(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 101.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I checked my order emails and they come from a “no reply” address and have no contact info (mine shipped a week after order and arrived in about a week, no issues).
Looks like they are responsive on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/lanezcustomsteel/?ref=page_internal

Cool. I don’t Facebook. I may have to start.

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Exactly...apparently hit the wrong button! Changed accordingly.
Please...sorry I caused you any stress, but I'm not a "Chickenshit" (whatever that means).
Try not to sweat the small stuff, Frax. A pinball buddy I've known for over 12 years passed away this weekend. He is also a champion jet skier (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3870556273052479&ref=sharing).

Sorry to hear that man. Losing friends is never fun, but that's just an extra kick in the nuts.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Can't tell you how many times I've hit the downvote (or upvote) button because I'm curious to see who's on the list, and then I'm like D'oh!

You can always click it a second time to remove the vote.

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

You can always click it a second time to remove the vote.

Yup!

#2455 1 year ago

OK, I feel like a moron. Even though I have read through the rulesheet, I cannot seem to figure out what is going on whenever these 3 inserts light up.

I'm stumped as to what they mean and what I'm supposed to do.

RM

UM Inserts (resized).jpgUM Inserts (resized).jpg
#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, I feel like a moron. Even though I have read through the rulesheet, I cannot seem to figure out what is going on whenever these 3 inserts light up.
RM
[quoted image]

Where can I find this rule sheet? I read through Rarehero rules in the key post. But I am interested in learning even more.

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Where can I find this rule sheet? I read through Rarehero rules in the key post. But I am interested in learning even more.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ultraman-wiki-rulesheet/7456

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM
[quoted image]

Your not wrong, they are underutilized with current code. They represent Pigmon, Science Patrol, and Kaiju Multiballs. The Science Patrol will play a greater roll in the future. At that time, those inserts will become more important for quickly tracking what is currently stacked.

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I checked my order emails and they come from a “no reply” address and have no contact info (mine shipped a week after order and arrived in about a week, no issues).
Looks like they are responsive on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/lanezcustomsteel/?ref=page_internal

Any chance you see a phone number or email on their Facebook page? I wonder if this is the company that is powdering all the spooky games.

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Any chance you see a phone number or email on their Facebook page? I wonder if this is the company that is powdering all the spooky games.

I didn’t see a number, but if I recall correctly it was a guy who worked at Spooky who had a side business. Not sure if he still works at Spooky, but I believe he still does all their powder coating. Squirrel might be able to get you in touch.

I don’t have my game yet (#304, but I went for butter and haven’t received notice of it being on the line), but the shooter rod housing is really good looking.

#2461 1 year ago

During multiball I had a ball exiting the left lifter as another ball was coming. Timing was perfect and they all collided and the one ball pushed up the other ball and I could see the plastics bending. Good news is plastics are fine. Bad news is the inlane lifter won’t push a ball out anymore. The ball doesn’t lift up high enough. I have to use a magnet tool to grab the ball before it drops down. Is the lifter adjustable? Maybe it got knocked out of adjustment and can no longer lift the ball all the way out? My wife said I was playing UM too much and neglecting my other games. So I guess this helps that lol.

#2462 1 year ago

Unboxed my new ultraman CE this morning. Instantly had a bunch of small issues stuck balls and tweaks no big deal then on my 6th game i noticed the very top right flipper stopped working.

Investigated closer and found the pin on the plunger link fell out. Normally not a big deal but shit getting to that coil looks like i have to disassemble most of the game. A little frustrated to say the least.

Anyone have experience getting the top play field off? I figure worst case I’ll call them tomorrow and ask the best way.

353D0E30-EA26-426F-8FA1-9CFA92E3D204 (resized).jpeg353D0E30-EA26-426F-8FA1-9CFA92E3D204 (resized).jpeg
#2463 1 year ago

Got super jackpots on all multiballs for first time tonight and got to play Zetton without “cheating”. What a great time. Still loving Pigmon as best mode. Just perfect amount of weird and silly. Dada is a close second. Although my best moment of the night was accidentally starting zembular with Jirahs running. Nailed the drop and ramp with 2 seconds left and coincidentally was my third and final super jackpot to qualify Zetton (second time starting Jirahs in same game).

#2464 1 year ago

Had this happen on my Halloween (lower left and upper right flippers) - it's going to keep happening. Call em up and they'll send replacement linkages - I'd save your efforts for when they send a replacement so you're not taking the game apart twice.

Quoted from V8haha:

Unboxed my new ultraman CE this morning. Instantly had a bunch of small issues stuck balls and tweaks no big deal then on my 6th game i noticed the very top right flipper stopped working.
Investigated closer and found the pin on the plunger link fell out. Normally not a big deal but shit getting to that coil looks like i have to disassemble most of the game. A little frustrated to say the least.
Anyone have experience getting the top play field off? I figure worst case I’ll call them tomorrow and ask the best way. [quoted image]

#2465 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Investigated closer and found the pin on the plunger link fell out.

Spooky said a week back that they’d been supplied a bad batch of plungers. Get in touch and they’ll sort you out.

rd

#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

During multiball I had a ball exiting the left lifter as another ball was coming. Timing was perfect and they all collided and the one ball pushed up the other ball and I could see the plastics bending. Good news is plastics are fine. Bad news is the inlane lifter won’t push a ball out anymore. The ball doesn’t lift up high enough. I have to use a magnet tool to grab the ball before it drops down. Is the lifter adjustable? Maybe it got knocked out of adjustment and can no longer lift the ball all the way out? My wife said I was playing UM too much and neglecting my other games. So I guess this helps that lol.

There's a YouTube video made by Spooky to show how to adjust the lifter

#2467 1 year ago

How many times are you supposed to shoot the orbits to raise the drop targets after finishing a mode?
I sometime have to do it 2 times or more. Switch issue?

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

How many times are you supposed to shoot the orbits to raise the drop targets after finishing a mode?
I sometime have to do it 2 times or more. Switch issue?

It seems to be twice on my UM. Doesn't seem to matter, 2 left orbits, 2 right orbits or 1 of each.

It would be great if there was some indicator like "Shoot orbits to reset drop targets" on the display, or if you made 1 orbit, the orbit inserts would pulse or flash until you made the 2nd orbit and the drops reset.

RM

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It seems to be twice on my UM. Doesn't seem to matter, 2 left orbits, 2 right orbits or 1 of each.
It would be great if there was some indicator like "Shoot orbits to reset drop targets" on the display, or if you made 1 orbit, the orbit inserts would pulse or flash until you made the 2nd orbit and the drops reset.
RM

I believe it goes up by one shot after each mode, as well. This is where there could be some more polish applied. Like you mention, lighting effects and on screen instructions, etc.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe it goes up by one shot after each mode, as well. This is where there could be some more polish applied. Like you mention, lighting effects and on screen instructions, etc.

Ah, did not notice that; yes would really be better with more feedback on that.

RM

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It would be great if there was some indicator like "Shoot orbits to reset drop targets" on the display

Almost certain that there is, it's just superimposed over the screen in screen display. Tough to see on the fly.

#2472 1 year ago

Good to know it's not a switch malfunction...

Something weird with Jirahs: once defeated, the ball does not stop anymore after the bridge and the multiballs does not start. Any clue?

#2473 1 year ago

Well, I officially backed out of my UM. So at some point CE #350 will be available for sale.

Boo. It just didn't make sense financially for me to follow-through. Yes, I'm taking a 2 thousand dollar hit on the deposit, but I'd lose more than that in value if I actually bought the game and paid the full invoice. As now CEs are worth less than 7k on the 2nd-hand market, and still falling. And the hit is even worse with shipping costs, or in gas costs to drive and do in-person pickup.

I think the game looks fun, and if I was planning on keeping it a long time, I wouldn't mind the value loss. But I only tend to keep my pins for a few months before moving them on. So residual value matters to me. Also, I was planning on putting it on route, but some of the quality/reliability issues concern me too.

Oh well, you live and you learn. Those that have or are getting the game, I hope you really enjoy it. Don't let me ruin your fun.

#2474 1 year ago
C181DE90-FEBD-43CA-918B-56B9A68BC722 (resized).jpegC181DE90-FEBD-43CA-918B-56B9A68BC722 (resized).jpeg
#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, I officially backed out of my UM. So at some point CE #350 will be available for sale.
Boo. It just didn't make sense financially for me to follow-through. Yes, I'm taking a 2 thousand dollar hit on the deposit, but I'd lose more than that in value if I actually bought the game and paid the full invoice. As now CEs are worth less than 7k on the 2nd-hand market, and still falling. And the hit is even worse with shipping costs, or in gas costs to drive and do in-person pickup.
I think the game looks fun, and if I was planning on keeping it a long time, I wouldn't mind the value loss. But I only tend to keep my pins for a few months before moving them on. So residual value matters to me. Also, I was planning on putting it on route, but some of the quality/reliability issues concern me too.
Oh well, you live and you learn. Those that have or are getting the game, I hope you really enjoy it. Don't let me ruin your fun.

Speculative pinball preordering isn't for the faint of heart I think we've seen all 5 stages of grief here, from denial (doubling down and holding 2 pre-order spots) to final acceptance.

Just a reminder that prior to the last 2 years it was expected that you would lose money on every new in box game and, at risk of being labeled a bubble-burst conspiracy theorist, I would suspect we return to that standard after inflation cools down and MSRP's adjust. You've done great work bringing some cool + unique titles to the people of Sioux Falls but I think you'll have to get into more of an operator-mindset if you want to continue rotating games out and not losing money on them.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I would suspect we return to that standard after inflation cools down and MSRP's adjust.

Except for JJP who apparently can increase MSRP by $2k without adding to the BOM (maybe even offering less) and still sell.

#2477 1 year ago

Getting ready for the new software.

Scoop1 (resized).JPGScoop1 (resized).JPGScoop2 (resized).JPGScoop2 (resized).JPGedge0 (resized).JPGedge0 (resized).JPGedge1 (resized).JPGedge1 (resized).JPGedge2 (resized).JPGedge2 (resized).JPGedge3 (resized).JPGedge3 (resized).JPGtemplate1 (resized).JPGtemplate1 (resized).JPGtemplate2 (resized).JPGtemplate2 (resized).JPG
#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Getting ready for the new software.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you plan to sell either of those?

#2479 1 year ago

I don't plan on selling these. Other posters have shared and performed these upgrades already. I was just sharing photos of mine. They take some time to install but well worth the effort. First I made a cardboard template for the drop target sneeze guard and once I was satisfied with its fit I then had a buddy with a bandsaw cut the new deflector. I sanded/polished the edges with #100 grit, #400 grit ... #12000 grit.

The new scoop was also time consuming to install but much better than the stock scoop.

#2480 1 year ago

Is there going to be more high scores? Not just overall, but the individual kaiju modes, zetton, bemular multiball, etc?

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

I don't plan on selling these. Other posters have shared and performed these upgrades already. I was just sharing photos of mine. They take some time to install but well worth the effort. First I made a cardboard template for the drop target sneeze guard and once I was satisfied with its fit I then had a buddy with a bandsaw cut the new deflector. I sanded/polished the edges with #100 grit, #400 grit ... #12000 grit.
The new scoop was also time consuming to install but much better than the stock scoop.

I am not that handy lol. So am hoping somebody offers them at some point.

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

I need this scoop deflector!

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Speculative pinball preordering isn't for the faint of heart I think we've seen all 5 stages of grief here, from denial (doubling down and holding 2 pre-order spots) to final acceptance.
Just a reminder that prior to the last 2 years it was expected that you would lose money on every new in box game and, at risk of being labeled a bubble-burst conspiracy theorist, I would suspect we return to that standard after inflation cools down and MSRP's adjust. You've done great work bringing some cool + unique titles to the people of Sioux Falls but I think you'll have to get into more of an operator-mindset if you want to continue rotating games out and not losing money on them.

Yeah, I think the tide has turned a bit on pinball prices.

So far, routing has been a win-win for me, and hasn't resulted in any losses. I've generally been able to sell my pins for around what I paid for them, sometimes more, sometimes less. And even when I've sold them for a bit less, the weekly earnings have generally kept me in the black anyway.

Currently, have a Cactus Canyon on route. And will be swapping it for a Rush soon. I'll probably keep Rush out until my Fathom is ready. But who knows how long that might be! Haggis is definitely not cranking them out like Spooky is now.

#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I think the tide has turned a bit on pinball prices.
So far, routing has been a win-win for me, and hasn't resulted in any losses. I've generally been able to sell my pins for around what I paid for them, sometimes more, sometimes less. And even when I've sold them for a bit less, the weekly earnings have generally kept me in the black anyway.
Currently, have a Cactus Canyon on route. And will be swapping it for a Rush soon. I'll probably keep Rush out until my Fathom is ready. But who knows how long that might be! Haggis is definitely not cranking them out like Spooky is now.

I passed on the Fathom for Ultraman. Probably still be waiting on Fathom. Got my Ultraman in December.

#2485 1 year ago

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters. It didn't make much difference as these big pink and blue plastics still covered them:

305D5D1A-C956-4AEB-B1C7-B8EE39721E03 (resized).jpeg305D5D1A-C956-4AEB-B1C7-B8EE39721E03 (resized).jpeg

But!! As wolftownjeff mentioned, you can also remove these as there are translucent orange plastic protectors underneath:

AA2D8375-2D47-4937-8870-53DDCD81CCB4 (resized).jpegAA2D8375-2D47-4937-8870-53DDCD81CCB4 (resized).jpeg

And just like that, I can now see the ball exiting the lifter on both sides. It's such a neat effect to actually see and you can locate the ball so much faster without needing the sound cue. It's really increased my enjoyment and I honestly have a higher percentage of shots made because it's easier to time the ball.

The biggest downside is that the yellow lights under the ball guide are now a little too bright - but they can be covered or disconnected.

Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane. But really, it's so much better that mine are staying off permanently regardless if that can happen or not. Huge upgrade!

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters. It didn't make much

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters.

Would you mind posting overall pics of the your playfield? I’m interested in doing this mod as well and it would help me to see what it looks like as a whole.

Thanks for posting what you’ve done so far.

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane.

Sounds like a good opportunity for Spooky or a modder to make some bucks!

rd

#2488 1 year ago

A piece of blue painters tape over the bright led fix's the problem.
I hate taking pieces off of the game but this made the game playable.

Now I can see the right lifter flap is not laying flush with the playfield?
It would be nice to have the update now for the 4th of July weekend.

#2489 1 year ago

I really feel like the covered inlane lifters are a unique challenge to this game and Halloween. I am surprised that people are considering compromising the artwork and design here. Kind of a shame.

Quoted from Damonator:

So, I finally got around to removing the Kaiju over the lifters. It didn't make much difference as these big pink and blue plastics still covered them:
[quoted image]
But!! As wolftownjeff mentioned, you can also remove these as there are translucent orange plastic protectors underneath:
[quoted image]
And just like that, I can now see the ball exiting the lifter on both sides. It's such a neat effect to actually see and you can locate the ball so much faster without needing the sound cue. It's really increased my enjoyment and I honestly have a higher percentage of shots made because it's easier to time the ball.
The biggest downside is that the yellow lights under the ball guide are now a little too bright - but they can be covered or disconnected.
Now we just need to convince Spooky to make alternate slingshot/ball guide plastics that DONT cover the lifter/inlane. But really, it's so much better that mine are staying off permanently regardless if that can happen or not. Huge upgrade!

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sounds like a good opportunity for Spooky or a modder to make some bucks!
rd

I hope Spooky does it for free.

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from lawspud:

Would you mind posting overall pics of the your playfield?

96D0E54F-B73D-40E8-9DDF-714E336FAB78 (resized).jpeg96D0E54F-B73D-40E8-9DDF-714E336FAB78 (resized).jpeg

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really feel like the covered inlane lifters are a unique challenge to this game and Halloween. I am surprised that people are considering compromising the artwork and design here. Kind of a shame.

Nah - if anything, it showcases the mech better. I'm sure some replacement artwork will be available at some point if enough people ask for it.

Obscured views are design choices, but not always popular ones.

A0A963E4-772D-4693-9D35-AB257775A65D (resized).jpegA0A963E4-772D-4693-9D35-AB257775A65D (resized).jpeg

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Please sell these! So frustrating hitting that scoop that I just shoot to second playfield and let drop in.

#2494 1 year ago

Here's a picture of the scoop I purchased from Marco.
You have to file the scoop to shoehorn it in place.
File down scoop side edges/corners. Too big, file some more until it fits.
I also filed the nuts on one side flatter so the scoop fit between the nuts nice and snug.
Time consuming ... yes

bracket (resized).jpgbracket (resized).jpgscoop3 (resized).JPGscoop3 (resized).JPGscoop4 (resized).JPGscoop4 (resized).JPG
#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

I also filed the nuts on one side flatter so the scoop fit between the nuts nice and snug.
Time consuming ... yes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome instructions. Thanks.

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a difference did it make on shots making it into the scoop?

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Time consuming ... yes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

An angle grinder will take material off no problem. Just be careful you don't take too much off

#2497 1 year ago

Do we think there will be a game play video dropped before the 10th showcasing the new code?

#2498 1 year ago

Excited to have our 5th Spooky pin in the lineup! Ultraman CE #290.... Had to move Rob Zombie out for a much needed shop job and upgrade session. Ultraman plays waaaaay better than I would have imagined from the videos. Such a fun and interesting game. The two upper spinners are fantastic!

The risers have taken getting used to. I agree it can be tough to hear the notification sound in a loud arcade when it's busy and all the machines are going at once (we have close to 40 pins on the floor). It's mainly an issue on multiball. When we are closed an I'm playing by myself, it's not much of an issue. Practice will help

Absolutely LOVE this game.

PXL_20220703_180207801 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_180207801 (resized).jpg

#2499 1 year ago

Powder matched shooter housing arrived. Very happy that it all coordinates now.

AECD2F8E-13D2-4985-815D-D859985986FE (resized).jpegAECD2F8E-13D2-4985-815D-D859985986FE (resized).jpeg
#2500 1 year ago

Just spent a few days playing with focus on the upper playfield - was trying to dial in the upper flipper setting
First image with yellow “x” shows preferred setting on my game
Flipping and holding in the flipper button will automatically put the ball through the posts on the upper left to assist the figure 8 (butt pretzel)
Other images show where the ball hits when the flipper tip is set in a lower or higher position

C5F2438C-D222-4A78-9E58-73F5DAF81E1F (resized).jpegC5F2438C-D222-4A78-9E58-73F5DAF81E1F (resized).jpeg2B7E4120-E5D7-4EBA-A196-57064F599C15 (resized).jpeg2B7E4120-E5D7-4EBA-A196-57064F599C15 (resized).jpeg34AAD7D3-DD3C-4934-B51A-7B89C434D3F7 (resized).jpeg34AAD7D3-DD3C-4934-B51A-7B89C434D3F7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.