(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 100.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’m updating it again. I’ll unplug and replug the cable but the the have played totally normal a few hours ago.
Odd thing is the load screens are fine and everything looks normal until I start a game. Then it zooms in.
Edit: updated again and still zoomed in

Are you splitting the screen for streaming or anything ?

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I figured it was meant as a jab, but I still gave him a thumbs up. I was working on updates for the 1.09 code at the time. So it made me chuckle. Still lots more goodness to come.

The best cooking always takes time..

=

#2653 1 year ago

CE#92 checking in.

I’m loving the new code! Still in the process of tuning the cabinet, though.

Right trough (drop down from 2nd playfield) ball hangs didn’t show up until I actually balanced the table to flat left/right and 6.5 degrees incline. I adjusted the subway divider as far as I could and added 1/8” of washers between the playfield and the far right corner (bottom right-most screw) subway screw bracket (also swapped the 3/8” screw for a 1/2” screw) and the ball flows perfectly from the 2nd playfield through the subway now.

I got tied of all of the rejected shots from the beta capsule so I did the scoop swap someone suggested earlier in this thread. Cutting wheel on a dremel was just the ticket to carve away the excess metal on the scoop bracket and now direct shots to the beta capsule sink perfectly now (and the ball is no longer rebounding into the bottom of the capsule lamp).

My last fix (outside of waiting patiently for some sick mods) is the middle baltan opto. The optos are not aligned as they are and I get quite a few excess “there are no more clones” callouts . . . And an occasional free ball lock (and baltan jackpot). Is there any way to adjust the targeting of that opto pair short of filling the screw holes and re-drilling their mounting points? Not super stoked about drilling into such a gorgeous playfield.

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's a jab at Spooky when they just put out 1.08, says 1.09 and "good cooking takes time" at the top.

Oh. That's not cool. Bah whatever. We're family here.

#2655 1 year ago

Tons of preorders for sale, what is the risk when just forfeiting the deposit and not buying? Seems like people are losing more than the deposit when they get the machine.

I really enjoy it and think people are missing out but seeing lots of money lost here.

#2656 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:Oh. That's not cool.

Sad Flipper has Sadz.

#2657 1 year ago

These low prices won’t last for ever. A few code updates will correct the negativity and fear in the market. I paid my full tab to Spooky for Halloween and I definitely see the value in the game, and many other owners do too. It’s the best bang for the buck pin in the history of pinball at these prices and people are straight up foolish for not jumping in now imo.

Quoted from ViperJelly:

Tons of preorders for sale, what is the risk when just forfeiting the deposit and not buying? Seems like people are losing more than the deposit when they get the machine.
I really enjoy it and think people are missing out but seeing lots of money lost here.

#2658 1 year ago

Noticed some jumpy footage in the new code, thought I would mention it. Like the larger screen in the middle with the original footage. Keep up the good work!

#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Noticed some jumpy footage in the new code, thought I would mention it. Like the larger screen in the middle with the original footage. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I have seen that too, and some jumpiness in some of the video clips was there in 1.07 too.

RM

#2660 1 year ago

I am sometimes getting periods of gameplay where the ball isn't recognized sitting on the ball lifter (on the right side, could happen either side I guess) and gameplay stops until the ball search gets it going again.

The switch above the lifter (Right Lifter) tests fine every time.

I am guessing - could the lifter height be just a smidge too low and so when the ball is sitting on the lifter sometimes it doesnt block that opto entirely.

Anyone else see this?

RM

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am sometimes getting periods of gameplay where the ball isn't recognized sitting on the ball lifter (on the right side, could happen either side I guess) and gameplay stops until the ball search gets it going again.
I am guessing - could the lifter height be just a smidge too low and so when the ball is sitting on the lifter sometimes it doesnt block that opto entirely.
Anyone else see this?
RM

Yes, as somone pointed out...it may be the subway needing a washer to allow it to get there(lifter) easier...havent done it yet...but on my to do list

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yes, as somone pointed out...it may be the subway needing a washer to allow it to get there(lifter) easier...havent done it yet...but on my to do list

In my case, I don't think it's the ball getting hung up in the subway on the way to the lifter, I think the ball may be getting to the lifter OK but when sitting on the lifter it's slightly too low to keep the opto switch closed.

RM

#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Anyone else see this?
RM

I thought this was a bug with the old code. It happened to me frequently. I haven’t seen it on the new code yet.

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Well, there are people willing to pay a premium for NIB, that premium in this game’s case is what people are paying for the preorder spot since they could buy a used but existing game for less. Some buyers appear to just be letting their order spots lapse, not sure if Spooky will do the entire run of 500 games. Maybe they will do as they did with ACNC and save 100 of them for a later run when demand increases, that would not be a bad plan for Spooky.

I was one of the original somewhat unsatisfied owners that questioned the wisdom of my order. I was pretty close to dumping the game during the first three months and just didn’t play it much. I’m glad I stuck with the game though as the code has improved and the experience has improved considerably (dare I say dramatically). I have a big collection, but Ultraman is still getting played a good deal.

Ultraman is a unique game. It’ll be fairly rare when it’s run is complete and hard to come by after it settles in collections and doesn’t have people trying to transfer their spots in line any longer. Those spot transfer sale ads are really giving the game a continued poor image that will cease immediately when the game is out of production.

It’ll take awhile to recover from the original bad press the game had upon shipping with the poor code combined with the people needing to jump out of line for whatever reason, but Spooky games all hold their value incredibly well long term and it will recover eventually. Can anyone name a single Spooky game other than the current in production game that has not held its value? When Spooky announces a number limitation, they honor it, there is no chance of rerun once the announced numbers have been made. This helps the Spooky titles hold their values.

Ultraman is a good looking machine, I’m proud to have it in my collection. I just wish Spooky would have tapped in to Scott Danesi on the music package a bit. This game was prefect for the master of pin music to opine on and they have easy access to Scott’s genius…it’s just a phone call away for them. I sure hope they dial in to him for Army of Darkness.

#2665 1 year ago

I am not sure what I am going to do with my Blood sucker Edition preorder. I traded my TMNT for Ultraman 73 back in November because I didn’t want to wait. Now I am afraid my impatience cost me $1500. I thought for sure I would have been able to get my money back, but live and learn I guess.

#2666 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Anyone else see this?
RM

This has happened to me with the new code only. Had to turn the game off then it worked fine.

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am not sure what I am going to do with my Blood sucker Edition preorder. I traded my TMNT for Ultraman 73 back in November because I didn’t want to wait. Now I am afraid my impatience cost me $1500. I thought for sure I would have been able to get my money back, but live and learn I guess.

If your wallet allows, I say pay for it and take delivery, and then sell it as a NIB on the back end. You will likely get most or all of your money back. Especially once the production run is over and the game settles into collections a bit. Demand will increase and prices will go up. It is a bit of an investment doing it this way that you wont be able to recoup immediately, but if you can afford it (and have room to store it), that would be how I would do it.

I purchased both Halloween and Ultraman because I was not sure which I would want to keep more. It ends up that Halloween will be the one I will be keeping long term. I really like Ultraman too, but Halloween just grabs me more. I don't have room for more than 4 pins in my house at the moment, so I have my UM on loan to a buddy at his house where he can play it and so can I when I visit. Eventually when Spooky announces Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (do it Spooky!!), the time will come that I sell UM to make room for AoD and then my buddy will get one of my other pins on loan... lol

Someday when my daughter moves out and takes her piano with her, I will have room for 2 more pins... Someday... lol

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe they will do as they did with ACNC and save 100 of them for a later run when demand increases

Not quite the story ….

They had a few left from a distributor order - from memory only 12 to 20 games.

I went back and double checked to see if my memory was good.

rd
01107F39-59D5-474F-A40D-EDBCE2B08597 (resized).jpeg01107F39-59D5-474F-A40D-EDBCE2B08597 (resized).jpeg

#2669 1 year ago

Not many Ultraman mods yet, thanks to Mr_Tantrum for these custom apron cards! You can order from him if interested. Thanks.

B1B10285-C8E2-4B71-B7E9-A275F9E09EBA (resized).jpegB1B10285-C8E2-4B71-B7E9-A275F9E09EBA (resized).jpegD741042D-2A56-4AA3-8BA0-F5F700901CE2 (resized).jpegD741042D-2A56-4AA3-8BA0-F5F700901CE2 (resized).jpeg25898D64-3B12-40E3-86D9-7869039DF8B5 (resized).jpeg25898D64-3B12-40E3-86D9-7869039DF8B5 (resized).jpeg
#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not many Ultraman mods yet, thanks to Mr_Tantrum for these custom apron cards! You can order from him if interested. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What an improvement! Well done Mr_Tantrum

#2671 1 year ago

On Ultraman Day, we unboxed my buddy's CE #113. It had been in the box a while. He has a ton of games and rotates them into the bar. We were not able to get the brand new code on because it was not out by the time we were in the middle of everything. We did get 1.07 loaded and played a bunch that day. Everyone that played remarked that the hate these games are receiving is unjustified. Playing just made me more excited for my BSE coming up later. The only tweak we had to make was where the ball exits the top playfield. It was getting stuck and we had to put a skinnier post in there for reliability. I guess 2 tweaks. One connector had some not so great crimps where the wire and insulation were not being held very well. New crimp pins took care of that. Next week, we'll put 1.08 on there and play test a bunch more. Even made some sweet Ultraman Day shirts for the occasion.

ultramanZ (resized).JPGultramanZ (resized).JPG

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They had a few left from a distributor order - from memory only 12 to 20 games.

Yea, I couldn’t recall how many it was exactly. Those falling out of the sky were the deal of the year last year for people as ACNC is awesome.

#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Anyone else see this?
RM

Yes, right side only and inconsistent enough to indicate that it was not code, but frequent enough to drive me crazy!
I pulled the lifter (easy), then used a ball on a magnet to try to interrupt the opto during switch test mode
In my case, the right side opto (with PF upright) needed to be moved about 1/8”
I drilled two new holes, moved it and it’s been rock solid since

680EE4EA-7789-4013-B05F-CB42BE337157 (resized).jpeg680EE4EA-7789-4013-B05F-CB42BE337157 (resized).jpegF993B26B-1108-4B8C-A05C-7300949C5756 (resized).jpegF993B26B-1108-4B8C-A05C-7300949C5756 (resized).jpegB7B2676D-F33D-4E21-9071-F12DBA934768 (resized).jpegB7B2676D-F33D-4E21-9071-F12DBA934768 (resized).jpeg1A533249-E7A8-4B51-B208-0789E092FF20 (resized).jpeg1A533249-E7A8-4B51-B208-0789E092FF20 (resized).jpeg
#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

ACNC is awesome.

Yes. Yes it is.

It has some of the best mode rules in pinball - all different.

Rather than cookie-cutter “shoot lit shots”. Snore.

rd

#2675 1 year ago

Picked up an ACNC after falling in love with my Halloween. I can honestly say at this point that I believe it’s one of the best pins of all time. It is without a doubt in my top 5 and one of the only games I’ve ever rated a 10. Gorgeous and challenging world under glass. Sucks you right in. Excellent code rules animations and sounds. Just such an absolute BANGER.

Quoted from rotordave:

Yes. Yes it is.
It has some of the best mode rules in pinball - all different.
Rather than cookie-cutter “shoot lit shots”. Snore.
rd

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can honestly say at this point that I believe it’s (ACNC) one of the best pins of all time.

One issue with low production games is most people never get to play them.

So it’s hard for the “awesomeness” to be experienced by the average dude.

Personally - I think with a couple of little playfield tweaks (orbits a little wider, ramps a little wider, maybe mystery hole combined with the secret passage) to make the game more accessible to the average player, it would definitely be up there on the top 10 lists. I watch people play mine at my tournaments, and I see some struggle to start anything.

The upper playfield is very good … I’m not an upper playfield (or lower playfield) guy, but ACNC is very good, with a number of shots.

And as discussed, the rules are up there with the best of them. Simple enough to understand … difficult to master. That’s the sweet spot for me.

rd

#2677 1 year ago

I personally love the challenge of the tight shots and the orbits shoot way better if you lower the position of the flippers just slightly. I have mine on location and I’ve noticed certain more advanced players absolutely glued to it. Also…kids play it alot. Which I did not expect at all.

Quoted from rotordave:

One issue with low production games is most people never get to play them.
So it’s hard for the “awesomeness” to be experienced by the average dude.
Personally - I think with a couple of little playfield tweaks (orbits a little wider, ramps a little wider, maybe mystery hole combined with the secret passage) to make the game more accessible to the average player, it would definitely be up there on the top 10 lists. I watch people play mine at my tournaments, and I see some struggle to start anything.
The upper playfield is very good … I’m not an upper playfield (or lower playfield) guy, but ACNC is very good, with a number of shots.
And as discussed, the rules are up there with the best of them. Simple enough to understand … difficult to master. That’s the sweet spot for me.
rd

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I personally love the challenge of the tight shots

Oh, me too … but not everyone is us.

Thats one of the issues with RZ too - left orbit is pretty tight … if you can’t hit it, nothing happens.

“That game is crap! Nothing happens!”

Did you start a mode? Up the left side …

“No…”

With ACNC, Bruce on Slam Tilt was saying making the skill shots are the key to winning the game. Which shows me they ain’t starting any modes, because a 2m or 4m skillshot is absolute peanuts compared to a 60m point completed mode. Even an unfinished mode is worth good points.

rd.

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, right side only and inconsistent enough to indicate that it was not code, but frequent enough to drive me crazy!
I pulled the lifter (easy), then used a ball on a magnet to try to interrupt the opto during switch test mode
In my case, the right side opto (with PF upright) needed to be moved about 1/8”
I drilled two new holes, moved it and it’s been rock solid since[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe it’s just me but i really don’t see a change in the photos.

Was the ball sitting to low on the lifter and that’s why it wasnt always reading? Im having the same issue with mine. If the optos need to be moved further away from the play field maybe a washer under each?

#2680 1 year ago

Where does the Jirahs battle music come from? It doesn’t feel proper and I watched the battle scene on YT. It’s mostly spurts of marching band drums. The full orchestra score seems odd to me.

#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

...for Army of Darkness.

Was that a spoiler alert, or...?

#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Eventually when Spooky announces Evil Dead/Army of Darkness...

Inside information, or...?

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Maybe it’s just me but i really don’t see a change in the photos.
Was the ball sitting to low on the lifter and that’s why it wasnt always reading? Im having the same issue with mine. If the optos need to be moved further away from the play field maybe a washer under each?

If you look at the third photo with the little arrows, he moved the position of the black opto on the right vertically by about 1/8", so the optos were more directly across from each other. This required new mounting pilot holes drilled.

If you compare that to the first pic, the optos are not directly across from each other.

The final position of the black opto means it's not really lined up with the hole in the subway very well, but if the material is transparent to infrared I guess that doesnt matter.

RM

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

Was that a spoiler alert, or...?

No, just wishful thinking on my part. Though there has been some significant alluding to that Spooky may have something in the Evil Dead universe in the wings at some point. Ben Heck stated that Spooky recognized the demand for the theme…other statements have been made here and there. It’s coming from Spooky…eventually anyway.

#2685 1 year ago

What do you think of this?

With the removal of the Fight Jirahs timer, would Spooky consider adding:

Adjustable rate of Ultraman's Health Decline:

Easy (slow)

Moderate (medium)

Hard (fast)

Extra Hard/Hardcore - 3 minute health decline (exactly like Ultraman's Color Timer in the show) AND no adding health bars back using the light blue targets, 3 minutes is what you get.

I am a HUGE Ultraman nerd. This would be a fun way to go.

RussMyers

PS - I would also REALLY like a Mephilas Kaiju Mode - my favorite Ultraman villain

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Easy (slow)
Moderate (medium)
Hard (fast)
Extra Hard/Hardcore - 3 minute health decline (exactly like Ultraman's Color Timer in the show) AND no adding health bars back using the light blue targets, 3 minutes is what you get.
RussMyers
PS - I would also REALLY like a Mephilas Kaiju Mode - my favorite Ultraman villain

Hardcore mode should have all drops and standups REMOVE health. And only spinners do damage. That would be a challenge.

#2687 1 year ago

It seems like the modes get easier and easier with each release.

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Easy (slow)
Moderate (medium)
Hard (fast)
RussMyers

I think they said UM’s health lowers by 3% per second. If they did an easy setting that was 2% per second and a hard setting that was 4% per second that would seem like a pretty good spread of options.

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think they said UM’s health lowers by 3% per second. If they did an easy setting that was 2% per second and a hard setting that was 4% per second that would seem like a pretty good spread of options.

3% per second may be accurate, but that's pretty fast - only 33 seconds from 100% to zero.

Haven't actually timed it. Also not sure when the timer is or isnt running.

RM

#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

Inside information, or...?

No, extreme wishful thinking and I plant the seed (or water it) every chance I can in hopes that Spooky delivers my (and many other's) dream theme. Bruce Campbell one-liners were written to be in a pinball machine!

#2691 1 year ago

I still keep getting scoop rejects on the beta capsule scoop. Is it the scoop being a simple 45 degree chunk of metal instead of the typical W/B rounded scoop. I saw a mod up earlier in the thread, but haven't heard whether it's any good.

Any modders out there?

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I still keep getting scoop rejects on the beta capsule scoop. Is it the scoop being a simple 45 degree chunk of metal instead of the typical W/B rounded scoop. I saw a mod up earlier in the thread, but haven't heard whether it's any good.
Any modders out there?

sounds like something Mantis might be interested in...although what exactly is the issue...rejects from the scoop?...can't say I've had an issue with it myself..

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Any modders out there?

If you look in the Halloween thread, some have replaced the stock deflector with a more traditional one readily available from Marcos (part number is in the Halloween thread) and everyone reports back successful results. I personally have not done it because mine works well enough. I suppose the new part would be an improvement, so maybe someday. But I'm fine with how mine plays.

EDIT:

Here is one of the posts in the thread with the new scoop deflector and photo: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/92#post-6855730

And here is a link to the part which currently shows out of stock: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-8806

Its been out of stock off an on, so I'm sure they will get more.

And another option that some have bought and said works as well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04

And lastly, a DIY option using the 2nd deflector listed directly above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/94#post-6863535

#2694 1 year ago

Recently fit and installed part# 535-8250-04 from Marco to replace the stock scoop backstop and it has made a considerable positive difference. Direct shots to the beta capsule from either flipper now enter the subway instead of rejecting and the beta capsule lamp no longer needs re-adjustment every 20 games or so (from ball strikes).

I’m generally ambivalent about changing game parts but before the change the only way to purposely enter the beta capsule scoop on my table was to shoot the middle playfield and let it drain from there. I have no regrets.

You will have to drill a third hole and shave some of the metal off of the marco to get it to fit correctly, but I was able to do so very easily with a dremel and a cutting disk. You can use the stock scoop as a template for the most part. You’ll have to cut up the sides into the vertical part of the Marco scoop about 4mm or so to get it to fit between the rubber posts.

#2695 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

If you look in the Halloween thread, some have replaced the stock deflector with a more traditional one readily available from Marcos (part number is in the Halloween thread) and everyone reports back successful results. I personally have not done it because mine works well enough. I suppose the new part would be an improvement, so maybe someday. But I'm fine with how mine plays.
EDIT:
Here is one of the posts in the thread with the new scoop deflector and photo: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/92#post-6855730
And here is a link to the part which currently shows out of stock: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-8806
Its been out of stock off an on, so I'm sure they will get more.
And another option that some have bought and said works as well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04
And lastly, a DIY option using the 2nd deflector listed directly above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/94#post-6863535

Responding because I want to make sure I have this info when I get my game. Thanks for compiling it together.

#2696 1 year ago

Recently my machine developed an issue where the ball was hanging up against the guide and the post/o-ring on the upper upper playfield. If the ball dribbled down around the guide, it would get stuck every time. I tweaked the o-ring a bit and poof, the stuck balls went away BUT the ball would still lose a significant amount of momentum going around. Practically impossible to keep ball up there for more than one trip around the bend.

I messed around with the ball guide and the post a bit , loosening and tightening again with the little bit of play that is there. Now when I make a clean butt pretzel, I usually can just barely catch the ball with the tip of the flipper as it comes around the final loop to keep it in play and save it for a second pretzel. Is this how other owners' machines play, or should I do some more tweaking? Maybe try to reduce contact with the o-ring a touch more?

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

On Ultraman Day, we unboxed my buddy's CE #113. It had been in the box a while. He has a ton of games and rotates them into the bar. We were not able to get the brand new code on because it was not out by the time we were in the middle of everything. We did get 1.07 loaded and played a bunch that day. Everyone that played remarked that the hate these games are receiving is unjustified. Playing just made me more excited for my BSE coming up later. The only tweak we had to make was where the ball exits the top playfield. It was getting stuck and we had to put a skinnier post in there for reliability. I guess 2 tweaks. One connector had some not so great crimps where the wire and insulation were not being held very well. New crimp pins took care of that. Next week, we'll put 1.08 on there and play test a bunch more. Even made some sweet Ultraman Day shirts for the occasion.
[quoted image]

Loading 1.08 tonight on this bad boy.

#2698 1 year ago

Streamed the new code last night. Love the Jirahs mode and multiball now. The UI is sooooo much better (the labels, however, are difficult to read)!

Ran into one small bug. If a ball falls into the Beta Capsule scoop during a tilt, ball search has to clear the ball. Other than that, I haven't run into anything unusual.

Will be streaming it again Friday in hopes of getting further in the game. (I may lower the pitch. 7 degrees may be a little too fast.)

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Recently my machine developed an issue where the ball was hanging up against the guide and the post/o-ring on the upper upper playfield. If the ball dribbled down around the guide, it would get stuck every time. I tweaked the o-ring a bit and poof, the stuck balls went away BUT the ball would still lose a significant amount of momentum going around. Practically impossible to keep ball up there for more than one trip around the bend.
I messed around with the ball guide and the post a bit , loosening and tightening again with the little bit of play that is there. Now when I make a clean butt pretzel, I usually can just barely catch the ball with the tip of the flipper as it comes around the final loop to keep it in play and save it for a second pretzel. Is this how other owners' machines play, or should I do some more tweaking? Maybe try to reduce contact with the o-ring a touch more?

Shoot a top down image for us. I re-drilled a moved my ball guide. Made all the diff. If I can see yours I might make a suggestion

#2700 1 year ago

Yeah for real...I couldn't even get Jirahs MB started previously. On the current code I agree it's a bit too easy, though. It was fantastic getting double Supers in one multiball though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.