(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 100.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, this issue persists for me. The drop target works fine, it does trigger both to go up and to go down…but if there is a ball locked in the Danesi lock and I drain, the drop target (though absolutely triggering) does not have the strength to pull down and release the ball…so it’s a glass remover every time if I don’t release the ball.
Any ideas on the issue or the fix? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thank you all in advance.

Hasn't happened to me, but...

Both the target at the top of the science patrol lane and the ball detect opto there work OK?

OK so that drop target resets up OK, and when you test it in coils the drop relay works OK and it drops smoothly every time

But it wont drop properly during play to release a ball locked behind it? Does it try to release and then get stuck partway down or something?

If yes, this may be because the weight of the ball behind it is pushing forward and something is causing it to get stuck then.

Id pull the playfield up and forward onto the rails so you can fiddle with that drop target manually, try to figure out what it's getting stuck on and why.

Mine works perfectly so it has to be something binding it up.

RM

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Both the target at the top of the science patrol lane and the ball detect opto there work OK?

Yes, they are both working great.

Quoted from RussMyers:

But it wont drop properly during play to release a ball locked behind it? Does it try to release and then get stuck partway down or something?

It works fine during play. It will release the captive ball is struck by a ball and has no problem coming up and down on its own when no ball is held in the Danesi lock. Yes, it tries to pull it down when the ball is there but it just kind of shakes slightly and gives up. In ball search it will shake it slightly when it tries to pull it down but it won’t come down if a ball is there.

Quoted from RussMyers:

If yes, this may be because the weight of the ball behind it is pushing forward and something is causing it to get stuck then.
Id pull the playfield up and forward onto the rails so you can fiddle with that drop target manually, try to figure out what it's getting stuck on and why.

Yes, this is my thoughts as well. It is physical with the machine in some way, not at all a software bug.

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, they are both working great.

It works fine during play. It will release the captive ball is struck by a ball and has no problem coming up and down on its own when no ball is held in the Danesi lock. Yes, it tries to pull it down when the ball is there but it just kind of shakes slightly and gives up. In ball search it will shake it slightly when it tries to pull it down but it won’t come down if a ball is there.

Yes, this is my thoughts as well. It is physical with the machine in some way, not at all a software bug.

Maybe try a stronger spring or make the drop coil a bit more sensitive? By that I mean make it not have to pull in so much to drop the target. I haven't looked at this mech personally, but I imagine there is a physical adjustment that can be made to accomplish this.

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a brass finger that touches the target base. It needs adjusting. I had this issure in Rick and Mory.

It just needs to be adjusted slightly to allow the drop to fall with the weight of the ball still behind it. Super frustrating until you get it in the right position.

#2805 1 year ago

Noticed my Plunger is a bit lacking lately..

Anyone have recommendation for proper color of spring. Going to rebuild it have a few colors in my parts bin.

#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone have recommendation for proper color of spring. Going to rebuild it have a few colors in my parts bin.

Pull it back and touch the metal. If it’s got a little tacky feel to it you can clean it off with IPA and replace the sleeve if you want to. I doubt your spring is getting weaker, likely just more resistance between the rod and sleeve.

#2807 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I put a red spring in mine and it's much better.

#2808 1 year ago

no 365 built and will be arriving friday. been catching up here for past couple days. pretty excited to get the game finally they are really tampong things up at spooky.

#2809 1 year ago

I got the Pigmon Multiball for the first time & a new high score! That Pigmon song is awesome, but the volume of it is very low & even gets faded down much of the time. In future updates, please make sure that song is nice & loud!

Rules question: What’s the point of the green lock shots in Dada mode? I assumed any balls locked leads to a Multiball, but I’ve defeated him a few times & there was no MB.

35FC56DD-E9D1-4FAB-B950-32F7EBE39831 (resized).jpeg35FC56DD-E9D1-4FAB-B950-32F7EBE39831 (resized).jpeg
#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got the Pigmon Multiball for the first time & a new high score! That Pigmon song is awesome, but the volume of it is very low & even gets faded down much of the time. In future updates, please make sure that song is nice & loud!
Rules question: What’s the point of the green lock shots in Dada mode? I assumed any balls locked leads to a Multiball, but I’ve defeated him a few times & there was no MB. [quoted image]

Hey, I just recently got the Pigmon Multiball for the first time & a new high score for me as well. Great mode, really blew it up.

Sound engineering could really use some improvement, balance, loudness and clarity - would really polish it up.

Not sure about DADA mode; never reached that yet.

RM

#2811 1 year ago

I just installed 1.08a this morning and it reset my high scores and audits - is this normal behavior? I don't recall it happening when I installed 1.08 from 1.07...

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I just installed 1.08a this morning and it reset my high scores and audits - is this normal behavior? I don't recall it happening when I installed 1.08 from 1.07...

Happened to me on my Halloween.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Every update though 1.08a has reset the high scores. 1.08a includes an update to the code which will save high scores on all future updates. There is an option for manually resetting the high scores.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Rules question: What’s the point of the green lock shots in Dada mode? I assumed any balls locked leads to a Multiball, but I’ve defeated him a few times & there was no MB. [quoted image]

When you start the mode there will be a flashing blue shot. This is Dada's current location. Shoot this shot to begin the fight, where you can actually lower his health. After a few seconds, Dada will teleport to a new location. To find him again you have to shoot one of the lock shots. The purpose of this is to pause the ball, so you can see the new location.

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

After a few seconds, Dada will teleport to a new location. To find him again you have to shoot one of the lock shots. The purpose of this is to pause the ball, so you can see the new location.

Ahhhh - ok, that makes sense. Sort of.

Green/lock is synonymous with locking for Multiball. It might be worth doing something different with this Dada “lock” stage. Maybe change the color from green…maybe keep it blue but with a different effect, like a fast flash? Maybe call it a “Big Punch” or “Super Attack” (or maybe there’s a better UM-specific term to use).

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ahhhh - ok, that makes sense. Sort of.
Green/lock is synonymous with locking for Multiball. It might be worth doing something different with this Dada “lock” stage. Maybe change the color from green…maybe keep it blue but with a different effect, like a fast flash? Maybe call it a “Big Punch” or “Super Attack” (or maybe there’s a better UM-specific term to use).

"Ultravision"

RM

#2816 1 year ago

Center ramp rejects - check clearance of spring steel

I was getting some rejects even on hard clean shots and I think the spring steel ball blocker was catching on the very edge of the plastic so I shaved it down a little bit. Seems to have fixed it.

RM

Before (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpg
#2817 1 year ago

Notice on the Spooky website, all versions of the Ultraman are now sold out.

#2818 1 year ago

Any idea why there's such a large difference in rating between Ultraman (Standard Edition) ce and Halloween (Standard Edition) ce? It doesn't look like there have been many new ratings for ultraman added. I have to say I was a bit nervous before playing ultraman based on pinside but I thought it was great. There's certainly some polishing needed and opportunity for improvement but the game was fun, shot well, and is one of the best looking pins out there.

#2819 1 year ago

I clearly don't know how to properly tag games

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

Any idea why there's such a large difference in rating between Ultraman (Standard Edition) ce and Halloween (Standard Edition) ce? It doesn't look like there have been many new ratings for ultraman added. I have to say I was a bit nervous before playing ultraman based on pinside but I thought it was great. There's certainly some polishing needed and opportunity for improvement but the game was fun, shot well, and is one of the best looking pins out there.

Don’t worry about the ratings. Buy what you like. I have never bought a game based in ratings. Hell I don’t own a single Elwin and some would consider that a mortal sin, lol. UM is unique and a ton of fun for me.

#2821 1 year ago

But…your profile pic is a JP? Haha

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Don’t worry about the ratings. Buy what you like. I have never bought a game based in ratings. Hell I don’t own a single Elwin and some would consider that a mortal sin, lol. UM is unique and a ton of fun for me.

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

But…your profile pic is a JP? Haha

The 1993 DE model, not Elwin's.

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The 1993 DE model, not Elwin's.

Correct!

#2824 1 year ago

365 in da house. built 6-16 wonder what was the delay for the payment and delivery?

17033ACE-A776-4106-8FBC-D0DE7E6B1DE9 (resized).jpeg17033ACE-A776-4106-8FBC-D0DE7E6B1DE9 (resized).jpeg
#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Totally agree. I had to go find one on location before making up my mind to send final payment. Looking forward to # 416

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

to add on to what the other person said. There are only like max 300 UM out in the wild currently and even fewer in public playable areas. HW has at least double that if not more

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Notice on the Spooky website, all versions of the Ultraman are now sold out.

Kaneda must be super excited to get his #500!!!!

#2828 1 year ago

I will say I love my Ultraman. No regrets.

#2829 1 year ago

Hey Spooky how's the Australian builds going? Ready for shipping yet??

#2830 1 year ago

#307 is home, zero issues. Great fun and gorgeous!

647554CA-B842-4140-9A40-F2F9168F8921 (resized).jpeg647554CA-B842-4140-9A40-F2F9168F8921 (resized).jpeg
#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

[quoted image]

Dedicated subwoofer for the game? Nice.

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Now it really is "Kaiju <<<RUMBLE>>>"

RM

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

You should see my games...

With one or two to spare.

#2834 1 year ago

Fellas, can u tell me where this plugs in.. ots not labeled. And let me say that I 100% appreciate spooky labeling so many if these connectors. Makes it sooooo much easier.

20220806_152141 (resized).jpg20220806_152141 (resized).jpg
#2835 1 year ago

And for those who are considering flipper colors or clears.. here's a couple pics to show what I've experimented with. Ill get some pics with it powered up soon.

20220806_132909 (resized).jpg20220806_132909 (resized).jpg20220806_144906 (resized).jpg20220806_144906 (resized).jpg20220806_145015 (resized).jpg20220806_145015 (resized).jpgResized_20220702_074851 (resized).jpegResized_20220702_074851 (resized).jpegResized_20220702_081019 (resized).jpegResized_20220702_081019 (resized).jpegResized_20220702_081225 (resized).jpegResized_20220702_081225 (resized).jpeg

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Fellas, can u tell me where this plugs in.. ots not labeled. And let me say that I 100% appreciate spooky labeling so many if these connectors. Makes it sooooo much easier.
[quoted image]

Those wires go somewhere - what's on the other end?

RM

#2837 1 year ago

15 hours till the pinside top 100 resets. If you haven’t already go give this game a fair review. It helps the decision making process for people who are considering buying a game or spot.

I’m personally loving both of these games and I can’t believe it isn’t at least top 25 at this point.

Everyone in the forums are always clamoring for more mechs, more toys, more shots, more modes, more wizard modes more more more. This game has MORE than any other offering from any manufacturer if you ask me.

Owners especially, you ought to go review it. You’ve spent time on it. You know the game. Do it for the Spooky team. These games do not deserve these low ratings. It is frankly ABSURD.

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

15 hours till the pinside top 100 resets. If you haven’t already go give this game a fair review. It helps the decision making process for people who are considering buying a game or spot.
I’m personally loving both of these games and I can’t believe it isn’t at least top 25 at this point.
Everyone in the forums are always clamoring for more mechs, more toys, more shots, more modes, more wizard modes more more more. This game has MORE than any other offering from any manufacturer if you ask me.
Owners especially, you ought to go review it. You’ve spent time on it. You know the game. Do it for the Spooky team. These games do not deserve these low ratings. It is frankly ABSURD.

Good reminder … done @ 8.6/rating

#2839 1 year ago

Want to give a shout-out to AJ @ Spooky Pinball support. I had an issue with my Ultraman that I was able to troubleshoot and fix with a little help. Didn’t even have to spend any spacium!

#2840 1 year ago

Hi everyone!

I'm going to have a chance to play this game today so I started reading up on the rules (I despise not knowing what to do when I play). I saw RareHero's key post and it appears to be extremely similar to the Halloween code and objectives. Is that roughly correct, or are there key differences in the code between the two?

#2841 1 year ago

I have a BSE preorder that I would give away. Just got the Spooky email so it is ready. I ordered this direct the day it came out but ended up snagging a CE a couple of months ago so I don't need it and can't sell it. $1500 hit but better to give it away than just forfeit the preorder. $6500 still owed to Spooky for the machine.

I haven't heard if there is a transfer fee but am assuming there is not.

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I haven't heard if there is a transfer fee but am assuming there is not.

No fee just let Morgan (Squirrel) know who to transfer to (at least that is how I got mine).

#2843 1 year ago

Got my email for BSE 406 today.

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Hi everyone!
I'm going to have a chance to play this game today so I started reading up on the rules (I despise not knowing what to do when I play). I saw RareHero's key post and it appears to be extremely similar to the Halloween code and objectives. Is that roughly correct, or are there key differences in the code between the two?

I believe the core is the same but from I understand there is difference in the various rules for modes and such that does have them play a bit differently. Think with each update they been trying to differentiate the two more and more.

#2845 1 year ago

Got the first email for BSE 399 today as well. It's finally happening guys.

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

[quoted image]

Very nice ! it's a butter version or decals?

#2847 1 year ago

Any news on the Australian builds?? have they been shipped yet???

#2848 1 year ago

no numbered plaque ? where do you find the game number and the code version number ?
thanks in advance

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

no numbered plaque ? where do you find the game number and the code version number ?
thanks in advance

This is the plaque I added (and many others), looks great: https://www.ulekstore.com/Ultraman_Commemorative_Numbered_Plaque_p/ultra_plate.htm

#2850 1 year ago

nice thanks for the info i wanst sure it didnt come with a numbered plaque.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/57?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.