(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 101.
#3301 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also , minor thing but found a typo in the replay menu
[quoted image]

I reported that typo to AJ at Spooky about 2 or 3 months ago.

They'll get to it eventually I guess.

RM

#3302 1 year ago

How do you light extra ball normally? The scoop was blinking green and gave me a WTF moment. Collected it and was happy, but have no idea how it came up in the first place.

Also, is there any idea if mode and multiball progress memory in the plan? Would be really nice if you didn’t have to start from scratch on everything but Baltan for modes and multiballs.

Also, part 2. Poor Pigmon. I haven’t watched the episode yet but I can’t help but laughing every (rare) time I get to start his mode. It’s funny, but sad, I think.

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How do you light extra ball normally? The scoop was blinking green and gave me a WTF moment. Collected it and was happy, but have no idea how it came up in the first place.
Also, is there any idea if mode and multiball progress memory in the plan? Would be really nice if you didn’t have to start from scratch on everything but Baltan for modes and multiballs.
Also, part 2. Poor Pigmon. I haven’t watched the episode yet but I can’t help but laughing every (rare) time I get to start his mode. It’s funny, but sad, I think.

I have lit Extra Ball a few times and collected it; have no idea how I qualified it.

We REALLY need an updated and complete Rule Set published for UM/HWN.

Do most people know if you drop the middle target only at the start of a ball, it flashes blue and if you send the ball through the middle again, without hitting either the left or right drops and make the center ramp it activates Double Scoring on Ultraman? Great vid of splitting the Baltan with the energey buzz saw.

RM

#3304 1 year ago

Complete any 2 quick Kaiju battles and the scoop will turn green for an extra ball. Complete 3 quick battles and you'll like the scoop orange for Pigmon multiball.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Complete any 2 quick Kaiju battles and the scoop will turn green for an extra ball. Complete 3 quick battles and you'll like the scoop orange for Pigmon multiball.

This is something that needs polish, then. Orange is the universally accepted EB color. Purple for Gottlieb back in the day, but mostly orange. Green means lock, red means jackpot. If you have the ability to make any light any color, it seems going with the old standbys that we all know is a good idea.

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is something that needs polish, then. Orange is the universally accepted EB color. Purple for Gottlieb back in the day, but mostly orange. Green means lock, red means jackpot. If you have the ability to make any light any color, it seems going with the old standbys that we all know is a good idea.

I’ve had this thought when playing certain modes with green shots - but the lock shots are lit & also green. Visually, that’s sending the player a confusing message when green shots simultaneously mean different things. It’s probably worth going thru all the modes & chnging green to something else across the board (except for locks)

#3307 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve had this thought when playing certain modes with green shots - but the lock shots are lit & also green. Visually, that’s sending the player a confusing message when green shots simultaneously mean different things. It’s probably worth going thru all the modes & chnging green to something else across the board (except for locks)

When you are in a mode and then start a multiball pre-mode (anyone have a good name for this?) I am often very confused. The display is taken over by the multiball instructions which I guess is good for the health bars to be there, but I have no idea what I’m doing in the mode at that point.

Ragon mode shots are pink (they call it purple, but I’m not buying that) so maybe keep the mode shots pink. There are some modes that want you to hit other shots, but not others (no idea what the penalty is, so text for that info would be nice in an update) and currently there is a mixture of red and green. I get that from a real world perspective, but green is “lock” in pinball.

I’ve seen red and orange used for playfield multiplier and yellow, I think, on Walking dead for the inlane shot multiplier. I don’t think we need to be 100% sticking to normal colors, but a little more consistency would be less confusing.

Spacium, the right side drop target lock progress, and the center drop target playfield multiplier all being blue are a little confusing, but I like that the drop target changes to green when your lock is ready.

#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

When you are in a mode and then start a multiball pre-mode (anyone have a good name for this?) I am often very confused. The display is taken over by the multiball instructions which I guess is good for the health bars to be there, but I have no idea what I’m doing in the mode at that point.
Ragon mode shots are pink (they call it purple, but I’m not buying that) so maybe keep the mode shots pink. There are some modes that want you to hit other shots, but not others (no idea what the penalty is, so text for that info would be nice in an update) and currently there is a mixture of red and green. I get that from a real world perspective, but green is “lock” in pinball.
I’ve seen red and orange used for playfield multiplier and yellow, I think, on Walking dead for the inlane shot multiplier. I don’t think we need to be 100% sticking to normal colors, but a little more consistency would be less confusing.
Spacium, the right side drop target lock progress, and the center drop target playfield multiplier all being blue are a little confusing, but I like that the drop target changes to green when your lock is ready.

Yeah, it can be confusing what shots you should be prioritizing when you're stacking modes, multiball-qualifers, and multiballs themselves... I'm getting close to having every mode memorized but that shouldn't be a requirement by any means. I'm also not sure how you know if a mode is going to time out when you've got stuff stacked? Wish there was a playfield display like R+M.

I'm trying to not say too much until the code advances a bit more but it feels like there's a lot of room for improvement. As-is I'm just playing the game for mode-completion (and still really enjoying it) but it's been difficult to try and figure out any kind of strategy for decent scores.

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve had this thought when playing certain modes with green shots - but the lock shots are lit & also green. Visually, that’s sending the player a confusing message when green shots simultaneously mean different things

On the list!

Quoted from desertT1:

and currently there is a mixture of red and green. I get that from a real world perspective, but green is “lock” in pinball.

On the list!

I totally agree with all the above … locks should be green. Other things different colours.

One mode I played like everything was green. Much confuse!

Just a few little changes like these is going to make a big difference IMO.

rd

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

On the list!

On the list!
I totally agree with all the above … locks should be green. Other things different colours.
One mode I played like everything was green. Much confuse!
Just a few little changes like these is going to make a big difference IMO.
rd

Right on Rotordave! It’s really not that far off from where I think they might be going as far as gameplay. Glad to hear feedback is being taken.

#3311 1 year ago

I just joined the club and when I start a game I’m not able to choose my skill shot with the flippers. After I launch a ball and plays one long ball and then has an end of game bonus and game over so I’m confused

#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just joined the club and when I start a game I’m not able to choose my skill shot with the flippers.

Sounds like a switch on the playfield is active … killing the Skillshot.

Check around the playfield for a switch stuck on somewhere.

rd

#3313 1 year ago

There was not any stock switches so I put the latest code on there. I’m not sure what the code was on there. Everything works great now

#3314 1 year ago

Hoping for Christmas code!

#3315 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hoping for Christmas code!

Absolutely! I need a reason to play UM. Excited for whatever changes are coming.

#3316 1 year ago

Christmas miracles do happen. Let’s get that code out before the new year.

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have lit Extra Ball a few times and collected it; have no idea how I qualified it.
We REALLY need an updated and complete Rule Set published for UM/HWN.
Do most people know if you drop the middle target only at the start of a ball, it flashes blue and if you send the ball through the middle again, without hitting either the left or right drops and make the center ramp it activates Double Scoring on Ultraman? Great vid of splitting the Baltan with the energey buzz saw.
RM

It was this shot on the very first "official" Halloween/UM stream from Spooky and I knew I made the right decision on this pin(I have Halloween). Not saying you should have known that and Spooky does need to do better job at describing what we need to do but they're getting there. It really is a brilliant shot.

#3318 1 year ago

My lower right drop target lock does not work most of the time. The drop target works fine and the Opto works in test mode. Anybody had this problem that could help?

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

My lower right drop target lock does not work most of the time. The drop target works fine and the Opto works in test mode. Anybody had this problem that could help?

I have the same problem but could never figure it out. Hopefully someone here has a solution

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

Can you describe exactly how it does not work?

There are two switches in the lock - one set of optos that detect the presence of a ball in the lock, and the standup target at the back of the lock that detect ball hits.

Both of these must work correctly.

There is an additional U-opto switch on the target mech itself that detects whether the target is Up or Down - that must work correctly.

There are two coils - the target reset coil and the target drop coil. Both of those must also work.

Are all of those things working correctly in test?

With the glass off, if you start a game, the target should be down, grab the ball during skill shot mode and toss it in the lock.

Does it detect the ball and pop the target up trapping the ball?

RM

#3321 1 year ago

Thanks Russ, I think I just needed a better understanding of the rules. I didn’t know you had to hit that target during skills shot. The target doesn’t stay up every time but it gives you the second ball if it doesn’t. Probably Just needs a little tweaking

#3322 1 year ago

When I go into the store the start button does not respond to buying things but start button works fine otherwise

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

When I go into the store the start button does not respond to buying things but start button works fine otherwise

Obvious question I know, but do you have enough Spaciium for what you are buying? Also a certain item may be off (like open upper playfield) depending on the mode it may not be available at the time. The extra points or ball save stuff should work at all times if you have enough spacium to purchase.

#3324 1 year ago

My understanding is this:

The Science Patrol Lock is active at the start of every ball during the SKill Shot Mode.

If you get the ball into the lock without hitting anything else, the ball locks in and acts as a Free Ball (secret skill shot); it unlocks and gives you the ball back if you drain.

If you knock it out of the lock yourself, you get a little mini multiball.

During regular gameplay, you can re-activate the Science Patrol Lock again by hitting the back target 5 times:

1-Hayata in Boat
2-Cap
3-Fuji
4-Ido hopping on one foot
5-Arashi with Gun (locks ball)

RM

Quoted from Don44:

Thanks Russ, I think I just needed a better understanding of the rules. I didn’t know you had to hit that target during skills shot. The target doesn’t stay up every time but it gives you the second ball if it doesn’t. Probably Just needs a little tweaking

#3325 1 year ago

Wonder if the Ultraman update will be released December 8th too

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I sure hope so!

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I hope so, but I think UM will be later. But hopefully before Christmas

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was told it was the last digits of your serial number. I have #73 and the last three digits are 073 on my serial number.

It would be nice for Spooky to give the first six machine owners a serial number of some kind. Even if the serial number is TEAMGAME005 or whatever, that would be better than not having one at all. At least I could get collectible insurance on the game like every other game I have. I just don’t understand their logic in ghosting the serial number of the first six machines and they’ve never given any reason whatsoever for doing so.

Anyway, I’m a happy owner, just want a serial number for my game or at least a reason why they didn’t put one in the first six…even if it is a simple “we forgot”.

#3329 1 year ago

Code 9.0 Update Day: Thursday Dec 8th !!!

RM

#3330 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Hell yeah!

Anyone got an Amazon link to a flash drive they've had good luck with? Took a few tries to get one that R+M was happy with, I'd like to just keep a dedicated one per game.

#3331 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

got an Amazon link to a flash drive they've had good luck with

I am just planning to use the one I use in R&M. As long as you wipe the data before you transfer the update files it should be fine.

#3332 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

This is just for Halloween. Luke stated a few weeks ago that Halloween would get an update first and Ultraman would be coming later. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll get an update but nothing has been announced yet.

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

This is just for Halloween. Luke stated a few weeks ago that Halloween would get an update first and Ultraman would be coming later.

^^^^^

This.

rd

#3334 1 year ago
Quoted from alexorear:

This is just for Halloween. Luke stated a few weeks ago that Halloween would get an update first and Ultraman would be coming later. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll get an update but nothing has been announced yet.

Hmmm. I assumed this (9.0) would be a Halloween-focused update, but that Ultraman would also get code updates/bug fixes (but no graphical updates), just like Halloween got updated on Ultraman Day with 8.0/8.0a but the other way around.

Ultraman gets nothing at all on Dec 8th?

RM

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I’m glad to see Spooky will continue to support and develop the code for these two games with Scooby right around the corner. It’ll be an interesting next six months at Spooky.

Are UM and Halloween officially off the line at Spooky? All machines finished?

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Hmmm. I assumed this (9.0) would be a Halloween-focused update, but that Ultraman would also get code updates/bug fixes (but no graphical updates), just like Halloween got updated on Ultraman Day with 8.0/8.0a but the other way around.
Ultraman gets nothing at all on Dec 8th?
RM

Im betting this code drop isnt as complete as they had hoped, but if they announced a new pin, while Halloween owners wait for this code, all hell would have broken loose lol.

#3337 1 year ago

I think this is correct and they are running TNA 2.0 now, and will start running Scooby CEs as soon as the TNAs are done.

RM

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#3338 1 year ago

If this is true, I have huge Boo-boo Lip now.

RM

#3339 1 year ago

People wanting code….waiting for our machine to arrive in New Zealand.

Good things take time.

#3340 1 year ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

People wanting code….waiting for our machine to arrive in New Zealand.
Good things take time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If this is true, I have huge Boo-boo Lip now.
RM

But why though? Nobody ever said UM code was coming.

It’s common knowledge that HW is due now, then UM will follow. Then the same pattern again. The love is shared evenly …

rd

#3342 1 year ago

I just hope they don’t forget about us Ultraman owners. I know they are working on the code for the next year, but these updates are coming few and far between. Game is fun but it’s buggy.

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just hope that don’t forget about us Ultraman owners.

The guy who is doing the coding *owns* an Ultraman machine.

Rest assured - he wants it to be awesome, just like you do.

rd

#3344 1 year ago

Ultraman will not be forgotten. We'll be bouncing between the two for awhile yet. Actually there is a new mode nearly complete. We were able to start that while we were waiting for some Halloween approvals. Once the Halloween code drops we'll be gearing back up for another Ultraman update. Obviously this update has taken longer then expected, but with our new coder getting up to speed we should be back to shorter turnaround between updates very soon. Still lots of goodness to come.

#3345 1 year ago

I'm going to force this spoon scene into the game at some point.

#3346 1 year ago

support for HWN / UM will continue for the next year…so, long after scoob is out.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m glad to see Spooky will continue to support and develop the code for these two games with Scooby right around the corner. It’ll be an interesting next six months at Spooky.

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just hope that don’t forget about us Ultraman owners. I know they are working on the code for the next year, but these updates are coming few and far between. Game is fun but it’s buggy.

I have a very early game and it doesn’t really feel like that much ground has been covered over the year I’ve had the game. I hoped with all the source material available that UM would be miles ahead of HW but it feels the opposite. I know HW is a more desired theme for most and their owners seem genuinely pleased with their game. This isn’t the case with UM unfortunately (just an observation) . HW also doesn’t appear to be suffering the same value loss as UM either.
I actually enjoy the layout of the game and feel that with a ton of polish and massive code updates this game could be really really good. I just hope we get there. Fingers crossed.

#3348 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I actually enjoy the layout of the game and feel that with a ton of polish and massive code updates this game could be really really good

So do I.

rd

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just hope they don’t forget about us Ultraman owners. I know they are working on the code for the next year, but these updates are coming few and far between. Game is fun but it’s buggy.

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm going to force this spoon scene into the game at some point.
[quoted image]

I would love to see Mefilas at some point. My FAVORITE Ultraman Kaiju.

RussM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.