail of development.

Pinball machines and other hardware devices bring another layer of complexity, in that you can only do so much on your development machine before you need to get it running on the actual hardware to really test it. The whole process isn't as quick and there are a LOT of moving parts and variables in a pinball. For a start, if something isn't working the first question is "is it physically broken, electrically or is the software?!" Oh boy. We have a lot of test cases where the machine is put into a certain state and we can quickly jump to testing something specific. We don't have to play through a real game to get to a multiball for example. After we make more changes we can re-run those tests and make sure we didn't accidentally break something that was working.

So, what's in the Ultraman code? Here's some stats:
- 17,549 individual files in the project, it's about 3.5 GB
- 1,637 files are videos and sounds
- the longest C# code file is currently the Zetton wizard mode at 2871 lines

See below for a photo of my desk, yes, four screens is probably excessive, but you gotta have at least three =). Unity on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, playfield with switches and keyboard shortcuts on the vertical screen on the right, project management and music on the top. Tools used include: Visual Studio (C# code), Unity (engine), Git (version control), Beyond Compare (check and copy things between projects), Trello (project management), Miro (diagrams), Photoshop (images), Shotcut (videos), lots of USB sticks for update files(!)

Hopefully that was of some interest, the next update is really coming along, and we're doing everything we can to get it done and tested and released as soon as possible. We've got a lot of cool improvements in the pipeline too as we all work to make the game as awesome as possible.

Matt
Spooky

matt_desk.jpgmatt_desk.jpg
#3604 1 year ago

Awesome Update. Thanks so much for this.
Really appreciated and makes the wait for the next update a lot easier.

Also it is awesome knowing that another Ultraman Owner is driving this bus, now. Very excited to see what is in store for us!

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

As we get closer to the next update (thanks for your patience) I thought I'd do a quick behind-the-scenes post. I'm hoping to do a few more of these as the updates are released over the coming months, feel free to ask questions, and I'll address in a future post if I can (some things I can't talk about though - I'll do my best).
There's a lot to programming pinball machines, so I thought we'd go into that briefly with this update. What's the process, what tools do we use, and what does the Ultraman code look like from a high level.
First, lets talk about "regular" software development, which often all happens in the one environment. Normally you'd make a change, save, sometimes compile the code, check the result. Repeat. And repeat... Depending on the language and application there are tools to speed this up, and there are lots of clever folks out there continually improving things, sometimes you can even make a change "live" and everything is instant, that's the holy grail of development.
Pinball machines and other hardware devices bring another layer of complexity, in that you can only do so much on your development machine before you need to get it running on the actual hardware to really test it. The whole process isn't as quick and there are a LOT of moving parts and variables in a pinball. For a start, if something isn't working the first question is "is it physically broken, electrically or is the software?!" Oh boy. We have a lot of test cases where the machine is put into a certain state and we can quickly jump to testing something specific. We don't have to play through a real game to get to a multiball for example. After we make more changes we can re-run those tests and make sure we didn't accidentally break something that was working.
See below for a photo of my desk, yes, four screens is probably excessive, but you gotta have at least three =). Unity on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, playfield with switches and keyboard shortcuts on the vertical screen on the right, project management and music on the top. Tools used include: Visual Studio (C# code), Unity (engine), Git (version control), Beyond Compare (check and copy things between projects), Trello (project management), Miro (diagrams), Photoshop (images), Shotcut (videos), lots of USB sticks for update files(!)
Hopefully that was of some interest, the next update is really coming along, and we're doing everything we can to get it done and tested and released as soon as possible. We've got a lot of cool improvements in the pipeline too as we all work to make the game as awesome as possible.
Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

Great post, and glad UltraMan is in good hands!

So, the 96 key… Is it a Kira? Looks nice!

#3606 1 year ago

Super interesting! I appreciate the behind the scenes peek. Grateful for your work and looking forward to the results.

#3607 1 year ago

I've been thinking about the science patrol drop target shot . What if it were incorporated as part of the hurry up when completing a quick battle. There could still be the bonus points shot on a random Baltan and the science patrol could be a single shot ball capture the same as it is when it's the super skill shot. Players would have to decide to take the chance on points or on the ball save/mini multi ball with double scoring. I like when games force you to make a quick decision.

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

Great post and exactly what i was hoping to see now you are on board and working to improve ultraman (and halloween).

What i'd like to know is how many of the comments i made previously are sorted in the next update??. See below for a summary. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------

Things I’d like to see in the next update are:

- monster battling progression save (urgent!)
- better use of the middle playfield when head to headquarters is running and other reasons to shoot for it (eg add a ball if you get the mb going or qualifying a double scoring timer for the mb to once running.. )
- head to headquarters sometimes clashes with a battle mode so that interaction needs improving (especially the upper drop target logic)
- more std use of rgb colours for features like eb orange, lock green, jackpot red and only using green for locks etc as others have said
- bottom drop target deeper/extra rules needed
- rework of the spacious store, currently buggy and slow (The spacium interface is terrible and slow. If you choose an item but you still have >0 points, but less than the min for another award it doesn't auto exit and you still have to move and select exit. I've also had it lock up a few times where you can't select anything. Does that on the monster select to sometimes aswell. Annoying when you are in a good game and end up having to reboot...)
- hold start button to restart game needed
- number of replay/extra ball score levels setting needed and option to use extra balls not replays
- ball save adjustment time needed
- display in attract of current replay/eb levels needed (when on free play)
- same amount of standard settings adjustments as other spooky games (using r&m as an example)

#3610 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

As a software dev for 35+ years, this may be the most interesting post from a pinball company I've read.

#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Great post and exactly what i was hoping to see now you are on board and working to improve ultraman (and halloween).
What i'd like to know is how many of the comments i made previously are sorted in the next update??. See below for a summary. Thanks
Things I’d like to see in the next update are:
- monster battling progression save (urgent!)
- better use of the middle playfield when head to headquarters is running and other reasons to shoot for it (eg add a ball if you get the mb going or qualifying a double scoring timer for the mb to once running.. )
- head to headquarters sometimes clashes with a battle mode so that interaction needs improving (especially the upper drop target logic)
- more std use of rgb colours for features like eb orange, lock green, jackpot red and only using green for locks etc as others have said
- bottom drop target deeper/extra rules needed
- rework of the spacious store, currently buggy and slow (The spacium interface is terrible and slow. If you choose an item but you still have >0 points, but less than the min for another award it doesn't auto exit and you still have to move and select exit. I've also had it lock up a few times where you can't select anything. Does that on the monster select to sometimes aswell. Annoying when you are in a good game and end up having to reboot...)
- hold start button to restart game needed
- number of replay/extra ball score levels setting needed and option to use extra balls not replays
- ball save adjustment time needed
- display in attract of current replay/eb levels needed (when on free play)
- same amount of standard settings adjustments as other spooky games (using r&m as an example)

Agree with Jim, here. Lots of good points.

I also hope there is more speech that we haven't heard yet. Need more directional lines telling the player what to do.

I would also like some sort of tournament mode or at least the option to turn off things like EBs, etc.

There is also a mystery insert on the playfield, yet there are no mystery awards, that I am aware of.

Very happy that you are on board and planning to make this an even better game.

#3612 1 year ago

I’m hoping the video clips go back to their original aspect ratio. In the update with the new U.I., the footage got squished to 1x1 from 4:3, and everyone looks tall and skinny now. I’d prefer they’d be cropped a tad on the sides if the U.I. screen frame can’t be changed.

#3613 1 year ago

Thanks for posting this update! I've been telling everyone I talk to that with software polishing Ultraman is going to be a really unique and super keeper game.

The people I see posting negative stuff about Ultraman either really don't understand pinball very well, haven't actually played the game more than once or twice, or only really give their love to cookie-cutter modern Sterns.

As a fan of many different kinds of games from many different manufacturers, I really appreciate the unusual design and layout of this game. This is a pinball design I doubt any other manufacturer today would dare to make. Besides that, the art on the game is gorgeous and badass.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There is also a mystery insert on the playfield, yet there are no mystery awards, that I am aware of.

That sounds like the ultimate mystery insert - no idea what it does, haha

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Thanks for posting this update! I've been telling everyone I talk to that with software polishing Ultraman is going to be a really unique and super keeper game.
The people I see posting negative stuff about Ultraman either really don't understand pinball very well, haven't actually played the game more than once or twice, or only really give their love to cookie-cutter modern Sterns.
As a fan of many different kinds of games from many different manufacturers, I really appreciate the unusual design and layout of this game. This is a pinball design I doubt any other manufacturer today would dare to make. Besides that, the art on the game is gorgeous and badass.

I've had the game from very very early on and don't think it's out of line for owners to have become discouraged owning this game. There has been so little communication until recently and it felt like we were abandoned. I hope UM becomes something great, and I'm betting on that happening, but the length of time between updates and any information regarding the future of the game whatsoever caused alot of people to worry. That's not to mention the value of the game. These two things directly correlate. I'm hanging on as I want this title to be everything I hope it can be and feel much better having some feedback from the coder in the forums. Until now there hasn't been anything to hinge our hopes on. One really good update can turn that all around.

BTW...I don't own any modern sterns..

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Yep same here, I have been trying to spread the gospel of Ultraman to any who listen. I personally believe the game(and HWN of course) both shoot amazing, satisfying ramps, well done upper playfields and upper playfield strategies that incentivize stashing balls into the scoops for the servo delay. It turns from slowing down the game to being strategy plays for the big upper playfield jackpots that can be highlighted even more with code. That and the art is stunning all around, top 3 art period. All it needs is code and it seems like we are in good hands now for that so I am hype for the future of this one.

Feel free to send more dev info drops its very interesting for all the tech field people we seem to have in these threads.

#3618 1 year ago

Maybe I'm just not good enough to see the issues in this game. I just had my best yet game and it was my third time getting to the ZetonMB (I think that's the name). Scored north of 37mil and it was a blast. Getting the ball across the bridge when in MB is SO satisfying.

20230129_163215 (1) (resized).jpg20230129_163215 (1) (resized).jpg
I also put some kaiju, an Ultraman and a destroyed building on top.
20230129_163622 (resized).jpg20230129_163622 (resized).jpg
20230129_163632 (resized).jpg20230129_163632 (resized).jpg

#3619 1 year ago

Now tell the others and put a sticker on it.

#3620 1 year ago

Honestly, I don'ty get the Insurance thing. You have a receipt and a pinball machine. There is no insurance issue.

I have Insurance on my guitar collection and the Insurance company could care less what the serial #s on the individual guitars are. It's up to me to document them in that way, they could care less.

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have Insurance on my guitar collection and the Insurance company could care less what the serial #s on the individual guitars are.

I have 100+ pinball machines insured - they know not one serial number. Neither do I.

rd

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Honestly, I don'ty get the Insurance thing. You have a receipt and a pinball machine. There is no insurance issue.
I have Insurance on my guitar collection and the Insurance company could care less what the serial #s on the individual guitars are. It's up to me to document them in that way, they could care less.

Glad it works that way for you. Each insurance company is certainly different with what they require from the insured. Mine, since it is an add on to my home insurance policy, unequivocally requires the machine serial number.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Glad it works that way for you. Each insurance company is certainly different with what they require from the insured. Mine, since it is an add on to my home insurance policy, unequivocally requires the machine serial number.

Not sure what machine you received but this is #56.

20230130_105720 (resized).jpg20230130_105720 (resized).jpg
#3624 1 year ago

Send an email to [email protected] and she'll hook you up with something. If you are not the original owner, you may have to let her know who you purchase the game from so she can ID it correctly. I personally bought #5 before working at Spooky and it does have a serial number.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

So, the 96 key… Is it a Kira? Looks nice!

Keen eyes! Yes, it's a metal Kira, very nice keyboard, highly recommend.

Quoted from applejuice:

how many [of these issues will be fixed] in the next update??

You'll be happy to know some of these are in the next update and some will be in the updates to come. We've got a lot of content coming up as well as lot of new menu options and adjustments, lighting/sound/video/timing tweaks, mode stacking tweaks (and fixes) and of course lots of bug squashing. This will be a process, and not everything will be in the next update, but they will be in the updates to come.

I encourage everyone to send me any/all bugs and issues you come across to my email [email protected], we take these really seriously and appreciate everyone who takes the time to let us know what they've found and what the steps were to make it happen. I don't always see posts on pinside or facebook or where ever else, but things reported by email get added to the issue tracker and are high priority.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Keen eyes! Yes, it's a metal Kira, very nice keyboard, highly recommend.

You'll be happy to know some of these are in the next update and some will be in the updates to come. We've got a lot of content coming up as well as lot of new menu options and adjustments, lighting/sound/video/timing tweaks, mode stacking tweaks (and fixes) and of course lots of bug squashing. This will be a process, and not everything will be in the next update, but they will be in the updates to come.
I encourage everyone to send me any/all bugs and issues you come across to my email [email protected], we take these really seriously and appreciate everyone who takes the time to let us know what they've found and what the steps were to make it happen. I don't always see posts on pinside or facebook or where ever else, but things reported by email get added to the issue tracker and are high priority.

Great thanks for this. I can certainly send anything I find with the new update via email no problem

1 week later
#3627 1 year ago

Maybe a good Mode for Scooby would be 'The Mystery of the Missing Code Updates'?

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe a good Mode for Scooby would be 'The Mystery of the Missing Code Updates'?

If it wasn’t for those meddling coding bugs.

#3629 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:Maybe a good Mode for Scooby would be 'The Mystery of the Missing Code Updates'?

That's the crazy part for me. I think originally we were supposed to get an update before Halloween (October, not the game, although that is true as well)? Now it's been an additional four months and although we know some background as to the why it's taken so long, the wait has only increased my expectations from this code release. If it's just a generic code/text/bug squashing event, it'll be extremely disappointing. We need a literal game changer for UM.

#3630 1 year ago

6 months since an update… I thought at worst we would have an update by Xmas. Once it’s bought and paid for, good luck we’re screwed. No focus on Ultraman at all.

No ultra brothers mode and the game hangs if you beat all the kaiju or go to the spacium shop more than 3-4 times.

Restart a game and the ball will eventually get stuck in the scoop, only a power cycle fixes it. Why even turn the machine on.

Same thing with Rick and Morty …there was supposed to me more content, but then nothing.

As time goes by, it’s easier for them to forget about it. The game most in need of help and the customer base most in need of help gets none.

I learned my lesson on the last 2 games that’s why I didn’t buy a Scooby.

#3631 1 year ago

Obviously we're behind where we wanted to be, but Matt is cleaning up code on Ultraman. If you find bugs that are repeatable, for sure send him an email as noted from a few posts above.

#3632 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Obviously we're behind where we wanted to be, but Matt is cleaning up code on Ultraman. If you find bugs that are repeatable, for sure send him an email as noted from a few posts above.

I think I speak for a lot of Ultraman owners in that,

1. We understand that losing Fawzma as lead coder has set code advancement back quite a bit; can't be helped
2. Matt has had a huge task set for him to bring UM/HWN code up to date, but he sounds like the person for the job
3. It really has been a long time since UM has seen any code updates at all, and that is really very frustrating and disappointing for us, but we are hanging in there.
4. After the (hopefully soon) major update, my opinion is it would be best to have regular shorter-term updates that fix and add fewer things, but happen more often. That is what most of us expect from good support.

Especially psychologically, small updates every 60 days or so (a very reachable and reasonable time frame) would be much more welcome than a major update that takes six months

Just my 2 cents, which is not worth much I suppose.

RussMyers

#3633 1 year ago

I do hope you guys get your code soon. But do agree smaller regular updates would be great after they finally get the UM code out and both Halloween and UM are at a level of parity they are comfortable with.

#3634 1 year ago

I still have a problem where the ball occasionally gets stuck after going in the scoop and does not come back up to the playfield. When it goes to ball search, the servo motor does not activate. If your ball gets stuck in the scoop does the servo motor activate in your machine? Do you guys think this is a software problem?

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It would be best to have regular shorter-term updates that fix and add fewer things, but happen more often. That is what most of us expect from good support.

That's the plan, smaller more frequent updates. Well, at least the more frequent part.

Quoted from Don44:

I still have a problem where the ball occasionally gets stuck after going in the scoop and does not come back up to the playfield. When it goes to ball search, the servo motor does not activate. If your ball gets stuck in the scoop does the servo motor activate in your machine? Do you guys think this is a software problem?

Right now there is a known bug where the right lifter is not part of the ball search. As to why it's not lifting in the first place, I would suspect that's an issue with your machine. I would start by checking the optos in the subway. In the game's switch menu, drop a ball into the scoop and see which optos are triggering. You should see one at the scoop and one where the ball comes to rest on top of the lifter. With the lifter down that final switch should remain engaged.

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Not sure what machine you received but this is #56.
[quoted image]

INDOOR USE ONLY???
*flips camping table*

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

There have been quite a few of us that had to move our optos in the subway. Myself being one of them. I was told they didn't need to perfectly line up, but one I moved both sides so there was a clean line of sight, I haven't had that problem since.

It's an easy fix. Hopefully your issue is that simple as well.

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Right now there is a known bug where the right lifter is not part of the ball search. As to why it's not lifting in the first place, I would suspect that's an issue with your machine. I would start by checking the optos in the subway. In the game's switch menu, drop a ball into the scoop and see which optos are triggering. You should see one at the scoop and one where the ball comes to rest on top of the lifter. With the lifter down that final switch should remain engaged.

It shows the ball being there in stuck switch when this happens so its not the opto and I changed out the servo

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

3. It really has been a long time since UM has seen any code updates at all, and that is really very frustrating and disappointing for us, but we are hanging in there.

It 'helps' that we'd all take a 2+ grand hit if we sold our games, not really a great option except for patience at this point.

Quoted from Izzy24:

Restart a game and the ball will eventually get stuck in the scoop, only a power cycle fixes it. Why even turn the machine on.

Quoted from Don44:

It shows the ball being there in stuck switch when this happens so its not the opto

Same experience here. Turned my machine on for the first time in a couple weeks recently, 2nd game I lost a ball in the right subway... didn't touch anything, went into the menus and the opto sees the ball there. I'll try realigning the optos again and see if it makes a difference, but it's frustrating to try and make hardware adjustments when you can't trust the code to function at a very basic level.

I'm wondering if we'll hit the 2 year anniversary without a functioning ball search.

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

1. We understand that losing Fawzma as lead coder has set code advancement back quite a bit; can't be helped
2. Matt has had a huge task set for him to bring UM/HWN code up to date, but he sounds like the person for the job
4. After the (hopefully soon) major update, my opinion is it would be best to have regular shorter-term updates that fix and add fewer things, but happen more often. That is what most of us expect from good support.
Especially psychologically, small updates every 60 days or so (a very reachable and reasonable time frame) would be much more welcome than a major update that takes six months
Just my 2 cents, which is not worth much I suppose.
RussMyers

Pretty much spot on, we are now into second week of Feb 2023!!....

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We were expecting clean code buying the game, that’s not a feature we should be waiting for this long for. That’s what’s so frustrating. The code is not only buggy, it’s lacking. The owners are looking for an overhaul update, not just “clean code.” Even if the code was clean now, it wouldn’t be up to expectations. We’ve been waiting 7 months since the last code release and don’t have clean code OR enhancements.

The game was released for deposits on 7/21. Most all have been waiting since that date to enjoy their machine. I understand that there have been some issues leading to the latency, but there has to be understanding for the owners who are feeling the pain for those issues we are not responsible for.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

We were expecting clean code buying the game, that’s not a feature we should be waiting for this long for. That’s what’s so frustrating. The code is not only buggy, it’s lacking. The owners are looking for an overhaul update, not just “clean code.” Even if the code was clean now, it wouldn’t be up to expectations. We’ve been waiting 7 months since the last code release and don’t have clean code OR enhancements.
The game was released for deposits on 7/21. Most all have been waiting since that date to enjoy their machine. I understand that there have been some issues leading to the latency, but there has to be understanding for the owners who are feeling the pain for those issues we are not responsible for.

Well said. No owners have been waiting this long for "cleaned up" code. I want a literal game changer.

I wish there were Big Lebowski's out in public, as what they did in their code update was a masterclass. They took all the basic gameplay elements and combined them into a coherent and meaningful whole. Each shot having meaning, each mode tying to the next, stackable modes, character rewards once objectives were accomplished... That's what I am hoping for. Take all the pieces of this game and give them purpose and tie them together.

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Well said. No owners have been waiting this long for "cleaned up" code. I want a literal game changer.
I wish there were Big Lebowski's out in public, as what they did in their code update was a masterclass. They took all the basic gameplay elements and combined them into a coherent and meaningful whole. Each shot having meaning, each mode tying to the next, stackable modes, character rewards once objectives were accomplished... That's what I am hoping for. Take all the pieces of this game and give them purpose and tie them together.

Meanwhile, many buyers have waited almost 10 years and still don’t have the TBL they paid for. Spooky got everyone their games.

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I understand. Both Matt and myself bought Ultraman before working at Spooky. We want the same thing as everyone else and are working hard to make it better. All we can do is push forward.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:I understand. Both Matt and myself bought Ultraman before working at Spooky. We want the same thing as everyone else and are working hard to make it better. All we can do is push forward.

I did not know you were that new to the company, Luke. Keep pushing! All the bitching in the world doesn't do a single thing to get code updated, so just ignore it!

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussMyers

"losing Fawzma"? We all think his @ss got canned, right? Like, i'm not exactly torn up that the third rate coder got the boot, and I think Spooky is much better off without him.

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

"losing Fawzma"? We all think his @ss got canned, right? Like, i'm not exactly torn up that the third rate coder got the boot, and I think Spooky is much better off without him.

Look, I try to be circumspect in the way I speak, and if you think any company is going to speak publicly about employee issues, you're high.

Even if you're correct.

RM

#3648 1 year ago

If he was so bad why did he last so long? Hasn’t he been developing for them since Rob Zombie?

I’d really like to know the story behind his exit, especially since that exit screwed my game so hard.

#3649 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If he was so bad why did he last so long? Hasn’t he been developing for them since Rob Zombie?
I’d really like to know the story behind his exit, especially since that exit screwed my game so hard.

He didn't meet the standards that Spooky grew into eventually, they listened to criticism and hired new coders. Your game would be screwed if they just abandoned the code, they made a change and it takes time so an inconvenience is more like it.

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

He didn't meet the standards that Spooky grew into eventually, they listened to criticism and hired new coders. Your game would be screwed if they just abandoned the code, they made a change and it takes time so an inconvenience is more like it.

Whatever happened, hopefully the dude landed on his feet. I can’t even imagine dealing with this kind of semi-public job change; what a nightmare

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 4,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.