(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.
#3351 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Obvious question I know, but do you have enough Spaciium for what you are buying? Also a certain item may be off (like open upper playfield) depending on the mode it may not be available at the time. The extra points or ball save stuff should work at all times if you have enough spacium to purchase.

I tried purchasing items I had enough points for and I was not able to.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I would love to see Mefilas at some point. My FAVORITE Ultraman Kaiju.
RussM
[quoted image]

How about giant Fuji!

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How about giant Fuji!

YES.

#3354 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3355 1 year ago

After checking twip about the Scooby-Doo release, i followed their link to Kaneda SoundCloud, where he had a few free podcasts.
Man, to this day the guy keeps s*****g on UM!
Can't wait to ear what he'll say once he gets his #500

#3356 1 year ago

Some of his points are on point. He did say it would be a 5k machine.

B7B6F433-4107-4C44-8B8C-77C17F7E992C (resized).jpegB7B6F433-4107-4C44-8B8C-77C17F7E992C (resized).jpeg
#3357 1 year ago

I can agree he did a good job destroying the present resale value. Not here to hate on K or start another endless discussion, I just find it weird to do so for a game you have on order and that is far from being bad.
Some people are getting a nice machine for 6k thanks to him...

#3358 1 year ago

If some one has a CE for 5k I’d do it! I’ll get one eventually but 5k would be an instant purchase for a CE

#3359 1 year ago

I am hoping that Scooby brings in some pro-Spooky sentiment that rubs off on UM. I still think it is fun and looks great in a line-up with Zilla.

#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I am hoping that Scooby brings in some pro-Spooky sentiment that rubs off on UM. I still think it is fun and looks great in a line-up with Zilla.

Yeah, I’m in for a Scooby. I have GZ and thought about ultraman next to it. Rick and morty is our fav so want to give ultraman a chance. Halloween is a then me and the kids would not enjoy

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

After checking twip about the Scooby-Doo release, i followed their link to Kaneda SoundCloud, where he had a few free podcasts.
Man, to this day the guy keeps s*****g on UM!
Can't wait to ear what he'll say once he gets his #500

He already got it and sold it i believe.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He already got it and sold it i believe.

He never paid for it or took delivery, he just walked away from his $2k deposit.

#3363 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If some one has a CE for 5k I’d do it! I’ll get one eventually but 5k would be an instant purchase for a CE

Who wants to step up and loose $4,700 on their purchase?

#3364 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Who wants to step up and loose $4,700 on their purchase?

I failed to quote to the post a couple above but I was responding to this one.

Quoted from Vecna:

Some of his points are on point. He did say it would be a 5k machine

I wouldn’t think anyone would. $5900 is a lot different than Kaneda 5k. Still a huge lose though

#3365 1 year ago

I actually purchased the above game from Robotron. He was a really nice dude and I think he gave me a great deal. I love the game so far and the code does not bother me but I haven’t quite figured out the rules just yet.

#3366 1 year ago

Do I have a broken plastic? I keep having balls occasionally get stuck as they roll of the second playfield to the shooter lane. They get caught in the gap between the wood and plastic above the led strip. I only have 150 plays and this has been an ongoing issue since week one. I did not originally notice any broken plastic pieces so I am not sure if this is broken or correct. If a fellow owner could post a picture of this area that would be super helpful. Thanks!!

3FE30C40-197B-4AA1-A575-0B2DB6787CFA (resized).jpeg3FE30C40-197B-4AA1-A575-0B2DB6787CFA (resized).jpeg
#3367 1 year ago

Nothing broken.

If you loosen the screws on that piece, you should be able to move it in to reduce that gap and keep balls from getting stuck there.

Might have to drill a new hole, or open up the hole in the plastic guard to completely eliminate that gap and keep everything square.

#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Do I have a broken plastic? I keep having balls occasionally get stuck as they roll of the second playfield to the shooter lane. They get caught in the gap between the wood and plastic above the led strip. I only have 150 plays and this has been an ongoing issue since week one. I did not originally notice any broken plastic pieces so I am not sure if this is broken or correct. If a fellow owner could post a picture of this area that would be super helpful. Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Yeah, yours might be broken. Looks different than mine. I’ve never had that issue.

4CC678FA-A3D2-427C-BDE4-B014FE27DA4A (resized).jpeg4CC678FA-A3D2-427C-BDE4-B014FE27DA4A (resized).jpeg
#3369 1 year ago

Neither plastic appears broken. The first picture is a newer version with has slightly beefier tabs. If the one is causing ball traps I'd suggest moving it slightly up. Alternatively reducing your game slope might help, but I tend to advocate for setting the slope where you enjoy the gameplay and making adjustments form there.

#3370 1 year ago

My beta capsule broke this evening. Emailed AJ already, I expect he'll email me back tomorrow as he's always been really good about replying. There's a lot of glue in here. How have others gotten the old bulb out?

IMG_20221207_180205101 (resized).jpgIMG_20221207_180205101 (resized).jpgIMG_20221207_180002421 (resized).jpgIMG_20221207_180002421 (resized).jpg
#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

My beta capsule broke this evening. Emailed AJ already, I expect he'll email me back tomorrow as he's always been really good about replying. There's a lot of glue in here. How have others gotten the old bulb out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

They will send you a new complete beta capsule.

#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to me. I am getting a replacement sent. Though i did fix the original as a stop gap by breaking up the original bulb that is glued in there. Takes awhile and you have to be patient to get it out in pieces. Once out you can put another led flasher bulb in.

To stop other capsules breaking like this, more solder needs adding around the can base instead of just 2 dabs.

#3373 1 year ago

The circumstances by which some one sells a game may necessitate a lower price for a quicker sale, either way its no ones business other than the seller and the buyer. The game itself killed its own market. I played the game (the sellers game) and would not even consider it for any price, it was horrible to me.

Quoted from stf_dnx:

I can agree he did a good job destroying the present resale value. Not here to hate on K or start another endless discussion, I just find it weird to do so for a game you have on order and that is far from being bad.
Some people are getting a nice machine for 6k thanks to him...

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The circumstances by which some one sells a game may necessitate a lower price for a quicker sale, either way its no ones business other than the seller and the buyer. The game itself killed its own market. I played the game (the sellers game) and would not even consider it for any price, it was horrible to me.

And that’s why you are NOT in the club. In my opinion this game is great and new code polish will only make it better.

#3375 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Look dude I get it. Ultraman might not be everybody’s cup of tea but variety is the spice of life.
Name a game that’s anything remotely close to this layout.
Admittedly I am biased as I own a couple Spooky titles but once you learn to play the game for what it is it becomes infinitely more fun.

#3376 1 year ago

I have Halloween and enjoy it.

Quoted from DK:

Look dude I get it. Ultraman might not be everybody’s cup of tea but variety is the spice of life.
Name a game that’s anything remotely close to this layout.
Admittedly I am biased as I own a couple Spooky titles but once you learn to play the game for what it is it becomes infinitely more fun.

#3377 1 year ago

I have Halloween and enjoy it.

So... You own a HW, you like it so much you wanted to buy a UM. Same layout, same rules, but after playing, you hated it so much you decided not to buy and to come whining in the Pinside UM owners club?
I must have missed something, I am lost here...

#3378 1 year ago

Me reading the HWN thread:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3379 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Me reading the HWN thread:[quoted image]

Have no fear - the same stuff will be applied to UM next.

rd

#3380 1 year ago

Looks like only Halloween code this month.

A4DD4265-1F2D-4564-A5D1-C985E298AE21 (resized).jpegA4DD4265-1F2D-4564-A5D1-C985E298AE21 (resized).jpeg
#3381 1 year ago

No, the seller is a friend of mine. I was not a potential buyer. I’m not whining, just think it sucked. He did not ruin the market the game ruined its own market. Sorry, just my opinion.

Quoted from stf_dnx:

So... You own a HW, you like it so much you wanted to buy a UM. Same layout, same rules, but after playing, you hated it so much you decided not to buy and to come whining in the Pinside UM owners club?
I must have missed something, I am lost here...

#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No, the seller is a friend of mine. I was not a potential buyer. I’m not whining, just think it sucked. He did not ruin the market the game ruined its own market. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's literally the same exact game besides theme currently... How can you own one and say the other sucks. It's like saying you love Shrek pinball but hate Family Guy pinball when its the exact same game, it just sounds dumb. If you don't like the theme that's fine, I dont care about Halloween at all, but it doesn't change they are essentially the same game.

#3383 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue in the spacium store where this happens? So, I have 4 spacium. I want to choose open headquarters for 3 spacium. It won't select it. I move to outlane save which also costs 3 spacium and it will let me purchase it and takes the spacium away. Perhaps the code thinks it is more than 4 spacium to get open headquarters, but is displaying the wrong cost?

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone have an issue in the spacium store where this happens? So, I have 4 spacium. I want to choose open headquarters for 3 spacium. It won't select it. I move to outlane save which also costs 3 spacium and it will let me purchase it and takes the spacium away. Perhaps the code thinks it is more than 4 spacium to get open headquarters, but is displaying the wrong cost?

Is headquarters already open? Are you in a mode where opening headquarters wouldn’t be available?

#3385 1 year ago

I’m still getting through a few tweaks on my machine, sometimes the bottom right opto in the subway does not detect the ball is there. When the game goes into ball search it does not activate the servo motor so you have to go into servo test to get the ball back. The servo on the left side activates in ball search

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Is headquarters already open? Are you in a mode where opening headquarters wouldn’t be available?

Hmmm, good questions. I'll have to do some glass off testing tonight.

#3387 1 year ago

I thought both extra ball and open HQ didn’t work in the store, and were to be addressed in a future update.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I thought both extra ball and open HQ didn’t work in the store, and were to be addressed in a future update.

Not sure. Haven't been following since I was one of the last games on the line. Only had it since Sunday.

#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I know extra ball does. That's what I usually buy.

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I know extra ball does. That's what I usually buy.

Nice. For some reason, I thought that two items weren’t working properly in the store. Not sure which ones, could also be thinking of Halloween.

#3391 1 year ago

Edit... drunken post.

#3392 1 year ago

Any ideas why the servo does not activate in ball search? it works fine in test mode

#3393 1 year ago

I have a question about code for this, I have a few stern and they are always updating codes and I wonder if it's normally because they are still making pro and premium and still selling the machines, while spooky makes these once and never sells them again , no incentive to update code or make the machine better?
Do they have a history of turning a machine around with a great code update like a stern? I'm really saddened by my ultraman and just don't see then caring much about code with 0 money to ever be made again.

#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

Do they have a history of turning a machine around with a great code update like a stern? I'm really saddened by my ultraman and just don't see then caring much about code with 0 money to ever be made again.

See the LONG history of Rick and Morty pinball. The code has developed extensively since the game started shipping and we got a major feature update less than six months ago while UM/HW were being made. Updates still trickle out for bug fixes and suprise updates. But they didn't slow the updates until it was a complete game.

They have more than once promised an EXTRA full year if updates to UM/HW with HW getting a major update just the other day. UM updates are coming soon, don't give up, Spooky cares about this game at LEAST as much as you and I.

#3395 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

I'm really saddened by my ultraman and just don't see then caring much about code with 0 money to ever be made again.

Code updates will continue for about another year, according to Spooky.

What are you saddened by with your Ultraman? Are you on the most current code? Big improvement from the code it initially shipped with.

As for gameplay, it is always going to be a unique shooter when compared with most fan layout type machines. Frankly, I love the game and am excited to see it polished up and completed. No doubts from my end that we will see that happen.

That said, not all machines are for all people. I could not wait to move my Godzilla pro out and people rave endlessly about that game.

#3396 1 year ago

The things I would like to see with the code are some big fixes with the spacium store. The drop target on the right is pretty much unused.

When I am in a mode the ball gets trapped in the subway until the mode ends and the game does a ball search. This happens while the spacium store is qualified.

#3397 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The drop target on the right is pretty much unused.

I agree with this 100%. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to go for this shot. It's not a safe shot and you have to hit it like 5 times before the lock. I'd like to see this shot used more somehow.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I agree with this 100%. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to go for this shot. It's not a safe shot and you have to hit it like 5 times before the lock. I'd like to see this shot used more somehow.

I am cool with the integration of the shot, so far. As it is, it provides a great risk / reward factor to the skill shot for sure.

I'd like to see it implemented into the Final Shot on a Mode (or two). Maybe one of the roving shots to end a mode and allow it to lock / save if you hit it in time?

Could also add a bonus of sorts (Points or Progress) for right orbit to lock combo (and magnify it for multiple orbits before the lock)?

I don't find it terribly risky to go for the 5 shots and lock. Not safe, mind you...but not impossible either.

I DO like the shot a lot, though and look forward to it making its way into play a bit more.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

To me, that means five shots (with pretty big scores attached) end in an extra ball of sorts. Well worth it. The sad part is that after you use it, it is an absolutely fucking useless feature for the rest of the ball. To code it to reset to five shots would literally take 5 minutes....

#3400 1 year ago

Same layout different game. What can I tell you, I thought it was horrible. Maybe I’m dumb like you suggested.

Quoted from JohnDeere:

It's literally the same exact game besides theme currently... How can you own one and say the other sucks. It's like saying you love Shrek pinball but hate Family Guy pinball when its the exact same game, it just sounds dumb. If you don't like the theme that's fine, I dont care about Halloween at all, but it doesn't change they are essentially the same game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.