(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 101.
#2601 1 year ago

OK, sorry to sound like a moron, but I've downloaded the new 1.08 code_UM.pkg file and placed that file on a USB key (8gb, FAT32, 32K sector size), now what do I do with it?

#2602 1 year ago

usb on the left side of the cabinet...put it in...turn it on

edit---ok turn it on...stick it in....

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, sorry to sound like a moron, but I've downloaded the new 1.08 code_UM.pkg file and placed that file on a USB key (8gb, FAT32, 32K sector size), now what do I do with it?

Copy/paste from HWN thread: Turn on your game, the open up the coin door; you should see a USB extension cable on the left of the cabinet, where you can plug in your USB drive. Plug the USB drive in, and wait for the update to complete. You can also plug the USB drive directly into the computer in the head of the game.

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Copy/paste from HWN thread: Turn on your game, the open up the coin door; you should see a USB extension cable on the left of the cabinet, where you can plug in your USB drive. Plug the USB drive in, and wait for the update to complete. You can also plug the USB drive directly into the computer in the head of the game.

Sorry to start 2 threads.

OK I turned the game on, waited until it finished booting completely, then plugged the USB drive into the USB cable inside the coin door.

Nothing happens at all.

Is there a button to push or should it recognize the drive and file all by itself and just start updating automatically?

Tried the same thing by plugging it into the one open USB port on the top of the board in the head - same thing, nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 10.

Should I try a different USB drive?

RM

#2605 1 year ago

Just played a couple games, I like it great improvement....displays are easier to see...still having issues losing my solenoid power though, anyone else having this issue? ...was happening before the code update and still continues...when restarting a new game, it just cuts out...all solenoids not responsive in test...

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Sorry to start 2 threads.
OK I turned the game on, waited until it finished booting completely, then plugged the USB drive into the USB cable inside the coin door.
Nothing happens at all.
Is there a button to push or should it recognize the drive and file all by itself and just start updating automatically?
Tried the same thing by plugging it into the one open USB port on the top of the board in the head - same thing, nothing happens.
I'm running Windows 10.
Should I try a different USB drive?
RM

I plugged mine into USB slot with game OFF, then turned on and waited until the "game is updating" screen. It will tell you when done
When done shut game OFF, remove USB stick, turn game back on

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I plugged mine into USB slot with game OFF, then turned on and waited until the "game is updating" screen. It will tell you when done
When done shut game OFF, remove USB stick, turn game back on

Yeah, my 1st drive, an older Sandisk 8gb, meets all of those criteria; I was very careful.

No dice, so I grabbed a different flash drive.

I just tried with a newer Sandisk Cruzer 32GB drive, and it started working immediately.

It was the drive. Updating now.

RussM

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yeah, my 1st drive, an older Sandisk 8gb, meets all of those criteria; I was very careful.
No dice, so I grabbed a different flash drive.
I just tried with a newer Sandisk Cruzer 32GB drive, and it started working immediately.
It was the drive. Updating now.
RussM

Glad to hear it's working now!

#2609 1 year ago

First impressions ... UI/display is not a ton easier to see - at least with my (older eyes).
Still seems like a lot of info on one screen, still feels "busy" and was expecting a simplified look

I saw some HUGE improvements to code and the light show - saw an "overload" of lights and sound for a big jackpot I collected - wow!
Need to get back to it and learn more before posting some more thoughtful comments

#2610 1 year ago

Hmmmmm.

The display doesn’t fit in the screen. It’s going past the borders and looks odd.

F89B6723-00C4-4AB5-8E7A-1DD1650A3848 (resized).jpegF89B6723-00C4-4AB5-8E7A-1DD1650A3848 (resized).jpeg
#2611 1 year ago

That screen zoom is really weird. Are you using the original monitor? I haven't come across that before.

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We will be revisiting all of the text in a future update. This is just the first glimpse of the new UI. Still a lot more to add. For example, all text will be getting a high contrast stroke in the future. That will help with visibility, especially when overlying the videos.

Thanks Team Spooky! Stay after it ... this is a wonderful game you've designed and needs the best interface to match
Love it!

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That screen zoom is really weird. Are you using the original monitor? I haven't come across that before.

Yes. All original. UM #16

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Hmmmmm.
The display doesn’t fit in the screen. It’s going past the borders and looks odd.
[quoted image]

Aftermarket or OEM screen?
I ask because the aftermarket allows adjustment of scale (x vs y sizing or maybe even detailed "overscan" settings)

Not sure which you have but it might be that adjustment?

#2615 1 year ago

I might try to update again. I'll talk with our team tomorrow to see if they have any ideas what could be causing that forced zoom.

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I ask because the aftermarket allows adjustment of scale (x vs y sizing or maybe even detailed "overscan" settings)

Came from Spooky. Nothing has been changed

#2617 1 year ago

mine mine is fine. We preferred the original look. But, oh well, guess we were in the minority. Spacium store is nicer. Hope can have adjustment to bring back Jirahs timer or make Ultraman health go down faster. Felt like I had all day to complete Jirahs now. Used to feel like a challenge and really was a great payoff to complete in one go.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Spooky beat me to it ... for the record, I have the aftermarket and scaling is perfect on the new update 1.08

Have you tried (game off) unplugging and re-plugging in the HDMI cable?

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

make Ultraman health go down faster.

Where on the new screen are you able to "see" Ultraman's health?

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Spooky beat me to it ... for the record, I have the aftermarket and scaling is perfect on the new update 1.08
Have you tried (game off) unplugging and re-plugging in the HDMI cable?

I’m updating it again. I’ll unplug and replug the cable but the the have played totally normal a few hours ago.

Odd thing is the load screens are fine and everything looks normal until I start a game. Then it zooms in.

Edit: updated again and still zoomed in

#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hope can have adjustment to bring back Jirahs timer or make Ultraman health go down faster. Felt like I had all day to complete Jirahs now. Used to feel like a challenge and really was a great payoff to complete in one go.
[quoted image]

I don't see the timer coming back, but I do agree about the drain being too slow. It's not really slower, but with combination of pausing the ball in the subways and additional opportunities to regain health it feels less challenging. I already had that in my notes. It might become an adjustable game feature in the menu.

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't see the timer coming back, but I do agree about the drain being too slow. It's not really slower, but with combination of pausing the ball in the subways and additional opportunities to regain health it feels less challenging. I already had that in my notes. It might become an adjustable game feature in the menu.

Thanks. It’s a little too nerfed at this version. But I understand the intent. Glad to see it will be addressed. Also, still need to pump the music volume on Pigmon song.

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Where on the new screen are you able to "see" Ultraman's health?

Top of the screen in the middle. Two health bars are yellow and turn red as they deplete. No different than previous appearance, just in top of the new UI.

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do, however, really like being able to "hit" Jirahs using the drop target on the middle playfield too.

RM

#2625 1 year ago

Look, it may be my aging eyes, but the font size and very low contrast of the labels on the new UI are almost illegible.

At the very least, they should be very black against the silver background.

I have to lean forward and squint to see what they say.

RM

New UI Illegible (resized).jpgNew UI Illegible (resized).jpg
#2626 1 year ago

I had a bug where the upper most playfield died while in Jirahs multiball. The mode kept going but I couldn’t score the super jackpot because the flipper was dead. I got to the Jirahs multiball again on the same ball and it worked fine. Who knows.

#2627 1 year ago
08D18742-3794-40E4-B3CD-F1F556E63D9E (resized).jpeg08D18742-3794-40E4-B3CD-F1F556E63D9E (resized).jpeg
#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Look, it may be my aging eyes, but the font size and very low contrast of the labels on the new UI are almost illegible.

I’m finding all the new games are like this … I was scoring at a tournament yesterday, the new Sterns also have the tiny hard to see scores. Aerosmith is maybe the worst with its white on grey.

rd

#2629 1 year ago

Install went perfect, no issues, screen is sized correctly, I played 10 games with no issues (one ball search which was found). I like the interface over the previous one.

Only comment - screen transitions flickered, I don't recall that before but I would not call that an issue. Did not notice any content added.

Happy to have the update which looks like a lot of bug fixes. Good job Spooky! (and keep it up )

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe just a toggle to disable the bonus on the main PF switches?

I liked the timer, just not the loss of time when draining through the scoop.

#2631 1 year ago

But…How often do you actually need to re-read that now that you know what it says? Probably never I’d hope.

Quoted from RussMyers:

At the very least, they should be very black against the silver background.
I have to lean forward and squint to see what they say.
RM
[quoted image]

#2632 1 year ago

My old 65 year old eyes have no problems reading the displays. I like the changes to the UI. I still don’t understand what the triangle and square like things on the grid display are for.

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, an adjustable rate to Ultraman's declining power level would be great: Slow, Medium, Fast, plus it is exactly in line with his Color Timer in the show, he has limited power to defeat the Kaiju and if it runs out, Coma Time.

RM

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Install went perfect, no issues, screen is sized correctly, I played 10 games with no issues (one ball search which was found). I like the interface over the previous one.
Only comment - screen transitions flickered, I don't recall that before but I would not call that an issue. Did not notice any content added.
Happy to have the update which looks like a lot of bug fixes. Good job Spooky! (and keep it up )

I noticed this too...looked glitchy

#2635 1 year ago

Absolutely love the new UI, especially the kaiju alert screen on the left and the seismograph or whatever its called on the right. Also good call on changing around jirahs and having it carry over between balls. Game is really coming together, cant wait to see it continue

#2636 1 year ago

#2637 1 year ago

New code is amazing! love the new UI and the lights are even more awesome.

#2638 1 year ago

The “shoot the flashing target” is too small. It’s very hard to read.

#2639 1 year ago

Liked the direction I am seeing. Like new display and the Spacium Animation were awesome.

Did notice that the Right Top Flipper seems to lag a bit.. Maybe it just needed warming up .
IDK just seemed a bit sluggish after update.. No idea if that is what others are talking about..
That could just be a 'Pinball issue' as I've noticed this on Williams games in the past that haven't
gotten played in awhile. So...

Had a good game.. and can't wait to see the next batch of updates.

#2640 1 year ago

Hey SpookyBug i have a pinball recording tip and trick. On your mic, put a piece of soft open cell foam under your mic. It will cut down a little on the clickity clacks of the game, but still pick up you and the game audio just fine. This piece is 8” square and about 1” thick, but was super easy to poke a hole in the center and sandwich between the stand and mic.

B99E7A8B-99E0-4D52-9E3A-21801963701D (resized).jpegB99E7A8B-99E0-4D52-9E3A-21801963701D (resized).jpeg
#2641 1 year ago

I really like the menu option to turn off the Baltan wave. A great option for those of us who don’t have the creep issue.

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I really like the menu option to turn off the Baltan wave. A great option for those of us who don’t have the creep issue.

Newer owner here. Can you explain the issue and what this setting mitigates or changes?

#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Newer owner here. Can you explain the issue and what this setting mitigates or changes?

Some people had an issue with the Baltans by the buildings slowly slowly coming out from behind the buildings over time. Code was added which made the baltans peek out of the building in a wave every time the ball went down the wire form behind them. This reset any creep so that it was not noticeable. Turning off this in the menu causes Baltan to only come out from behind buildings when he is needed. I like this better.

#2644 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Some people had an issue with the Baltans by the buildings slowly slowly coming out from behind the buildings over time. Code was added which made the baltans peek out of the building in a wave every time the ball went down the wire form behind them. This reset any creep so that it was not noticeable. Turning off this in the menu causes Baltan to only come out from behind buildings when he is needed. I like this better.

Oh ok. Thanks for the response!

#2645 1 year ago

What is the Lifter Shake setting?

RM

#2646 1 year ago

Assuming that it toggles the shaker off/on for the inlane lifter warning.

Quoted from RussMyers:

What is the Lifter Shake setting?
RM

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Why the downvotes?

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I do, however, really like being able to "hit" Jirahs using the drop target on the middle playfield too.
RM

Having the drop target would keep me (hopefully) from trapping and shooting the scoop into oblivion. I guess it gives time to drink a beer with my right hand.

Now that I can hurt Jirahs in the mid-playfield but face no risk of UM damage seems off. In the top pf I can damage Jirahs for -10 and also hurt UM. Mid-playfield is all upside for UM. Would be nice if the targets would hurt UM (but then how does he heal).

I mean Jirah's damage carries over. Not insane to have UM heal from anywhere on the pf now like he needs to go back to base or space or the rubber suit store.

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Why the downvotes?

It's a jab at Spooky when they just put out 1.08, says 1.09 and "good cooking takes time" at the top.

#2650 1 year ago

I figured it was meant as a jab, but I still gave him a thumbs up. I was working on updates for the 1.09 code at the time. So it made me chuckle. Still lots more goodness to come.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.