(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 101.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Do we think there will be a game play video dropped before the 10th showcasing the new code?

My guess is they will be bug testing and refining it all the way till July 8th, so probably not.

#2502 1 year ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Excited to have our 5th Spooky pin in the lineup! Ultraman CE #290.... Had to move Rob Zombie out for a much needed shop job and upgrade session. Ultraman plays waaaaay better than I would have imagined from the videos. Such a fun and interesting game. The two upper spinners are fantastic!
The risers have taken getting used to. I agree it can be tough to hear the notification sound in a loud arcade when it's busy and all the machines are going at once (we have close to 40 pins on the floor). It's mainly an issue on multiball. When we are closed an I'm playing by myself, it's not much of an issue. Practice will help
Absolutely LOVE this game.
[quoted image]

I boosted the base and mids and you can hear the audible cue for the ball lift in every room... LOL.

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just spent a few days playing with focus on the upper playfield - was trying to dial in the upper flipper setting
First image with yellow “x” shows preferred setting on my game
Flipping and holding in the flipper button will automatically put the ball through the posts on the upper left to assist the figure 8 (butt pretzel)
Other images show where the ball hits when the flipper tip is set in a lower or higher position
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the guidance. Could you take a “perfect alignment” photo with the flipper active? Mine is adjusted as per your picture but the ball still hits higher than optimal. Maybe the range of my active flipper extends farther than yours?

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters. It didn't make much difference as these big pink and blue plastics still covered them:
[quoted image]
But!! As wolftownjeff mentioned, you can also remove these as there are translucent orange plastic protectors underneath:
[quoted image]
And just like that, I can now see the ball exiting the lifter on both sides. It's such a neat effect to actually see and you can locate the ball so much faster without needing the sound cue. It's really increased my enjoyment and I honestly have a higher percentage of shots made because it's easier to time the ball.
The biggest downside is that the yellow lights under the ball guide are now a little too bright - but they can be covered or disconnected.
Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane. But really, it's so much better that mine are staying off permanently regardless if that can happen or not. Huge upgrade!

I dont have an issue with the lifters but I see how it could help see the ball better and not get surprised during gameplay. If I was going to do anything, I would trace out the solid pink and blue plastics to follow the sling and outlane then trim the center piece off those plastics. It will still give u the glow from the translucent plastics, cover the lights, and visibility will be much better over the lifter with that middle piece removed. You'll lose the Kaiju plastics (which kinda sucks) BUT I think it would look pretty good. I checked and when separated into 2 plastics, there are enough screws/nuts to secure them.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Thanks for the guidance. Could you take a “perfect alignment” photo with the flipper active? Mine is adjusted as per your picture but the ball still hits higher than optimal. Maybe the range of my active flipper extends farther than yours?

Yup. Here you go
Not an easy shot to take
Need to pull the glass, shoot ball up center ramp enough to energize upper flippers, then grab ball and hit flipper button!

7127ACCE-7B73-4E9D-B1DD-62D6A14B83C1 (resized).jpeg7127ACCE-7B73-4E9D-B1DD-62D6A14B83C1 (resized).jpeg
#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yup. Here you go
Not an easy shot to take
Need to pull the glass, shoot ball up center ramp enough to energize upper flippers, then grab ball and hit flipper button![quoted image]

Thanks. That doesn’t explains my issue. my flipper is almost the same when activated. I might try a different rubber band.

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Thanks. That doesn’t explains my issue. my flipper is almost the same when activated. I might try a different rubber band.

Stay after it, a small adjustment makes a large shift in point of aim
LMK if you need any other pics or have additional Qs
Also note that you might want to play a few games at each test setting
Not all shots follow all the way thru the pretzel loop
I think it takes a very specific shot in an exact manner to clear the whole figure 8
In other words, I’m betting that exactly where you push the ball thru that first spinner determines the success of your shot - a little left or right might make a world of difference
That’s next on my list is to watch (or film) that shot to discover more

#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Not all shots follow all the way thru the pretzel loop. I think it takes a very specific shot in an exact manner to clear the whole figure 8. In other words, I’m betting that exactly where you push the ball thru that first spinner determines the success of your shot - a little left or right might make a world of difference.

Good discussion about the pretzel shot. As the user above posted, not every shot that clears the first spinner is going to make the second spinner...period. Personally, I like that the pretzel is completed on super clean shots, but you can set it up so that it will complete the loop at slower speeds. Looking at a picture might give you some idea, but the exact setup is dependent on too many variables. It's probably best to just take the glass off and start shooting the shot. There is an "enable flipper" settings in the test menu that you can enable to practice. Shoot it a bunch and see what you prefer.

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Good discussion about the pretzel shot. As the user above posted, not every shot that clears the first spinner is going to make the second spinner...period. Personally, I like that the pretzel is completed on super clean shots, but you can set it up so that it will complete the loop at slower speeds. Looking at a picture might give you some idea, but the exact setup is dependent on too many variables. It's probably best to just take the glass off and start shooting the shot. There is an "enable flipper" settings in the test menu that you can enable to practice. Shoot it a bunch and see what you prefer.

I am thinking that if they ever offer them in a small flipper version, the "butt pretzel" flipper would be an ideal candidate for the Precision-Flip Flipper System. You can make minute adjustments to dial it in entirely from the top.

RussM

#2510 1 year ago

Ultraman day is just a week away. Can't wait to see what is in store.

My game is still doing great, no issues to speak of ATM.. Last code update seem to fix my 'never ending' multi-ball bug.

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Can't wait to see what is in store.

How certain are we there will be a code update on Ultraman Day? I’ve seen it discussed in this thread but not by Spooky unless I missed it. Thanks!

#2512 1 year ago

We started the rumor.

#2513 1 year ago

So when is Halloween day? And don't say Oct 31, that's too far out for a code update...

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We started the rumor.

Any teaser pics you can show to get us all even more excited?

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We started the rumor.

But did you start the fire?

#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

But did you start the fire?

Oh...I hope not.

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Oh...I hope not.

So, you didn't start the fire. Settled. Loving your guy's work and pins!

#2518 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

So when is Halloween day? And don't say Oct 31, that's too far out for a code update...

While, this update will feature the first glimpse of the new Ultraman user interface, there are also a number of tweeks and fixes that will be released for Halloween.

#2519 1 year ago

Fingers crossed. This game has some real potential.. Honestly think it could be better than The Shadow down the road. It shoots pretty good in my opinion. Its just small details that will ultimately determine its place in history.

#2520 1 year ago

This game has some real potential.. Honestly think it could be better than The Shadow down the road

Agreed. And speaking of the shadow, I said it once before and I’ll say it again - Ultraman makes me think of the shadow. UM has that 90s BW feel and play and I thinks that’s part of why I like it so much, and further it’s reminiscent of traits of the shadow, and that’s why I like it even more.

Hears a shout to UM day 2022…

#2521 1 year ago

Fingers crossed. This game has some real potential..

I agree! Loving mine and really looking forward to the next update. Thank you to Spooky for all the hard work and support on Ultraman.

#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:Fingers crossed. This game has some real potential.. Honestly think it could be better than The Shadow down the road. It shoots pretty good in my opinion. Its just small details that will ultimately determine its place in history.

That is some great company to be in. Shadow is a game that I really cannot get enough of. It has something I can't quite put into words that keeps me coming back to it. That's pretty high praise for UM! I hope I feel the same once the polishing touches have been put on the game.

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yup. Here you go
Not an easy shot to take
Need to pull the glass, shoot ball up center ramp enough to energize upper flippers, then grab ball and hit flipper button![quoted image]

I just wanted to say thanks here to MT45 for posting these alignment pics.

I know ever game is a little different, but I was really having problems getting my flipper for the upper playfield dialed in and I used his pics as a guide, just set it exactly like his and Bob's yer Uncle.

Shoots beautifully now; what a great shot in such a small space - Kudos to Spooky for this one.

Really enjoying my Ultraman now.

RussM

#2524 1 year ago

Well it has been three full weeks since UM #258 shipped out. Just got the call to schedule delivery to me for this Friday morning. Really excited for a weekend of playing and tweaking the game. Pretty sure I'm going to set this up inside the house for now.

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I just wanted to say thanks here to MT45 for posting these alignment pics.
I know ever game is a little different, but I was really having problems getting my flipper for the upper playfield dialed in and I used his pics as a guide, just set it exactly like his and Bob's yer Uncle.
Shoots beautifully now; what a great shot in such a small space - Kudos to Spooky for this one.
Really enjoying my Ultraman now.
RussM

Glad it helped! I couldn’t just “correct” mine without sharing what I learned. Not the Spooky way!
Enjoy
Tim

#2526 1 year ago

Has the latest codes caused some glitches? Just was playing a game, had a very long multi ball, then all of a sudden flippers went dead, the store came up, had to choose something fast started the game going again then 3 balls got stuck in the inner lane pop ups. Game would not do a ball search and just froze up.

Another glitch I am seeing from a operator perspective, is both Ultra Man and Halloween will not award a free play when some one reaches the value.

One other glitch. I try to make the replay value 25mil, but with Ultraman as soon as you power off and back on it goes to 5 mil. Halloween holds the 25mil but not Ultraman. But again neither will award a free play.

Hoping some new code is going to address these issues.

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Has the latest codes caused some glitches? Just was playing a game, had a very long multi ball, then all of a sudden flippers went dead, the store came up, had to choose something fast started the game going again then 3 balls got stuck in the inner lane pop ups. Game would not do a ball search and just froze up.
Another glitch I am seeing from a operator perspective, is both Ultra Man and Halloween will not award a free play when some one reaches the value.
One other glitch. I try to make the replay value 25mil, but with Ultraman as soon as you power off and back on it goes to 5 mil. Halloween holds the 25mil but not Ultraman. But again neither will award a free play.
Hoping some new code is going to address these issues.

I asked Spooky and apparently the replay issue and service credits will be in the next update.

#2528 1 year ago

I was very surprised to get an email from our distributer today regarding our BSE UM. Apparently Spooky is finishing up the last few CE builds and will be moving on to BSE this month. The most recent UM I have seen mentioned here in the forum was 258, have they managed to make 165 more games in the last month? I ask because we are number 423, so I was surprised they had jumped that far. I thought I was being hopeful to get it early in 2023.

Hopefully not just an error I want to see UM next to R&M in my living room

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I was very surprised to get an email from our distributer today regarding our BSE UM. Apparently Spooky is finishing up the last few CE builds and will be moving on to BSE this month. The most recent UM I have seen mentioned here in the forum was 258, have they managed to make 165 more games in the last month? I ask because we are number 423, so I was surprised they had jumped that far. I thought I was being hopeful to get it early in 2023.

Nice. I’m in on a standard, #467. But thought both BSE and standards would be run along with Halloween BSE/standards. Would be nice to see them get all UMs out this year.

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

They just posted they expect to be done with CEs in a couple months. I am BSE 426, so I'm interested if this was a jumping the gun thing or not.

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I would rather Spooky confirm this. Their original goal was to have all games made by the end of 2022 and that was before a few production delays that was out of their control. Now a distro is saying they are almost done with the largest % model and moving the BSE with 5 months left in the year. I’m not so sure about that.

#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I would rather Spooky confirm this. Their original goal was to have all games made by the end of 2022 and that was before a few production delays that was out of their control. Now a distro is saying they are almost done with the largest % model and moving the BSE with 5 months left in the year. I’m not so sure about that.

Sounds too soon to me, too. kingau received UM #291 two weeks ago, which is the highest number I’ve seen and leaves >100 CEs left to build. I’m #304 and have not yet received notice that mine is on the line.

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Sounds too soon to me, too. kingau received UM #291 two weeks ago, which is the highest number I’ve seen and leaves >100 CEs left to build. I’m #304 and have not yet received notice that mine is on the line.

What’s the ratio? 2.5 H built per 1 UM? So with 100ish UM left there is still 350ish total CEs to build. Anyone remember the latest number of games they are able to make a week? 15? 20? 30? Even at 30 a week that’s 12 weeks. Lots of fuzzy math, but just showing my thought process on the timing.

#2534 1 year ago

Spooky made a comment that they expect the games to be done by fall, over in the Halloween thread. Top of page 141.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Spooky made a comment that they expect the games to be done by fall, over in the Halloween thread. Top of page 141.

Ohhh… Luke said they had some delay on butter cabs, that explains why mine hasn’t hit the line. Thanks!

#2536 1 year ago

Hey guys, I have recently acquired a Ultraman CE. No documentation unfortunately…. I have the topper but no motor. I am assuming it’s some little 5 or 12vdc motor. Either way can anybody point me to the topper motor voltage and rpm’s (maybe replacement) as well as where it actual connects (board location and terminal)? Any help is appreciated!

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from Klonestar:

Hey guys, I have recently acquired a Ultraman CE. No documentation unfortunately…. I have the topper but no motor. I am assuming it’s some little 5 or 12vdc motor. Either way can anybody point me to the topper motor voltage and rpm’s (maybe replacement) as well as where it actual connects (board location and terminal)? Any help is appreciated!

I would just reach out to [email protected] They will take care of you I'm sure!

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Thanks for pointing to the post. That’s quite the turnaround. Good for them.

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Thanks for pointing to the post. That’s quite the turnaround. Good for them.

Spooky is doing a great job banging these out, but I would guess they are also now skipping over the CE buyers that aren't completing their purchase.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Spooky is doing a great job banging these out, but I would guess they are also now skipping over the CE buyers that aren't completing their purchase.

Bingo! Don't forget distros that might not want there balance of a pins that sell for less then msrp at this point. That could be a lot of deadstock waiting for prices to go up...

#2541 1 year ago

I can confirm that Spooky is managing the build schedule exceptionally well. I received my Ultraman #311 last month June 23rd. Sorry I did not post something sooner, I was out of town for 12 days and I am just getting back home. However, I now have about 100 plays on it and it is so much fun!!! Well worth the wait so all you BSE and SE owners get ready I think you will be playing yours sooner then expected. Mine plays well out of the box my only issue is having to adjust the plunger, it was striking the ball way far left making a really weak shot. This is an easy fix. It’s definitely a hit with friends and family.

88F5AE2B-72B2-4702-93AB-350A2A734DA7 (resized).jpeg88F5AE2B-72B2-4702-93AB-350A2A734DA7 (resized).jpeg
#2542 1 year ago

Yay!!
Finally got my email for Butter cab request. Not going butter as some delays and I would miss shipping to OZ.
So for the other guys from Australia you should also be getting your email too.
Now I am excited again.

#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yay!!
Finally got my email for Butter cab request. Not going butter as some delays and I would miss shipping to OZ.
So for the other guys from Australia you should also be getting your email too.
Now I am excited again.

Oh man, the butter cab is the moat beautiful thing going on now in pinball.
The Ultraman artwork is the most beautiful artwork on a game in a long time.
If you are paying all that money you may want to reconsider and keep the butter, mine is a keeper based on that alone.

cheers

#2544 1 year ago

New software tomorrow?…should I blow off work????

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

New software tomorrow?…should I blow off work????

It’s the 10th I believe for the code drop

#2546 1 year ago

This is the big one for UM in regards to code drop. The one that everyone has been waiting for. Hopefully it is a game changer.
I have to admit I am excited to see what all the work and wait has produced.

#2547 1 year ago

Just change the flippers and buttons to white with red rubbers.
I love this machine!

20220707_183448 (resized).jpg20220707_183448 (resized).jpg20220707_183514 (resized).jpg20220707_183514 (resized).jpg
#2548 1 year ago

Would love to do butter. As the artwork is amazing. But then I would have to arrange my own shipping to Australia. As I have already looked in to that it was close to $2000AUD and another $1465AUD for butter it’s getting way up there. Almost $3500 extra. Not really worth that much to just have Butter.
Oh well.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Oh man, the butter cab is the moat beautiful thing going on now in pinball.
The Ultraman artwork is the most beautiful artwork on a game in a long time.
If you are paying all that money you may want to reconsider and keep the butter, mine is a keeper based on that alone.
cheers

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yeah, that seems plausible. I wonder if Spooky is actually going to build all 500 UM CEs?

Also, does anyone know what happens to the deposit money when someone backs out? Specifically, if you ordered through a distro. Do they get all of your deposit, or does Spooky, or do they split it? Just curious.

#2550 1 year ago

Excited for Ultraman day! But a little nervous. I’m loving the game. I hope they don’t completely change the UI. I do like the idea of it being Fuji’s computer bank. I’m hoping for some better music and sound balance and smoother video transitions. Last night the butt pretzel was rocking with my fastest Jirahs time yet. Never left the upper playfield! I’m usually scrambling to get back up there for a last second ramp shot for the big finish. Love the fanfare afterwards. Perfect reward. As long as new code keeps that magic, I’m good to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.