(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 100.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't agree with everything you said, but I agree that hurry-ups are needed. My only hesitation was it feeling like it's stealing from Deadpool, but they really needs that "final blow" to rewards the player for defeating the kaiju. Not shooting shooting the correct shots should also trigger more negative consequences when fighting the Kaiju: building being destroyed, people screaming, scores decreasing, etc. I would also like a more Japanese. Even just some different fonts could go a long way. I mocked this up for Zumbolar.
[quoted image]

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Deadpool wasn't the first nor the last.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixxin:

So for what it is worth, I got to finally play UM this weekend on location. I have one on order in the early 300s and was wanting to figure out if it was really as bad as the current market is making it out to be (short answer is no). I was also fortunate, as I got to play a Godzilla LE and Mando LE back to back with UM. Here are my thoughts for any other UM people that have one on order, but have not been able to play the game yet. Full disclosure, I historically enjoy Spooky games, as I owned a TNA for 2.5 years and currently still own my R&M (great game). With that being said, I have honestly been pretty annoyed at the situation in the past couple months of seeing how "rough" the state of the game is in and the lack of gameplay information I had before I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. I never bought the game to flip, but rather just wanted an enjoyable kaiju-related game with good theme integration similar to R&M or ACNC. For me, this is a make or break moment for Spooky as a customer. If they cannot deliver a really fun and engaging game like TNA or R&M, I simply won't be pre-ordering with them again regardless of future themes due to the speculative nature of it.
Pros: The game is visually stunning. Out of maybe 20 games at the location, it easily was in the top 3 from a looks perspective. The playfield artwork, side blades, and lighting all pop. The LED strips on the upper playfields are not distracting from the player's perspective and add atmosphere to the playfield. I was worried about this, as they are pretty visible on stream. The shots are smooth and pretty satisfying. The layout is unique and feels different in a good way. I was worried about how the upper playfields would feel, but the middle playfield felt good and I always felt like I had shot variety. I think something was wrong with the upper playfield entrance on the game I played, as I never ended up getting to it--lots of rejects from that ramp when I expected to get up there. The music is also excellent--it sets the right mood for the theme.
Cons: The code is super bare bones. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but in current form there is little to no instructions to the player on what to hit, or general strategy throughout the game. I had researched the rules before going to know what to do, but it was still a challenge sometimes. There is no risk versus reward present in the current code or cumulative feeling of progression. There are extremely few callouts and virtually no feedback or audible reward directed to the player. The subway to ball risers are a miss for me. From a positive side, they create very controllable situations to make shots, but they take forever. I think I counted about a 6-7 second delay between hitting the ball into a subway and the release of the ball into the inlane. Instead of creating a positive effect of "where did the ball go", within a few games it created a mini-cringe of "c'mon not again". Honestly, I don't think they can do much to fix it at this point, as it doesn't seem like the R&M staging would work. Finally, very little of the series is effectively integrated into the game in the current code. I didn't notice many show scenes other than UM flipping monsters. There are a ton of funny (intentional or not) parts to the series. These are not currently cultivated.
Summary: As everyone has said, layout cannot be changed, but code can. Playing the game is, at a base level, fun and seems promising. Honestly, I found myself choosing to play UM more games than Godzilla. I went into playing this weekend trying to figure out if I would sell my spot to get a Godzilla. At this point, I intend to keep my UM spot, as I like the theme and the general campy vibe feels good to me. I have faith that Charlie would not let a personal theme fall short from an integration standpoint. With that being said, I have seen a few people say this game isn't that bad where it currently sits code/rules wise. This simply is not true. It is very rough. It needs substantial consideration to incorporate risk versus reward elements, additive progression, and world building. These are fundamental pinball elements that keep players coming back for more. The game also needs MANY more callouts. Reactions to monsters, instructions to the player, and general world-building commentary is needed to be immersive. Right now, it is very sterile outside of the music. The game also has long ball times due to a forgiving layout, controllable shots due to the riser system, and deep shots. I don't mind this, but long playing games need DEEP rulesets. I want to feel like I am going on a journey or get to build an experience that differs slightly each time.
Suggestions: Lean into the time period, Japanese atmosphere, campy and funny nature of the show in the callouts, and consider mini-modes that focus on these elements similar to what Dialed In did with the Crazy Bob modes (lottery, emoji, etc). Since the ball is very controllable, you should consider integration of hurry-ups and mode-completion benefits or shot multipliers to add a sense of urgency, build-up, or importance of completing a task. Beating monsters should feel desirable and distinct between them. Right now, it just feels very rinse and repeat. A mode completion hurry up ala Alice Cooper in one of the left side holes for quick big points seems logical since they are not easy shots. Thought should be given to do something to entertain the player while waiting for the ball to come up in the riser during single ball play so it doesn't feel like wasted time. Maybe some sort of quick flipper controlled mini game like avoiding monster attacks for points, item collection like pizza slices on TMNT, or minor reward like the Indy 500 flip-through awards. Finally, always give me something to do on each of the upper playfields every time I get up there no matter the game state. Specifically, some interesting rule or effect needs to be integrated when hitting the ball into the shooter lane from the middle playfield. This is another stop and go moment in the game. Embrace it through some sort of effect or rule.
Overall, it seems like the Spooky team has indicated there is a lot more to be developed. I am cautiously optimistic and am looking forward to seeing what this game morphs into.

That is a nice honest review...pros / cons....

Maybe I don't have a right to comment because I have not seen it in the wild and was interested in buying one but held off for what I see as something I am not super comfortable with when it comes to Spooky which is all the tweaking everyone must do when their game arrives. I kind of prefer to have someone else work out the bugs and get a mature game but the issue is usually the risk takers have a cheaper game as the pin appreciate in value. I played Godzilla (pro) it was good and certainly a beautiful game and certainly best to date compared to Mandalorian or Led Zeppelin (IMO). But, unlike Rick and Morty where theme can carry the game alone and make someone overlook the tweaking required and maybe some issues, Ultraman is so niche that the game has a much more limited appeal. I love old campy Japanese Godzilla or Ultraman stuff but it is hard to not say the 2 games are going after the exact same buyer and with what Stern produced hard to not say one is more mature and ready to go out of the box.

I get many people will say the tweaks required are small but man just read any Spooky forum on any of their prior games it is nothing but tweaks to improve gameplay. I get it....I tweak, restore, buy, sell games tweaking is no big deal.

#203 2 years ago

Just got my invoice, in no rush but just curious how long it usually takes from Invoice to shipping?

#204 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice. - Guess it should be any week now.

#205 2 years ago

Just paid mine too!

#206 2 years ago

Just paid mine this AM for #90.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixxin:

So for what it is worth, I got to finally play UM this weekend on location. I have one on order in the early 300s and was wanting to figure out if it was really as bad as the current market is making it out to be (short answer is no). I was also fortunate, as I got to play a Godzilla LE and Mando LE back to back with UM. Here are my thoughts for any other UM people that have one on order, but have not been able to play the game yet. Full disclosure, I historically enjoy Spooky games, as I owned a TNA for 2.5 years and currently still own my R&M (great game). With that being said, I have honestly been pretty annoyed at the situation in the past couple months of seeing how "rough" the state of the game is in and the lack of gameplay information I had before I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. I never bought the game to flip, but rather just wanted an enjoyable kaiju-related game with good theme integration similar to R&M or ACNC. For me, this is a make or break moment for Spooky as a customer. If they cannot deliver a really fun and engaging game like TNA or R&M, I simply won't be pre-ordering with them again regardless of future themes due to the speculative nature of it.
Pros: The game is visually stunning. Out of maybe 20 games at the location, it easily was in the top 3 from a looks perspective. The playfield artwork, side blades, and lighting all pop. The LED strips on the upper playfields are not distracting from the player's perspective and add atmosphere to the playfield. I was worried about this, as they are pretty visible on stream. The shots are smooth and pretty satisfying. The layout is unique and feels different in a good way. I was worried about how the upper playfields would feel, but the middle playfield felt good and I always felt like I had shot variety. I think something was wrong with the upper playfield entrance on the game I played, as I never ended up getting to it--lots of rejects from that ramp when I expected to get up there. The music is also excellent--it sets the right mood for the theme.
Cons: The code is super bare bones. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but in current form there is little to no instructions to the player on what to hit, or general strategy throughout the game. I had researched the rules before going to know what to do, but it was still a challenge sometimes. There is no risk versus reward present in the current code or cumulative feeling of progression. There are extremely few callouts and virtually no feedback or audible reward directed to the player. The subway to ball risers are a miss for me. From a positive side, they create very controllable situations to make shots, but they take forever. I think I counted about a 6-7 second delay between hitting the ball into a subway and the release of the ball into the inlane. Instead of creating a positive effect of "where did the ball go", within a few games it created a mini-cringe of "c'mon not again". Honestly, I don't think they can do much to fix it at this point, as it doesn't seem like the R&M staging would work. Finally, very little of the series is effectively integrated into the game in the current code. I didn't notice many show scenes other than UM flipping monsters. There are a ton of funny (intentional or not) parts to the series. These are not currently cultivated.
Summary: As everyone has said, layout cannot be changed, but code can. Playing the game is, at a base level, fun and seems promising. Honestly, I found myself choosing to play UM more games than Godzilla. I went into playing this weekend trying to figure out if I would sell my spot to get a Godzilla. At this point, I intend to keep my UM spot, as I like the theme and the general campy vibe feels good to me. I have faith that Charlie would not let a personal theme fall short from an integration standpoint. With that being said, I have seen a few people say this game isn't that bad where it currently sits code/rules wise. This simply is not true. It is very rough. It needs substantial consideration to incorporate risk versus reward elements, additive progression, and world building. These are fundamental pinball elements that keep players coming back for more. The game also needs MANY more callouts. Reactions to monsters, instructions to the player, and general world-building commentary is needed to be immersive. Right now, it is very sterile outside of the music. The game also has long ball times due to a forgiving layout, controllable shots due to the riser system, and deep shots. I don't mind this, but long playing games need DEEP rulesets. I want to feel like I am going on a journey or get to build an experience that differs slightly each time.
Suggestions: Lean into the time period, Japanese atmosphere, campy and funny nature of the show in the callouts, and consider mini-modes that focus on these elements similar to what Dialed In did with the Crazy Bob modes (lottery, emoji, etc). Since the ball is very controllable, you should consider integration of hurry-ups and mode-completion benefits or shot multipliers to add a sense of urgency, build-up, or importance of completing a task. Beating monsters should feel desirable and distinct between them. Right now, it just feels very rinse and repeat. A mode completion hurry up ala Alice Cooper in one of the left side holes for quick big points seems logical since they are not easy shots. Thought should be given to do something to entertain the player while waiting for the ball to come up in the riser during single ball play so it doesn't feel like wasted time. Maybe some sort of quick flipper controlled mini game like avoiding monster attacks for points, item collection like pizza slices on TMNT, or minor reward like the Indy 500 flip-through awards. Finally, always give me something to do on each of the upper playfields every time I get up there no matter the game state. Specifically, some interesting rule or effect needs to be integrated when hitting the ball into the shooter lane from the middle playfield. This is another stop and go moment in the game. Embrace it through some sort of effect or rule.
Overall, it seems like the Spooky team has indicated there is a lot more to be developed. I am cautiously optimistic and am looking forward to seeing what this game morphs into.

Really good writeup/feedback and this agrees with a lot of what I've been feeling just from streams + gameplay videos. Long playing game combined with a lack of callouts is going to ruin the experience for a lot of people and is probably the main reason we've had so many negative early impressions. Excited to see what they do with the code and hope it gets deep to match the playfield.

LOTR is a long player with almost every shot delivering the ball back to the flippers, but it's still a fan favorite because of the phenomenal callouts + endless objectives to work towards; I could see UM turning out to be a similar classic for kaiju fans.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just paid mine this AM for #90.

Noice, man.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't agree with everything you said, but I agree that hurry-ups are needed. My only hesitation was it feeling like it's stealing from Deadpool, but they really needs that "final blow" to rewards the player for defeating the kaiju. Not shooting shooting the correct shots should also trigger more negative consequences when fighting the Kaiju: building being destroyed, people screaming, scores decreasing, etc. I would also like a more Japanese. Even just some different fonts could go a long way. I mocked this up for Zumbolar.
[quoted image]

I like that font. Another way to add to the environment.

Quoted from wamonkey:

That is a nice honest review...pros / cons....
Maybe I don't have a right to comment because I have not seen it in the wild and was interested in buying one but held off for what I see as something I am not super comfortable with when it comes to Spooky which is all the tweaking everyone must do when their game arrives. I kind of prefer to have someone else work out the bugs and get a mature game but the issue is usually the risk takers have a cheaper game as the pin appreciate in value. I played Godzilla (pro) it was good and certainly a beautiful game and certainly best to date compared to Mandalorian or Led Zeppelin (IMO). But, unlike Rick and Morty where theme can carry the game alone and make someone overlook the tweaking required and maybe some issues, Ultraman is so niche that the game has a much more limited appeal. I love old campy Japanese Godzilla or Ultraman stuff but it is hard to not say the 2 games are going after the exact same buyer and with what Stern produced hard to not say one is more mature and ready to go out of the box.
I get many people will say the tweaks required are small but man just read any Spooky forum on any of their prior games it is nothing but tweaks to improve gameplay. I get it....I tweak, restore, buy, sell games tweaking is no big deal.

I get the hesitancy due to the feedback with R&M. I have spent tons of time tweaking that layout between moving ball guides, magnetic switches, flipper repositioning, etc. It was a headache, but ultimately I got it to be very smooth. I can do up to 8 inner loops in a row on my machine now. Luckily, I didn't notice much that needed tweaking except the feed to the upper playfield on UM. Moreover, my TNA was rock solid the whole time I owned it with no tweaking. I think Spooky truly is getting better at manufacturing.

Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Really good writeup/feedback and this agrees with a lot of what I've been feeling just from streams + gameplay videos. Long playing game combined with a lack of callouts is going to ruin the experience for a lot of people and is probably the main reason we've had so many negative early impressions. Excited to see what they do with the code and hope it gets deep to match the playfield.
LOTR is a long player with almost every shot delivering the ball back to the flippers, but it's still a fan favorite because of the phenomenal callouts + endless objectives to work towards; I could see UM turning out to be a similar classic for kaiju fans.

I agree completely about the comparison you drew to LOTR. What concerns me is that historically Spooky has not put a ton into developing many mini/main wizard modes or ones that are particularly memorable. That is one of my main complaints about R&M is that the wizard mode is just the 10th adventure, which I normally reach a couple times in a 1-2 hour play session. Since this game really feels different than all of their previous games due to the wider shots and smoother layout, I think it warrants a deeper and objective oriented ruleset.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

LOTR is a long player …I could see UM turning out to be a similar classic for kaiju fans.

I played the machine.about a dozen times at shows, and also watched others play, and ball times are nothing like LOTR. It will obviously play easier in the home after learning the shots but still in a different league compared to the journey, or grind depending on your perspective, of LOTR.

Thought the game shot great with some unique but not clunky features. And was plenty fast enough unless you’re a flow monster. I recently picked up STh and Mando and both have similar or longer ball release times.

The game definitely needs video, sound and rules development but the existing game rules and playfield architecture are solid, and no doubt Spooky will finish the job. I’m happy to be about in the middle with #205 - time to correct initial bugs but still get to enjoy the excitement of multiple updates.

Not surprising that some flippers and non-Ultraman fans are bailing, but true fans, and serious players, will be extremely happy with the game IMO.

#211 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the reviews guys! Honest and fair! Going to do our best on this one we really are.

#212 2 years ago

Frankly, I hope that the game doesn't end up like LOTR. I specifically sold LOTR because every game was 30+ minutes long for me, even with the outlanes wide open.

#213 2 years ago

For those of you posting about invoices and timing:
It is roughly a 2-3 weeks from payment to ship date, but I am #56 so the times likely are shorter.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Really enjoyed the reviews guys! Honest and fair! Going to do our best on this one we really are.

Here is lies the difference between Stern and Spooky, yes Sterns are gonna be more polished out of the gate. But, I feel like in the long run Spooky will do their best to make this a good game, where as other games could be abandoned. When you are competing against the big boys, a loyal customer base is what will build on your success.

#215 2 years ago

I am still 100% in on this game and am LE #204. I just really am hoping for dedication to the rules, video presentation, VO and callouts to be improved overtime. Watching some videos it's hard to tell what the rules are and what to shoot for. Looks like Spooky has tons of video footage to be used and am excited to see how it all rolls together. Thanks for keeping at it Spooky and can't wait to see further updates to this excellent theme.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey Luke, any chance you could elaborate on what's in the works? Like are you guys considering making the video larger and/or modified graphics, additional video clips, staging a ball at the lifters, wizard modes, etc? Not asking you to commit, just give us some idea on what might be coming down the pike. Thanks!

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Frankly, I hope that the game doesn't end up like LOTR. I specifically sold LOTR because every game was 30+ minutes long for me, even with the outlanes wide open.

It was the same thing for me with Lord of the Rings. It shoots like butter, but every single shot feeds to the inlanes, so ball times were very long. Ultraman does have quite a few shots that feed to the inlanes, but you also have a traditional orbits and the drop targets are used more then the Balrog. With that said, it does play much longer then any of Spooky's previous titles. There are also some rule similarities: 3-book multiballs vs 3-kaiju multiballs, 6-scene modes vs 6 quick battles, and Gollum multiball vs Science Patrol multiball. I almost talked about those similarities during one of my video reviews of the game, because Lord of the Rings was the first game that came to mind when I started playing Ultraman...which was a huge surprise to me.

Quoted from Sixxin:

I like that font. Another way to add to the environment.

Yeah, I think it could work well in a few different areas. I also like seeing the Japanese text. I can't read it, but it just give me the Ultraman vibe.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey Luke, any chance you could elaborate on what's in the works? Like are you guys considering making the video larger and/or modified graphics, additional video clips, staging a ball at the lifters, wizard modes, etc? Not asking you to commit, just give us some idea on what might be coming down the pike. Thanks!

We have a massive list of things on the agenda to say the least. Just a matter of what gets top priority etc!
Holding off on the flow chart until later when we can really start to deviate from HW. Two wizard modes for sure and we have some neat ideas for a couple mini wizard modes as well. We plan on adding clips throughout the entire length of the coding on UM. Would like to make some of them full screen as well if we can make it look good! We have a TON of callouts for the game to just takes time to get them added in properly. Ball staging is definitely on the list but its not high on the priority list right now as it will take a lot of time and undoubtedly break a lot of things. Scoring is an endless list. Bug testing the next update hard right now. I would say priority #1 is adding assets and fixing bugs right now. Wizard modes will be a major update we are looking to get to as well.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

3-book multiballs vs 3-kaiju multiballs, 6-scene modes vs 6 quick battles, and Gollum multiball vs Science Patrol multiball.

Interesting point. I dunno... LOTR is just....such a slog. There's hardly any randomness to the game at all, really. Mine was exceptionally well playing, to the point that I'd honestly say that I've never played a LOTR since that was as good, but the fact that the modes are always the same shots with no choice but to make those SPECIFIC shots (By comparison to something like GOTG where they light 2 or 3 shots and the order you shoot them in is just personal choice) really makes it feel like a slog after you get good at the game, and when you're just trying to get to Valinor and don't care about score AT ALL. I never did get to Valinor, but I sure did get tired of playing the game.

#220 2 years ago

I sincerely appreciate Spooky chiming in to provide some clarity and reassurance on game progress. I also respect that these things take time.
Unfortunately the more I read, the more I feel additional support for this crew is needed now to simply help them execute their vision.
Looking forward to it!

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a massive list of things on the agenda to say the least. Just a matter of what gets top priority etc!
Holding off on the flow chart until later when we can really start to deviate from HW. Two wizard modes for sure and we have some neat ideas for a couple mini wizard modes as well. We plan on adding clips throughout the entire length of the coding on UM. Would like to make some of them full screen as well if we can make it look good! We have a TON of callouts for the game to just takes time to get them added in properly. Ball staging is definitely on the list but its not high on the priority list right now as it will take a lot of time and undoubtedly break a lot of things. Scoring is an endless list. Bug testing the next update hard right now. I would say priority #1 is adding assets and fixing bugs right now. Wizard modes will be a major update we are looking to get to as well.

Thanks Luke for the additional info, much appreciated!

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:I sincerely appreciate Spooky chiming in to provide some clarity and reassurance on game progress. I also respect that these things take time.
Unfortunately the more I read, the more I feel additional support for this crew is needed to simply help them execute their vision.
Looking forward to it!

Our 2nd in house programmer will go a long ways in the future! Really cool guy who knows pinball and has a ton of creative ideas!

#223 2 years ago

This fella got a name? Is he a secret weapon? Haha

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Our 2nd in house programmer will go a long ways in the future! Really cool guy who knows pinball and has a ton of creative ideas!

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This fella got a name? Is he a secret weapon? Haha

In my opinion he's as good as a secret weapon! You have probably seen him in the threads his name is DJ I will do a Facebook introduction on him tomorrow! He's been at shows with us as well!

#225 2 years ago

Hopefully DJ gets down to business, lots for him to do. Wish him the best.

#226 2 years ago

Code 1.04 for Halloween and Ultraman will drop Friday evening!
Heavy on Bug fixes for HW. Following update will be heavy on content again!
Heavy on content for Ultraman clips, meters, sound effects, callouts, text, etc!

#227 2 years ago

Praise Jesus! Looking forward to it!

#228 2 years ago

Looking forward to the update Friday. I have both Halloween and Ultraman local to me. Should be fun to see the improvements that have been implemented into the code.

#229 2 years ago

Looking to do 1.05 another major content update for both somewhere around the holidays for everyone to enjoy!

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Looking to do 1.05 another major content update for both somewhere around the holidays for everyone to enjoy!

This means we'll have the updates ready for Pincinnati, I assume. WOOT!

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This means we'll have the updates ready for Pincinnati, I assume. WOOT!

Indeed!

#232 2 years ago

Just a little teasing here (don't hate) - price drop again, now under $1k.... It moves like my bitcoin....

Like I said before I respect what you decide either way but they just announced a little update of the code, maybe go back over $1K again. Make it $750 and I will take it off your hands. Being that you asked for #500 that is a long way off (absolute last one on the line - so the code should be complete), we could be fighting off Omicron infected zombies by that time and you could be like Will Smith living alone in NYC in your own version of "I am Legand" and a pinball machine won't matter much.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125068

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Just a little teasing here (don't hate) - price drop again, now under $1k.... It moves like my bitcoin....
Like I said before I respect what you decide either way but they just announced a little update of the code, maybe go back over $1K again. Make it $750 and I will take it off your hands. Being that you asked for #500 that is a long way off (absolute last one on the line - so the code should be complete), we could be fighting off Omicron infected zombies by that time and you could be like Will Smith living alone in NYC in your own version of "I am Legand" and a pinball machine won't matter much.

I like ETH since the EIP-1559 hard fork the burn rates are amazing.
It is still affordable under 5k.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Not the first to list at this number.

80C4A29B-41A3-43DC-945F-606E88828411 (resized).jpeg80C4A29B-41A3-43DC-945F-606E88828411 (resized).jpeg
#235 2 years ago

Ultraman will be absolutely loaded with new callouts now! As well as the onscreen text being a lot more clear and concise for directions on rules. We're really going to make sure it's in a solid spot before the release Friday. Really hoping everyone enjoys it!

And as Spooky Luke said, 1.05 for both games will be more mode/content based. Including new "expert" level difficulty modes that will vary drastically from the playstyle of the other modes. And new modes of course will mean New Kaiju!

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Not the first to list at this number.[quoted image]

I tease - but you started under $1k and then went over $1K and now are at $950, pretty soon you will have to pay us to take it.

I am not trolling ya....I would thought this would have locked up but the last built that puts this out how long if they are in the 200 range now, probably at least 6 months out I would guess. But, still a good discount for someone....

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I tease - but you started under $1k and then went over $1K and now are at $950, pretty soon you will have to pay us to take it.
I am not trolling ya....I would thought this would have locked up but the last built that puts this out how long if they are in the 200 range now, probably at least 6 months out I would guess. But, still a good discount for someone....

No worries, I have thick skin and BigBalls is my name. It is pinball and life is good.

#238 2 years ago

Stoked to hear about the code updates.
Just made final payment on ours today.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

I like ETH since the EIP-1559 hard fork the burn rates are amazing

Da fuq does this mean?

#240 2 years ago

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow! With new code update coming on Friday it is going to be a fun weekend.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Da fuq does this mean?

Crypto talk

#242 2 years ago

Finally got to play one the other day. And managed to put a deposit on a standard. Looking forward to when it comes in. Was told late next year. Should be worth the wait.

#243 2 years ago

I wonder with the new Tech Stack ( Heck Board ) . If that has had some impact on the code development?
Just wondering if that had a impact on team. Wonder if the new Tech stack has brought with it new capabilities?

#244 2 years ago

These just arrived!
I can now become Ultraman.

Thanks Spooky, looking good.

20211201_124047 (resized).jpg20211201_124047 (resized).jpg
#245 2 years ago

Mine came too... should I request another?, scratches!?

56A1B039-29B9-41E7-AC1C-D160CA3E8C5A (resized).jpeg56A1B039-29B9-41E7-AC1C-D160CA3E8C5A (resized).jpeg
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine came too... should I request another?, scratches!?[quoted image]

Scotchbrite green pad would pull that out, but honestly it’s not that bad.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Scotchbrite green pad would pull that out, but honestly it’s not that bad.

I think he's talking about the ones that are going horizontally across the face, not up the ramp as the ball would travel. You MIGHT be able to get it out with a scouring pad and basically re-graining the whole ramp. Maybe. I would say that if the depth of the scratches is enough to snag a fingernail, then it's likely not going to come out that way.

*edit* those are really weird marks....maybe left by a bending jig? Goes all the way across the face of the ramp...very unlikely that happened after the metal was bent, I would think. I should probably add I'm not super experienced with re-graining in general, but I can confidently say that the few times I've done it with rails and whatnot, I wasn't super happy with how it went. It took a lot of fiddling to not make it look worse than it did beforehand.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think he's talking about the ones that are going horizontally across the face, not up the ramp as the ball would travel. You MIGHT be able to get it out with a scouring pad and basically re-graining the whole ramp. Maybe. I would say that if the depth of the scratches is enough to snag a fingernail, then it's likely not going to come out that way.
*edit* those are really weird marks....maybe left by a bending jig? Goes all the way across the face of the ramp...very unlikely that happened after the metal was bent, I would think. I should probably add I'm not super experienced with re-graining in general, but I can confidently say that the few times I've done it with rails and whatnot, I wasn't super happy with how it went. It took a lot of fiddling to not make it look worse than it did beforehand.

Yes - I was talking about the horizontal ones as well. They look really light to me. The trick to using the pad would be to stay away from the ramp flap and make smooth vertical strokes - no circular or horizontal motion as you want to match the original grain.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - I was talking about the horizontal ones as well. They look really light to me. The trick to using the pad would be to stay away from the ramp flap and make smooth vertical strokes - no circular or horizontal motion as you want to match the original grain.

Or you could just install it. Unless you are never going to play the game and treat the pinball as a work of art

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine came too... should I request another?, scratches!?[quoted image]

I see the horizontal ones we can shoot ya another one no big deal! I'm sure the girls just didn't see them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/5?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.